Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,917 members, 7,952,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? (1736 Views)

Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? / Living Together Before Marriage– A Good Idea? / Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Mate, Is It A Good Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by victorian(f): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
Hello guys and babes, am here again but unsure undecided... my employees, two females want to matchmake me with, one her elder brother who is single and wants a good wife and the other her uncle whose wife died after one yr of marriage through natural causes and he has been wary of women... they introduced them to me , on different occassions in the guise of consulting. Then later, they both came to me differently that their brother and uncle like me and will i please think abt dating them. the two of them do not know they asking me of the same request. Although, I like the uncle of the 2nd one, but is it ok? undecided
i feel abit shy, sha for my workers to get a guy in their family to marry me....is right ?...pls matured answers, abeg.
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by Beync(f): 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2012
you must have been of good character for them to recommend you for their relatives, that's good for you.
what if you get to know the two of them better may be by being friends before you can say yes to either of them?
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by victorian(f): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
@ beync, without blowing my trumpet, i can be too good to be true..but am shy...as if i cant make right choices in guys that come to me...hmmm, i even told the 2nd lady that i hope she wont laugh at me , that av fallen for her uncle if we start dating and i agree to marry him. She just shook her head and said, nope with a straightface, that its life, for such things like this to happen...i intend seeing them this week, separately as friends, ask them questions and see how it goes..
please wish me luck...cos i need it, phew!
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
Get to know the person very well.Its not as easy as that
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by victorian(f): 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
@olas2u, i sure know its not easy getting to know one well... i will also ask my workers more personal questions, abt them... i hope to God, they tell me the truth.
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by Beync(f): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
victorian: @ beync, without blowing my trumpet, i can be too good to be true..but am shy...as if i cant make right choices in guys that come to me...hmmm, i even told the 2nd lady that i hope she wont laugh at me , that av fallen for her uncle if we start dating and i agree to marry him. She just shook her head and said, nope with a straightface, that its life, for such things like this to happen...i intend seeing them this week, separately as friends, ask them questions and see how it goes..
i wish you the best, you'll make the right choice this time around.
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by 190: 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
how dare they matchmake you with 190 without informing me angry angry

these my sisters ehen!! angry angry
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by victorian(f): 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
thanks Beync, oh i definitely will...cant be too careful , though...so its ok to date and possibly marry one of them if i eventually like what i see?...its some how, sha...this is the first for me, though... i blush seriously for weeks in my office, if i end up with one...Baba God, na your hand i dey o.
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
Slow down, you dey run speed.
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by victorian(f): 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
run speed?..pls how?
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by djojo(m): 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
@OP Ŋo̶̷̩̥̊͡ big deal abt it but U̶̲̥̅̊ av to make thorough research abt both of them before making U̶̲̥̅̊® decision
I did it for my uncle and it work out well, only that he never wait to tight the knock before he passed away
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
Very very wrong!
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
victorian: run speed?..pls how?

Your optimism is commendable. However, it may be your undoing. How can you be thinking of marriage with someone you barely know?

Take one step at a time. Acquaintance ==> Friendship ==> Dating ==> Marriage. I believe you'd think more clearly following a well defined pattern.

1 Like

Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by P406: 10:48am On Oct 14, 2012
victorian: @ beync, without blowing my trumpet, i can be too good to be true..but am shy...as if i cant make right choices in guys that come to me...hmmm, i even told the 2nd lady that i hope she wont laugh at me , that av fallen for her uncle if we start dating and i agree to marry him. She just shook her head and said, nope with a straightface, that its life, for such things like this to happen...i intend seeing them this week, separately as friends, ask them questions and see how it goes..

congratulations..
but again me thinks you aught to take it real slow
the part about the straight face got me really worried cos that to me, was meant to deceive, its not a normal respond from one that is match-making
when it appears to be working.I you ought to be particularly watchful cos since these match -makers work for you they probably know or have an idea of your money situation.
My question then is , what's in it for them ?

Again good for you but handle this the way you handle your business.
all the very best.
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by obicentlis: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
@Op, how old are you?
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by Exclibur(m): 6:52am On Nov 17, 2012
OP, y°u must be of gud character for 2 of Yøur workmates to be trying to matchmake y°u wit people close to them so kudos to y°u.
My advice is get to know them first. Don't rush and don't put it in Yøur mind that it must end up in marriage. Above all else, pray to God for leading and direction cuz marriage isn't child's play. I wish y°u the very best.
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by Mynd44: 8:28am On Nov 17, 2012
@OP, as long as you are okay with it, no wahala
Re: Am Being Match-maked, Is It A Good Idea? by dmcdad: 11:11am On Nov 17, 2012
victorian: Hello guys and babes, am here again but unsure undecided... my employees, two females want to matchmake me with, one her elder brother who is single and wants a good wife and the other her uncle whose wife died after one yr of marriage through natural causes and he has been wary of women... they introduced them to me , on different occassions in the guise of consulting. Then later, they both came to me differently that their brother and uncle like me and will i please think abt dating them. the two of them do not know they asking me of the same request. Although, I like the uncle of the 2nd one, but is it ok? undecided
i feel abit shy, sha for my workers to get a guy in their family to marry me....is right ?...pls matured answers, abeg.

My dear there is nothing wrong with it at all.. There are different ways we are meant to meet the ones we will eventually spend the rest of our lives with. There is no special route or place or wherever and however we are meant to meet live partners. You should be glad. The fact that these gurls are wanting to hook you up with their family members means alot to your reputation and it means they know you to be the perfect type for their sibling or whoever. Actaully we all have flaws so its accepted when you say you aint really as perfect as one may think. Anywayz, try as much as you can to get to know them in-toto (that is individually) and choose wisely.. Wish you all the best...

(1) (Reply)

A Word For This Girl / Tips On How To Sweep A Girl Off Her Feet / I Cheated On My Husband And I Feel Great About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.