Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,829 members, 7,956,144 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

Can There Be Love Without Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can There Be Love Without Money? (15406 Views)

5 Ways To Make Love (without Having Sex) / Sustaining Relationships Without Money / Is There Really Love Without Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can There Be Love Without Money? by buzu84: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2012
Hi Pips,
I just had a funny discussion with my colleagues, Money and Love....people are saying in this age it's Money that oils the love, if you've got no money you are jonzing....and i quite agree though.....even the poor man that pushes a wheelbarrow still tries to take care of his partner with the little he makes. so my take is it's difficult to get love without money.

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:10am On Oct 12, 2012
Money rules every thing including LOVE.
The only difference is that ur money will buy u the love it can afford.

*An okada rider can never date an oil big lady NEVER.

3 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 12, 2012
you cannot buy love with money. you can buy a woman but not love.
if a woman truly loves you, she'll also love you when you're broke.
if she loves your money then test what happens when it's gone wink

but many guys don't mind.

3 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 12, 2012
You cannot have a relationship based solely on love. It doesn't work out that way. Things get in the way and money is a major issue. How well you get along with someone is important. So is how you feel deep inside you about the other person. It won't be enough to get you through though. You have to have money in order to survive.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2012
~vicky~:
You cannot have a relationship based solely on love. It doesn't work out that way. Things get in the way and money is a major issue. How well you get along with someone is important. So is how you feel deep inside you about the other person. It won't be enough to get you through though. You have to have money in order to survive.

you need money to live. simple! alone or in a relationship. it goes without saying.
still, life can be cruel and if you for some reason lose everything, the partner who truly loves you will be there and help you out. and I wish everybody to have this kind of a partner.

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by mataz(f): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2012
Yes the can when me and my man started we had nothing

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2012
carefreewannabe:

you need money to live. simple! alone or in a relationship. it goes without saying.
still, life can be cruel and if you for some reason lose everything, the partner who truly loves you will be there and help you out. and I wish everybody to have this kind of a partner.

yeah life can be cruel, but yet money plays an important role
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 12, 2012
mataz: Yes the can when me and my man started we had nothing

thank you for this contribution.
when my grandparents got married, they were almost poor.
they made it together. their children lacked nothing. and my grandparents have been married for 51 yrs now. I love and respect them so much. and I thank them for all the love they have given our family. that's why I value love more than money. and that's how I know that money can't buy love. I know I sound romatic and all kitschy but I like it grin

3 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:08am On Oct 12, 2012
~vicky~:

[/color]well spoken dear !
Infact I'm already in love with u.
I personally have this philosophy that if a man doesn't have money (NOT BEING A BELLIONAIRE O) he shouldn't go close to a lady.
It is very wicked for a man to trap a lady in his poverty web.
Any man that does it doesn't love the lady. [color=#006600][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by mataz(f): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2012
carefreewannabe:

they made it together. their children lacked nothing. and my grandparents have been married for 51 yrs now. I love and respect them so much. and I thank them for all the love they have given our family. that's why I value love more than money. and that's how I know that money can't buy love. I know I sound romatic and all kitschy but I like it grin
when u are in love with some one nothing really matters people can say what they want but when u really love some one u give your all to be with tham and resist all temptations because there are a lot bilive me
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by achinaboy(m): 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
Vickey is living in nthe real world, God bless you for your contribution
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by kokoye(m): 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
Money may not be able to buy love...but it sure helps in sustaining it.

3 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Pharoh: 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
kokoye: Money may not be able to buy love...but it sure helps in sustaining it.

Same conclusion from the last debate held in the romance section i think.
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by pingo(m): 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2012
Yes, for a while and when facts begin to appear! love fades/zoom.

Breakdown! A lady could be in serious love with a guy from their school days, if the guy is very intelligent because she believed the guy is a prospect that would surely make it after school. When the guy finishes and couldnt get a job for some years she will zoom cos she needs to be taken care of. u know, Mary Kay, Givenchy, Brazillian etc.!!!

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by cindyrella(f): 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
Well said
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by misreal(m): 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
)I totally agree with evwibodies view on dz bt i av to say it dpends on d mind of d individuals in love.Love nids a little money to grow bt love cud b so overwelmin dat u might nt mind weda d guy get money or nt.My advice to d ladies is NEVA DATE A GUY DAT HAS NO PLAN FOR HIS FUTURE OR ELSE U WILL ALWAYS FIND URSEF IN HIS PAST.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Chomzy19(f): 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2012
mataz: Yes the can when me and my man started we had nothing
u hd nufin doses dt mean u starved, cos if u had 'nothing' u'd b both dead nw. simply put: money oils lyf n evrytin in it
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
Why is this even a subject of discussion. . .knowing that it is such a blatant truism?
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by lacasa: 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
@Op

Not with this generation of Naija girls grin

Brazilian hair tinz naa grin grin grin
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Chomzy19(f): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
carefreewannabe:

yes, bt they were both 'almost poor' so his money bought him d luv @ his grade' a poor man surely cn date a girl of his class
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by honeric01(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2012

Contradiction, how can money sustain the same love you said it can't buy?

My take: Money can replace love for as long as the money is there, but once it reduces or the woman has had enough, then you lose.

I have seen cases where the woman was spoilt with alot of money, she built houses from it and established a business from the money, when she was okay, she left the man and got herself someone she believed she loved.

Haven't you people also heard of stories where a woman collects from a man and spend it on another man?

Only fools think they can buy love with money because your money is just like a "make-up" on the woman, at night, she simply washes it off and goes to bed with her real face.

5 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by claremont(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
An ideal scenario will be when both parties in the relationship have decent jobs, they can then split whatever bills they incur equally. I hate the idea of one party being the sole breadwinner while the other party makes little or no financial contribution.

Culturally, it is an African thing for love to be translated to mean how much a man is willing to give to his lady from his earnings. The more he gives her, the more he supposedly loves her. In most modern countries outside Africa, a female will consider it an insult for her partner to give her money.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by 299: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
In my opinion, their's ALWAYS a price to pay for love. For mr/miss A, that price might be money. That means the person seeking his/her love must be rich before he/she gives his/her love to him/her. While mr/miss B price for love might be good looks. For another person, it can even be intelligence, humour,etc...so, it's an individual thing. Bottom line: yes, love can work without money as long as the price to pay is something else, not money

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Abujafood: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
Yes Naw, when you're hungry just say "baby you know money is not everything"! When the landlord threatens to throw your things out tell her "baby love will see us through" When it's time to pay for ante natal say "baby think of the love we share, it will keep you". When it's time to pay school fees just say "Baby God loves us"

Of course love without money works well. Make sure you fall in love and in abject poverty, then you'll understand what I mean!

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Abujafood: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
Rooneyboy: Money rules every thing including LOVE.
The only difference is that ur money will buy u the love it can afford.

*An okada rider can never date an oil big lady NEVER.

Take that back *because you're not all "oil big girls"*
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by ayolinger(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2012
Money can't buy love, it can only sustain the individuals co-existence, when there's money they both would be comfortable and that comfort may reflect on how much they grow strong in love(in some case)...Again it shouldn't be mistaken for happiness, cos Happiness is Spiritual and it goes a long way with connection to a man's state of mind in which his physical man must be at peace with the inner man and with so doing, he would be happy and also would be able to give out love and create room for it being returned.

Money can neither buy love or happiness, but it sure can sustain the individuals by providing comfort and when you can give a woman comfort, you'd have her support and attention which i believe almost all men want.
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by michealDN(m): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
Abujafood:

Abujafood:

Abujafood:

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by tslimpez(f): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
Yes! My current boyfriend doesn't hAve a job.....we've dated for a year plus now And I still love him..I know d future is bright. So money can't buy love.money cAn only buy trouble
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by deletrue: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
lacasa: @Op

Not with this generation of Naija girls grin

Brazilian hair tinz naa grin grin grin
you have said it all. Which naija girl go follow poor man? Unless such girl is actually warned out after seroius search for guys failed many times.
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by reephat(f): 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2012
My contribution is money does not really matters when Ɣ☺ΰ are still courting, but eventuall if Ɣ☺ΰ got Your self pregnant money is very very important. Dats ‎​Ψђƺя̲̅ƺ ull know if a woman is suffering it may not show during courtship but when Ɣ☺ΰ are 2gether it W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅̄ll.
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
I am allergic to broke girls. Even if she is a lil bit broke, her family must be well to do and she must have good prospect and be ambitious. Asides that, piss offff!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End Time! Girl Upload Half Unclad Pictures On Facebook (photos) / After Sleeping with me, See what my boyfriend is Saying about me (pics) / Photo Of The Day: Valentine Blues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.