Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" (15568 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / PDP Senatorial Candidate Blasts Tinubu, Buhari And Others / PDP Blasts Tinubu Over Market Women Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by xtayle(m): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by xtayle(m): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Gaybriel: 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
jacobs123:

And was it Tinubu that created the jobs in Lagos? If the other states were serious especially N.Delta states many investors would have left Lagos. The jobs created by Tinubu are LASTMA, LAWMA, KAI etc. Even Marwa built MARWA MARWA gardens in less that 3 years. While I will concede that Tinubu was about the best in his class of Governors it doesn't mean he performed well given the resources at his disposal and I guess Fashola's first 3 years proved that not forgetting that Fashola's period coincided with the great RECESSION. LEKKI-EPE way has been on since 2006, not even 60% complete even with the low quality, TEJUOSHO market is still under construction.
please don't tell me what i know. During Tinubu's time Federal Govt didn't release Lagos revenue and i can remember when Fashola entered, Tinubu told him publicly the amount that FG owed him. The Lekki-EPE road was Tinubu's idea. He did it up to VI BEFORE leaving office. Have you forgotten that Fashola was a chief of staff under Tinubu? What you see in Lagos today is continuity not just Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by aljharem(m): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
thank you mimiko. Let them know
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by xtayle(m): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
Alxmyr:

I join you in laughing. But come to think of it, Tinubu hid his failures on his rift with FG

Tinubu did not fail at all. Development cannot be accomplished in totality or absolutely. It is continuous and that is what we see in Lagos. Tinubu met Lagos in shambles taking over from the military. Everything you see Fashola doing, majority of it were planned by the Tinubu administration. From road networks to BRT to health to adverts, etc. BRT Buses was already paid for b4 Fashola took over. We would actually have seen more if that wicked OBJ had allowed d new LG creation to go through. Even when he kicked against it, Tinubu became creative and pragmatic in d face of d situation. He looked inward and improved upon IGR which Fashola is enjoying now. Fashola is enjoying a good foundation built by Tinubu.

People say he's a thief and I agree because there is no clean politician. However, I prefer his stealing precedence whereby he's stealing and has something to show for it. Within a year in office, Amosun and Ajimobi are commissioning roads. There is free education and super agric programme in osun under Aregbesola. Despite the foundation build by Adefarati and Agagu, what did Mimiko do? Which road did he commission? Agagu that we all complained about performed better than Mimiko. Mimiko attempted to revive farm settlement and engage graduates. When they complained of poor facilities, he shut it down. He built his hospital project around pregnant women in about 2 places instead of a health policy. Is he saying women in Labour should travel to Akure from 18 different LGs? Same for his Mega School. About 14 LGs are left out.

I wonder why he want us to accept mediocrity for performance. Celebrating Event centre and water fountain while markets he built are empty and its suppose to be done by LGs. He usurped the duties and functions of LGs by not allowing LG elections in the state. A LG receives about N95m a month an there are 18 of them which makes it about N1.7bn a month. Ondo state gets about N8bn a month which puts federal allocation income at about N10bn per month apart from IGR and Loans. What did Mimiko do with it? There is practically nothing on ground. Even Baba Adefarati created jobs. He set up SEHICO with about half a billion naira out of the meagre income he had. He constructed several roads and started a university.

If Mimiko think Tinubu is his mate, he's making a big mistake. Tinubu has seen money before he came into politics. He has built several men of national anf international exposure along the line. Despite all the opportunity Mimiko has, how many loyal Men has he brought up. From 3 time commissioner to SSG to federal minister and now Governor. We only know Dr. Pius and Prof. Mimiko his Brother.

Mimiko is not a good man home and abroad. I wonder how he managed to win an election. What Tinubu is doing is simple. He's saying if the rest of the country is not ready for development, let the south west integrate and develop our region. Let have out own source of reliable power, transport, refinery, health, education, industry etc. This requires cooperation but Mimiko is scared of accountability. Is oshiomale being controlled by Tinubu as well? We should quit being deceived by Mimiko

He did not perform. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Mcdondayan: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
solomon111: Every man and his dog knows that tinubu is one of worst governors in the history of Nigeria as a whole.
Only an idiottt will fault mimiko's statement.
I totaly disagree with you. T.A orji is the worse governor in the history of nigeria. Unfortunately he is my state governor.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by lwise(m): 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
Lol,I watch it live on AIT,the thief we know is far better than the saint we don't know.We can't vote ACN because its own by Tinubu.We don't want Tinubu to extend his probosis to Ondo state treasury.Gracias

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Alxmyr(m): 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
xtayle:

Tinubu did not fail at all. Development cannot be accomplished in totality or absolutely. It is continuous and that is what we see in Lagos. Tinubu met Lagos in shambles taking over from the military. Everything you see Fashola doing, majority of it were planned by the Tinubu administration. From road networks to BRT to health to adverts, etc. BRT Buses was already paid for b4 Fashola took over. We would actually have seen more if that wicked OBJ had allowed d new LG creation to go through. Even when he kicked against it, Tinubu became creative and pragmatic in d face of d situation. He looked inward and improved upon IGR which Fashola is enjoying now. Fashola is enjoying a good foundation built by Tinubu.

People say he's a thief and I agree because there is no clean politician. However, I prefer his stealing precedence whereby he's stealing and has something to show for it. Within a year in office, Amosun and Ajimobi are commissioning roads. There is free education and super agric programme in osun under Aregbesola. Despite the foundation build by Adefarati and Agagu, what did Mimiko do? Which road did he commission? Agagu that we all complained about performed better than Mimiko. Mimiko attempted to revive farm settlement and engage graduates. When they complained of poor facilities, he shut it down. He built his hospital project around pregnant women in about 2 places instead of a health policy. Is he saying women in Labour should travel to Akure from 18 different LGs? Same for his Mega School. About 14 LGs are left out.

I wonder why he want us to accept mediocrity for performance. Celebrating Event centre and water fountain while markets he built are empty and its suppose to be done by LGs. He usurped the duties and functions of LGs by not allowing LG elections in the state. A LG receives about N95m a month an there are 18 of them which makes it about N1.7bn a month. Ondo state gets about N8bn a month which puts federal allocation income at about N10bn per month apart from IGR and Loans. What did Mimiko do with it? There is practically nothing on ground. Even Baba Adefarati created jobs. He set up SEHICO with about half a billion naira out of the meagre income he had. He constructed several roads and started a university.

If Mimiko think Tinubu is his mate, he's making a big mistake. Tinubu has seen money before he came into politics. He has built several men of national anf international exposure along the line. Despite all the opportunity Mimiko has, how many loyal Men has he brought up. From 3 time commissioner to SSG to federal minister and now Governor. We only know Dr. Pius and Prof. Mimiko his Brother.

Mimiko is not a good man home and abroad. I wonder how he managed to win an election

Well Tinubu is about to learn the biggest lesson in politicking. Mimiko has been a politician long before Tinubu stroll into polity.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by xtayle(m): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
Alxmyr:

Well Tinubu is about to learn the biggest lesson in politicking. Mimiko has been a politician long before Tinubu stroll into polity.

My brother, u will be shocked. Daniel, Oyinlola, Osunbo and Oni were shocked. Why do u think Oshiomale left Labour for ACN?
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by sweetchicks(f): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
Lets call a spade, a spade. mimiko is the definition of bad governance with his duck lips he decieves... Akure is not as developed as he claims... Funny, the campaign ads running on tv boasts of his good achievements by showing off that bloody fountain and the green park... Who in his sane mind would call a beutified roundabout a park? Then crazily set up the media to ask the bush people how it has benefitted them...Someone hinted graduates as taxi drivers... That's'absolutely correct!
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
Gaybriel: i'm not a politician but i can tell you with confidence that Tinubu invested more in Education. Paid STUDENTS NECO FEES and started Spelling Bees competition. He gave out free eye glasses to the old. Pls tell me about Mimiko's
Mimiko established Mother and Child clinics in Ondo State, pays 22k minimum wage not deflated by taxes! Built ultra modern markets without heavy n phoney payments like Tejuosho market, DOCTORS dont STRIKE in Ondo State, Teachers don't STRIKE IN ONDO STATE,....NEED I SAY MORE?
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
sweetchicks: Lets call a spade, a spade. mimiko is the definition of bad governance with his duck lips he decieves... Akure is not as developed as he claims... Funny, the campaign ads running on tv boasts of his good achievements by showing off that bloody fountain and the green park... Who in his sane mind would call a beutified roundabout a park? Then crazily set up the media to ask the bush people how it has benefitted them...Someone hinted graduates as taxi drivers... That's'absolutely correct!
U ONLY SEE WHAT U WANT TO SEE....
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Aderostock(m): 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
Who are u musiwa to tell us who to for or not? I can't wait for oct. 20 to vote mimiko out of power cos he has failed. He compared Ondo with Osun despite his huge allocation and IGR even Loans, Osun is performing better than Ondo. Mimiko is a big thief
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2012

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by solomon111(m): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
I see nairalanders hinging tinubu's failure on petro-dollars from the FG.:
so it is clear that lagos is nothing without resources from the SS/SE.
Yet this same set of un-grateful yorubas will be asking their benefactors to leave lagos.
A lagos upgraded with their own natural resources.
Yorubas are pathetically parasitic.
Tufia!!
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Aderostock(m): 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2012
smartchoice:
Mimiko established Mother and Child clinics in Ondo State, pays 22k minimum wage not deflated by taxes! Built ultra modern markets without heavy n phoney payments like Tejuosho market, DOCTORS dont STRIKE in Ondo State, Teachers don't STRIKE IN ONDO STATE,....NEED I SAY MORE?

Are these what you called governance? Am sorry for your generations! When governors are building roads, creating jobs, creating light rails and developing humans what your governor could were these local council projects. Pls make I no curse you cos am in akoko now
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by xtayle(m): 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
sunky644: Don't mind the fraudulent backstabber full of deceit we call our Governor. Because he has
1. built four Mega schools
2. one mother and child hospital
3. repainted roads constructed by Agagu
4. erected two fountains in Akure
that makes his tenure better than Tinubu's eight years abi? It's just unfortunate that his juju still works like magic that's why we still some brainwashed bloody civilians running after and supporting him.
A useless Governor who believes road construction, creation of employment, infrastructural development etc are not projects that could score him his required political point.
I am quoting his words " a single term is enough for a serious minded Governor in ondo state, whoever want to impose himself on the state under the disguise of second term is bereft of ideas and will meet shame and Waterloo at the end". This words of his in April 2007 is what I am holding on to and may it befall him.

AMEN
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by solomon111(m): 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
Aderostock:

Are these what you called governance? Am sorry for your generations! When governors are building roads, creating jobs, creating light rails and developing humans what your governor could were these local council projects. Pls make I no curse you cos am in akoko now
Though its none of my business,who rules SW and who does not,but you sound like you've been paid.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by decrox199(m): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
sunky644: Don't mind the fraudulent backstabber full of deceit we call our Governor. Because he has
that makes his tenure better than Tinubu's eight years abi? It's just unfortunate that his juju still works like magic that's why we still some brainwashed bloody civilians running after and supporting him.
A useless Governor who believes road construction, creation of employment, infrastructural development etc are not projects that could score him his required political point.
I am quoting his words " a single term is enough for a serious minded Governor in ondo state, whoever want to impose himself on the state under the disguise of second term is bereft of ideas and will meet shame and Waterloo at the end". This words of his in April 2007 is what I am holding on to and may it befall him.
-1000 likes tongue
-1000 likes
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Aderostock(m): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
solomon111: I see nairalanders hinging tinubu's failure on petro-dollars from the FG.:
so it is clear that lagos is nothing without resources from the SS/SE.
Yet this same set of un-grateful yorubas will be asking their benefactors to leave lagos.
A lagos upgraded with their own natural resources.
Yorubas are pathetically parasitic.
Tufia!!

Stupid omo Igbo that doesn't know anything. Lagos was better off during Tinubu tenure without FG's allocation than all your combined states in the SE at that time. Oloshi ajeokuta mamomi

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by MrGlobe(m): 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
"They talked about integration, if they
want to integrate the South West, is it
going to be in one person’s pockets? If
that is integration, then Ondo State will
never be a part of such a phoney and
deceitful integration.

Chineke muoo... grin grin grin grin
Mimiko go wound person grin
integration indeed.

Wait, am I reading clearly, or did the topic read Mimiko blasts Tinubu onstead of Mimiko kills Tinubu politically

Mimiko 4 more years.. take am.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by sweetchicks(f): 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
@ smartchoice... I wish! I am so not deceived. You may like to call that good governance in your books... All i know is that he is a crook just like the others... But you really have not debunked my claims you know...oh well, I guess you really must be blind!
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by xtayle(m): 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
musiwa7: Most of you dont know anything. mimiko has constructed over 500 projects in ondo state. that the only thing the ACN can do is drop akeredolu. he cant help them win.

You see, he is laughing at the ACN. in over 300 community. just basic health centre with a bus to transport patient from rural to city. and a town hall and a school with 6 classrooms in the small towns that had none.

he built

a town hall
a health clinic
a school

the same money that all of the state in nigeria are collecting..

that is akure now

Do know Mimiko is ward councilors, LG Chairmen and Governor? All d projects u show above are all LG responsibilities. Come to Lagos, I will show you roads constructed by LGs. Meanwhile, Adefarati and Agagu constructed rds. Why not iroko.

O ti gbabode. A maa wo
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by asala1: 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
xtayle:

Mimiko is not a good man home and abroad. I wonder how he managed to win an election. What Tinubu is doing is simple. He's saying if the rest of the country is not ready for development, let the south west integrate and develop our region. Let have out own source of reliable power, transport, refinery, health, education, industry etc. This requires cooperation but Mimiko is scared of accountability. Is oshiomale being controlled by Tinubu as well? We should quit being deceived by Mimiko

He did not perform. Simple.
I don't know about Tinubu. I live in akure and work in Osun state, and I belive that Mimiko is better than any govenor in South-West nigeria except Lagos State. If the FG can adopt some of its health programmes, children will not be dying the way they are now. I am not from Ondo state but i didn't destroy my voter's card because of him. Am a living witness of his good governace.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Alxmyr(m): 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
xtayle:

My brother, u will be shocked. Daniel, Oyinlola, Osunbo and Oni were shocked. Why do u think Oshiomale left Labour for ACN?

My brother, politics in Nigeria is done at the grassroots, using formidable political structures which has been well oiled for a considerable number of years. ACN fire brigade approach cannot win second place in Ondo State. One year ago, the party does not have structure in most local government in the state. People defected from PDP and LP to join the party. And most of the relevant political strong holds in the state that decamped to ACN have either left or are romancing the ruling party at night.
Wait and see, weeks after the election, you will get to know that those who are carrying brooms and shouting Aketi are not with him at all.
The two parties that are on ground in Ondo state are LP and PDP.
The rest are just making noise.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by ubandire(m): 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
holusleek: i Doubt That and I stand to be corrected if iroko 3 and half yrs is better than that of tinubu,politics aside...can't stop laughing...its not just possiblE

The only thing Tinubu did in Lagos was Bequeathing power to Fashola,and Mimiko being a great man acknowledged that.so bro if u are leaving politics aside he did nothing but loot Lagos red,institutionalised thuggery and godfatherism.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by Alxmyr(m): 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
ubandire:

The only thing Tinubu did in Lagos was to Bequeathpower to Fashola,and Mimiko being a great man acknowledged that.

Thank you.

If Tinubu had had a successor like Godswill Akpabio as Victor Attah did, Tinubu would have been relegated to the background.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by sweetchicks(f): 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
smartchoice:
U ONLY SEE WHAT U WANT TO SEE....
i'm really sorry for you if thats how you see it... I pass through Ondo town on my way to Lagos, and you might want to explain why the roads are still bad. ordinary Oba-Ile road, the one in akure here is crying for help with no one to help the poor road... Im sure the road users curse mimiko every time they pass through. Oh! I forgot that you are blind...
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by shadrach77: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Tinubu is angry because mimiko has refused to be his stooge like Fashola and Aregbesola grin grin grin
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by emiye(m): 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ondo State is the richest south west state after Lagos state, i think the much issue, pe mimiko is the value he has provided with what he was given.

Comparing Osun to ondo is not very fair . Osun state with the same population, if not more gets less than 40% of Ondo states allocation,

It will also not be fair comparing Ondo state to Lagos.

It is important the voters have better information in making decisions.

Objectively, I think Mimiko's performance is lack lustre, but he is a wise man, he has learnt to concentrate his performance on certain areas with all vigor, with absolute neglect to many others. (pareto principle).

he will most likely win, Ondo state voters are not as enlightened in making highly informed decisions.
Re: Mimiko Blasts Tinubu: "My Three And Half Years Is Better Than Your 8 Years" by EkoIle1: 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
jacobs123:

And was it Tinubu that created the jobs in Lagos? If the other states were serious especially N.Delta states many investors would have left Lagos. The jobs created by Tinubu are LASTMA, LAWMA, KAI etc. Even Marwa built MARWA MARWA gardens in less that 3 years. While I will concede that Tinubu was about the best in his class of Governors it doesn't mean he performed well given the resources at his disposal and I guess Fashola's first 3 years proved that not forgetting that Fashola's period coincided with the great RECESSION. LEKKI-EPE way has been on since 2006, not even 60% complete even with the low quality, TEJUOSHO market is still under construction.

Resources under Tinubu wast much for obvious reasons, but he created more jobs than any of his comrades. Tinubu gave us fashola, Tinubu put together nearly all the projects fashola is working on, fashola ability to execute projects with substantial igr happened because of Tinubus tax collection vision. Today, every governor is counting power plants as achievements, Tinubu did that with lagos states 200mw plant when mimiko was a boy boy.

I don't think mimiko believed any of that senseless and factless nonsense. Unlike Tinubu, mimiko have access to funds to fund serious projects and not the village water fountains like ibo governors.

The man should be listing his achievements and selling them to the people of ondo state, not distracting with another person who is not a public official and has never been any in ondo state.

His days ss the governor of ondo states are numbered anyway.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Releases N280b For Capital Projects / 70% Of Ndigbo Don’t Read Newspapers, Listen To Radio —imo State Govt / Wike Helped Secondus Become Chairman, Wants To Control Him Permanently - Idahosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.