Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood (26656 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies / Grammatical Errors In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by tribalism(m): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2012
swiftycool:

Hahahahahaha grin cheesy grin grin
I so love that your picture depiction of a blocked! Can I borrow it please smiley
Its a free world.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Tbright: 7:14am On Oct 17, 2012
Why not boyfriend mi to wa ni house of president.lwkmd!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by gidiMonsta(m): 7:45am On Oct 17, 2012
Didn't the NFVCB censor these movies?

Y'all laughing rather than finding a solution to this menace. It's so embarrassing that we have graduates of linguistics, English, French and other foreign languages roaming the streets searching for jobs and Nollywood keeps churning out this ludicrous trash everyday.

Nollywood is really a big job market for these graduates; Nigerian movies should be well subtitled (even the ones shot in English) in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese since there's such a huge market for them already in Africa. These are some of the things the government should look at not dashing people millions of dollars to 'boost the entertainment industry'.

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by mapet: 7:53am On Oct 17, 2012
mee too, try 3rd world country movies, Chineese translations on pirated movies and some west and east African movies as well
afam4eva: I've seen some worse subtitles than this. Even in some Indian movies.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by born2boink(m): 8:06am On Oct 17, 2012
They should have been some thorough monitoring, thank God nairaland has exposed, maybe they will do something about it , Na from nairaland Naija war go star
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by realsammie(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2012
sometimes most of these mistakes are typographical error and we should also remember that English language is not our mother tongue. Even prof. WOLE SOYINKA can not boast of knowing it all in English language.
. MY EYE IS PUSHING ME.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by komek(m): 9:38am On Oct 17, 2012
Ramcie: Hehe! cheesy cheesy .yoruba movies are very interesting just the translation that kills it . What baffles me the most is that, in virtually all the Yoruba movies I've watched, a girl always gets pregnant outside wedlock. There is always " Mo ti loyun " am sure I didn't get the spelling right but I believe it's means " am pregnant " . I need answers plzzzz. Why must they always get pregnant it doesn't speak well of our society you know.
Its becos, its a thing of pride to be pregnant outside wedlock in Yoruba land. This is the reason whenever u r sleeping with a Yoruba even with condoman she comes back to tell yu she is pregnant
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by kenono(m): 9:47am On Oct 17, 2012
niggadee: what happened to our native language ? everyone in africa now worshipping colonail masters language like god..people are so fcking brain washed to believe speaking english make someone superior..retarded nigga

It does make someone superior, let's not avoid it, Foreigners learn so many languages to broaden their horizon, so we should try to learn at list two, our native dialect and our Lingua Franca.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by famous365: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2012
Olodo indeed.dis Į̸̸̨§ a disgrace †̥☹ d timber aπϑ caliber ̣̥̐f our movie industry.shio!
Dahbutter: [size=40pt]Lmaol[/size] grin grin grin
Awon olodo
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by DonaldGenes(m): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2012
Haahahahhaha this is serious oooo!! Honestly speaking, all these grammatical flaws can only be evidently seen among" YORUBA Films"yet on the contrary,some say they are the most learned tribe in Nigeria,well I can't say much but facts like this makes one sceptical if that dictum still hold water,now the million dollar question should be "don't they proof read their subtitles before putting them on the market
.it's crazy
,#just word#smh!!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Horlawoomey(m): 9:54am On Oct 17, 2012
amosy007:
igbos dnt translate becoz they speak english buh dey gbagaun more than these ..

This translation goes on noticed sometimes buh d spoken gbagauns are always obvious
they goes ON NOTICED indeed
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Horlawoomey(m): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2012
amosy007:

This translation goes on noticed sometimes buh d spoken gbagauns are always obvious
they goes ON NOTICED indeed grin
amosy007:

they goes ON NOTICED ** indeed grin
amosy007:

they goes ON NOTICED indeed grin
amosy007:

they goes ON NOTICED ** indeed
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Tomeseen(f): 9:58am On Oct 17, 2012
Thank you God, you are concieve of pregnance?... 9ja till i delete. Muaaaaaah. Truly 9ja sabi get belle, moreso if pepper rest for d guy hand. "Pregnance" must occur IJN. D guys undastand, stop pretending jare.

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by megxo(m): 10:20am On Oct 17, 2012
YORUBA HOME VIDEOS>>>.AYAF DIE WIT LAFF WO cheesy
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by phranseeqz(m): 10:26am On Oct 17, 2012
9jii.:
Hahaha this is very shy thing.
But I not blame them coz nobody is about mistake.
laugh is killing me,. all join sha. thumbs up to d editors. they no book very,very plenty
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by bibiking7(m): 11:02am On Oct 17, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy loolllllllzzzz... i cant stop laughing.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Jyde89: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2012
rabonni: these are all yoruba movie rubish
you have start , when they cursing you now you will complaini to moderate; is ibo film too not have a gbagaun.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by hardbody: 11:34am On Oct 17, 2012
Ramcie: " where did she got all this pregnant " indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maybe na multiple pregnancy she carry

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by flairlady(f): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2012
i am thought the film is the faking types,that is why the translated is not corrected.even faked hollywood dvds are have not correct translation.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by promire2004(f): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2012
What a shame! I'm disappointed. Can't these movie directors get competent hands? Mstcheeeeeew.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by promire2004(f): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2012
flairlady: i am thought the film is the faking types,that is why the translated is not corrected.even faked hollywood dvds are have not correct translation.

Madam, seems like you are 1 of those incompetent hands hired to subtitle the above-mentioned movies.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Jyde89: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2012
Godysien: It's because the yorubas like sex. I rest my case
and you hate it right?
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Ikamenze(m): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2012
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Kayslim10(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2012
I believe the error is from the translator
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Drdaps(m): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
can't stop laughing,let me help them add more to it.

Its really embarashment.lolz
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Dahbutter(m): 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
Jyde89: you have start , when they cursing you now you will complaini to moderate; is ibo film too not have a gbagaun.

Chei! shocked [size=15pt] GBAGAUNNN!!! [/size]

You sure say no be u translate for them? grin grin grin

But truth be told ibo films and many ibo directed Nigerian films have some heavy gbagauns too o. The painful thing is they add pho-ne even when ringing heavvy bells too grin grin grin
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by integrityfood: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2012
even the errors are part of the entertainment at least we all had a good laugh while reading the post!!!

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by jummiee(f): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
ye! LMAO, I don laff tire..... this is the funniest thread i have read in a while... thanks for posting....
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Myswag(m): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
Point of correction Mr.Poster. This is not NOLLYWOOD, the screen shot shown is from YORUWOOD (Yoruba Movies). Its in them.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by flairlady(f): 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
promire2004: ...

Madam, seems like you are 1 of those incompetent hands hired to subtitle the above-mentioned movies.
yes sir,i have doing my best.

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Chokolee(m): 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2012
This pipo wants to kill person ni oo..ayaf die for lafuo..Wait awon olodo; ayam very disappointment in all off you in this tred, simple english u cannot spoke?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija S4 Winner, Mercy Eke, Endorses S6 Housemate, Maria / BBNaija: Debbie-Rise Evicted From The Big Brother House / How Housemates Nominated Themselves For Fake Possible Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.