Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,523 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950599 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by weirdarkhitekt(m): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Well, as a naija guy, you should be able to, according to the veterans. You just have to find ways to cut cost. Are you headed for Uni Helsinki?

That's good to know. Hopefully, heading to Helsinki metropolia UAS,but the German uni handling admissions have not admitted yet. I hope they give me admission in time to get embassy appointment in early August (if possible)

Are jobs still possible to get in Helsinki without Finnish language?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by owoade25(m): 11:45am On Jun 20, 2016
@ olabode et all,

I am still waiting for a decision to be made on my application. Please can you help with anyone ready to share a room. I don't want to be stranded on accommodation when everything is finally sorted. Destination is either kuopio or mikkeli (aalto).

Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
owoade25:
@ olabode et all,

I am still waiting for a decision to be made on my application. Please can you help with anyone ready to share a room. I don't want to be stranded on accommodation when everything is finally sorted. Destination is either kuopio or mikkeli (aalto).

Thanks for the anticipated response.

Hi, there should be a student housing body in that city. I am sure the school included info about housing when you were granted admission. For example you can check moas.fi for Mikkeli. Its easier if you can get an apartment as a student, then you can get someone already here to share with. I only know much about Otaniemi campus and not the other campuses.

Cheers!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
anniekoko:

They didn't ask o. I just forgot to upload it initially. Truth is, same account is also my salary account and savings. My salary is more than 97k. And its the same account my sponsor paid in the 1.5m. He did 1m first, then 500k.
Hope you submitted proof of source of the money in your salary account?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:

That's good to know. Hopefully, heading to Helsinki metropolia UAS,but the German uni handling admissions have not admitted yet. I hope they give me admission in time to get embassy appointment in early August (if possible)

Are jobs still possible to get in Helsinki without Finnish language?

Okay bro. Heading to Helsinki too. Part-time jobs shouldn't be so difficult to get as Helsinki is the capital
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
One euro now 295 naira (€1=295NGN). The implication of this is, 6,720 X 295= 1,982,400(~2m NGN) will now be required for RP.

Make una apply charpaly if you never apply. Things are changing dramatically!

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Hope you submitted proof of source of the money in your salary account?
Yep. I attached employment letter. Don't have payslips and I stated that in my explanation letter. Also attached previous employment contract and statements cos I have worked somewhere else before.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
One euro now 295 naira (€1=295NGN). The implication of this is, 6,720 X 295= 1,982,400(~2m NGN) will now be required for RP.

The implication of this is quite brutal, I just checked now also. That means you'd need like 2million . It is well anyways.

I have another question tho, I understand some banks are accredited, while others are not for the purpose of RP...Please can anyone knindly tell me the accredited banks or a link where I can get the detailed info.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
anniekoko:

Yep. I attached employment letter. Don't have payslips and I stated that in my explanation letter. Also attached previous employment contract and statements cos I have worked somewhere else before.
Okay. Nice one! Anything yet?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
olagold79:

The implication of this is quite brutal, I just checked now also. That means you'd need like 2million . It is well anyways.

I have another question tho, I understand some banks are accredited, while others are not for the purpose of RP...Please can anyone kindly tell me the accredited banks or a link where I can get the detailed info.
RECOMMENDED BANKS FOR STUDENTS

NIGERIA

Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB)

Zenith Bank PLC

First Bank of Nigeria PLC

Access Bank PLC

Skye Bank
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

thank God the difference isn't that much, I was thinking it would be close to 400, with this development I believe the price would further go down, those peep who bought at black market rate with the intent that the price would go up would be forced to sell there dollars because further delays could be disastrous. Round tripping would be eliminated. There would be heavy supply.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by weirdarkhitekt(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Okay bro. Heading to Helsinki too. Part-time jobs shouldn't be so difficult to get as Helsinki is the capital
Great news. Is there anyway of booking accommodation with hoas before admission?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

what of persons that had applied with normal price and had submitted documents?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:
Great news. Is there anyway of booking accommodation with hoas before admission?

You have to be admitted to be able to apply for HOAS accommodation
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
jkels:

Well, i really cant tell but i doubt that it will take effect in this app round
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
jkels:

Well, i really cant tell but i doubt that it will take effect in this app round. Let's just keep fingers crossed
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
Naira is doomed

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
Glory be to God!

RP JUST LANDED NAIJA...cheesy cheesy cheesy

MY TIMELINE...
SENT HARD COPIES AND SUBMITTED ONLINE: 5TH MAY, 2016

INTERVIEW: 19TH MAY, 2016

REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS: 8TH JUNE, 2016.

SENT SUPP DOX: @ ABOUT 12AM 13TH JUNE, 2016.

RP GRANTED/APPROVED: 7AM, 13TH JUNE, 2016.

RP DELIVERED TO NAIJA: 20TH JUNE, 2016.(TODAY)

Arrival of your residence permit card at the Embassy of Finland in Abuja
A
ABA Visa
to me
3 hours agoDetails
Dear Last name, Firstname Othername,

This is to inform that the residence permit card associated with the positive decision on your residence permit application has arrived at the Embassy of Finland in Abuja. The residence permit card can be collected in one of two ways.

Collection via courier company. You should send your passport with a cover letter through DHL, UPS, FedEx or any other courier to the Embassy using the address below. The cover letter should indicate your email address, telephone number, customer number and return delivery address, and authorize the courier company to return your documents to you.

Embassy of Finland
RESIDENCE PERMIT OFFICE
No. 9 Iro Dan Musa Street
Asokoro
Abuja

You should pay in advance for the return delivery of the passport to the courier company at the same time of sending the passport to the Embassy. The Embassy will not return the passport if the return delivery is not paid in advance.

Collection in person. Residence permit cards can be collected in person from the Embassy from Monday to Thursday between 2pm and 4 pm. Kindly bring with you your international passport and a copy of this e-mail.

Sincerely Yours,

EMBASSY OF FINLAND IN ABUJA

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 8:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Glory be to God!

MY TIMELINE...

RP GRANTED/APPROVED: 13TH JUNE, 2016.

A
ABA Visa
to me
3 hours agoDetails

This is to inform that the residence permit card associated with the positive decision on your residence permit application has arrived at the Embassy of Finland in Abuja. The residence permit card can be collected in one of two ways.

Collection via courier company. You should send your passport with a cover letter through DHL, UPS, FedEx or any other courier to the Embassy using the address below. The cover letter should indicate your email address, telephone number, customer number and return delivery address, and authorize the courier company to return your documents to you.

Embassy of Finland
RESIDENCE PERMIT OFFICE
Asokoro
Abuja

You should pay in advance for the return delivery of the passport to the courier company at the same time of sending the passport to the Embassy. The Embassy will not return the passport if the return delivery is not paid in advance.

Collection in person. Residence permit cards can be collected in person from the Embassy from Monday to Thursday between 2pm and 4 pm. Kindly bring with you your international passport and a copy of this e-mail.

Sincerely Yours,

congrats bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Glory be to God!

MY TIMELINE...

A
ABA Visa
to me
3 hours agoDetails

Embassy of Finland
RESIDENCE PERMIT OFFICE
Asokoro
Abuja

Sincerely Yours,

I love this analysis in all it took 32 days . Congrat once again "hope say you done buy all the opeyin and agbo jedi jedi" hope to You meet one day in Finland. I suppose reach Dan iro this Wednesday.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Naira is doomed
naira" edakun gbera"

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
anyone going to the embassy tomorrow? can they ask for the implication of the exchange rate?

would be nice to have some official info from the embassy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by owoade25(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
iceberg54:

Hi, there should be a student housing body in that city. I am sure the school included info about housing when you were granted admission. For example you can check moas.fi for Mikkeli. Its easier if you can get an apartment as a student, then you can get someone already here to share with. I only know much about Otaniemi campus and not the other campuses.

Cheers!

Boss Ice, thanks for the response. I want to wait for a decision to be made on my application before applying for MOAS accommodation. I am alerting the house in case I get a late decision and unable to get a room.

Thanks once again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
jkels:
congrats bro
Thanks brother. Na till e enter my hand my mind go calm. grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
jeffoe:
I love this analysis in all it took 32 days . Congrat once again "hope say you done buy all the opeyin and agbo jedi jedi" hope to You meet one day in Finland. I suppose reach Dan iro this Wednesday.

I don give three women the contract make dem make massive quantity of opeyin and agbo jedi for guys. grin grin .
We go meet, bro.
Best of luck on wednesday

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Thanks brother. Na till e enter my hand my mind go calm. grin
After e don enter finish, congrats jare. Me i dey wait for my interview date for Indian embassy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
jeffoe:
naira" edakun gbera"

This cracked me up like shii cheesy
But this floating poo na big disaster.
If you put the naira equivalent, dem go wan confirm the euro equivalent with up-to-date rate. At least, migri go wan do am. I just hope say e no go be so
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
jeffoe:

I don give three women the contract make dem make massive quantity of opeyin and agbo jedi for guys. grin grin .
We go meet, bro.
Best of luck on wednesday
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
hakeembee:
After e don enter finish, congrats jare. Me i dey wait for my interview date for Indian embassy

My man Hakeem wey dey sting like bee. Thanks bro. Make e still enter hand grin.
Best of luck for ur interview, bro. E go make sense. Deep conviction!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

My man Hakeem wey dey sting like bee. Thanks bro. Make e still enter hand grin.
Best of luck for ur interview, bro. E go make sense. Deep conviction!
Amen!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 11:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Glory be to God!

MY TIMELINE...

A
ABA Visa
to me
3 hours agoDetails

Embassy of Finland
RESIDENCE PERMIT OFFICE
Asokoro
Abuja

Sincerely Yours,

i tap into your blessing.will be going for interview on 18 june. I pray this fx policy dont affect ones application
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 3:28am On Jun 21, 2016
owoade25:

Boss Ice, thanks for the response. I want to wait for a decision to be made on my application before applying for MOAS accommodation. I am alerting the house in case I get a late decision and unable to get a room.

Thanks once again.

But you can apply regardless. You would indicate when you want to move in, and there is no financial implication. Waiting till after you get Rp might be too late and you might not get a place. And not securing a student apartment would be a disaster. Private apartments are expensive. So you're advised to apply now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: ESA606(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.