Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (62022 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Andybaby: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
In some cases ladies wearing trousers won't provoke lust in men. When ladies in skirt bud okada and have to roll up their skirts, they sometimes reveal their laps. Also some men forcing women to wear skirts especially lecturers in the university have alterior motives, maybe so that they can easily lure these girls into the sex act. Now trousers that provoke lust in men is the skimpy that reveals a woman's shape, hips or waist line.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by victorian(f): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
no its not sinful, as long as the trousers is not too tight , top too skimpy and as long as the skirt is not too tight also.. Motive behind wearing your outfits , is what matters.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by ujchief(m): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
Just for clarification, Deut 22 vs 5 didnt say women shouldnt wear trousers, it said women women shouldnt wear things PARTAINING to men. Check out the original meaning, u'll discover that it meant a woman shouldnt wear any item (hat, shirt, pants, stockings etc) that belongs to a man by virtue of ownership. Why? B'cos according to the mosaic law, a woman was considered unclean during her menses, and she has to be separated during the period, so she wont make contact with anyone. After her menses, shes to bath in a secluded place b4 being considered as clean. (it was during this bathing period that king David saw and fell in love with Betsheeba).
To maintain cleanlines and holines acording to the mosaic law, women were not allowed to wear a man's clothing item so that the uncleanliess wil not be passed to the man.
People easily misinterprete and misquote the scriptures. I prefer a lady on trousers than a micro-mini-skirt. I dont judge, but if u want to obey the mosaic law, then dont just pick Deut 22:5 and leave the rest, obey the sabbath (go to church on saturdays and rest thereafter), dont wear clothing of mixed material, and obey the sharia laws of Leviticus, stone adulterers and fornicators, cut the arm of thieves, wage war against the enemies of God as practiced by islam, etc.
For me, i study the bible to show myself approved, not just what my pastor told me.
Sh!t! I hate typing an epistle, meanwhile, my siggy space is for sale.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Sike(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
God knows best.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
In nigeria is there anything wrong in men wearing skirts, iro and buba, ear rings, and putting make up on their face like lip stick or being effeminate in general??

If there is nothing wrong in it, then there is nothing wrong in females wearing trousers.

PS: Trousers were actually made for men, i recommend the book 'history on pants' for everyone to read.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
vanstanzy:

Sis, dont mind these hungry preachers. Where is it written in the Holy Bible that trouser is a mans' attire. Pls do ask them this next time. Why dont they tell the Scottish man to stop wearing skirt. Sis wear what makes u feel good, as long as it does not send the wrong signal and cause ur fellow man to fall.
All this fake holier than thou evangelists, sef.

So preaching in a bus and against trouser makes him hungry. Silly talk.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by blessed05: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Omo Alata: God knows. Read this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1023027/dr-olukoya-mfm-place-embargo

There is no need for too much talk. If this post is true, I advise all the women in that church, to demonstrate their power by staying away from church next Sunday. Perhaps then the leaders will realize they are dealing with thinking adults. This arrogance must stop, women must start standing up for their rights!
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by frankgreat(m): 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
If I should add my comment, I LL advice all ladies to wear trousers, if you see ow ladies open dere legs wen ever dey want to enter bike,exposing every secret tins. do u knw ow unconfortable dey feel wen dey run with skirt,wen dere is nid to run? or wen dey rush for bus? If u don't have a car of ur own or u dnt take cab to nd fro then ma advice to u is to wear trouser nd b free with your self...the bible itsef did not define mens cloth and female cloths...
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by bigmaut: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
lavita2: yet, some people would say the bible is a book devoid of ambiguity and a standard for moral leaving. smh. embarassed
Dia is nowhere in d bible that God said woman shld not wear trouser in d biblical era trouser was not invented d men wore long gown also does women but they knew d diff. they hav gown 4 men & gown 4 women also.trousie was invented by european which is unisex,women trouser has wider hip,and zip cover facing left,while mens zip-cover faces right,why do men tie wrapper in africa? b/c wrapper is unisex Religion fanatics take note!
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by yelanst(m): 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Is the trouser you are wearing men's trouser?If No, then their is absolutely nothing wrong with it because that trouser is strictly made for women, and even as a man you may not be comfortable by wearing it.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by tavon(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
The man is a fool. Who is he to speak for God's like and dislike. No where in the Bible is the word trouser mentioned.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by skyfall: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
Is it not simply silly to think that God who created the planets, stars, the sun, the moon etc cares about what a woman wears on her body? If so, does God like the fact that i'm using an Acer laptop rather than HP? Aren't we Nigerians suffering from religious "drunkennes" rather than getting ourselves busy doing useful things that'll make our lives more meaningful? sad
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nkonadi(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Bible Said "Men's Attire" Since dem Sew d Trouser 4 Women, Hw den is it a "Men's Attire"? Xumtimes, We Misquote The Bible In Order to Be Religious Or Kinda... Weda u wia Troza or Not, E no go stop u 4rm Going to Hell or Heaven... #fact#
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
skyfall: Is it not simply silly to think that God who created the planets, stars, the sun, the moon etc cares about what a woman wears on her body?

Are u sure u undastand urself?? Why wont God care about what a woman put on, if he dint he wouldnt have clothed adam and eve when they sew with fig leaves.

So God doesnt care if a woman wears sex provoking clothes?? Nice one, i hope you have an heaven to put the people you are leading oo
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by skyfall: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
haibe:

Are u sure u undastand urself?? Why wont God care about what a woman put on, if he dint he wouldnt have clothed adam and eve when they sew with fig leaves.

So God doesnt care if a woman wears sex provoking clothes?? Nice one, i hope you have an heaven to put the people you are leading oo

LOL, so you think i believe all those Adam & Eve fables? Women should rather use common sense in deciding what to wear rather than waiting for a pastor somewhere to tell them what's allowed and what's not.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by plappville(f): 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things."--1 John 3:20

This implies that if our heart condemn us of whatever thing, God will much more condemn us, being greater than our heart, and knowing all our evil things.

Effect from the very moment the Op heard the preaching, she then felt guilty because the preacher made it plain due to what the bible sayS.
But does the bible speaks about trouser? and was there trousers as men clothes before and during Christ time? We must know that there were no relaxer too to retouch the African woman hair, so how do you manage to cumb your hair, do you use cream to relax your hair to enable you comb your hair without feeling pains? Will you consider been a sinner for retouching your hair?

As the above verse speaks, whatever the heart condemns !!!!
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by richardoz(m): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Although d bible did not mention trouser but that is not an issue here. Wearing trousers is unafrican in d time of apostle Ayo Babalola, christians(ladies) were not wearing trousers then, so it is just like being conformed to the system of dis world and apostle John says anyone dt loves d world d love of God is not in him. Therefore wearing trousers for ladies is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
Genesis 3:21
King James Version (KJV)
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make
coats of skins, and clothed them.

@skyfall its not a fable, God indeed clothed them. God cares about what we wear.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Revolva(m): 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
SEE ALL THIS RELIGIOUS WAHALA SEF DON TIRE PERSON OMO IF WOMEN LIEK MAKE DEM DEY WEAR MICRO MINI SKIMPY THE TYPE THEY WERE IN CLUB COME CHURCH I GO EVEN LIKE AM AFTER ALL ALL THIS RELIGIOUS ENTITY ARE ALL LIES
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by toygod2: 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
the issue is a controversial one. We shall get to know,when we get to heaven
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Ademab(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
well this topic has lingered for a long time and different pastors have defended their reasons (either for or against it). But  want us to understand one thing trouser or no trouser is not what makes u go to heaven. What makes u qualified for heaven is in romans 10:9. But Jesus Christ was clear on one thing when the disciples asked him of the greatest comandment. He answer in Matt 22 all the laws that u hv heard i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ time past are summed up i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this two 1. You love your GOd with all your heart.mind,body 2. Love your neighbour as yourself. [BOLD]For ALL IN THIS TWO LAWS LIES ALL EVRYOTHER LAW AND THE PROPHETS [/BOLD] If that trouser u r wearing will make another person goto hell then pls don't. If as a guy walking bare-chested sometimes will make that lady have another 'tinz' then don't if what u are about to do might lead another person astray then stay clear from it. The bible also said Ȋ̝̊̅† is not what goes into a man that defies a man ( not what u wear or eat or put on) but what comes out of that man ( what what u r wearing is telling the people). So be wise and know the truth. The truth shall set u free.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Operalex: 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
switnjl: I happened to be in this commercial vehicle and the one preaching kept talking about the fact that God hates trousers on a Christian lady because the bible says woman shouldn't put on men's attire.

I put on trousers all the time because it frees my movements. I am also a very dedicated Christian.

should I stop?

I need ur comments pls.

beloved sister, know this that God overlook the time of ignorance. Now that you have known the truth you should be free by putting end to it. Shalom
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Estherchosen(f): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wearing trouser as a lady is a sin, if you said that trouser is unisex while not skirt be unisex have you see a man wearing skirt, your pastor may tell you it dosen't matter tell him to wear her wife skirt and claimb purpit if it dosen't matter,my dear don't be deceive

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Estherchosen: Wearing trouser as a lady is a sin, if you said that trouser is unisex while not skirt be unisex have you see a man wearing skirt, your pastor may tell you it dosen't matter tell him to wear her wife skirt and claimb purpit if it dosen't matter,my dear don't be deceive

Thats ryt sis, if only men would wear their wife skirts
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by oluomad(m): 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
haibe: In nigeria is there anything wrong in men wearing skirts, iro and buba, ear rings, and putting make up on their face like lip stick or being effeminate in general??

If there is nothing wrong in it, then there is nothing wrong in females wearing trousers.

PS: Trousers were actually made for men, i recommend the book 'history on pants' for everyone to read.
correct.....

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
As for me I don't support women wearing trousers. This is because any lady wearing trouser attracts unnecessary attention from random men who lack self control, to herself. As the Bible would say, if you know anything that would lead your brother to sin, stop doing it. Trousers worn today by women can not be defined as descent. Infact it has turned them to first class lovepeddlers. A word is enough for the wise. When stand before God, there won't be a second chance.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
As for me I don't support women wearing trousers. This is because any lady wearing trouser attracts unnecessary attention from random men who lack self control, to herself. As the Bible would say, if you know anything that would lead your brother to sin, stop doing it. Trousers worn today by women can not be defined as descent. Infact it has turned them to first class lovepeddlers. A word is enough for the wise. When stand before God, there won't be a second chance. On a final note don't always analyze the Bilble logically, it is not a text book. It is the word Of God and can only be understood with the Help of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by dasparrow: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Estherchosen: Wearing trouser as a lady is a sin, if you said that trouser is unisex while not skirt be unisex have you see a man wearing skirt, your pastor may tell you it dosen't matter tell him to wear her wife skirt and claimb purpit if it dosen't matter,my dear don't be deceive

@Bolded

Yes I have. The Scottish wear skirt as their cultural attire just like you have some African cultures where the men tie wrapper.

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by speeddater: 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
Colossians 2:8-23
8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits1 of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities2 and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.3

Let No One Disqualify You
16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions,4 puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—21 “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch” 22 (referring to things that all perish as they are used)—according to human precepts and teachings? 23 These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by dasparrow: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
@Post

It is not a sin to wear female trousers/pants as a a lady as long as you don't go wearing trousers that are so tight that the lines of your underwear/pant begin to show. Many Nigerian Christians act like the hypocritical religious leaders in Jesus' days. They focus so much on mundane things while ignoring bigger issues. With all the sex*ual immorality - fornication, adultery, ra*pe - that are practiced by both the married and unmarried in Nigeria, I was hoping the so-called preachers there will focus more on teaching people how to keep their bodies pure because our bodies are the temple of the Lord (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

I am an avid reader/student of the bible and nowhere does it say in the bible and especially in the NEW TESTAMENT that you will go to hell wearing female trousers as a lady. Jesus admonishes us all to dress decently, as in cover up properly and not allow b00bs and thighs hang out - as a female - when you are not on the beach in a Caribbean island somewhere. I see many Nigerian ladies who wear skirts and dresses yet the skirts and dresses are so short and tight with their yam legs all hanging out. I will rather a lady wears a well fitting pair of female trousers than a short skirt exposing her ugly legs that have black spots all over them due to incessant mosquito bites. Lastly, a good chunk of the world's population live in cold climates. Do you expect Christian women in places like Europe, USA, Canada to wear skits when it is freezing outside during the brutal winter months?
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
My dear, yes d bible stated dat women shuld nt put on male garment in d old testament and dat was b'cos d men put on gown in d old times, and their gowns are diffrnt frm that of d female and that was why God stated it clearly dat women shuld nt put on male garment. Peopl hav misundastood d Bible 2 now. There's nothing in the Bible dat stated in black and white dat female shuld nt put on throuser. I want 2 ask a questn for those who hav agreed that female shuld nt put on throusers. Can a man put on a female throuser? If yes, then i will stop puttng on throuser frm nw else forth. Read d bible wisely and undastand it clearly pals. angryMy dear, yes d bible stated dat women shuld nt put on male garment in d old testament and dat was b'cos d men put on gown in d old times, and their gowns are diffrnt frm that of d female and that was why God stated it clearly dat women shuld nt put on male garment. Peopl hav misundastood d Bible 2 now. There's nothing in the Bible dat stated in black and white dat female shuld nt put on throuser. I want 2 ask a questn for those who hav agreed that female shuld nt put on throusers. Can a man put on a female throuser? If yes, then i will stop puttng on throuser frm nw else forth. Read d bible wisely and undastand it clearly pals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Tega Akpofure's Husband, Rema Speaks On Her Death & COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.