Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:46 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (987629 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
evergreen9:
Hello house , this Finland stuff seems to be tougher than I thought. The Finnish embassy said they do not give visas for students who are interested in writing the entrance exams in Finland , however they said sometimes they normally hold the entrance exams in the Finnish embassy here in Nigeria (although with the approval of the educational institution), So I contacted some of the schools regarding the entrance examinations and I told them what the Finnish embassy here suggested , however they turned down this option and said the exams would only be written in Finland or in one of the Finnips locations , I checked the Finnips website and Kenya seems to be the reasonable Finnips location to write the entrance examinations. So I would like to know if anyone has written or plans to write an entrance exam in Kenya . Do the Kenyan embassy give tourist visas to Nigerians ? what are the requirements (fees etc) ? in regards to hotel bookings , what is the average cost of a Kenyan hotel and if you were to travel to Kenya to write an entrance examination like how many days hotel booking would you probably make.
I would like to plan ahead of time so that I can at least have an estimate of the entire cost of travelling, among other things. Thanks in advance
hmmm dats wat i was told 2 nawa o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 8:40am On Nov 27, 2014
adebasket97:
@billydragon yes o. It doesn't take time nah.......5minutes at most
same here boss, abeg apart frm degree certificate, which other document do we need 2 certify?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2014
WhyNa:

Isn't that the set you guys are applying for?
are u not applying again
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 8:55am On Nov 27, 2014
WhyNa:
Has anyone seen this? Doesn't look good guys
http://yle.fi/uutiset/finnish_universities_warily_approve_tuition_fees/7652116
oboy! Dis tin no funny atall oo....abeg bosses in finland, ur view is needed on this ish o abeg.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2014
olabode89:

The information i gathered from my research and discussions with friends in Finland, it is extremely difficult to get a white collar job after school in Finland without knowledge of the finnish language. Although guys in IT do have a higher probability of getting jobs.

Jobs are difficult to come by even if one understands the language but d top notch and quality education in Finland is a big incentive.

For part time jobs.....omo na janitor things o, postman and newspapers delivery are quite common.

With all i have mentioned, i am still gonna apply for a MSc. program but one has to know what's up before taking the step.
yes, a guy even told me that after msc programme one can cross to other eu countries like germany or norway bt am not sure how easy it will b sha....bt na 2 carry head enter first na d major tin...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 9:12am On Nov 27, 2014
evergreen9:
Hello house , this Finland stuff seems to be tougher than I thought. The Finnish embassy said they do not give visas for students who are interested in writing the entrance exams in Finland , however they said sometimes they normally hold the entrance exams in the Finnish embassy here in Nigeria (although with the approval of the educational institution), So I contacted some of the schools regarding the entrance examinations and I told them what the Finnish embassy here suggested , however they turned down this option and said the exams would only be written in Finland or in one of the Finnips locations , I checked the Finnips website and Kenya seems to be the reasonable Finnips location to write the entrance examinations. So I would like to know if anyone has written or plans to write an entrance exam in Kenya . Do the Kenyan embassy give tourist visas to Nigerians ? what are the requirements (fees etc) ? in regards to hotel bookings , what is the average cost of a Kenyan hotel and if you were to travel to Kenya to write an entrance examination like how many days hotel booking would you probably make.
I would like to plan ahead of time so that I can at least have an estimate of the entire cost of travelling, among other things. Thanks in advance

I knw of a guy dat wrote d entrance exam in d finnish embassy here in Nigeria.And I knw wat he passed thru,b4 d school sent dere exam package to Nigeria(University of Helsinki).so relax,apply and communicate extensively with the school,since embassy have give u a glimmsy of hope.Thats my suggestion.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2014
adebasket97:

No, I mean next year....not this application session
correct boss! Check dis out.........http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuitionfees
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:40am On Nov 27, 2014
billydragon:

Yes baba, and yes we are to certify our bachelor cert only
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2014
billydragon:
that means it will not affect this app cos this one is autumn 2015, so it is from 2016 upward, but why nah?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 10:58am On Nov 27, 2014
billydragon:
are u not applying again

Billydragon no I'm not. Sorry I didn't inform the house. I told Adebasket, tot he wud one way or the oda pass the news

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2014
WhyNa:

Billydragon no I'm not. Sorry I didn't inform the house. I told Adebasket, tot he wud one way or the oda pass the news
were are you now entering?,
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dailydolar(m): 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Mickyboiz:
hmmm dats wat i was told 2 nawa o
kenya is visa on arrival for nigeria so u don't have anything. To fear. Jus get ur passport n head to kenya dats all. Hope ve helped u
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
dailydolar:
kenya is visa on arrival for nigeria so u don't have anything. To fear. Jus get ur passport n head to kenya dats all. Hope ve helped u
no think am oo, that is not how it is oo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by evergreen9: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
bumitek02:

Bro please tell us how it is abeg so that we can make preparations
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
dailydolar:
yes tanx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mickyboiz: 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
bumitek02:
abeg explain
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2014
evergreen9:

Bro please tell us how it is abeg so that we can make preparations
kenya is visa on arival for nigeria but you can't just board plain to kenya with just your passport, there are some procedure to follow, you have go to their embassy at abuja or email them, they will now tell you their visa requirement, which they will now forward to nairobi for process, their visa is so cheap, I remember their single entry is 20 to 50 dollar, don't give any body to do it for you, just contact their embassy they will reply and assist you, Its simple.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by evergreen9: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
bumitek02:
kenya is visa on arival for nigeria but you can't just board plain to kenya with just your passport, there are some procedure to follow, you have go to their embassy at abuja or email them, they will now tell you their visa requirement, which they will now forward to nairobi for process, their visa is so cheap, I remember their single entry is 20 to 50 dollar, don't give any body to do it for you, just contact their embassy they will reply and assist you, Its simple.

Thanks smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chai,people have information here ooooo.Thats good sha.

Pls I need clarification on how my certificate will be certified. Do I need to take it to a law firm or to a High court? Becos I learnt High court too use d red seal.so which one is better?@Adebasket @evergreen @whyna @serikzman.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
ooluseyipa:
Chai,people have information here ooooo.Thats good sha.

Pls I need clarification on how my certificate will be certified. Do I need to take it to a law firm or to a High court? Becos I learnt High court too use d red seal.so which one is better?@Adebasket @evergreen @whyna @serikzman.

Just go to a law firm, they will help you with the notarization..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dailydolar(m): 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
bumitek02:
how do u mean ? R u saying u need visa to enter kenya or dat 9ja passport is not visa on arrival let me know what u mean. Well whaterver u mean I am giving a valid information u can. Take to d bank kenya is visa on arrival for. Naija P
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dailydolar(m): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
bumitek02:
guy we r saying d same tin in different way. Let me ask u do u need visa to go to ghana? Do u need to write dere Embassy b4 u go? Its normal if u write dere embassy. N even if u don't. Take ur passport bord kenya airline wen u get to d aiport in kenya dats wen dey issue u visa u must buy return ticket n have money for hotel which dey won't check any way but carry small cash extra
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dailydolar(m): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
adebasket97:

some law firm go cut d guy head with charges ooo make him take am go high court ooo mke e for cheap wella
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Neytron4U: 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
I have a cgpa of 3.18...i want to knw my chances of securing a admission for master level.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
dailydolar:
guy we r saying d same tin in different way. Let me ask u do u need visa to go to ghana? Do u need to write dere Embassy b4 u go? Its normal if u write dere embassy. N even if u don't. Take ur passport bord kenya airline wen u get to d aiport in kenya dats wen dey issue u visa u must buy return ticket n have money for hotel which dey won't check any way but carry small cash extra
I know bross but we don't need visa for ecowas country including ghana, visa free is different from visa on arival, mozambique is another visa on arrival for nigeria but you have to send your passport to mozambique for prosess after visa will dhl to you before u can now travel, but since kenya embassy is here you have to contact them to avoid interruption, normally visa on arrival should be as you mention but I don't think it will be easy like that this days, remember kenya is one of the country that dosent take things essey with nigerians, so to avoid embarrassment just seek for direction from embassy, that is my opinion, we are talking the same thing though,
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
adebasket97:

Yes baba, and yes we are to certify our bachelor cert only
noted boss.....tanx.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
adebasket97:

I certified mine from state high court and its quiet cheap........he can do it ther 2.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
WhyNa:

oh ok, may I knw y? Abi u don change ur mind abt finland?lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 5:45am On Nov 28, 2014
adebasket97:

@adebasket,which law firm do u notarize ur own?becos d law firm in lagos here re saying 5k per copy and high court Is saying 800 naire.federal high court.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:20am On Nov 28, 2014
Neytron4U:
I have a cgpa of 3.18...i want to knw my chances of securing a admission for master level.

Try your luck bro...nothing is impossible
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2014
ooluseyipa:

@adebasket,which law firm do u notarize ur own?becos d law firm in lagos here re saying 5k per copy and high court Is saying 800 naire.federal high court.

A friend helped me with mine, I didn't pay..but its 3k per copy here. Its better to do it at a high court.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2014
adebasket97:

A friend helped me with mine, I didn't pay..but its 3k per copy here. Its better to do it at a high court.

Okay.lemme go 4 d high court den.tanx bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (371) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.