Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953889 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by owoade25(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2016
iceberg54:

But you can apply regardless. You would indicate when you want to move in, and there is no financial implication. Waiting till after you get Rp might be too late and you might not get a place. And not securing a student apartment would be a disaster. Private apartments are expensive. So you're advised to apply now.

thanks boss. I'll do that ASAP
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
Good day friends. Pls I am just a litu curious abt this naira depreciation thing dat has takn effect since yesterday. Those that did their interview yesterday n today pls were u affected by the new naira development or embassy did not border? Plss I need to know as soon as possible so one can up the amount if possible oo. Thanks all
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by weirdarkhitekt(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
owoade25:

Boss Ice, thanks for the response. I want to wait for a decision to be made on my application before applying for MOAS accommodation. I am alerting the house in case I get a late decision and unable to get a room.

Thanks once again.

Late admission means that one may not be able to secure accommodation?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
frankie2K:

i tap into your blessing.will be going for interview on 18 june. I pray this fx policy dont affect ones application
E don pure already, baba frankie! Fx policy won't affect existing apps.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
really? tell me more

SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
tell us more bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Bro....you have any idea what's the implications of the policy for new applicants. Any info on the official excahnge rate?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
Omo, the way flights dey skyrocket nor be here o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
sirkezman:
really? tell me more

The policies dey fluctuate and since people applied based on status quo as at time of application, dem no fit stall the existing ones. At least, i don follow two people wey go embassy today talk and dem no mention anything like that to dem. Can't say the same about people wey never apply sha. Dem for don peg the naira equivalent wey dem go use for this batch
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
jkels:
tell us more bro
Find above, bro. Make we just hope for the best sha
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
jkels:
tell us more bro
Find above, bro. Make we just hope for the best sha
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
yea but then i dont think the embassy will say anything even if ur funds no reach, knowing fully well they wont be the one to make the decision.
Anyway i sent an email already. lets see if they reply.. hopefully the 1.6 will be enough

SCHOOLDROPOUT:

The policies dey fluctuate and since people applied based on status quo as at time of application, dem no fit stall the existing ones. At least, i don follow two people wey go embassy today talk and dem no mention anything like that to dem. Can't say the same about people wey never apply sha. Dem for don peg the naira equivalent wey dem go use for this batch
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
Does anyone have the email for the embassy un Nigeria and any idea if they answer mails on time.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
sirkezman:
yea but then i dont think the embassy will say anything even if ur funds no reach, knowing fully well they wont be the one to make the decision.
Anyway i sent an email already. lets see if they reply.. hopefully the 1.6 will be enough

True tho. Na migri get final say. I hope they don't misbehave sha, as you've called their attention to it. Fingers crossed still
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
i dont think its necessary for anyone to call the attention of the embassy or migri to the current FX issues in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
you think they dont know aiidy? its better to be safe than sorry

jkels:
i dont think its necessary for anyone to call the attention of the embassy or migri to the current FX issues in Nigeria.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
sirkezman:

chaiiiiii why naaaa. Why write to embassy? It is just like a lecturer said he will give test tomorrow and wen he come class person remind am. Do u tink he is a fool? He knows but wnt delay the thing till next time. Now he has been reminded he will give the test and probably dump it in his office. Please stop writing them and reminding them of the forex issue. Just pray it doesnt affect us this year
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 11:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
M
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 12:06am On Jun 22, 2016
ur logic isnt applicable in this case

frankie2K:

chaiiiiii why naaaa. Why write to embassy? It is just like a lecturer said he will give test tomorrow and wen he come class person remind am. Do u tink he is a fool? He knows but wnt delay the thing till next time. Now he has been reminded he will give the test and probably dump it in his office. Please stop writing them and reminding them of the forex issue. Just pray it doesnt affect us this year
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 3:15am On Jun 22, 2016
sirkezman:

please just let us know when they reply
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2016
I just called the embassy in Finland now.They said they are aware of the situation; they will only ask for supplements concerning the finance if the difference is so large.As for now they are still treating it as it were......I mean the immigration office in Finland.

No one should assume they don't know....Oyinbo take their work seriously. And someone is paid to carry out the task of implementing all those things. Also, if you like mail them till tomorrow it doesn't affect the decision that will be made on an international n diplomatic level...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:35am On Jun 22, 2016
i think people should start looking for back up funds.. in case because the difference now is close to 100 per unit.

sigh.. its well

olagold79:
I just called the embassy in Finland now.They said they are aware of the situation; they will only ask for supplements concerning the finance if the difference is so large.As for now they are still treating it as it were......I mean the immigration office in Finland.

No one should assume they don't know....Oyinbo take their work seriously. And someone is paid to carry out the task of implementing all those things. Also, if you like mail them till tomorrow it doesn't affect the decision that will be made on an international n diplomatic level...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by owoade25(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:

Late admission means that one may not be able to secure accommodation?

not exactly, but i understand that during July/august period, securing student apartment is usually difficult cos you have lots of student applying.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
olagold79:

ok ooooo at least i am kool. So what they meant is they will ask for evidence if they are large deposits in ones account.but they will peg their minimum at 225naira per euro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 2:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
frankie2K:

ok ooooo at least i am kool. So what they meant is they will ask for evidence if they are large deposits in ones account.but they will peg their minimum at 225naira per euro

That is not what they menat. They meant if the differnece in the official naira rate is high they will evauate their existing policy. But noyhing as changed for now. Aso it will definitely not affect those that have submitted their appliactions. Ony new ones like me can be a little bit alarmed.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
olagold79:

That is not what they menat. They meant if the differnece in the official naira rate is high they will evauate their existing policy. But noyhing as changed for now. Aso it will definitely not affect those that have submitted their appliactions. Ony new ones like me can be a little bit alarmed.
my brother do you mean you have not submitted your dox to migri online or to the embassy.i submitted my dox to migri on 16june and interview will be on 18july. I am worried ooooo. Try submit yours because time no dey
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
frankie2K:

my brother do you mean you have not submitted your dox to migri online or to the embassy.i submitted my dox to migri on 16june and interview will be on 18july. I am worried ooooo. Try submit yours because time no dey

I have not. ...I am applying from Europe. I will apply next month.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mezzy11: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
Wonderful evening house, pls I need someone that have health insurance with Aiico to send me his terms and conditions (indemnity) via "mesmick2009@yahoo.com". I was asked to upload this to my dashboard on enterfinland but I can't find mine again. I heard it is the same for everybody that insured with Aiico. Pls this is urgent fam, thanks!!!

cc: katosky, schooldropout, dude004, dazchi, etc. One love...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by katolistic(m): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
Check mail.

Mezzy11:
Wonderful evening house, pls I need someone that have health insurance with Aiico to send me his terms and conditions (indemnity) via "mesmick2009@yahoo.com". I was asked to upload this to my dashboard on enterfinland but I can't find mine again. I heard it is the same for everybody that insured with Aiico. Pls this is urgent fam, thanks!!!

cc: katosky, schooldropout, dude004, dazchi, etc. One love...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.