Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group (3814 Views)

Even Sahara Reporters Are Now Feeling The Heat. (pics) / Don’t Give Fashola Appointment,civil Society Group Tells Buhari-PUNCH / Sahara Reporters - Are They Corrupt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Countryman93: 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
ORGANIZATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF NIGERIAN (O.A.N.,Inc)

PRESS RELEASE
The Sahara Reporters' Fallacy

OAN has been inundated with enquiries and expression of concern by its teaming associates, admirers and friends from across the globe regarding the unfortunate report on the Sahara Reporters website which gives the erroneous impression that a purported protest during the 52nd Nigeria Independence DAy CElebration forced the MInister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, to flee the parade and brought the celebration itself to an abrupt end.

Ordinarily, OAN would not engage the likes of Sahara Reporters in any form of discourse, nor dignify their likes with acknowledgement. However, the request for response from well meaning Nigerians and friends of Nigerians has given us the compelling need to react. We wish to restate that the annual Nigerian Independence Day Celebration is the property of the Organization for the Advancement of Nigerian (OAN). It has been an annual event since 1991. OAN is a non-governmental, non-political and non-commercial organization. It is a platform built to create a network for Nigerians from all walks of life to display their Nigerian pride, promote culture, and highlight our positive contributions in the United States.

The Nigerian Independence Day Celebration is just one of the means we employ to reach Nigerian citizens living in the U.S. The 52nd Independence Day Celebration which had Mr. Labaran Maku, the honorable Minister of Information representing President Goodluck Jonathan and the people of Nigeria, was a resounding success that cannot be denied. The event ran from 11 am to 6pm without any disruption.

Regardless of our belief that the government and leadership of Nigeria could be doing more for the people of Nigeria, we still believe that involving representatives of the Government is an effective way for us to get their attention and communicate our concerns to them. Through these means we hope that we would be able to encourage our leaders to adopt more effective strategies for the good of the Nigerian people.

The parade as usual was made up of beautifully decorative floats, financed by corporate and faith based organizations; and cultural and professional associations who join the colorful procession from 54th street on 2nd Avenue to 44th street, followed by street activities which included speeches, cultural dances, and live performances by Nigerian musicians.

At no point was there a disruption of the activities right from the parade starting point on 54th street, to the street activities on 47th street. The pictures posted on the Sahara Reporters site were taken out of context as the nine members of the National Democratic Liberty Forum who are shown in the pictures were just part of the participants in the parade.

For the records, OAN has organized the most effective demonstrations ever outside of Nigeria by any Nigerian Organization. During the annulment of June 12th election, OAN coordinated demonstrations in both New York and Washington DC. Currently, we are working with several organizations to coordinate our efforts in effectively engaging the government to bring about positive and meaningful changes to the lives of our people in Nigeria.

We are by this statement, disassociating the Organization for the Advancement of Nigeria from the Sahara Reporters story and emphatically state "There is no iota of truth in the report". It is at best, a calculated attempt by Sahara Reporters to gain cheap publicity on the coattail of a very successful celebration.

We assure our friends, associates and admirers that the ideals of OAN will never be railroaded or distracted by innuendos and shenanigans by the likes of Sahara Reporters. We shall neither falter nor fail.

Long live OAN! Long live the people Nigeria! Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria!

For more information about OAN visit www.oanweb.org

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Bukkyade: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
grin grin grin grin finally, SAHARA don go price market. They have been lying all along but it appears this one is going to hook them on the neck.
I have been wondering how they manage to manipulate half truths and package it for sale. It's too much.
Everyday they keep deceiving people with news emanating from unconfirmed sources. SAHARAREPORTERS never gets to disclose the source of their information or quote real existing humans. The deception is too much.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Puntae: 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
A well couched response to the foul and mis-representation so aired by the so called Sahara Reporters; through their fake and un-verified news, did stir an uproar among good citizens of Nigeria.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Zutchy: 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
Check out,this is really getting interesting,seems to me like Sahara eporters have actually bitten more than they can chew this time around,but what I don't get is what exactly do they aim to achieve by launching this campaign of blackmail and mud slinging,but this is going too far,like seriously.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Dpeacemaker101: 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
I have been saying this thing about Sahara reporters and no ne believed me, now the truth is coming out and I thank God someone is reading them. Why would a site that is suppose to lead people to the truth and update of what is really happening be gving false stories and imagining things in their heads. My people don't be misled by this rumour mongers oo.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by jmaine: 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
[size=14pt] . . . .They were prolly deceived by their paid protesters after failing to get the job done. .

Money paid is non refundable
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Puntae: 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
Bukkyade: grin grin grin grin finally, SAHARA don go price market. They have been lieing all along but it appears this one is going to hook them on the neck.
I have been wondering how they manage to manipulate half truths and package it for sale. It's too much.
Everyday they keep deceiving people with news emanating from unconfirmed sources. SAHARAREPORTERS never gets to disclose the source of their information or quote real existing humans. The deception is too much.
I guess their source is a spirit being...LOL!!!
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Mallamabdul: 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
Kia, these Sahara liers with their fake gossip and rumors, they have brought themselves out and shame will surely be theirs. They don't confirm any news before reporting, all are based on "hear say" God don catch them for this one.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by ubandire(m): 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Have I not been vindicated?yesterday when I saw the rubbish SR released about the hon minister abandoning USA cos of the protests I hurriedly countered it cos I had seen pictures and clips of the very successful parade held in new York.

SR for stating the obvious is an enemy of democracy having vowed with his military friends to destabilise democracy at it's nascent days,SR's lies if chronicled cn be the best selling LIE book of our time,hw would some folks throw integrity to the winds and become sooooo economic with the truth?if not for purely selfish purpose.

Is it not this same SR that has this timeline over the First Lady's health:
Fl has been flown abroad for food poisoning
Fl has ruptured appendicitis
Fl had cosmetic surgery gone bad
Fl has Parkinson's disease
Fl has cancer of the uterus
Aides of the Fl have been ordered to leave their hotel accommodation in preparation to the departure of Fl to Nigeria
First lady has been discharged and has checked into a very luxurious hotel in Germany
German doctors say Fl has not been discharged.

Haba Sahara Liars!there's no one unless the blind and wicked antagonists,who has seen the pix of this parade in New York that didn't agree it was a vey successful parade.Good a thing the organisers have come out openly to counter SR on this lie,it is now for everyone of us to advise ourselves on the integrity of this desperadoes,as for me I regret ever considering their malicious and callous lies.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Gorillaunit: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
This is really messed up, Sahara liers should be banned from even existing, cos they are full of bs and so much lies
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Mallamabdul: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
I'm not surprised by their lies. I lost hope in them when they exclusively reported that First lady Patience Jonathan is behind the Dana air crash.
They lied that the airspace was blocked due to the first lady's presence at the airport. It turned out to be a wicked lie. None of such happened. I read Simon Kolwawole's piece on bacpage of Sunday THISDAY few days later and he made mockery of that fallacious story by Saharareporters.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Elueme: 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
OAN has been inundated with enquiries and expression of concern by its teaming associates, admirers and friends from across the globe regarding the unfortunate report on the Sahara Reporters website which gives the erroneous impression that a purported protest during the 52nd Nigeria Independence DAy CElebration forced the MInister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, to flee the parade and brought the celebration itself to an abrupt end.

Ordinarily, OAN would not engage the likes of Sahara Reporters in any form of discourse, nor dignify their likes with acknowledgement. However, the request for response from well meaning Nigerians and friends of Nigerians has given us the compelling need to react. We wish to restate that the annual Nigerian Independence Day Celebration is the property of the Organization for the Advancement of Nigerian (OAN). It has been an annual event since 1991. OAN is a non-governmental, non-political and non-commercial organization. It is a platform built to create a network for Nigerians from all walks of life to display their Nigerian pride, promote culture, and highlight our positive contributions in the United States.

The Nigerian Independence Day Celebration is just one of the means we employ to reach Nigerian citizens living in the U.S. The 52nd Independence Day Celebration which had Mr. Labaran Maku, the honorable Minister of Information representing President Goodluck Jonathan and the people of Nigeria, was a resounding success that cannot be denied. The event ran from 11 am to 6pm without any disruption.

Regardless of our belief that the government and leadership of Nigeria could be doing more for the people of Nigeria, we still believe that involving representatives of the Government is an neffective way for us to get their attention and communicate our concerns to them. Through these means we hope that we would be able to encourage our leaders to adopt more effective strategies for the good of the Nigerian people.

The parade as usual was made up of beautifully decorative floats, financed by corporate and faith based organizations; and cultural and professional associations who join the colorful procession from 54th street on 2nd Avenue to 44th street, followed by street activities which included speeches, cultural dances, and live performances by Nigerian musicians.

At no point was there a disruption of the activities right from the parade starting point on 54th street, to the street activities on 47th street. The pictures posted on the Sahara Reporters site were taken out of context as the nine members of the National Democratic Liberty Forum who are shown in the pictures were just part of the participants in the parade.

For the records, OAN has organized the most effective demonstrations ever outside of Nigeria by any Nigerian Organization. During the annulment of June 12th election, OAN coordinated demonstrations in both New York and Washington DC. Currently, we are working with several organizations to coordinate our efforts in effectively engaging the government to bring about positive and meaningful changes to the lives of our people in Nigeria.

We are by this statement, disassociating the Organization for the Advancement of Nigeria from the Sahara Reporters story and emphatically state "There is no iota of truth in the report". It is at best, a calculated attempt by Sahara Reporters to gain cheap publicity on the coattail of a very successful celebration.

We assure our friends, associates and admirers that the ideals of OAN will never be railroaded or distracted by innuendos and shenanigans by the likes of Sahara Reporters. We shall neither falter nor fail.

Long live OAN! Long live the people Nigeria! Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Arobam: 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
ubandire: Have I not been vindicated?yesterday when I saw the rubbish SR released about the hon minister abandoning USA cos of the protests I hurriedly countered it cos I had seen pictures and clips of the very successful parade held in new York.

SR for stating the obvious is an enemy of democracy having vowed with his military friends to destabilise democracy at it's nascent days,SR's lies if chronicled cn be the best selling LIE book of our time,hw would some folks throw integrity to the winds and become sooooo economic with the truth?if not for purely selfish purpose.

Aides of the Fl have been ordered to leave their hotel accommodation in preparation to the departure of Fl to Nigeria
First lady has been discharged and has checked into a very luxurious hotel in Germany
German doctors say Fl has not been discharged

Haba Sahara Liars!there's no one unless the blind and wicked antagonists,who has seen the pix of this parade in New York that didn't agree it was a vey successful parade.Good a thing the organisers have come out openly to counter SR on this lie,it is now for everyone of us to advise ourselves on the integrity of this desperadoes,as for me I regret ever considering their malicious and callous lies.

@ the bolded. Dossier of lies grin
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Elueme: 11:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
Elueme:

Regardless of our belief that the government and leadership of Nigeria could be doing more for the people of Nigeria, we still believe that involving representatives of the Government is an neffective way for us to get their attention and communicate our concerns to them. Through these means we hope that we would be able to encourage our leaders to adopt more effective strategies for the good of the Nigerian people.

The bolded clearly defines the difference between constructive criticism and criticism with much bias and partisanship as seen with Sahara reporters. In my earlier post on this subject, I have said that Sahara reporters are overestimating their popularity ratings. If only they know that they are nothing but stench, known for spurious reporting, they would have threaded with caution this time. They have mesmerized themselves and shame to them for being overzealous.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Vogue50: 11:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
Colorful outing ! It's obvious that Sahara reporters are bloody liars parading themselves as journalists ! You people must not lie in order to eke out a living .Poor fellas !
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Mekusnwa: 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
jmaine: [size=14pt] . . . .They were prolly deceived by their paid protesters after failing to get the job done. .

Money paid is non refundable
[/size]

Bros, grin grin grin grin grin grin laugh wan scatter my BB. the money wey Sahara reporters pay them don loss be dat. grin grin grin
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Dollarman101: 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
So una still dey visit Sahara reporters website after all the lies? I knew that karma will catch up with them some day, and they reported trash about the first lady. I knew that someone was paying for all those fake stories they put up on their site. I thought there were standard ethics in reporting stories by journalists and news agencies?SAHARA REPORTER is a big failure and I can't associate myself with them or their fake stories.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by jmaine: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
Mekusnwa:

Bros, grin grin grin grin grin grin laugh wan scatter my BB. the money wey Sahara reporters pay them don loss be dat. grin grin grin

Na offside dem blow for Sahara-Liars . . . .Boys don dupe them cheesy . . . . .

#Jonzing-level
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Louis88: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
But like seriously am surprised at all you guys,is it today that you people got to know that Sahara reporters know how to publish unconfirmed stories,It seems like the money paid to omOyele sowore to blackmail this govt and so in extension this country's international image is so huge that he just sanctioned his writers and reporters to just make up any fallacy and publish.the painfully part is that some individuals will not know that they are beign purposefully deceived,and they will still believe anything they read on that web page.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by uzomagic(m): 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
mtcheeeew! Vists thread....sees Saharareporters and lies trending. Nothing new...I'm off. lipsrsealed
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Mandelaguy(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
ubandire: Have I not been vindicated?yesterday when I saw the rubbish SR released about the hon minister abandoning USA cos of the protests I hurriedly countered it cos I had seen pictures and clips of the very successful parade held in new York.

check my posts on this bunch of thwarted liars called Sahara reporters, I have always shouted about their lies and fought against those that value their prints as if it was the holy Bible or holy Quran. Now, time is proving my likes right. Time is telling everyone tha some of those labelled as 40 laptop crew were actually standing n the path of truth and coud sniff liars from 10 miles. Saliars Retwisters at work, digging their own grave and spelling their doom.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Vogue50: 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2012

it's simply obvious that they have been payed to propagate falsehood against the present administration. They have to do what they know best ; embarking on a lying spree !
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Nonnyz: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
Kpangolo cigar, baba dudu jomo, ti o ba jomo, a je pe iwo lo j'eba j'eba to fi soo... Finally, SR, you ve been caught in the act, ur fart is indeed now smelling!
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Pupita(f): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
Now, the liars are exposing themselves. Must you spread lies to get Internet hits? Shame on all who has thrown Sahara reporters at our faces each time here is an arguement or national issue of discuss. This has rubbished the remaining reputations of the few idiots that kept hammering us with Sahara Liars said this,Sahara liars said that.....they attacked us with impunity and even tried intimidating us. I have been on self imposed leave,now,I am back and it is fire for fire for all them liars. And in the parlance of Rastafarians, "chase dam rabbers outta town,fire burn dem Babylonians" Sahara reporters- a bunch of clueless clowns.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Naijagunner83: 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
I saw the story posted on saharareporters website. *SMH
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Captainajama: 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pupita: Now, the liars are exposing themselves. Must you spread lies to get Internet hits? Shame on all who has thrown Sahara reporters at our faces each time here is an arguement or national issue of discuss. This has rubbished the remaining reputations of the few idiots that kept hammering us with Sahara Liars said this,Sahara liars said that.....they attacked us with impunity and even tried intimidating us. I have been on self imposed leave,now,I am back and it is fire for fire for all them liars. And in the parlance of Rastafarians, "chase dam rabbers outta town,fire burn dem Babylonians" Sahara reporters- a bunch of clueless clowns.
Pupita, you will not kill me today. Yeah,someone like Dedeike and MANDELAGUY kept warning us about these bunch of liars,they demystified them for those of us capable of discerning the truth,it's a shame that when beaf was shouting,he was almost the lone voice in the wilderness, now we know those that are credible. Like I said sometime ago, I can sit in my house and concort lies and spread it on the Internet,these days that threads go viral without established evidence. All the lies the printed against GEJ and his govt has come crashing down on them, this time,they bit more Han they could chew. I for one,will not rest till I see them brought to disrepute and tender unreserved apologies to Nigerians for all the lies they have fed us with. Sahara ko,Sahara ni !
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Naijagunner83: 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2012
This only further strengthens my conviction that Sahara Reporters are just a factory for the propagation of falsehood, lies and half truths. I think that even as the name implies, like, the dry Sahara is sparsely vegetated, so is truth a rare quality on saharareporters.com. Shame!
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Mandelaguy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2012
Captainajama: Pupita, you will not kill me today. Yeah,someone like Dedeike and MANDELAGUY kept warning us about these bunch of liars,they demystified them for those of us capable of discerning the truth,it's a shame that when beaf was shouting,he was almost the lone voice in the wilderness, now we know those that are credible. Like I said sometime ago, I can sit in my house and concort lies and spread it on the Internet,these days that threads go viral without established evidence. All the lies the printed against GEJ and his govt has come crashing down on them, this time,they bit more Han they could chew. I for one,will not rest till I see them brought to disrepute and tender unreserved apologies to Nigerians for all the lies they have fed us with. Sahara ko,Sahara ni !
wait a minute, I think it is time to go through old threads and bring out all the lies these bunch of cowards threw at us in the past. Now, is the time to attack and chase away all peddlers of falsehood,bent on bringing Nigeria down.
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Pupita(f): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2012
Is that not Maku I saw in those pictures,are those people not Nigerians and the ambassador there? Sahara reporters don shit for church,see as people de run leave morning mass. grin
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by Mandelaguy(m): 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
In my village, there is a saying that you cannot hide pregnancy with your hands.......Sahara desert is very hot o!
Re: Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group by TrueNaijaguy: 6:05am On Oct 10, 2012
Its becoming more embarrinssing for Sahara Reporters going by the reports about their bias, incompetence and lack of proffessionalism and dedication to their duties but i will like us to thread with caution.

Yes, a lot of credible persons/organisations have come out with facts branding SH as liars on so many issues in recent past but it will be better if we hear what they (Sahara Reporters) have to say about this press release, that way they will be crucified the more if no credible exlanation is made or they will be vindicated if they can show us facts both in picture and otherwise that their claims indeed happened.

Sahara Reporters over to you guys, this might be your last chance to save your already declining image.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

: DISGRACE! Nigerian House Of Reps Fight Over Rebelling Governors [vid + Photos] / Tinubu Has Done It Again! !! / How Lagos State Looked 50 Years Ago (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.