Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

The Hidden History Of White Slavery! - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Hidden History Of White Slavery! (20533 Views)

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Heard of the big bang? Heard of formation of planets/solar systems?

Sceintists already know a little bit about our origins
you are talking to a wall fam, free them they envy us it is a fact , they want to make us bbelieve that our origins are unknown lmao, they forget that unlike them we have a clear and pure identity.
they aint able to blame their masters , they can't face their masters ,but yet want to tell us our history,want to tell us ho to feel towards them ,want to make us a pologize for something we are not responsible for , they are so funny ,am yet to see an African who even talk about slavery let say who regrets something or thinks we fuc.ked up and must apologize ...lmao the joke of the century.

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

You do realize that Nigeria was a former colony of britian? Millions of Nigeria controlled by Britian? Forcing their language, religion and traditions upon us? So what is the hard for them to carry away millions of slaves

You must be 2 chromosomes away from being retar.ded.

From my educational recollection...Britian's primary religion is Christianity however even with their influences...the customs of Arabs play a huge part of Nigerian culture as well. Why is that?

Who is responsible for Islam and the likes? Certainly not Britain.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you are talking to a wall fam, free them they envy us it is a fact , they want to make us bbelieve that our origins are unknown lmao, they forget that unlike them we have a clear and pure identity.
they aint able to blame their masters , they can't face their masters ,but yet want to tell us our history,want to tell us ho to feel towards them ,want to make us a pologize for something we are not responsible for , they are so funny ,am yet to see an African who even talk about slavery let say who regrets something or thinks we fuc.ked up and must apologize ...lmao the joke of the century.

These people are house negroes. They worship whites and look down on their own colour.

Yes, we know that some blacks sold other blacks into slavery- however, these house negroes like to overlook 2 facts

a) Whites themselves also captured slaves from Africa
b) Many African tribes never sold slaves as a commodity (they rather kill POWs from other tribes by beheading)
c) There are always some few opportunists (eg Jewish-Nazi collaborator, Black slave traders)
d) The whites and Arabs were the ones that started the African slave trade of shipping blacks to other continents

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

From my educational recollection...Britian's primary religion is Christianity however even with their influences...the customs of Arabs play a huge part of Nigerian culture as well. Why is that?

Who is responsible for Islam and the likes? Certainly not Britain.

Arabs and British engaged in slave trade in Nigeria
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Goes both ways. How many Americans can point to Nigeria on a map?

That's what I said. A poster asked the question. Did you missed that?
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Arabs and British engaged in slave trade in Nigeria

Duh duh!
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

These people are house negroes. They worship whites and look down on their own colour.

Yes, we know that somefew blacks sold other blacks into slavery- however, these house negroes like to overlook 2 facts
b) Many African tribes never sold slaves as a commodity (they rather kill POWs from other tribes by beheading)
c) There are always some few opportunists (eg Jewish-Nazi collaborator, Black slave traders)
d) The whites and Arabs were the ones that started the African slave trade of shipping blacks to other continents

you said it all,anyway i don't blame but their society which teaches them to despise themselves.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
Lol @ scientists knows the origin place of mankind.

Ignorance is sure hilarious!!!
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Lol @ scientists knows the origin place of mankind.

Ignorance is sure hilarious!!!

The irony of it all. The ignorant claiming facts are ignorant

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
Kali!!!! I am mad at you! You know damn well you can't whoop azzes under Kali!! Ms. Dark is itching to grace the thread!!!

Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

The irony of it all. The ignorant claiming facts are ignorant

Said the ignorant one!!

Still lol at your previous comments!! I see why you created alt name!!!

Lol!!!
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Kali!!!! I am mad at you! You know damn well you can't whoop azzes under Kali!! Ms. Dark is itching to grace the thread!!!

Lol.

lolz
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
Lol at Camdumb liking a dumb post!! Lol.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Said the ignorant one!!

Still lol at your previous comments!! I see why you created alt name!!!

Lol!!!

So, you carry on this delusion and paranoia?
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
hide your face in shame filthy ashawo. EWU grin grin grin grin
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
slave you are and slave you will always be tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
Still lol at scientists knows the origin place of mankind!!!

I bet many Africans do not even know who named their continent!!
Lol at a few whites marched in Africa with a fly swatter conquered African pows!!!!

Stop!! I am in tears!! Whoooooooooooweeeee!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
useless people found themselves in America lmao....we know who named the continent your point is?
you know what i really doubt you even worth a bottle of wine or a mirror, they surely had you free , empty barrels , go back in the street do what you know the best , selling crack and pu.C. ASHAWO. tongue tongue
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by MrsChima(f): 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
LMAO!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 07, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Still lol at scientists knows the origin place of mankind!!!

I bet many Africans do not even know who named their continent!!
Lol at a few whites marched in Africa with a fly swatter conquered African pows!!!!

Stop!! I am in tears!! Whoooooooooooweeeee!!!

lol i know right! grin
so in otherwords the african kingdoms were so weak and pussified that they got slayed, sonned and dominated by a few whites? Really?

some folks don't even understand the half. i'm the uncle tom tho, but by claiming they got PWNED on their own soil from the gate, he is 'admitting' the white man was "superior" and the fool doen't even know it. grin over 12 million africans were just "stolen" by whites...right.

Mrs.Chima:

Lol.

Honestly, I don't have his time sha. grin I know the truth and that's that.
Only an idi0tic pea-brained mugu would say otherwise.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 07, 2013
*Kails*:

lol i know right! grin
so in otherwords the african kingdoms were so weak and pussified that they got slayed, sonned and dominated by a few whites? Really?

some folks don't even understand the half. i'm the uncle tom tho, but by claiming they got PWNED on their own soil from the gate, he is 'admitting' the white man was "superior" and the fool don't even know it. grin

Honestly, I don't have his time sha. grin I know the truth and that's that.

Did they or did they not have superior firepower?

This is someone that claims to have knowledge of history.

Kalis, I give up! You are too smart grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:
Kalis, I give up! You are too smart grin grin grin

That's what I know.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 07, 2013
*Kails*:

That's what I know.

I agree

(sarcasm off)
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 07, 2013
By the way, what happened to the "C'mon Son" guy?

Haven seen a new video from him in a long while?
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 07, 2013
^^^

You could always look him up.
His name is "Ed Lover".
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by kikuyu1(m): 10:28am On Jan 13, 2013
IDK how this thread took this direction to nowhere. Anywhere here's more info conclusively revealing black slaveholders proportionally outnumbered whites & were so happy with the status quo they fought for the right to retain slaves,both black and white with Confederate forces in the US civil war.
America's first slave holder:

The non racial pattern of slave owning was part of a socioeconomic system that allowed blacks upward mobility in slave owning America-it was such a successful system 65,000 blacks volunteered and fought for Confederate forces.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-O_wKzH_9tfI/Te3I1uNvHxI/AAAAAAAASqU/ZVA-r0uvSjs/s1600/Civil+War+black-soldiers.jpg[/img]
In Trinidad Fr Anthony De Verteuil (Seven Slaves and Slavery: Trinidad 1777-1838) estimated that at least 60 per cent of the owners were coloured, and concluded "with certainty" that at least half to two-thirds of the slave-owners in Trinidad were coloured and that they owned about 20 per cent of the slaves.
http://karanjazplace..com/2013/01/slavery-wasnt-black-thing-2.html
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
kikuyu1: IDK how this thread took this direction to nowhere. Anywhere here's more info conclusively revealing black slaveholders proportionally outnumbered whites & were so happy with the status quo they fought for the right to retain slaves,both black and white with Confederate forces in the US civil war.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-O_wKzH_9tfI/Te3I1uNvHxI/AAAAAAAASqU/ZVA-r0uvSjs/s1600/Civil+War+black-soldiers.jpg[/img]

I dont know how people can believe lies against their race but will accept any defense of white people.

How can the first american slave holder be black when all the first black people that came to America were slaves?

This is the proble with Kalis and Uncle Toms, the will believe any lie and remixing of history that a white racist will tell them
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
kikuyu1: IDK how this thread took this direction to nowhere. Anywhere here's more info conclusively revealing black slaveholders proportionally outnumbered whites & were so happy with the status quo they fought for the right to retain slaves,both black and white with Confederate forces in the US civil war.

the only thing true about your post is of the story of the Angolan.
I looked up the sources of your info. and they are written by white supremacists. lol.

the picture of the black soldiers are not of "pro-slavery negroes" but of black men who were told by their masters that if they would fight in their places, they would obtain their freedom. Some didn't even have the chance to be asked but were in fact forced.

the "negroes" who owned slaves were not really "negroes" but mulattoes and creoles who were free or they obtained their freedom. while some were absolute douchebags, many bought slaves to save them from the conditions of whites. After doing work for their new mixed owners, they were often times allowed to obtain their freedom by buying it or after doing a certain amount of work. It depended on the "owner".
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Info on the Angolan.

Early life

Johnson was captured by slave traders in his native Angola and sold as a slave to a merchant working for the Virginia Company.[1] He arrived in Virginia in 1621 aboard the James. At this time he was known in the records as "Antonio, a Negro".[2] Johnson was later sold to a white planter named Bennet to work on his Virginia tobacco farm.

Prior to 1654, all Africans in the thirteen Colonies were held in indentured servitude and were released after a contracted period[3] with many of the slaves receiving land and equipment after their contracts for work expired. Bennet allowed Johnson to own his own plot of land to be used for farming.[4]

He almost lost his life in the Indian massacre of 1622 when his farm was attacked. The Powhatans, who were native to Virginia, were upset at the advance of the tobacco planters on their business and planned an attack on Good Friday. Of the fifty-seven men on the farm where Johnson worked, fifty-two died during the attack. In 1622, 30 Native Americans attacked Jamestown to avenge the death of one of their leaders.

The following year (1623) "Mary, a Negro" arrived aboard the ship Margaret and was brought in to work on the plantation, where she was the only woman. They were married and lived together for over forty years.[5]

Freedom

By around 1635 Antonio and Mary were free, and Antonio changed his name to Anthony Johnson.[5] In the late 1640s he moved to the Pungoteague River in Northampton County, Virginia where he acquired 250 acres (100 ha) of land on the eastern shore.

By July 1651 Johnson had five indentured servants of his own and he claimed an additional 250 acres (100 ha) of land based on the headright system.[4] He is recognized in Virginia court documents when he pled for tax relief after a fire destroyed much of his plantation,[6] and in a case in which he contested the freedom suit of a servant, John Casor. Johnson won the suit and retained Casor as his servant for life, the first true slave in Virginia.[7] In the tax-relief case (1653) the justices noted that Anthony and Mary "have lived Inhabitants in Virginia (above thirty years)" and had been respected for their "hard labor and known service".[5]

In 1657, Johnson’s white neighbor, Edmund Scarborough, forged a letter in which Johnson acknowledged a debt. Even though Johnson was clearly illiterate and couldn’t have written the letter, the court granted a substantial amount of Johnson’s land (100 acres) to pay off his "debt".[8]

In 1665, Anthony Johnson and his family moved to Somerset County, Maryland, and negotiated a lease on a 300-acre (120 ha) plot of land for ninety-nine years. Johnson used this land to start a tobacco farm, which he named Tories Vineyards.[9]

Significance

Slavery was officially established in Virginia in 1654[citation needed], when Johnson convinced a court that his servant (also a black man), John Casor, was his for life. Johnson himself had been brought to Virginia some years earlier as an indentured servant but he had saved enough money to buy out the remainder of his contract and that of his wife. The court ruling in Johnson’s favor resulted in Casor becoming the first state-recognized slave in the Colony of Virginia.

Although it was Johnson's court case against John Casor that established the legal status of slavery in Virginia, it is difficult to identify him as the 'first' slaveholder in the state as indentured servants were in effect slaves for the term of their contract. Johnson was the first to hold servants who were legally slaves for life.

Typically, young men or women would sign a contract of indenture in exchange for transportation to the New World. The landowner received 50 acres of land from the state (headrights) for each servant purchased (around £6 per person in the 17th Century) from a ships captain. The status of indentured servants in early Virginia and Maryland was similar to slavery. Servants could be bought, sold, or leased. They could be physically beaten for disobedience or running away. Unlike slaves they were freed after their term of service expired or was bought out, their children did not inherit their status, and on their release from contract they received "a year's provision of corn, double apparel, tools necessary" and a small cash payment called "freedom dues."—John Hammond Indentured Servitude. Johnson himself had arrived in Virginia as an indentured servant.

The practice of importing Africans to the North American colonies started in the Virginia area in 1619, though slavery in the Spanish New World colonies brought African slaves to the Americas as early as the 1560s.[11]

source: wikipedia...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
--
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
*edited*
only the necessary parts of the wikipedia excerpt is posted.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
call a cat a cat if you want to blame someone for your presence in jamaica/usa blame the white mn , for kails who said we should be ashamed that they beat us on our soil we few weapons or whatever you call that , i think before asking this kind of question you should answer to this ,how do white men do to colonize almost the whole continent again, there is no pride to lose, but it is a fact they were more powierful, i understand BA they don't want to blame white because they think they are giving them too much credit lol.give to ceasar what belongs to them many people fight against them but they beat us. but don't worry life is a circle we will be at the top again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language / UNFPA Hosts Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola In New York. Pics / 16 Fascinating African Tribal Traditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.