Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

The Hidden History Of White Slavery! - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Hidden History Of White Slavery! (20899 Views)

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03: See this slowpoke? A youtube video?

Yes, there were Africans who profited from slave trade with Europeans.

[size=18pt]That doesnt change the fact that slavery was not in our culture. Most Nigerian cultures.[/size]

LMFAOOOOOOOO!

But I am the slow poke right?
see this bold face shameless LIAR! grin
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

wtf are you talking about?
The saharan slave trade happened WAY before the trans atlantic slave trade.
go read a book or something. grin

as for the romans again get real! the lands they conquered were all relatively close to their capital.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/Theodosius_I's_empire.png/250px-Theodosius_I's_empire.png[/img]

easy travel by boat or via chariot...never did they cross an entire DESERT and take. nor did they mountains..

Misunderstanding.

My point is that agree with you on the role of islam and I was just reminding you of the role of christianity in supporting the slavery of Africans by Europeans.

WTF are you on about the Romans?

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
requote my post dude.

no misunderstanding at all.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

LMFAOOOOOOOO!

But I am the slow poke right?
see this bold face shameless LIAR! grin

Huh? So Nigerian tribes were selling slaves to each other or what?

lol or slaves were a commodity in Nigeria before the arrival of Foreigners?

LMAO!!!!

Slowpoke
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
You must have some comprehension problems
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

wtf are you talking about?
The saharan slave trade happened WAY before the trans atlantic slave trade.
go read a book or something. grin

as for the romans again get real! the lands they conquered were all relatively close to their capital.

[img]http://www.keyway.ca/gif/romanemp.gif[/img]

easy travel by boat or via chariot...never did they cross an entire DESERT and take. nor did they mountains..

EASY ACCESS...GET IT?! grin
So some random arabs traveled all the way to west africa via the largest desert on earth and straight conquered?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-1TT05vXJSes/TjZRCL8QpkI/AAAAAAAAAq8/3fRZe4z-eLQ/s1600/EdLover-CMonSon-Ep16.jpg[/img]

Arab conquest in Africa.
[b]
Slaves were obtained through conquest, tribute from vassal states (in the first such treaty, Nubia was required to provide hundreds of male and female slaves), offspring (children of slaves were also slaves, but since many slaves wer[/b]e castrated this was not as common as it had been in the Roman empire), and purchase. The latter method provided the majority of slaves, and at the borders of the Islamic Empire vast number of new slaves were castrated ready for sale (Islamic law did not allow mutilation of slaves, so it was done before they crossed the border). The majority of these slaves came from Europe and Africa -- there were always enterprising locals ready to kidnap or capture their fellow countrymen.

Black Africans were transported to the Islamic empire across the Sahara to Morocco and Tunisia from West Africa, from Chad to Libya, along the Nile from East Africa, and up the coast of East Africa to the Persian Gulf. This trade had been well entrenched for over 600 years before Europeans arrived, and had driven the rapid expansion of Islam across North Africa.

By the time of the Ottoman Empire, the majority of slaves were obtained by raiding in Africa. Russian expansion had put an end to the source of "exceptionally beautiful" female and "brave" male slaves from the Caucasians -- the women were highly prised in the harem, the
http://africanhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/IslamRoleSlavery01.htm
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Huh? So Nigerian tribes were selling slaves to each other or what?

lol or slaves were a commodity in Nigeria before the arrival of Foreigners?

LMAO!!!!

Slowpoke

The name calling begins when the user is LOSING..

you are trying to tell me, that slavery nor indentured servitude had NOTHING to do with Nigerian history?

You said so yourself there were POWs right? You are trying to convince me, that the ancient ppl of Nigerian ONLY killed POWs?

Is that your final answer?

Are you also trying to convince me and your fellow Nigerians that a boat load of whites and a few nomadic arabs were that influential they were able to persuade the Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba etc. Ppls/kingdoms to sell their own kind just because?

You really must not view your forefathers in high regards.

Because according to your highly flawed logic, they were weak enough to allow foreigners to get them to sell their own kind...just because...lmao.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
Look at him nit picking facts to post...smh.

[size=18pt]OVER 30 MILLION AFRICANS were just taken away just like that?

in random raids?[/size]

GTFOH! grin grin
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

The name calling begins when the user is LOSING..

you are trying to tell me, that slavery nor indentured servitude had NOTHING to do with Nigerian history?

You said so yourself there were POWs right? You are trying to convince me, that the ancient ppl of Nigerian ONLY killed POWs?

Is that your final answer?

Are you also trying to convince me and your fellow Nigerians that a boat load of whites and a few nomaid arabs were that influential they were able to persuade the Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba etc. Ppls/kingdoms to sell their own kind just because?

You really must not view your forefathers in high regards.

Because according to your highly flawed logic, they were weak enough to allow foreigners to get them to sell their own kind...just because...lmao.

Unfortuantely for you, A boatload of whites almost wiped out the Native indians.

You should really think before talking.

Slaves were never a commodity before the arrival of Foriegners. That is a fact.

Althouh, had to confess, the Kings of Benin had a sick fetish of burying their servants alive when they die with them. cry

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:
Look at him nit picking facts to post...smh.

[size=18pt]OVER 30 MILLION AFRICANS were just taken away just like that?

in random raids?[/size]

GTFOH! grin grin

Wait, the same British that colonized a nation of millions more could not ship 12-16 million slaves?

Epic fail.

Keep defending the Europeans. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
^^um the majority of the indians died from European DISEASES..GET IT RIGHT. grin grin

this is insulting not only to me as a descendant of these people but to every african alive.

this is soo sad.

admit your ancestors fcked up for ONCE. They were not victims dude.
Face reality.

Even in those same raids you mentioned, the perps were almost always black. grin
i AM NOT defending europeans. i hope those involved burn in hell for eternity for what they did to my ppl. and i hope the africans who were involved do the same.

i am an advocate and fighter for THE TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by navygrl: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Say what now? Irish were really black?

We all came from Africa at some point, so I can say that I am "really" black as well.

Vikings of Scandinavia tortured their way through many countries, took slaves..as far as I know, they were white a well.
black irish refers to the snow white irish. The fair skin curly or waivy black haired irish. They come from Spain and turkey before that. They were the gaels. They were considered lesser humans since they tend to be large in build and muscle mass and broad faced and featured.they went to war naked and were the only group to best the Romans. They were considered savages. Though blacks share a heritage with them in the past and shared their territory in Europe they are two different groups. I am full blooded black irish
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by navygrl: 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03: WTF is this?

I see people talkingabout white slavery on a Nigerian site as if Nigerians were buying white slaves?

Is this some kind of slavery apologist thingy to suppress the evil of the enslavement of blacks or African slavery?

Yes, Irish were enslaved. Very common knowledge if you bothered to read history. No one is denying that but of what relevance is this to a Nigerian site?

nigerian tribes did buy white Irish slaves mydear
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:
^^um the majority of the indians died from DISEASE..GET IT RIGHT. grin grin

this is insulting not only to me ad a descendant of these people but to every african alive.

this is soo sad.

admit your ancestors fcked up for ONCE. They were not victims dude.
Face reality.

Even in those same raids you mentioned, the perps were almost always black. grin

Lol......Africans were not victims of the European enslavement of Africans? They rushed to the Europeans to sell themselves? You must live in Imaginary land. The natives ran with their brethren in cages as soon as the white men landed on the shores of Delta/Benin/Lagos?
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
navygrl: nigerian tribes did buy white Irish slaves mydear

I give up.

You are clearly smoking something.

What next Nazis were mostly Chinese?

The KKK were black?
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
its amazing how closeminded some folks are.

what is it cute to be a victim all of the time?

evil is evil.

and evil comes in black, white and in between.

Africans were key players in ALL THREE slave trades and profited from them
until they were turned on in the end and conquered.

You sell your fittest men and women who were perfect to "breed" and expect not to get fcked over? lol and then when you do get fcked over YOURE the victims? grin

FOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol......Africans were not victims of the European enslavement of Africans? They rushed to the Europeans to sell themselves? You must live in Imaginary land. The natives ran with their brethren in cages as soon as the white men landed on the shores of Delta/Benin/Lagos?

are you kidding me? grin

the europeans BOWED to african kings and were given permission to stay in various kingdoms long enough to learn the language, customs and even which tribes didn't get along with others. Sure they played on the division - divide and conquer..but it was ALREADY THERE. The Kings/chiefs determined who was to be sold or spared.

THIS IS FACT!!

Stop it man. grin

It was all about power. Your kings sold their own tribesmen AND rivals!!

DENY THAT I DARE YOU! grin
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:
its amazing how closeminded some folks are.

what is it cute to be a victim all of the time?

evil is evil.

and evil comes in black, white and in between.

Africans were key players in ALL THREE slave trades and profited from them
until they were turned on in the end and conquered.

You sell your fittest men and women who were perfect to "breed" and expect not to get fcked over? lol and then when you do get fcked over YOURE the victims? grin

FOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol.......

See Kalis the uncle Tom.

My country Nigeria is currently a backwards place. I wl be the first to admit any wrong that my country does but I will never lie against my country or ancestors.

Kalis, by your logic, Jews were not victims of the Holocaust then because there were Jewish Nazi collaborators.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol.......

See Kalis the uncle Tom.

My country Nigeria is currently a backwards place. I wl be the first to admit any wrong that my country does but I will never lie against my country or ancestors.

Kalis, by your logic, Jews were not victims of the Holocaust then because there were Jewish Nazi collaborators.

Never you come out of your shameless place and call me an uncle tom.

NEVER you do that.

Just because you are too ignorant and thick headed it doesn't mean I don't know history or lack commonsense. No you may not lie ON your ancestors but you are LYING about what they did. And in effort to make their deeds less disgusting you try to make them out to be wusses who were too afraid to fight back? Who just sold their own ONLY because of religion and fear?

Your argument makes no damn sense. A boat load of whites conquered Nigerians and ALL of west africa with no effort, just rolled up and instantly were feared? You're hilarious and ignoramus.

I am embarrassed for even taking you serious. Go read and get a clue.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

are you kidding me? grin

the europeans BOWED to african kings and were given permission to stay in various kingdoms long enough to learn the language, customs and even which tribes didn't get along with others. Sure they played on the division - divide and conquer..but it was ALREADY THERE. The Kings/chiefs determined who was to be sold or spared.

THIS IS FACT!!

Stop it man. grin

It was all about power. Your kings sold their own tribesmen AND rivals!!

DENY THAT I DARE YOU! grin

Yes, the British begged to colonize Nigeria. To control us and give our country an English name Niger + Area = Nigeria.

What are you smoking please?

As for the selling of rivals and enemies, the kings took an opportunity out of a bad situation.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonades
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

Never you come out of your shameless place and call me an uncle tom.

NEVER you do that.

Just because you are too ignorant and thick headed it doesn't mean I don't know history or lack commonsense. No you may not lie ON your ancestors but you are LYING about what they did. And in effort to make their deeds less disgusting you try to make them out to be wusses who were too afraid to fight back? Who just sold their own ONLY because of religion and fear?

Your argument makes no damn sense. A boat load of whites conquered Nigerians and ALL of west africa with no effort, just rolled up and instantly were feared? You're hilarious and ignoramus.

I am embarrassed for even taking you serious. Go read and get a clue.

You do realize that Nigeria was a former colony of britian? Millions of Nigeria controlled by Britian? Forcing their language, religion and traditions upon us? So what is the hard for them to carry away millions of slaves

You must be 2 chromosomes away from being retar.ded.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Imperialism and DIRECT selling of slaves, though related are DIFFERENT in this case.

And even then when the whites did "take over" in Africa it was STILL some Africans who like their ancestors profited on the blood of their own!

Look at what happened in the Congo! Patrice Lumumba was murdered by his own kind simply because he threatened their luxury! Being rich and being in league with the white man.

His story is not unique! It happened ALL over Africa and STILL does why? GREEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!

SO i am not saying EVERY nigerian was evil or involved. I am talking about those who were and had NO problem selling human lives for profit.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03: You must be 2 chromosomes away from being retar.ded.

hediot all it requires is one SINGLE EXTRA chromosome to make a person r3tarded.
having said that YOU should know better than I.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Imperialism and DIRECT selling of slaves, though related are DIFFERENT in this case.

And even then when the whites did "take over" in Africa it was STILL some Africans who like their ancestors profited on the blood of their own!

Look at what happened in the Congo! Patrice Lumumba was murdered by his own kind simply because he threatened their luxury! Being rich and being in league with the white man.

His story is not unique! It happened ALL over Africa why? GREEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!

SO i am not saying EVERY nigerian was evil or involved. I am talking about those who were and had NO problem selling human lives for profit.

So I am not saying that EVERY JEW was evil or involved in catching other Jews to concentration camps. I am talking about those who were and had No problem selling human lives for ranks.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
That is what I have been saying in the beginning.
I said evil comes in ALL colors and that Africans were just as guilty as whites.

And that is the absolute truth.
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
She is allot of things, but she's no Uncle Tom......

1 Like

Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
i am probably the most afro centric person anybody will ever meet.
but i REFUSE to downplay african involvement in the slave trade.

REFUSE!
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:

hediot all it requires is one SINGLE EXTRA chromosome to make a person r3tarded.
having said that YOU should know better than I.

Lol.....sorry for my mistake, you're the expert in s.tupidity!
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2012
*Kails*:
i am probably the most afro centric person anybody will ever meet.
but i REFUSE to downplay african involvement in the slave trade.

REFUSE!

Did I downplay it?

All I said was that slavery was not a commodity before the foriegners came.

You overplayed it.

lol.....are you some Malcom X Nigga or something? grin grin grin
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol.....sorry for my mistake, you're the expert in s.tupidity!

are you implying r3tards are stuupid people?
shame on you. learn to love yourself. tongue
Re: The Hidden History Of White Slavery! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Did I downplay it?

All I said was that slavery was not a commodity before the foriegners came.

You overplayed it.

lol.....are you some Malcom X Nigga or something? grin grin grin

I could never be Malcom X. That man was too great and knowledgeable. I have years worth of education to gain before I could ever reach his level. and btw You need to speak about that brother with more respect.

He had your same iidi0t mentality blaming whites for EVERY black fck up until he searched within himself and realized there is good and bad in every race. That "his kind" is not the black man but the righteous man.

(btw what did the men who assassinated him look like? they sure weren't white!)

At least he knew to admit his fck ups and submit to facts unlike your[sad]self

I didn't over play anything. I brought what many choose to ignore or never knew to the light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

16 Fascinating African Tribal Traditions / Igwe Barr. Kenneth Maduka's Birthday: Dr. Maduka Celebrates His Brother / Tonye Cole Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Travels To UK With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.