Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (62023 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Richy4(m): 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
People preaching against trouser has never encountered winter for one day, if trouser is a sin then every white must surly go to hell. even the white female pastors.it is time people stop all this doctrine and face reality.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by idugbe(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dresses and clothes are related to cultures even in Biblical times. The Bible admonishes us to be moderate in all we do. When I was serving in IMO State so many years ago, we decided that anytime we were going on evangelism, our sisters will not wear their 'Ajuwaya' trousers but skirts b'cos we understood that the people were very religious and will not listen to a trouser wearing lady preacher. We knew that it was not wrong to wear them but so that we could preach to them, we had to 'appear' like them.
The guiding principle should be this: Whatever you'll wear and it will make it impossible to represent Christ, dont wear!
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
kensol: wearing trousers is never a sin, even in d deu 22:5, u religious folks are talking , their is nothing like trouser in dat scripture. dis so called religious folks are d ones puting trousers in dat portion of d Bible which is very wrong. secondly, man is a spirit being and not fleshly, so in d sight of God we are spirit for God is a spirit. what we wear does not matter, what matters d most is our love toward God.

Trouser does not have to be there before we know that it 'pertains to a man' and God says it is an abomination to him and it remains an abomination, this deut 22:5 is not just a law becos i know some will say its not meant 4 christians, God said it is an abomination to him and what is an abomination to God at that time is still an abomination today, God does not change.

What we wear does not matter? What an ignorant fellow, so God will love a female wearing sex provokin clothes? Nice one!

Its a pity all in the name of love, holy spirit, ur heart' we have allowed sin, not just sin, abominations to creep into our lives. Very soon people will start supporting homosexuality and masturbation all in the name of we are to obey new testament only, 'its about ur heart' but when it is time to justify dancing in church, they will quote old testament saying david danced. Hmm..they will not tell you the tradition of david was different Oº°˚˚°ºh but when it comes to deut 22:5, they will tell you their tradition was different from ours..lols, its so funny how people bend scriptures to suit themselves.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Mintayo(m): 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wearing a trouser does not make you a sinner neither does it mean that you will go to hell!
As a matter of fact,u can wear a skirt and sin with that skirt,it is all abt ur motives and ur reason behind wearing dt matters!
The following will make you a sinner when u wear a trouser:
-if ur wearing it does nt edifies ur neighbours i.e if it leads ur neighbour esp a guy to sin!
-if it does nt giv glory 2 God
-again,if ur motives are wrong
-and if u turn it into an idol,somtin u worship,4 instance,saying dt u cnt do without a trouser,making it a god!
Pls note dt it s nt only applicable 2 trousers bt also 2 almost everythin e.g skirts,cars,phones,etc;all dis things can make u a sinner if dey r nt used with d right motives or dey do nt give Glory 2 God and not edifies ur neighbour bt instead leads ur felow human 2 sin!
Pls read 1st corrinthians and Romans 12,13,14

God bless
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
jeak123: i think that we Christians should be careful how we interpret the bible. how do u define a man
's clothing and a woman's? now, is wrapper a woman's clothing or a man's? if its a woman's, y does men tie wrapper? and can you wear a woman's trouser as a man? we should move to weightier things instead of dwelling on very petty things. the catch word should be 'decency' in wearing it. and d motive. God is not a man and only looks at the heart.

Originally trouser was meant for men. I can tell u that if the world would be honest to themselves you will see that what gave birth to the so called ladies trouser was lust. The fact that it gave them a sexy appeance. And of course devil in his deceitful manner will always go through any means to make sin to enter the church thus the so called ladies trouser idea. The craze at which majority of ladies go after trouser simply shows there's question behind it. If you check in the world today you can see that sinful life style always attract majority than righteousness. If ladies should be honest to themselves they will tell you that the first day they wore trouser their conscience worried them. I ve heard this from the ones interacted with. If the whole world says that it is not sin and God sees it as sin then it remains sin so lets be careful how we approve things o. God is no respecter of persons.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
@alexleo you ar ryt, at first their conscience would have judged them for wearin the trousers but later since they love it and the world has started wearing it, they then see notin rong in it.

The same tin will happen if men start wearin skirts, at first pple will call him gay, sinner, effeminate, idiot..etc but later when oyinbo stat to produce so called 'skirts for men', men will also see notin rong in wearin skirts, satan is very wise, he uses new inventories, technologies, new age ideas against the church of God and its a pity christians are spiritually blind to understand.

I remember vividly when women just started wearin trousers, from the way my sister wore it i could sense she knew it wasnt ryt but today everyone wears it thereby bringin justification for it and spiritually blind pple see it as a normal tin 4 christians.
Its a matter of time, people will still start justifying men wearing skirts in naija, using lipsticks, wearin ear rings and in fact bra 'in the name of fashion' and 'its all about ur heart'

Mehn christians should wise up.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by elikiba(m): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
alexleo:

Originally trouser was meant for men. I can tell u that if the world would be honest to themselves you will see that what gave birth to the so called ladies trouser was lust. The fact that it gave them a sexy appeance. And of course devil in his deceitful manner will always go through any means to make sin to enter the church thus the so called ladies trouser idea. The craze at which majority of ladies go after trouser simply shows there's question behind it. If you check in the world today you can see that sinful life style always attract majority than righteousness. If ladies should be honest to themselves they will tell you that the first day they wore trouser their conscience worried them. I ve heard this from the ones interacted with. If the whole world says that it is not sin and God sees it as sin then it remains sin so lets be careful how we approve things o. God is no respecter of persons.

So originally trousers were meant for men. very funny. If you live in a place where they experience snow tell me you wont put it on because your pastor says it is wrong. They designed clothes for women and men and men has their own trouser and woman has their own. So stop the ranting about God is a respecter of no man here and what is sin and what is not.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
elikiba:

So originally trousers were meant for men. very funny. If you live in a place where they experience snow tell me you wont put it on because your pastor says it is wrong. They designed clothes for women and men and men has their own trouser and woman has their own. So stop the ranting about God is a respecter of no man here and what is sin and what is not.

Are you aware that oyinbo is about to design ear-rings for men too
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
I still dont understand why people are arguing against the fact thet trousers were actually designed for men, its a fact not an assumption, it is true not falsehood, we can all do research, that should be the basis of our conclusion..peace.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by elikiba(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
haibe:

Have you watch the video of David that even most churches play in their church years back he was putting on ear ring and gold all over.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by elikiba(m): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
haibe: I still dont understand why people are arguing against the fact thet trousers were actually designed for men, its a fact not an assumption, it is true not falsehood, we can all do research, that should be the basis of our conclusion..peace.

So our wrapper was designed for __________ i need answers please because wrapper velvet to be precise is the edos traditional dress both for men and women.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
elikiba:

Have you watch the video of David that even most churches play in their church years back he was putting on ear ring and gold all over.

Hahaha you are such a joker, you place your basis on a video ur church used to play, did they see david wearing ear-ring with their eye?? I know it will actually come to dis level, pple will at last start justifying men using ear rings.

And its pple like u that will 1st call them bad boys when u see them. The world is really comin to an end.

And pls dont accuse david wrongly if u ar nt sure he used ear rings, that person u saw in d video is not d'real david.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by elikiba(m): 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
haibe:

Hahaha you are such a joker, you place your basis on a video ur church used to play, did they see david wearing ear-ring with their eye?? I know it will actually come to dis level, pple will at last start justifying men using ear rings.

And its pple like u that will 1st call them bad boys when u see them. The world is really comin to an end.

And pls dont accuse david wrongly if u ar nt sure he used ear rings, that person u saw in d video is not d'real david.

The bible made us to understand that he wore jewelry right, we were never there we read about it. My dear my life is simple i dont call any human sinner because i am not God. I came into this world met religion and i will die without 1. The religion we all practice today was given to us by our parents who believe that is the right and true religion personally i believe in humanity. Let all me live by what they believe in dont force your religious believe down any mans throat. God is God and he has been good to every religion. No religion can claim monopoly to God...... I greet you bros later.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
elikiba:

So our wrapper was designed for __________ i need answers please because wrapper velvet to be precise is the edos traditional dress both for men and women.

How is that relevant to d'discussion at hand, if the wrapper was actually a cloth strictly for men then women should not have worn it.. Simple
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
elikiba:

The bible made us to understand that he wore jewelry right, we were never there we read about it. My dear my life is simple i dont call any human sinner because i am not God. I came into this world met religion and i will die without 1. The religion we all practice today was given to us by our parents who believe that is the right and true religion personally i believe in humanity. Let all me live by what they believe in dont force your religious believe down any mans throat. God is God and he has been good to every religion. No religion can claim monopoly to God...... I greet you bros later.

Ok i understand you, you are a christian becos ur parents are (christian by birth), let all live by what they believe in?? Un! Have you 4gotten mark 16:15 so soon, you dont seem to be a commited christian. But sorry you really have to understand that christianity is not just a religion, if other religions could save, do u tink christ would have bordered to die 4 our sins
And u can always know a sinner by his fruits.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by elikiba(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2012
haibe:

Ok i understand you, you are a christian becos ur parents are (christian by birth), let all live by what they believe in?? Un! Have you 4gotten mark 16:15 so soon, you dont seem to be a commited christian. But sorry you really have to understand that christianity is not just a religion, if other religions could save, do u tink christ would have bordered to die 4 our sins

Now the forcing begins...........Every religion has its belief so do Christianity my brother. Are you trying to tell me the Muslims will go to hell. Waoh thats judgmental and the bible says thou shall not judge.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
haibe:

so?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
elikiba:

EVEN AN ARMED ROBBER HAS A REASON FOR HIS EVIL ACT. MY BROTHER LETS JUST GET THE MESSAGE, THIS IS SIMPLY THE END TIME STRATEGY OF SATAN. HE IS MAKING EVERYTHING LOOK NORMAL SO AS TO LURE CHRISTIANS INTO SIN, KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT ALL THAT IS NEEDED FOR A CHRISTIAN TO MISS HEAVEN IS JUST A SPOT OF SIN. SATAN UNDERSTANDS THIS VERY WELL BUT ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT MOST CHRISTIANS ARE NOT WISE TO READ THE SIGNS.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
elikiba:

Now the forcing begins...........Every religion has its belief so do Christianity my brother. Are you trying to tell me the Muslims will go to hell. Waoh thats judgmental and the bible says thou shall not judge.

Why did Jesus come to this world to die for our sins??
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ify Angela:
so?

Nothing ma'am, was just saying my own
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Usokristi: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
Sis,can u make the holy spirit ur greatest friend and companion? Christ said that when the holy spirit comes he will convict the world of sin if turn to holy spirit then no body will ever condem u if ur spirit doesn't
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Naijastomosis(m): 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
I do not have any problem with a woman wearing a nice pair of trousers as long as it is worn decently, not pants-on-the-gorund style.

It appears that culture and civilization affect how people react to this issue; Westtern people take it for granted, yet they are christians too.

The men in biblical times wore skirts, and threw wrappers across their shoulders. The Ibos and Niger Delta people tie wrappers with a knot around the waist over white long-sleeve shirt, a hat, black shoes, and walking stick to match.

From earlier times, mention was not made of what constitutes female or male clothes. Trousers give women a sense of security and safety. In some jobs, e.g., military, trousers is the norm. Is that sinful?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by jnrremedy(m): 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
Most people fail to realise that the laws they are refering to were given to the isrealites(and they(d jews) stil follow it till date). Jesus has fred us frm such laws. Christ death sets us free from sin, sin brougth about by the law(read romans) But this does not mean we are free to do whatever we like. 'Hw can we who died to sin still live in it'(rom 6:2)
wearing trousers shouldnt be a matter that should be decided by the law but your conscience(rom 14:5-9). If you are so convince in your heart that God will not condem you putting on trousers then go on but, if otherwise its better u keep off. But remember, be modest in whatever wat u wear be it trouser, skirt, wrapper etc i think this should be whot we shuld be concerned about not type of cloth
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
Naijastomosis: I do not have any problem with a woman wearing a nice pair of trousers as long as it is worn decently, not pants-on-the-gorund style.

It appears that culture and civilization affect how people react to this issue; Westtern people take it for granted, yet they are christians too.

The men in biblical times wore skirts, and threw wrappers across their shoulders. The Ibos and Niger Delta people tie wrappers with a knot around the waist over white long-sleeve shirt, a hat, black shoes, and walking stick to match.

From earlier times, mention was not made of what constitutes female or male clothes. Trousers give women a sense of security and safety. In some jobs, e.g., military, trousers is the norm. Is that sinful?

sometimes you people think God changes with modernism. Ok. For example, the western countries says that abortion is now legal, does that make it right before God? My dear leave western countries and keep looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by lovetrust(m): 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
@deebrain, God looks at your dressing and the intention of your dressing. How do you justify a woman dressed in baby clothes: mini skirts, 1/4 yard top with back, front, armpit etc nudely exposed? Her intention is not to seduce anybody. Sin is SIN...no matter how it is approached or presented. Heaven at last is what i wish all here
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by SalemLord(m): 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
k2039: I don't know if it is right or wrong;there are lot of controversy surrounding it.I will advise to be on the safer side,dont wear trousers(my reason if you get to heaven if God says it's not a requirement you don't have anything to loose,but if it is the other way round you have all to loose

i love this bro. But the truth lies in Deut. 22:5, so my advice is that it is wrong, if not satisfied ask God to speak to u concerning this.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by ZeusI: 12:02am On Oct 08, 2012
If the bible you reads told you that 'men should not wear women's accessories neither should women wear men's'(Deut 22 v5) then you need not seek counsel from anyone. Abomination has lasted for years and is now the custom.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by ZeusI: 12:10am On Oct 08, 2012
jmoore: Trouser was never mentioned in the bible. God did not make trouser for Adam and skirt for Eve. It's obvious that God made skirts for both Adam and Eve from fig leaves.

God doesn't judge by what we wear but by our hearts. But we should dress decently in whatever we choose to wear
So the origin of trousers was to the wearing of women, right? Deceivers! Remember what the revelation said: anyone who adds or removes from the word of this message will either have God add his wrath to such a person's life or remove the person's name from the book of life. Keep on blaspheming(if your thumbs[used in scribbling this gibberish] will lead you to hell, better sever it and attain life thumbless).
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by ZeusI: 12:24am On Oct 08, 2012
Tgirl4real: Is the trousers (pant) you are wearing a man's clothing?

Can ur hubby or brother wear same and be comfy?

Answer the question and see if u are right or wrong.
If your statement is anything to go by, then, i might justify the fact of trans-sexual conduct of some men, because the breast that is implanted on a male gender is not a woman's breast(and therefore cannot be said to be a sin), am i right? Keep deluding yourselves thinking you are deceiving God. Well the scripture vividly stated that many are called few are chosen. At least, maybe, 70 - 75% of every human that existed and those yet to exist will be joining Lucifer in damnation; whose period of deception has commenced and is swift and progressive so far. Good luck.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by ZeusI: 12:26am On Oct 08, 2012
Tgirl4real: Is the trousers (pant) you are wearing a man's clothing?

Can ur hubby or brother wear same and be comfy?

Answer the question and see if u are right or wrong.
If your statement is anything to go by, then, i might justify the fact of trans-se*xu*al conduct of some men, because the breast that is implanted on a male gender is not a woman's breast(and therefore cannot be said to be a sin), am i right? Keep deluding yourselves thinking you are deceiving God. Well the scripture vividly stated that many are called few are chosen. At least, maybe, 70 - 75% of every human that existed and those yet to exist will be joining Lucifer in damnation; whose period of deception has commenced and is swift and progressive so far. Good luck.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by mddude(m): 2:03am On Oct 08, 2012
There are MEN trousers and women trousers or pants. There are women clothes and women clothes. How come women can wear T-Shirt and men can wear T-shirt?
Are you talking culturally or are you talking biblical?

So if I decide to wear scottish Kilt does that makes me a sinner?
If you look at the way they dress in the Arabia, the men wear gown, so they must be wearing women clothings.
What is the difference fundamentally from the "gown" that man and the women wore? definitely the cut, not the general appearance.

I have lived in North America for over a decade now and I have seen the good and the bad women pants. Yes. too tightly fitted pants dont do anybody any good but there is nothing biblically wrong with wearing pants. Yes, our culture frown at it and we should be sensitive to it, but dont make it look like it si bivlocal. Jeez people! the same argument when I was in the college in the 90s is still rearing its head here.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 7:18am On Oct 08, 2012
lovetrust: @deebrain, God looks at your dressing and the intention of your dressing. How do you justify a woman dressed in baby clothes: mini skirts, 1/4 yard top with back, front, armpit etc nudely exposed? Her intention is not to seduce anybody. Sin is SIN...no matter how it is approached or presented. Heaven at last is what i wish all here

My dear, thats part of the deceits satan does to them through their pastors. Telling them that God does not look at what u are wearing. If God does care about what we wear, why did he make coats of skin for Adam and Eve to cloth them in genesis 3:21 even when they had already used fig leaves to sew an apron for themsleves in genesis 3:7 ? If God does not care about what we wear why give the instruction about dressing in deut 22:5 ? People are just deceiving themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Tega Akpofure's Husband, Rema Speaks On Her Death & COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.