Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood (26669 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies / Grammatical Errors In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by EmmaUG: 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
translation my foot.and the production was in hurry dat they 4got d edition part,
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Ramcie(f): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
lola.luv:

My dear, na so we see am....
Nowadays, that's the typical happening. Get preggies, then rush a walk down the aisle. SMH! undecided undecided
quite sad my sister. People don't always practice what they preach and it's even more annoying when the "so called" religious leaders who shouldn't condone such are still the ones conducting the marriage ceremony sad
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
[size=24pt]I HAVE DEAD OOOO!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by aieromon(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
These subtitles are worse than the Chinese versions.

So many pragnancies in these flicks. . . .I have no more word to alter.

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
amosy007:
igbos dnt translate becoz they speak english buh dey gbagaun more than these ..

This translation goes on noticed sometimes buh d spoken gbagauns are always obvious
na wa o!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
grin grin
Poor translations sha...
If you know the number of gbagauns recorded on NL daily you will weep... I can't help but wonder what some Nlanders smoke

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Iaz93: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
HahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahaHahhahahahaahhahahahhahahhahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahaha ... See BULLETS... Iyaf dead oh

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by sindyko(m): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
Maleeq: hahahaha....this thread is make me laughter alot! grin

See anoda (gbagauns)

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by sophy09: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
grin
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by iwanchop(m): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
Poster is wickeding us by expose our English in publics now i feeling ashaming?

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Kslib(m): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
Omo,na this type of engrish dey charge low battery.. What da eeefffff!!!!

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
oº°˚! Abasi Mbok!! Dah, this people don kill me with laff!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by benedictjohn(m): 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
9ja na real disgrace....sha I still love 9ja

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by sindyko(m): 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
aieromon: These subtitles are worse than the Chinese versions.

So many pragnancies in these flicks. . . .I have no more word to ALTER.

Another ERREOUS

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Havilah93(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
oøoooo boy!,....laff don crack my rib o...
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by LORDEST(m): 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
9jii.:
Hahaha this is very shy thing.
But I not blame them coz nobody is about mistake.
ABOUT MISTAKE INDEED!!

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by daptop(m): 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
swiftycool: .
the play dat we play......ahahhahahahhahahaaahahhaha...can't stop laughn here grin

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by niggadee(m): 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
what happened to our native language ? everyone in africa now worshipping colonail masters language like god..people are so fcking brain washed to believe speaking english make someone superior..retarded nigga
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by daptop(m): 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
swiftycool:
chai THINGS DON FALL APART OOOO...don't dey edit dis films....God knows wen we will get better
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by azpekuliar: 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
..Akin, last time I came here, the play that we play cause my pregnanf, that is why...

^^
Of the lot, this one got me reeling with laughter most.. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by deshclones(m): 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lol
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by ayokenny37(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
Can't stop laughing
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by rodeo0070(m): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2012

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Goldenheart(m): 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2012
Pregnant every where....ki lo de!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by naturalwaves: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
I came across a funny translation too but I don't have the pic here.

LADY : Good morning.
RESPONSE : What if I did not good morning.
The response was a direct translation from Yoruba to English language. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Jarus(m): 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
The roof no be careful, the roof fall (aja o fura, aja ja) grin

The unintentional gbagauns in the sub-titles are actually funnier than the intentional comic of the film itself cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by jideolasoji(m): 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
lol... jokes doesnt get mi dis much... yoruba movies ur da best
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by papaejima1: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
swiftycool: Its no news that our first lady has really made many people laugh due to her poor articulation of English Language, however our entertainment industry (Nollywood) seems to have overtaken madam Patience by miles in this area with their breadth taking[/color] "gbagauns" especially when shown in subtitles. This is more alarming when you realise that all these videos from Nollywood are being broadcast all over the world.

Perhaps it would help a lot if producers can just try to get people who can at least translate for them in proper English and stop this embarrasment

I was able to get some snap shots[color=#990000]
of hillarious[color=#990000][/color] "gbagaun" subtitled scenes in some Nollywood movies.
Enjoy:

http://thekushchronicles..co.uk/2012/10/the-gbagauns-of-nollywood.html?m=1

The OP committed the WORST "gbagauns" with the bolded.
Is your spellchecker dead?
Breathtaking not breadth taking undecided
[b]Snapshots [/b]not snap shots undecided
[b]Hilarious [/b]not hillarious. undecided
Omo,I ring bell for you-o, gbagaun, gbagaun,gbagauuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by juman(m): 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
The standard of translation is going down. It was not like that before.

The film industry is just trying to survive.

So what is the solution to our numerous and uncountable problems in this country??
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by ocelot2006(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
omo-nla:
Lol

LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy !!! Oh boy eh!!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by ocelot2006(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
Seun shaGARRI: [size=24pt]I HAVE DEAD OOOO!!![/size]

Mehn..gbagaun-induced gbagaun grin !!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by EzePromoe: 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
This things are making me and laughing and laughing. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija S4 Winner, Mercy Eke, Endorses S6 Housemate, Maria / BBNaija: Debbie-Rise Evicted From The Big Brother House / BBNaija: Lolu Apologises To Anto For Breaking Her Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.