Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (62019 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by lovetrust(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
it is better for you to live right and at the end discover there is no God than for you to live anyhow/unrighteously and at the end discover there is God. The bible said every unrighteousness is SIN. trouser is not met for women from the begining but due to rebellious and arrogance that have entered some proud women they have chosen to wear them. Whatever we accept on earth, is accepted in heaven. We all know that trouser wearing is reserved for men. Even painting, ornaments, mascara, earrings, necklace etc are equally condenmed by God. Check gen dj:.-g, Jeremiah F:d , deut TT:j... In deut b:j, the bible condemned women putting on what belongs to men and added again...that all thatt doeth so...are ABOMINATION before GOD...are u an abomination Lets forget this ''it doesn't matter syndrome'l...it has destroyed alot of christian faithfuls. May God give us the grace to live right and at the end be in HEAVEN

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by blueheart(m): 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
So, if ur job is construction related, and u need to climb scaffolding or u an architect nd u go visiting d site, u will wear skirt cuz u a xtian lady?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by wandeay: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
yes, its sinful because it stumble others
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
ǡt̶̲̥̅'s d fuss abt.
There are trousers that are meant for women and I haven't seen men wearind them, there are trousers dat are meant for men and I haven't seen women wearin them.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by lovetrust(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
my ref @ lovetrust, genesis 35:1-4, jeremiah 4:30, deut 22:5
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by freecocoa(f): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
I have never seen the word "trouser" in my Bible, true that a man should not put on a man's apparel and vice versa.

In my understanding, there are trousers for men and those for women just like shirts, polos and what have you, why the emphasis on trouser is what I don't get, if we want to decide what God means for him, then it should be everything wearable, from cap to watch, to slippers to wrappers etc and not just trousers.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nutase: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
F**k dat preacher. Let him reserve dat for his wife and daughters. As for me men cannot wear female trousers so I'm not wearing a males clothes. They are tailored differently. In the days of Jesus men wore long garments which we would call female clothing in today's hypocritical Christian Era. Their was nothing like trousers then the only difference is that men and women's dresses were tailored differently, the Arabs still use jalabia till today y not call it women's clothing . I rest my case.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
May God give us the grace to live right and at the end be in HEAVEN

Amen In The Mighty NAME OF JESUS!!!
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Obey the Bible.. Just obey the rules..
If your bible tells you, it is wrong, please don't wear at all..(not just in church)

If your bible tells you it is right, then wear trousers..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by NeuroBoss(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
MY HUMBLE AND SINCERE ADVICE

God is still interested in the affairs of men so if a region or a culture unilaterally agree to a thing as their moral custom, God supports it. That's why the breaking of any
earthly law no matter how unreasonable and trivial is a sin in God's sighT

NOW TO THE QUESTION
Based on this analysis(if you believe it), it is not right for a Christian woman to wear anything that is culturally reserved to be worn by men and vice-versa
TO THE DISSENTERS:
Those of you who will argue that their is no place place where trouser was mentioned in the bible;yes, thatis true but I tell you even in cultures where both men and women wear gowns, there is still distinction in designs to mark out which belong to a gender.
MY ADVICE
The bible is clear about this and and God called those who do this as an abomination unto him. I pray the grace to do away with everything that will make us miss heaven be given us in Jesus' name
FINALLY
In Pauls admonition to the Collossians he quipped, ''finally brethren, whatsoever things that are RIGHT; whatsoever things that are JUST; whatsoever things that are LOVELY; whatsoever things that are of GOOD REPORT and if there be any...;if therEbe any VIRTUE; THINK ON THESE THINGS''

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by DoctorMcgruff: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
this is actually a debate?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Tos87(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ї think ȧȴȴ this is ȧȴȴ about dressing descently
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by gemini35(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
the bible said if ur rit hand will make u go to hell u cut it off,i think in my own view instead of u as a woman ,to waer trouser,and make men commit sin u stop it ,most women wear skimpy trousies dancing in the church,don,t mind me sounding blunt my dick hv woke up in the church and it makes most men loss concentration,in the church,i,buy the idear of indian style of trouser,nomather how big the bum bum is it will not show,so my sister it migth not be sin to u or in the eyes of God but the men u seduce with ur um bum God will jugde u for that,
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Toktee(m): 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
Mary 4 life: Putting on trouser is not a sin.its just that women should dress in a decent manner.people criticise trousers because of deu 22 vs 5.the same deu also said an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.now this religious hypocrites,forgot that part and only focused on the trouser wearing by women.God have mercy on us all!
Are you a pagan or a xtian,or just a church goer,because you sound like an unbeliever,well the bible said,anything you are doing now you should do it to your satisfaction,but you shuld remember the endtime you will give account of it all,so if you want establish a trousers factory in your fathers house,that is your busines ok
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Blueboy0402: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
I dont understand why some christians would prefer to swallow everyting from the altar. The bible only said women shouldnt put on apparel (clothes) that belong to men. But some "pastors" now translate this up-side-down. This pseudo teaching almost cost me my relationship when my fiancee was made vice president (mama) of her campus fellowship. Wearing of trouser by women is NOT a sin rather the emphasis should be decent dressing. You may listen to all your "pastor" has to say but filter all you hear and take only the good that comes through and discard those false teaching.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Toktee(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
freecocoa: I have never seen the word "trouser" in my Bible, true that a man should not put on a man's apparel and vice versa.

In my understanding, there are trousers for men and those for women just like shirts, polos and what have you, why the emphasis on trouser is what I don't get, if we want to decide what God means for him, then it should be everything wearable, from cap to watch, to slippers to wrappers etc and not just trousers.
You can even walk street naked nobody will question you is a free world,stop defending your abominable act,cos it sound silly
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by deebrain(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
People should just stop quoting scripture to keep themselves in bondage. That scripture in the book of deut that talked about the things that pertains/belongs to women or the things that belongs to men. Please use historical references. It was talking about things that pertains to woman kind or mankind (who are going through their natural causes eg-sanitary pads for women and things that stimulate the males-(very arguably) vigra). As at the time this law was made, women wore under tights (similar to leggings). MEN WORE SKIRTS. Only the high priest wore an under garment like the women did. Its sick that many people will just use a verse they know nothing about and use it as a subject of holiness or doctrine of their church. And besides, God does not look at yr dressings but the intentions of yr dressing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by bayooz(m): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
1. Ignorance is a disease
2. The bible clearly refers to opposite sex used clothes and attire and NOT clothings designed or customized for either men or women
3. Women's trousers/pants, shirts, suits differ and not exactly the same as men's
4. The cultural settings matter in most interpretations. Will you mandate people for instance to wear simple skirt and blouse instead of pants and suits in snow in Switzerland, Japan, America or UK
Abeg. Let us move on to more serious discussion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
I guess women shouldn't wear t-shirts, suits and base-ball hats, since they were originally made for men.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by white854: 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
I tnk w@ matters is hvn God 1st in ur lyf n i believe u'l hv a clearer view on dis,.Anoda thngz w@ ur hrt tells u as a christian..dyu feel com4table in ur hrt?i mite b rong bt i tnk it boils down 2 decent dressing.cz lyk sm of u sd,trouser wznt invented in d old days n bsds,twaznt 1 of God's commandments..God help us 2 mk heaven..peace
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Abujabir24: 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
Its a good thing dat u christians are thinking like true christians not like dose dat have been brain washed by the WEST. But today if u all see a muslim Woman or Girl in a Hijab trying to show some decency, u will start abusing her and callings her names. Am not saying all Muslims are saints, and I won't also say all christians are saints.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by deebrain(m): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
Cori_corde: I guess women shouldn't wear t-shirts, suits and base-ball hats, since they were originally made for men.

Hehehehe
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by denip: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wrapper is mostly worn by women but in my culture, d men wear tie wrapper. Will you say that its also a sin? Make una wise up o
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by deebrain(m): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
denip: Wrapper is mostly worn by women but in my culture, d men wear tie wrapper. Will you say that its also a sin? Make una wise up o

(speaking very holily) u are living in sin. Better repent. Hell is real. All sinners will go to hell. U better repent. Lol.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
God will bless you and your generation overwhelmingly for this comment. Finally a voice of wisdom in this clatter. I am a catholic and I used to find it funny anytime I go to the east and Father (priest) will be fighting people on trouser and scarf meanwhile in the Vatican, no one has time for that one. We could go into the technicality of the right or wrong of women wearing trousers, but we all know that people will still be sexually immoral whether or not. My sister if you decide to stop wearing trousers, good for you but please dont judge yourself or others based on that. Shikena

KINGwax: i only hope u undstnd dt from that same passage of the bible, that is jes one of the laws given. From that same passage, it clearly states dt one should not wear half cotton-half wool. It says if u will wear cotton, let everythin u wear be the same. Can u tell me how many clothes you've worn dt are 50%cotton-50%wool or polyester?
Another fact is this, in those days, there are no trousers, i think men wear robes, while women wear gowns. Infact, the only covering for their down is skirt-like.
In scottland, men wear skirt as a normal men-wear.
Pls note, dt even the americans who popularize trousers for ladies clearly made a distinction between the two. Go check, a lady's trouser has it's crotch firmer, and shorter dn the male. If u can't figure, check the length of d zip. Even the pockets are different. The side at which u button a female's shirt is not the same as the male unless it's clearly stated as unisex.
Unless u wear a ladie's trouser, there's a distinction between them.
Biliv me, a female wearing trouser is wearing a female's one.
Pls learn more
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by vanstanzy(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
switnjl: I happened to be in this commercial vehicle and the one preaching kept talking about the fact that God hates trousers on a Christian lady because the bible says woman shouldn't put on men's attire.

I put on trousers all the time because it frees my movements. I am also a very dedicated Christian.

should I stop?

I need ur comments pls.

Sis, dont mind these hungry preachers. Where is it written in the Holy Bible that trouser is a mans' attire. Pls do ask them this next time. Why dont they tell the Scottish man to stop wearing skirt. Sis wear what makes u feel good, as long as it does not send the wrong signal and cause ur fellow man to fall.
All this fake holier than thou evangelists, sef.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Adamo84(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
eddy1977: As long as you are comfortable and decent,no one should stop you from wearing it.
I don't care how long a woman,s skirt is,she can always pull it up.there are many prostitutes in the arab world who never wear trousers and yet they still sleep around.

You can wear a long skirt and still provoke men to lust.

If you are married,let your husband tell you if he likes it or not. If you are single,don't let anyone patronize you and tell you what to wear or what not to wear
How does your answer help the Op? The Op asked if its sinful and you just jumped off topic and got yourself busy with 1 Arab prostitute. SMH.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Esejames(f): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
From the beginning 2 d end of the Bible I never saw where the Bible talked abt trousers it only talked abt Garments and robes so I dnt see where n when trouser started becoming strictly men's attire

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Rhapsody1(f): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
I used to have this question and God gave me my answer. Let me share it with you.

There are only 2 sexes, right? Male and female. God did not create hermaphrodites. So the clothes we were are made either for male or female, right? Now let me assume I took you to a boutique, and asked you to pick a suit for your dad. Do you agree that there are certain types of trouser suits you cannot buy for him (female trouser suits).
Why? The answer I usually get is, "it is not a male trouser suit". And so if it is not a male trouser suit, it can only be a female trouser suit (since we have already established that God did not create hermaphrodites). So it is always easy to distinguish a male attire from a female's ie going by Deutronomy 22:5 that folks love quoting. There is no mistake. I am yet to see the female trouser suits on males, and some other kinds of trousers that males do not wear 'cos it was not made for them. There are also clothing that are called uni sex.

The important thing is to do every thing to the glory of God.

But most importantly, what did Jesus say when he was asked to summarize the law. He said, Love of God and Love for your neighbor. If you love someone, you will not harm him. Its so simple. The problem today is that of indecent dressing, which I agree is not acting in love. But I will always say to whoever calls himself a Christian that he (should) has the Holy Spirit, allow Him to lead you. The bible says anything done outside of faith is wrong. So make sure you know why you do what you do. Look good, Look great. You are the child of a King, the owner of the whole world. So dress like royalty. Beautifully, not indecently. It is tacky anyway to dress indecently

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by ORAFA(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
switnjl: when I wear trousers I make sure I wear something long as blouse to cover up.

in the bible days there was nothing like trousers. all they wore was long dresses, both male and female.

does it also mean that I shouldn't wear tee shirt becos its made for guys?

Ma dear may GOD bless u. U spoke my mind but lemme still chip in. All those 'SUPER BORN AGAIN XTIANS' who claim to undastand the Bible should also undastand dat Christ NEVER wore trousers(according to d pictures we see in the bible and xtian movies we watch), all thru he wore robes and gowns. I neva saw a man in trousers or woman in skirt, infact it was soldiers who wore skirts and padded armour dat looked lyk a bra. The trousers were mans creation. I advice ladies to have more trousers than skirts because it will giv them ease of movement and all those thieves wouldnt want to snatch a bag 4rm a gal in jeans trousers and sneakers. because if dat kind gal pursue u, na sori b ur name...... D oracle has spoken!

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by FMK(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
switnjl: I happened to be in this commercial vehicle and the one preaching kept talking about the fact that God hates trousers on a Christian lady because the bible says woman shouldn't put on men's attire.

I put on trousers all the time because it frees my movements. I am also a very dedicated Christian.

should I stop?

I need ur comments pls.

it is not recommended but women are not satisfied with their nature their trend is to be men too do you imagine if a man put ladies dresses what will be the qualification
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Rhapsody1(f): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
I also gave this response on another thread about certain dances in church. It may be of some help.

The main problem of Christians is that they act, live, believe that Christianity is a religion. A dos and don'ts thingy. Christ said that He came so that we Can have life IN ABUNDANCE, TO THE FULL. Have you ever wondered why the only people Jesus woed were the pharisees and Sadducees? These were the teachers of the Law! They have every law of Moses at the finger tip. They obeyed them strictly. And yet, these same people were the ones that got woed by the Lord. He called them white washed tombs, good on the outside but dead inside. Paul described it as "having a form of godliness but denying its power"2 Timothy 3:5. He also said that they refuse to enter the kingdom and also try to prevent others from entering too, ""What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people's faces. You won't go in yourselves, and you don't let others enter either" Matthew 23:13.
They were still the ones that planned and ensured he was killed. They were the same ones that payed the guards to spread lies about His resurrection. Do you know why? Religious mindset. And that is one of the biggest problems of the church today. Think about Paul, what he was before his encounter with Christ and what he became after.

Once you give your life to Christ, the bible says, you are a new creature, child of a King. You are to ask and you will be filled with the Holy Spirit. He will direct your every step except you are not listening. So OP, are you a Christian? Are you Spirit Filled? Who created music and dance? God. And the bible says that God looked at all He made and said it was good. Same bible tells me to do everything to the Glory of God. Why would a dance step God's child is dancing to the glory of God be a problem, whether in church or outside? You see, we leave substance and chase shadows. Satan delights in keeping Christians so occupied with irrelevant matters while the main thing we have been called to is left unattended. SOUL WINNING. See 1 John 2:20. And note that he was even talking to babes in the Lord, not elders. So what I always tell a Christian is this, listen to the Holy Spirit who lives not in church building but in you. Also read the whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 10. These Christians had their own questions, should we do this, or not. Take special note of how Paul tackled their questions. If you prefer a solemn assembly kind of church, no problem. Jesus said the time is coming and is now here when we shall neither worship God at sokoto or Jamaica, but that true worshippers will worship in spirit and truth John 4:21-24 (pls read this using the living bible translation). The one who wants to worship in a non solemn assembly church, no problem. Just ensure you worship in truth and in spirit, and bro, you can never go wrong. Because the Holy Spirit in you will never lead you to do something contrary. Christians, could we drop this religious mindset. It is not keeping the rules and laws that gets you to heaven. There are a lot of good nice people who are great moralist but will still not make heaven. Why? There is only one way, Jesus Christ. There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved" Acts 4:12. That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" Romans 10:9. It is accepting and confessing the Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life. And pls constantly study(not just read) the bible, cos peeps perish out of ignorance.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Tega Akpofure's Husband, Rema Speaks On Her Death & COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.