Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies (12595 Views)

Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? / Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own / Am Scared To Touch My Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
remmyton: Please house I need ur advice.

Me and my fiance have been together for five years now. In those years, we have had a lot of obstacles and problems, but we have been able to overcome them

Now, there is a bigger problem, I got an admission to study medicine in London, my visa is ready too, I don't trust my fiance to keep faithful while I am away, cos I have always had this feeling that he is not faithful now. But, he has always sworn that since we started dating he has not seen another woman, but I wonder who is chibaby n others on his Whatsapp, I know all his cousins and relatives.

He is one who foot all the expenses of this travel, we are engaged, but all these does not keep my mind at rest, he loves me, I know, I don't understand why I don't trust him, maybe because men are d biggest liars or my emotions are deceiving me cos he is my first love.

I am just confused instead of happy I am going outside to study.

House I am asking for your opinion here, should I date another man while I am in London or should I just be faithful as I have always been. Duration of my stay in London is six to seven years, how do I cope with this feeling.

I hope this makes front page cos I need advice on it, thanks.

MY DEAR I DONT UNDERSTAND, ARE YOU MARRIED TO THIS GUY OR YOU ARE STILL DATING, COS THEY ARE BOTH DIFFERNT THINGS

YOU HAVE ENGAGED HIM, DID YOU HAVE KIDS

IF HE CAN SPONSOR YOU OVERSEAS TO STUDY MEDICINE, HE CAN SPONSOR HIMSELF ASWELL , COS 6YEARS IS NOT MOIMOI,

IS HE BORN AGAIN? EVEN SOME OF THE BORN AGAIN XTIAN DO FALL INTO TEMPTATION WITHIN A YEAR TALK OF 6 YEARS.

IF YOU LOVE HIM AND YOU ARE MARRIED , LIKE DONE TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE , BEFORE YOU LEAVE TALK THINGS OVER WITH HIM, YOU OUPLE SHOUKLD HAVE FOCUSE AND PLAN ON HOW TO RUN THINGS.

FOR HIN TO BE ABLE TO SPONSOR YOU I BELIEV HE IS MATURED ENOF, AND I BELIVE HE LOVES YOU,
COMMUNICATION, COMMITMENT AND TRANSPARENCY IS THE INGREDIENTS
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by hardbody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
some mugu dem still dey respond to this cheap liar caught pants down by the Garri Master
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by EmmyDe25(m): 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
remmyton: do anyone have an idea if I can always come back on holiday? I don't have any idea how it will be.
Of course u can always come. Arrangin a sort-of mariage b4 u jet out wont be a bad idea 2, considerin d fakt dat u guys hv bin 2gda for 5 solid years.
Again, try as much as posible to hv a lil trust in ds guy, if he dosnt have any plans 4u, am sure he wont be footin ur bills, knwin fuly wel dat u can easily cling to sum1 else dwn dia. 5 years of courtshp isnt sumtin u shud just throw into d waste-bin lyk dat. A bird in hand worth more dan 2 in d bush
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
grin
OILOFGLADNESS:

LAUGH WAN KILL ME WITH THIS GRAPHICS

AWUOLAMOOOOOOOO, ABEG I NO FIT CONTROL MY LAUGH

lol i bet that is exactly what he did too when he found that thread. grin
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by osifred(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
you should have just told us you got admission to study in London than creating a thread for this
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 11, 2012
osifred: you should have just told us you got admission to study in London than creating a thread for this

Lol.

Notice op got ghost (never returned) grin
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by alphaomega(m): 5:21am On Apr 14, 2013
chaircover: it is unrealistic to expect either of you to wait 6 or 7 years for you to finish your degree. You may get to London and meet someone just as he may meet someone on his street. . . . but as humans we like complicating things; hence he is the one paying for your travel so that in 4 years time when you decide to marry someone else he will start complaining that he sponsored your education but you dumped him. Life isnt hard, its us humans who make it hard.

If it bothers you so much, you can decide to get married before you go but that still doesn't guarantee no cheating

To be honest, unless he decides to come and join you in the next few years It is unlikely that you are both going to be able to sustain a LDR for 7 years.

you shld b a marriage counsellor
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by andyanders: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
remmyton: Please house I need ur advice.

Me and my fiance have been together for five years now. In those years, we have had a lot of obstacles and problems, but we have been able to overcome them

Now, there is a bigger problem, I got an admission to study medicine in London, my visa is ready too, I don't trust my fiance to keep faithful while I am away, cos I have always had this feeling that he is not faithful now. But, he has always sworn that since we started dating he has not seen another woman, but I wonder who is chibaby n others on his Whatsapp, I know all his cousins and relatives.

He is one who foot all the expenses of this travel, we are engaged, but all these does not keep my mind at rest, he loves me, I know, I don't understand why I don't trust him, maybe because men are d biggest liars or my emotions are deceiving me cos he is my first love.

I am just confused instead of happy I am going outside to study.

House I am asking for your opinion here, should I date another man while I am in London or should I just be faithful as I have always been. Duration of my stay in London is six to seven years, how do I cope with this feeling.

I hope this makes front page cos I need advice on it, thanks.

6 to 7 yr course will surely break up the relationship unless he has to join you. Let us call a spade a spade.
Personally, I am a case file for I dated the lady I loved so much and we planned getting married after her studies.We were together for about 7 yrs.In her first yr, I left for studies too to the US and as a matter of fact, was faced with reality of life in the US which made me to start to try to settle down in between working and schooling and in the process, the distant love started fading as I had to look for a lady to stay with.
At the end, the relationship crashed.

To me, it can never work out unless he's gonna be around there with you and even if he is there with you, I still believe that it might be hard to work out. But you can try sha but I doubt.
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by stede(m): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
@ Op no dey bobo boys jawe...
It damn impossible for any school in the US or UK to grant admission to study medicine and surgery over here. Even if you are a resident, you must have bagged a degree in a paramedical field first from any reputable university here (uk/us).

The best offer you can earn on a studentvisa is a masters or Phd degree Which is minimum of 18months and 36months respectively.

@Op, Next time you are you framing your lies..... Please think with your cerebrum

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
NosaHenry:

If actually you are going to read medicine then you should know why he asked the question about your age.
True and True. She should have known that
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by LastProphet: 4:20am On Jan 07, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I was actually starting to sympathize with you, till I read the bit in blue.

From what you've posted up there, you met your fiancee at 19. You've been together for five years now and you're going to be away for another 6 or 7 years. Meaning you'll be 30 or 31 when you get back. You've also 2 weeks before you travel, meaning if you do decide to get married in that space of time (which I believe would be for all the wrong reasons), it'll be hastily put together ceremony.

What I'm going to tell you right now would be harsh but true. I think you should call off your engagement. 6 or 7 years, especially for a young girl to be celibate is an awfully long time and unrealistic too. You might think you'll be able to remain so, would like to BELIEVE you could do it, but it's highly unlikely. A time would come when you'll fall prey to temptation and you'll be guilt ridden. You'll hate yourself for it and hate him for it too.

You haven't travelled yet, and you're plagued with doubts. It'll be worse when you do travel and not knowing the truth about whether he's faithful to you or not, would make you paranoid. That won't do your relationship any good. If anything, it'll put the relationship under a lot of strain and you may not be able to focus on your studies. That would defeat the whole purpose of your coming over to study in the first place.

My suggestion to you is to free yourselves. If your fiancee is meant to be your soul mate, your life partner, the one you're destined to be with, then it'll happen when you get back. Until then, I think it's best you both sit down, have a serious and REALISTIC heart-to-heart discussion on why you should call the whole thing off.

That's my opinion anyway.
best advice only that she is dependent on the guy so calling it off means there will never even be London in the first place and if there is no London then there is even no need for the call off. men this lady is toast
Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by LastProphet: 4:31am On Jan 07, 2016
I will like you to know that your guy will shine another kongo no matter what you do and you are going to do the exact same thing no matter what he does. in other words am assuring you that you are both going to cheat on each other once you step out of here so please stop distrusting only him

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies by moski5(m): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2016
how did it go with you guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traditional, Church Or Registry: The Right Date For Marriage Anniversary? / Housewife or Working Woman? / Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.