Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949588 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
sureb0y:
Those currently in Finland, it's important to also share your experience o. I have a guy there who has condemned the country so much. He said jobs are almost impossible to find yet things are so so expensive to buy especially now that the Naira is as valueless as the virginity of Nigerian girls these days. He's lowkey regretting his decision to go there. Of course there are ups and downs, don't get me wrong. He has simply criticized the job opportunities there, the discrimination. So, just try to let the European dream chasers know what they're coming to face. It's just a suggestion.

That is the reason why peeps are supposed to make enquiries and research before making such a major decision.
Jobs are difficult to get everywhere even for naija. Therefore I will advise anyone coming here to have a solid plan. What are your competencies, what do you want to do in future when you get here. The finnish language is essential for white collar jobs in small and medium sized companies. The big and some medium sized companies don't require working knowledge finnish. From my personal research and enquires guys in IT have a good chance of getting a good job, but u will be competing with them Indians and Pakistanis.

Part time Jackie jobs are quite easy to get in Tampere, I don't know about other cities. I know some guys that applied to some cleaning companies around October last year and started working some weeks ago.

Concerning discrimination.... most people don't understand that a high percentage of Finnish peeps start working as early as when they were 16 years old...summer jobs.... part time jobs etc. I learnt from my professor that they value all forms of experience as they believe that people with Finnish work experience are easy to deal and communicate with. So coming from naija we will be competing with guys that have 4 to 5 years working experience already, therefore one needs to know his/her onion. If you were an employer who will you employ?

In conclusion, I will advise guys arriving by August/September to come with enough cash o. Reduce spending as much as possible....2.60 euro student meals and home cooking should b ur thing... no go dey chow 6 to 10 euros fast food for Subway and MacD o.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
olabode89:

My oga..... the thing dey weak me... If God wan come punish person make e go dey group with does party head exchange students for group work or presentation. Some wherey lectures go come dey take attendance as incentive for extra points. Na d peer review dey vex me pass...after person don suffer write report, u go still review 3 reports of your course mates.... u go see English u go laff tire... grin all does guys wey English no b dem first language.

Lmao cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
@olabode89 I received this email from TUT,it reads this

Dear Applicant,
This is to confirm that we have now received your transcript of record from School of Post Graduate Studies.
Sincerely

I also sent another email asking if they have received the Hnd and Ond I sent via nipost but they have not replied. I am kind of worried seeing that the deadline is on 27th Jan. What do you think?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 7:20am On Jan 23, 2016
please has anyone's transcript got to the school after deadline and it was processed?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 10:18am On Jan 23, 2016
Hi Everyone, i am new here but i have been reading this thread for a while now. I have also just sent my transcripts and still awaiting confirmation too. feel free to ask questions on procedures. Thanks smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 10:19am On Jan 23, 2016
mavinc4u:
please has anyone's transcript got to the school after deadline and it was processed?
and yes you can still send after the deadline cos there is a supplementary deadline to update your documents which is usually 2 weeks after the deadline for application.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 10:20am On Jan 23, 2016
anniekoko:
Hi Everyone, i am new here but i have been reading this thread for a while now. I have also just sent my transcripts and still awaiting confirmation too. feel free to ask questions on procedures. Thanks smiley

Oya, this is my question below
mavinc4u:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2016
anniekoko:

and yes you can still send after the deadline cos there is a supplementary deadline to update your documents which is usually 2 weeks after the deadline for application.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
iceberg54:

LooooL...Boss, i think say na only Aalto get wahala ni. Course go be just 3 credits and e go get lectures, exercise sessions, assignments, group work, seminar presentations and reports etc. We enjoy for naija no be small.....lol
Bros u dy aalto, I applied to aalto I hope u can throw more light on wat to expect.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
anniekoko:

please which card did you use to pay for the application fee? my card does not work.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
I used Gtb Card. The card of payment must belong to the applicant.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
pls my docs have been sent but I have not paid the application fee will they acknowledge n mail me upon receipt

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
ceiling:
pls my docs have been sent but I have not paid the application fee will they acknowledge n mail me upon receipt

we are in the same boat.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 12:58am On Jan 24, 2016
Dude04:

Bros u dy aalto, I applied to aalto I hope u can throw more light on wat to expect.

Nothing much bro..make we pray make dem accept u first.

All the best sir!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
chai i don miss. been a while without u peeps. if you are coming to UEF i can be of help. how is preparation going,finland is cool and it is a nice place to be. kittos

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
anniekoko:
I used Gtb Card. The card of payment must belong to the applicant.
not necessary for the ATM card to be yours, i used my friend's Mastercard.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
mavinc4u:

we are in the same boat.
You have to pay application fee to fill the form, print and send along with your documents. How did you manage to fill the form?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 10:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
anniekoko:

You have to pay application fee to fill the form, print and send along with your documents. How did you manage to fill the form?

Really? I filled the form then I was sent both the application form and payment link. Check it on this https://studyinfo.fi/app/#!/korkeakoulu/1.2.246.562.17.36541415927

When it opens, scroll down and you will see fill in application and add to wish list. Please check and let me know if I am seeing double. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
anniekoko:

I think it changed when applications for undergraduates begins, before you have to pay app fees first before filling the form but now it's the other way round.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 2:01pm On Jan 25, 2016
mavinc4u:

Really? I filled the form then I was sent both the application form and payment link. Check it on this https://studyinfo.fi/app/#!/korkeakoulu/1.2.246.562.17.36541415927

When it opens, scroll down and you will see fill in application and add to wish list. Please check and let me know if I am seeing double. Thanks.
No you are not seeing double, that's how it is.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
Hope you also know that once you pay, you can apply for as many courses as possible starting at the same period. The link you sent, i can open it cos i have already paid. But if you didnt pay at all, then its quite surprising to me. Please make sure you pay to avoid any of their stories in the end.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 11:34pm On Jan 25, 2016
Finn081:

I think it changed when applications for undergraduates begins, before you have to pay app fees first before filling the form but now it's the other way round.
i think that things works only for undergraduate application. i have two gmail account. if i log into the other gmail account the studyinfo application portal wouldn't open unless i login with the gmail account i used in paying the application fee. "that thing na nonsense anybody can fill that stuff with someone else gmail account i doubt if they would be able to detect someone who didn't make the payment".
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 4:52am On Jan 26, 2016
jeffoe:
i think that things works only for undergraduate application. i have two gmail account. if i log into the other gmail account the studyinfo application portal wouldn't open unless i login with the gmail account i used in paying the application fee. "that thing na nonsense anybody can fill that stuff with someone else gmail account i doubt if they would be able to detect someone who didn't make the payment".
Lol

I don't think anybody can use your account that's why you are given application number moreover, if anybody does I doubt they will receive any message from UAF unless the person knows your gmail password.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nipost is now doing great now o. My documents took 11days to reach Finland and I have been notify by the school that they have received it.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 6:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
Finn081:
Nipost is now doing great now o. My documents took 11days to reach Finland and I have been notify by the school that they have received it.

How were you notified?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
which school did apply cox i have nt rcved any notification frm UAF. Though i tracked it and it was delivered.

Finn081:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
jkels:
How were you notified?
I was sent a message through Gmail.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
Growingboi:
which school did apply cox i have nt rcved any notification frm UAF. Though i tracked it and it was delivered.

I applied to University of Applied Sciences, don't know about UAF.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
this pte peeps have still not released my result. it three weeks already. any suggestion as to what to do as regards this ish. i mail and call them almost everday "na the same cool story, thanks for your patience we will contact you soon" this pte people charge over 45k for the exam "no be small money oooo plus the way naira day for free fall" plus that i had to resend fresh copies of my transcript last week. i just tire
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good day. I am having a little challenge. Sent my documents through EMS NIPOST. And have been tracking it and behold I saw Unsuccessful item delivery attempt (Inb) by 8am today. Does it mean my documents didn't arrive UAF or what? Anyone encountered that here?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by presiade(m): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
jkels:
Good day. I am having a little challenge. Sent my documents through EMS NIPOST. And have been tracking it and behold I saw Unsuccessful item delivery attempt (Inb) by 8am today. Does it mean my documents didn't arrive UAF or what? Anyone encountered that here?
Calm down. They probably have closed by the time your parcel arrived at the destination university; they'll deliver it tomorrow...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
presiade:

Calm down. They probably have closed by the time your parcel arrived at the destination university; they'll deliver it tomorrow...
Okay. Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.