Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood (26670 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies / Grammatical Errors In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by tope3x(m): 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LAFF DON BURSTIN MY BELLEOLOGY...THE PERSON U KILLED IS DEAD...THIS IS SO FUNNYNING HAHAHAHAH....NO MIND MY GRAMATICATED ERROLOGY OOOOOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by ijebabe: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
This thread just made my day!!!
grin grin
Thanks op
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Mallow: 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hahhahahahahahahaaaaa
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Xplicit1(f): 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
@ op, nice 1, but u should ve tried 2 write it out 4 d sake of us usin phones.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by fm7070: 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
it's the fault of the translator.
The producer was so much in a hurry to make money and didn't bother to check.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by mcevans1(m): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hahahahahahahaha! Laugh wan tear my belle ohhh grin grin grin grin.. #WHAT AN ELECTRIFYING GBAGAUN#
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by tribalism(m): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
Stopped watching a long time ago but am sure none is connected to my dear Genevieve. Thumbs Up Genny.

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Josh316(m): 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2012
***has a heart attack and DEAD!!!!*** grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by abifoluwa: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
9jii.:
Hahaha this is very shy thing.
But I not blame them coz nobody is about mistake.
just like nollywood itself grin grin shocked
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Godysien(m): 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ramcie: Hehe! cheesy cheesy .yoruba movies are very interesting just the translation that kills it . What baffles me the most is that, in virtually all the Yoruba movies I've watched, a girl always gets pregnant outside wedlock. There is always " Mo ti loyun " am sure I didn't get the spelling right but I believe it's means " am pregnant " . I need answers plzzzz. Why must they always get pregnant it doesn't speak well of our society you know.
It's because the yorubas like sex. I rest my case
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by tribalism(m): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
ItsModella: Y'all should stop justifying this shame with "English is not our native language"...It is our official language, dammit!!! There is no excuse whatsoever for someone to constantly shoot bullets unless he/she did not go to school. Try applying for a job with a gbagaun-filled CV and see whether your potential employer will consider whether English is your native language or not.
Good one. A language I suppose we all used in our Nursery, Primarily, Post Primarily and in many cases Tertiary Schools. You can't justify not knowing it well. Dumb Asse.s! You're all Block heads.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by born2boink(m): 10:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
I laugh so tay, mess comot for my anus

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by confirmento: 11:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
shaking my head. what is the biggy with the so called gbagauun in the nollywood itch. get over it. daarrrhhhhh
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by StarFlux: 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
too funny! grin

i think its more like typing mistake/slack.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
THE PERSON YOU KILLED IS DEAD??
WTF

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
tribalism:
Good one. A language I suppose we all used in our Nursery, Primarily, Post Primarily and in many cases Tertiary Schools. You can't justify not knowing it well. Dumb Asse.s! You're all Block heads.

Hahahahahaha grin cheesy grin grin
I so love that your picture depiction of a blocked! Can I borrow it please smiley
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by real2fix(m): 11:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
so far u can understand d message they are tryin to pass den no need to bother urself.....mind u dis ar part of human error in film production...u cant expect 100% perfection..all dis type of error at times make the movie intresting...hav never see dat movie i watch dat ther wont be error either d subtitle custome video quality and so on....is left for you to dectect d error or blonder...so if u can determin dis error dis shows how intelligent u are in watchin film or program or readin or listenin...
You too selves fit mak dos blonderses lol....so laf at ur selves 1st b4 u lafs at other.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by CARLISTO77(m): 11:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
ItsModella: Y'all should stop justifying this shame with "English is not our native language"...It is our official language, dammit!!! There is no excuse whatsoever for someone to constantly shoot bullets unless he/she did not go to school. Try applying for a job with a gbagaun-filled CV and see whether your potential employer will consider whether English is your native language or not.

LEARNING ALWAYS CONDUCES TO PERFECTION.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Abbott(m): 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
engineerd: THE PERSON YOU KILLED IS DEAD??
WTF

I think it is "The person you killed have dead".
Sniggering since the 80s cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by akyme(m): 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
OMG I laffin ma lyf out ere nyc 1 man ..... The best was *susan I can explanation* cheesycheesy
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by akyme(m): 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
OMG I'm laffin ma lyf out ere nyc 1 man ..... The best was *susan I can explanation* cheesycheesy
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Abbott(m): 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
real2fix: so far u can understand d message they are tryin to pass den no need to bother urself.....mind u dis ar part of human error in film production...u cant expect 100% perfection..all dis type of error at times make the movie intresting...hav never see dat movie i watch dat ther wont be error either d subtitle custome video quality and so on....is left for you to dectect d error or blonder...so if u can determin dis error dis shows how intelligent u are in watchin film or program or readin or listenin...
You too selves fit mak dos blonderses lol....so laf at ur selves 1st b4 u lafs at other.

It cannot be excused. That type of transcription cannot get Grammies/Oscars. Whatever you do, put in more than your best, make it perfect. A fine example of Nollywood is Amazing Grace.

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by akyme(m): 12:05am On Oct 17, 2012
This translators won give ♏ξ headache sha sha.....Proud 2 b a nihgerian cheesy

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 17, 2012
*What a betrayed* #kpoikpoigboke!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by ztar(m): 1:01am On Oct 17, 2012
i laugh sotay(read it at 1 a.m)pple com dey think say i be witch..... ;Di

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by pastormmadu(m): 3:26am On Oct 17, 2012
Dats yoruba movies...be specific Mr/Miss writer
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by pawa4ul: 6:14am On Oct 17, 2012
This one is very common..."or else"
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by pawa4ul: 6:15am On Oct 17, 2012
This one is very common..."or else"
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Tattooboy: 6:23am On Oct 17, 2012
Ramcie: Hehe! cheesy cheesy .yoruba movies are very interesting just the translation that kills it . What baffles me the most is that, in virtually all the Yoruba movies I've watched, a girl always gets pregnant outside wedlock. There is always " Mo ti loyun " am sure I didn't get the spelling right but I believe it's means " am pregnant " . I need answers plzzzz. Why must they always get pregnant it doesn't speak well of our society you know.
that's precisely what's in vogue in most neighbourhood. Do u think Nigeria's population just rise @ once?
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Sirmikky1(m): 6:29am On Oct 17, 2012
The person you killed is dead hehehehehe
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by tribalism(m): 6:38am On Oct 17, 2012
StarFlux: too funny! grin

i think its more like typing mistake/slack.
And there is "no time" to proff read before production. Man, there is no excuse worth the embarrassments. So don't encourage it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija S4 Winner, Mercy Eke, Endorses S6 Housemate, Maria / BBNaija: Debbie-Rise Evicted From The Big Brother House / BBNaija: Lolu Apologises To Anto For Breaking Her Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.