Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949833 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
Holacunlay: @OP, thanks for the update, you are the best(thumbs up)
but, i check Lappeenranta University of Technology and they requested for tuition fee?
i guess all are free
What can you say about this?
Thanks bro.

This is a quote from my previous comment on these thread concerning tuiton fees

the upcoming application period is 2012/2013. Some schools are already charging tuition fee to some courses from 2010-2012 as suggested by the Finnish Ministry of education on a trial basis in making decision of implementing tuition fees for non EU/EEA citizens.

http://www.uwasa.fi/midcom-serveattachmentguid-513343f6b29b00a406ba601704431f96/CIMO_Tuition%20fees_structural%20change.pdf

Tuition fee might be implemented soon from 2014 at earliest, so its advisable to apply early

Apply to courses that are not charging tuition fees, because tuition fees might be implemented sooner than you think
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by slevin: 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
@dahonestboss and other nairalanders, Please I need Toefl softcopy materials, if it's not too much to ask..and also how do I go about this bank statement stuff, how exactly do they confirm the account? do they do it the way US embassy do theirs, how long must the 6000euros be the account?
dmitry87@yahoo.com
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
Slevin
@dahonestboss and other nairalanders, Please I need Toefl softcopy materials, if it's not too much to ask

Sorry I did IELTS not TOEFL. hopefully someone on this thread might help you out

and also how do I go about this bank statement stuff,

having 6000k is enough, thats how to go about it.

how exactly do they confirm the account?

They will confirm it from the bank

do they do it the way US embassy do theirs?

How do they do it? (the US embassy)

how long must the 6000euros be the account?

doesnt matter how long, the most important thing is a genuine source of fund, depositing a lump sum of money just to get the visa without a good evidence of source will result to being denied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by idsamoo(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
Weldone @dahonestboss,,pls which free university can yu suggest for MSC in finland,and is there going to be sure way of getting a job there as a student?thank you!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
idsamoo: Weldone @dahonestboss,,pls which free university can yu suggest for MSC in finland,and is there going to be sure way of getting a job there as a student?thank you!

I may not be able to suggest any, you should check the uni that offers your course, list them here, and I might be able to GUESS the probability of getting a job in the city
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kayce43: 4:38am On Oct 26, 2012
dahonestboss: Hello Mates

Just thought I might be of help to prospective Applicant who would like to apply for a MASTER degree programme in Finland. The application period will start in 1st of December 2012 to January 2013, And if you would like to apply and need genuine information, kindly post it here and I will get back to you.

Note that studying in Finland is entirely free, from the online application till when you are accepted and there are no tuition fee thereafter. Degrees from Finland are highly respected worldwide and they have some of the world best university that features in the top hundred universities every year e.g. university of helsinki, Aalto university, helsinki university of technology etc.

Many international organisation has rated Finnish educational system as the best in the world including WEF (world economic forum). Finland is also a Schengen country, which gives you an advantages to travel around Europe visa free.

I did everything myself when I was applying to come here recently, and it was successful, and I would like to share some info to genuine applicant who wish to apply in the upcoming application period.

you can visit www.universityadmissions.fi to get acquainted on how to apply and the school requirement on each courses, its very easy and straight forward.

For undergraduate student, I might not be able to help because Nigerian applicant would be invited to Finland instead of Ghana (of which you cant get a visa to come for exam, its written boldly on the Finnish embassy website in Abuja), but if you live in another schengen country, or has a passport with visa free to to the schengen states, then I might help, but familiarize yourself with the info on these page first

https://www.nairaland.com/577919/study-finland-september-tuition-free

Master degree are the easiest, without the need for any entrance exam, gmat, SAT etc.

Scandinavia is nice and peaceful, smiley smiley smiley

Lets do this together, we shall get there

Br, Honest.
Good day, I have to commend you on this thread, just reading tru it shows me how much u want to help others. God Bless u for that.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kayce43: 4:43am On Oct 26, 2012
@dahonestboss, how long b4 one can work over there? Canada is 6months, wld love to know...thanks, also must one use a relative as sponsor or please how did u go about urs?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 26, 2012
kayce43: @dahonestboss, how long b4 one can work over there? Canada is 6months, wld love to know...thanks, also must one use a relative as sponsor or please how did u go about urs?

you are entitled to work a maximum of 25hrs per week as a student immediately you arrive here as a student. there is no time bound of any kind

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ayurdavid: 8:56am On Oct 26, 2012
@ dahonestboss, i want to apply for masters in networking & services in uni of helsinki. My dad will sponsor me. Is this kind of sponsor acceptable? Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 26, 2012
ayurdavid: @ dahonestboss, i want to apply for masters in networking & services in uni of helsinki. My dad will sponsor me. Is this kind of sponsor acceptable? Thanks

of course, thats even the best and appear more realistic. but the 6000k euros MUST be in your account, and it would make more sense if the money was deposited or transferred from your dads account to your own account.

they might ask you for sponsors financial documents too, so let that be ready as well.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2012
Please mates,,, I need a short term visa to finland....how can I apply and how easy is it?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ayurdavid: 9:37am On Oct 26, 2012
I intend to apply for masters in networking & services at uni of helsinki. Pls wats ur take on dis uni. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kayce43: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2012
@DaHONESTBOSS Thanks a lot for the info
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kayce43: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
@dahonestboss, sent u a mail, Please reply.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ayurdavid: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
@dahonestboss, where are u? it seems u‘re too busy to answer people‘s questions. perhaps u shouldn‘t av opened this thread. (no insult intended pls).

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by primeson1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
@Op, you are making a whole lot of sense, i want to apply for msc finance, but am going for service dis november 2012 wit batch c and u av sed dat from 2014, dey may start charging fees. is it better i apply now and go if its successful or can i defer it when succesful to 2014 wen i will be tru with nysc. or just shun nysc straight up? thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
babsademola
Please mates,,, I need a short term visa to finland....how can I apply and how easy is it?

If you meet the requirement for a visiting visa, check this link. I don't have any idea about it

http://www.finlandnigeria.org/public/default.aspx?nodeid=31444&contentlan=2&culture=en-US

ayurdavid
I intend to apply for masters in networking & services at uni of helsinki. Pls wats ur take on dis uni. Thanks

Uni of Hel is very competitive due to its prestige and location in the capital city. depending on your packaging, you should be able to secure an admission there, but it all boils down to your bachelor degree. I hope say na 1st class you get sha, but there is nothing wrong in trying, Nigerians are studying there too. I know few of them.

kayce43
dahonestboss, sent u a mail, Please reply

Sorry I was very busy, I will reply you ASAP

ayurdavid
@dahonestboss, where are u? it seems u‘re too busy to answer people‘s questions. perhaps u shouldn‘t av opened this thread. (no insult intended pls).
You shouldnt expect me to stay on here always, I'm studying, working and also have other personal responsibilities to carry on, patience is a great tool, make it a way of life.

10 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2012
primeson1: @Op, you are making a whole lot of sense, i want to apply for msc finance, but am going for service dis november 2012 wit batch c and u av sed dat from 2014, dey may start charging fees. is it better i apply now and go if its successful or can i defer it when succesful to 2014 wen i will be tru with nysc. or just shun nysc straight up? thanks

It depends on you. since you have already graduated, then its advisable you should apply now. if you secure the admission, you can differ till when you will complete your NYSC or otherwise, the choice is yours. but whichever way you choose are all good. the most important thing is to secure a study place for yourself first, then other things follows.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ayurdavid: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
Thanks for the reply dahonestboss. I needed an answer urgently that‘s why. Dont be offended.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ayurdavid: 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
Pls dahonestboss, i also intend to choose Msc in information & communication tech (Cross Border Uni) or Msc in information tech at uni of east finland. Pls whats your view on this?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2012
ayurdavid: Pls dahonestboss, i also intend to choose Msc in information & communication tech (Cross Border Uni) or Msc in information tech at uni of east finland. Pls whats your view on this?

its a nice course. you will spend some month in russia and uni of helsinki as well.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by primeson1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2012
@op, thanks for ur advice. I have pencil down 2 uni. Am about to create a usaf account now, so as to apply whenever is open. Thanks once again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Hopeshylock: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hello broda...I did TOEFL some weeks back my result came out but didn't meet the required scored for masters study..I scored 82 instead of 90 above...please advice me should I rather try the IELTS or register for TOEFL again please?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by venorite(m): 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Pls bro...am a corper and am passing out feb 2013.am new at dis and i have no info whatsoever abt this.am interested pls.how do i go about it.where do i start from.i read Law but i want to do my master in economics or business management....pls any info will be appreciated.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dmitroika(m): 12:34am On Oct 31, 2012
Hello op, i'd like to have my masters at finland but i graduated with a 2.2 in geology (cgpa 3:38). Pls do you think i stand a chance of getting admission? Thanks. Anyone on the forum that knows about finnish universities can also comment pls
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
Hopeshylock
Hello broda...I did TOEFL some weeks back my result came out but didn't meet the required scored for masters study..I scored 82 instead of 90 above...please advice me should I rather try the IELTS or register for TOEFL again please?

I did IELTS, which in my own opinion is easier because its british english, its cheaper and you just have to send a photocopy of your language certificate, which makes it more easier and less expensive or time wasting if you have to contact ETS to send your result on your behalf to the school.

mitroikaD and venorite

Pls endeavour to read the thread, I already addressed your question earlier

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Hopeshylock: 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
Thanks a lot for the reply...pls can u give me inside about the IELTS,how to register and what it costs...if I can get the result before deadline

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ayurdavid: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
U can write ur ielts @ the british council in lagos. It cost N35,000. (35k). Search google for ‘british council ielts‘ for details.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by 9jaswagga(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2012
dahonestboss.......
U are Godsent and a blessing to creative and hardworking Nigerian Youths and i am sure you are repping us well over there.
I have been opportuned to travel to germany on official course and now i feel the time is right for me to pursue my Masters program in Finland owing to the free tuiton readily available, i actually thought the finnish Government ended the free tuiton this year so its wonderful knowing its still accessible. I would love to go for Masters in Information Technology in University of Tampere (UTA). So November ending i am rushing to my alma matter to get my transcript and my IELTS result should be out by then as i intend writing it next weekend.
Few Questions i need you to thrash out for me.
1. At what point must the 6000 euros reflect in my account (Before,during or after visa?)
2. The transcript must be sent by the school? or i can send copies and keep original?
3. Will i have to send my Original B.Sc certificate and other original documents?
4. Do my Documents need to be translated?
5. What are the Documents i have to get ready for the application process?
Please any more information you feel i will need to successfully make this happen,please do help by telling.
Best Regards,
Philemon
I have made progress by opening an account with universityadmissions.fi and i will try to do everything before the time frame is up thats why am starting now
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2012
9jaswagga

At what point must the 6000 euros reflect in my account (Before,during or after visa?)
Before you apply for your permit, if you just deposited a lump sum, attached evidence of source of funds,or else, you know what next.

The transcript must be sent by the school? or i can send copies and keep original?
must be send by the school. I doubt if your school will even give it to you, they usually send it directly to instituitions

Will i have to send my Original B.Sc certificate and other original documents?
NO

Do my Documents need to be translated?
If its not in English, Swedish or Finnish, then it should be translated.

What are the Documents i have to get ready for the application process?
Your transcripts and Language skill certificate are the minimum requirement
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shekone(m): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
bro tnks for this post. I wud lik to apply. Can I get or email I'd. Or anyways my email samueljoshua03@gmail.com.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.