Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,857 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship (2661 Views)

She Is A Born Again. How Do We Make Our Relationship Romantic? / What/how Does A Lady Contribute Positively To A Relationship? / Do Girls Really Impact Positively To One's Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by dgreatest1: 10:08am On Oct 04, 2012
I HAVE A BIT OF AN ISSUE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND...APART FROM THE USUAL CLICHE LIKE,'HOW ARE U?',OR 'HOW WAS YOUR DAY?',WE HAVEN'T REALLY TALKED MUCH,LIKE HER PRESENTING AN ISSUE OR MAKING UP DISCUSSIONS...YES I DO KNOW THAT THE GUY,SOMETIMES HAS TO START UP CONVERSATION,BUT SHE CAN ALSO DO LIKEWISE...
IT HAS GONE FOR SO LONG THAT,TALKING TO HER ON PHONE CAN BE QUITE BORING OR FRUSTRATING BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO OFFER ANY MEANINGFUL DISCUSSION TO SPICE UP THE RELATIONSHIP....I LOVE HER AND SHE ALSO LOVES ME BUT THIS ASPECT IS REALLY NOT CHEERING AT ALL...AND ANOTHER ISSUE OF HERS IS THAT SHE TAKES LITTLE THINGS FOR GRANTED....
PLEASE MY DEAR COLLEAGUES ON NAIRALAND...WHAT CAN BE THE POSSIBLE PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS TO THESE PROBLEMS...PLEASE YOUR WISE SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..THANK YOU.
Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by Riskyman(m): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2012
Try reducing the number of times you call her and try spending time with her (Real life, not on phone). maybe that will help.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by Mynd44: 10:53am On Oct 04, 2012
^^
Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by Exponental(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2012
Learn to start d conversation, with time, she will blend.
Try understand her nature.
Share wat happened btw d last tym u saw her n ask her about hers. Also raise topic in her interests or field.
Be her friend.......be supportive.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by Excelboi(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2012
That's one reason I hate quiet girls in a relationship!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by Pacify: 11:19am On Oct 04, 2012
And please stop shouting at us! (Writing in caps), probably you shout at her too! angry
Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by dgreatest1: 11:37am On Oct 04, 2012
Pacify: And please stop shouting at us! (Writing in caps), probably you shout at her too! angry
cant seem to understand wat you mean..cud u explain..??
Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by Rocktation(f): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2012
Pacify, I'm sure if he adds exclamation marks too, you'll consider him giving a thunderous roar. cheesy Abegi, free the man jor.
OP: There's not much you can do if it's her personality type. If it bothers you so much, rethink your compatibility.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2012
dgreatest1: ...AND ANOTHER ISSUE OF HERS IS THAT SHE TAKES LITTLE THINGS FOR GRANTED....

what *things does she take for granted?
Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by 190: 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
If shes Nigerian then you have to manage her

All nigerian gurls are generally like that, Very SLOW and NEVER Contribute positively.

Them full nairaland remain outside sef embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by preciousoz: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
I have discovered that no matter how quiet a girl is, she's always excited with d One she Loves.

Step up ur game bro

1 Like

Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by baroncy: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
@OP,

Talking from Experience, I have the same challenge with my wife at the moment. We have been married for 2 yrs. During our courtship(3yr), I did most of the talking, tried all moves to bring her out and make her contribute in activities with regards to our relationship. She improved for a while but will always relapse to her quiet self. I most time get fustrated as its not fun being the one doing the talking and being the romantic one in the relationship. Its not been easy but I chose to continue with the relationship since I love her and she is hard working and caring. Now we have two kids and my bro, its worsening by the day. So I do my best to spice up the relationship by doing new things with her buh omo it can be tiring, I have to most time go out to hang out with people I could share ideas with and get constructive criticism. it sometimes feel as if one is married to a cleaner/maid. If you have alternatives, pls walk away now as it won't get any better.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by Smuthx(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2012
baroncy: @OP,

Talking from Experience, I have the same challenge with my wife at the moment. We have been married for 2 yrs. During our courtship(3yr), I did most of the talking, tried all moves to bring her out and make her contribute in activities with regards to our relationship. She improved for a while but will always relapse to her quiet self. I most time get fustrated as its not fun being the one doing the talking and being the romantic one in the relationship. Its not been easy but I chose to continue with the relationship since I love her and she is hard working and caring. Now we have two kids and my bro, its worsening by the day. So I do my best to spice up the relationship by doing new things with her buh omo it can be tiring, I have to most time go out to hang out with people I could share ideas with and get constructive criticism. it sometimes feel as if one is married to a cleaner/maid. If you have alternatives, pls walk away now as it won't get any better.
A very good advice from his experience. She is unlikely to change. She has a quiet character and nature. If you can endure and take her as she is. Go ahead but if not then ........

1 Like

Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
dgreatest1:
cant seem to understand wat you mean..cud u explain..??

Poster, in internet language, typing in caps lock(capital letters) denotes:
1. You're shouting.
2. Rudeness

He is assuming you also shout at her since you typed your post in caps.
Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by brilapluz(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Poster, in internet language, typing in caps lock(capital letters) denotes:
1. You're shouting.
2. Rudeness

He is assuming you also shout at her since you typed your post in caps.

OHHH..LOL... grin THATS NOT ACTUALLY WHAT I MEANT..
I WAS ONLY TRYING TO SAY THAT THESE WHERE THE USUAL WORDS OR SALUTATIONS WE USED WHEN WE CALL EACH OTHER...I GUESS I MAY HAVE BEEN MISQUOTED OR MISUNDERSTOOD..AND I HARDLY BARK OR SHOUT AT HER COS SHE IS SO LOVELY.....THANKS ALL THE SAME.. wink
Re: How Do I Encourage My Girlfriend To Contribute Positively To Our Relationship by MyneWhite1(f): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
Poster, check the capital letters tab on your laptop or mobile phone so we can understand you better.

I think you are the one carrying the conversation for now because of the topics you raise.

Ask her how her day was, what she likes, what was the latest gist, news, about her hair, her clothes, and so many topics.

All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Romantic Love Messages / Ladies : Can You Agree To A Secret Wedding? / Romantic SMS Messages To Send To Your Loved One On Valentine ’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.