Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953584 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 06, 2016
Dude04:
Happy new year Nairalanders, pls did anyone here take the PTE test am yet to take mine. plz i need a response ASAP tnx
Dude always go through the tread before asking questions, many info has already been given on PTE. Check olabode89 posts i think he did PTE in his time. Kiitos.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 8:55am On Jan 06, 2016
I took the pte test yesterday at bellaz in surelere. Even with the air conditioner i come day sweat. My advice to you. Never get distracted during the exam and be confident. i just day pray make i meet the 62 cut off.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Wordsmith(m): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2016
akinsbola452000:
what course did you apply for at University of Tampere?

Computational Big Data Analytics
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
razinnaija:
Happy new year Naira-landers,

I have been reading a lot of the posts here on studying in Finland and twale! to all the contributors. Your own no go loss.

I'm currently studying Industrial Design here in Nigeria and would be rounding up 2017. I would like to do my Masters in 'Collaborative and Industrial design' at Aalto University in Finland therefore I'm starting my research now. Here are some questions I would appreciate answers to...

-Please does anyone know any Nigerians studying this course at Aalto and is it a competitive course to get into there?
-When would be the right time to start applying because I would like to do my masters immediately after my B.A, before serving.
-How much would I need to save in my account to show self sufficiency?

Thats it for now.
Thanks in advance
RIN

Way to go mahn!

I know about 4 Nigerians studying in Aalto and 2 are "bosses" on this thread, but none of them are studying the course you mentioned.

When exactly in 2017 will you be graduating? The information is needed to help you plan and decide when to apply. I will suggest you take the English language proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL or PTE ) in the last quarter of 2016.

I don't encourage applicants that are not working and earning more than 100,000 naira to apply for the RP through the self sponsored route unless you have other source of income with the relevant support documents to substantiate the source of the funds in your bank account. I would advise that you get a sponsor. You will need 6720 euros.. that should be around 1.5M naira.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by razinnaija: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
thank you for the reply.
I'll be graduating July 2017 and I'll start preparing myself for the IELTs test as you have suggested.

Regarding my saving its actually just over half of what you have suggested but I have hope of a sponsor who Is in Germany. Would I need the sponsor to pay the money into my account when the time comes or can they just send their statement to me?

I really feel like the financial aspect would be my main challenge cry but I'm being positive in Christ.

RIN

olabode89:

Way to go mahn!

I now about 4 Nigerians studying in Aalto and 2 are "bosses" on this thread, but none of them are studying the course you mentioned.

When exactly in 2017 will you be graduating? The information is needed to help you plan and decide when to apply. I will suggest you take the English language proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL or PTE ) in the last quarter of 2016.

I don't encourage applicants that are not working and earning more than 100,000 naira to apply for the RP through the self sponsored route unless you have other source of income with the relevant support documents to substantiate the source of the funds in your bank account. I would advise that you get a sponsor. You will need 6720 euros.. that should be around 1.5M naira.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
razinnaija:
thank you for the reply.
I'll be graduating July 2017 and I'll start preparing myself for the IELTs test as you have suggested.

Regarding my saving its actually just over half of what you have suggested but I have hope of a sponsor who Is in Germany. Would I need the sponsor to pay the money into my account when the time comes or can they just send their statement to me?

I really feel like the financial aspect would be my main challenge cry but I'm being positive in Christ.

RIN

Your sponsor will have to pay the required 1.5M naira into your account, he will also have to provide a copy of his account statement and other documents supporting the source of his income.

If you start planning now, with your savings and a sponsor that can provide the above requirements you will be fine.

Also if you are positive that you will graduate by July 2015, you can meet up with next year's enrollment.

P.S - Hope you are aware after this year's enrollment Finnish universities are no more tuition free? Although unconfirmed sources are saying that it will be around 1,000 to 2,500 euros. Also there might be some financial aid packages for applicants.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
Woow, that's my course. You're welcome on board then. Contact me for any help!

Wordsmith:

Computational Big Data Analytics
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
jeffoe:
I took the pte test yesterday at bellaz in surelere. Even with the air conditioner i come day sweat. My advice to you. Never get distracted during the exam and be confident. i just day pray make i meet the 62 cut off.
My Dear, I paln on taking mine but I am having issues with regards to payment oooooo. This new economic policy na waaaaa
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by razinnaija: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
I really appreciate the light you are shedding on this although the whole thing is becomig a bit daunting. It seemed quite straight forward to begin with I guess...

Like I said, I have Hope of a sponsor, it's not sure.
I'll just continue saving what I can and prepare for the IELTS test. I'm not even sure if it still makes sense to work towards Aalto for next year as it's clear the major issue would be finance.

olabode89:

Your sponsor will have to pay the required 1.5M naira into your account, he will also have to provide a copy of his account statement and other documents supporting the source of his income.

If you start planning now, with your savings and a sponsor that can provide the above requirements you will be fine.

Also if you are positive that you will graduate by July 2015, you can meet up with next year's enrollment.

P.S - Hope you are aware after this year's enrollment Finnish universities are no more tuition free? Although unconfirmed sources are saying that it will be around 1,000 to 2,500 euros. Also there might be some financial aid packages for applicants.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2016
jeffoe:

Is 62 the general cut off or for specific school?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2016
mavinc4u:

Is 62 the general cut off or for specific school?
nope different schools have different pte cut off mark some schools accept 59.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by maestrojay(m): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2016
Hello guys, pls i'm interested in running a master's program in international relations in finland.. pls i need suggestions on a cheap or free-tuition english-teaching school in finland... thanks guyz.. i would really appreaciate comments on this..
Help a bro.. thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 11:01am On Jan 07, 2016
maestrojay:
Hello guys, pls i'm interested in running a master's program in international relations in finland.. pls i need suggestions on a cheap or free-tuition english-teaching school in finland... thanks guyz.. i would really appreaciate comments on this..
Help a bro.. thanks

Bro you really need to help yourself by going through some of the previous pages.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
Am applying this year my worry it the entrance exam which will not be held here. any help
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by simba01(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2016
Good day bosses, please I have a quick question. I have started applying for an undergraduate study in Finland, now my girlfriend and I are planning to go together, she is applying for postgraduate, so my question is about the 6000euros I am suppose to deposit in my account, do I have to deposit Anoda 6k euros in her account too? Cos we r going to be living together Or is there any way the one in my account can cover for both of us at the embassy of do we have to go as married couple or family members Please I will appreciate your answer to this, that you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 8:28am On Jan 09, 2016
@simba01 please am also an undergraduate applicant applying this year can we collaborate?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 8:30am On Jan 09, 2016
ceiling:
@simba01 please am also an undergraduate applicant applying this year can we collaborate?
and can I get any info for the entrance exams?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by simba01(m): 10:11am On Jan 09, 2016
ceiling:
and can I get any info for the entrance exams?
Sure we can, schools are yet to open admission for undergraduate studies cos the only admission available is for masters, and sorry I don't have info on entrance exams for now. Thank you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oluwaseun8(m): 9:50am On Jan 10, 2016
The entrance exam will be held in Kenya. Get yourself prepared ahead.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cocolacec(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
Can anyone advise me on thé Universities in Finland i am likely to get admission for masters in Engineering? THANKS
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
jeffoe:
Bro, I have finally paid for the pte,I will be taking mine on the 12th of January. have you received your score? and how is it?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by houseofb1: 12:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
Good day pls can anyone help me with info on how to apply for a master's in social work.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
frankie2K:

Bro, I have finally paid for the pte,I will be taking mine on the 12th of January. have you received your score? and how is it?
i am yet to recieve the test score. they sent me a mail apologizing for the delay. I just tire for pte
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jworos(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hello guys, I just started doing some research about studying in Finland before seeing this thread... Nice job you guys are doing here, the issue is my Bros over there in Finland told me to apply to a school now, as I'll be through with my first degree next year(2016),but after my little research I observed that their dead line is July and my school here we'll not be able to meet up with that time, we're going to be through by September... Is it advisable to continue the application?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
jworos:
Hello guys, I just started doing some research about studying in Finland before seeing this thread... Nice job you guys are doing here, the issue is my Bros over there in Finland told me to apply to a school now, as I'll be through with my first degree next year(2016),but after my little research I observed that their dead line is July and my school here we'll not be able to meet up with that time, we're going to be through by September... Is it advisable to continue the application?

No!

You cannot meet up with this year's admission process.

Have you written an English language proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL or PTE )?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
jeffoe:
i am yet to recieve the test score. they sent me a mail apologizing for the delay. I just tire for pte

That's weird....I got my result in less than 24hrs when I took the test last year.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 8:09am On Jan 13, 2016
olabode89:

That's weird....I got my result in less than 24hrs when I took the test last year.
here is a copy of the mail they sent me. i took the test on 5th of january. Pearson VUE, PTE Program Coordinator - Jan 11
to
*DO NOT reply to this email. Responses will not be supplied as this is an
automated email. If you have any questions, please contact customer service
in your region. If you have already received your ‘Score Report Available’
Notification, please disregard this email*
Dear Test Taker,
As you know, PTE Academic scores are usually available within five business
days. Sometimes scores are returned more quickly and, in a small number of
cases, they may take longer to be returned.
Unfortunately, your score is not yet available. We understand how important
your score is and we aim to get it to you as soon as possible. You will
receive an additional email when your score report is available. Once you
receive this email, you will be able to access your scores
through your web account.
Thank you for your patience.
--
Pearson PLT Program Coordinator
Pearson VUE – PTE Academic Program
5601 Green Valley Drive
Suite 300
Bloomington, MN 55437
USA
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jworos(m): 8:11am On Jan 13, 2016
olabode89:

No!

You cannot meet up with this year's admission process.

Have you written an English language proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL or PTE )?

Thanks for the reply Bro, I've not taken the test yet, what do you advise, I should wait till this time next year then? And what time is best to take the test?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2016
plz those that sent their documents to aalto, did u gt a reply wen it was delivered to dem, plus i wrote d pte test yesterday and got the test score today i jst sent dm my score.

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.