Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) (30493 Views)

Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Raw Video Of Uniport Aluu 4 Killings Viewers Discretion Advised / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 18, 2012
jp philips:

im happy with your response the IGP screwed up, now, lucky's counsel needs to find the 5th guy with gun to make his case water tight.
do you see the vigilante coming out of this, even hiding behind the false alarm claim?

i'll qoute some sections of the criminal code on this;

part v s. 306 states " It is unlawful to kill any person unless such killing is authorised or justified or excused by law"

part v s.316 states " Except as hereinafter set forth, a person who unlawfully kills, another under any of the following circumstances, that is to say-

(1) if the offender intends to cause the death of the person killed, or that of some other person;

(2) if the offender intends to do to the person killed or to some other person some grievous harm;

(3) if death is caused by means of an act done in the prosecution of an unlawful purpose, which act is of such a nature as to be likely to endanger human life;

(4) if the offender intends to do grievous harm to some person for the purpose of facilitating the commission of an offence which is such that the offender may be arrested without warrant, or for the purpose of facilitating the flight of an offender who has committed or attempted to commit any such offence;

(5) if death is caused by administering any stupefying or overpowering things for either of the purposes last aforesaid;

(6) if death is caused by wilfully stopping the breath of any person for either of such purposes;

is guilty of murder.

In the second case it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt the particular person who is killed.

In the third case it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt any person.

In the three last cases it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result

the vigilante chaps are screwed!!
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:31am On Oct 18, 2012
cap28:

Coxson knew who was at his door, infact he let the 5 boys into his house and a fight ensued, he knew they were not armed robbers.He knew the implications of shouting "thief" because of the general bad feeling in the village following a series of robberies that had gone on, he knew that anyone accused of theft in that village would be dealt with severely but he went ahead and accused them of being thiefs all the same and the rest is history.

Coxson had been avoiding his creditor for months, this has all been corroborated, he therefore had a motive to do away with the source of his problem and that is why he decided to deal with the boys by having them permanently eliminated from his life.

The idea that Coxson shouted "thief" because unknown gunmen appeared at his door is a fallacy - if he was so afraid - why did he open the door? He opened door because he knew who they were.

jp philips:

why will he open the door if he doesn't have what they want? considering the fact he has been hiding from them for a long time as you claimed.
i doubt if he opened his door, believe me, if those boys meant business, that door wouldn't need to be opened.
You took the words out of my mouth. Here is a brief description of how it could have gone down

Bang bang bang
Coxson: (wakes from sleep scared shitless of who it might be) Who is that
Bang bang bang
Boys: O boy open this door, Na me wey you dey owe since and you must pay today.
Coxson: (peeps outside the window and sees 5 men and breaks out a sweat)

Pause........

Now put yourself in coxson's shoes and try to think like a normal Nigerian, 98% of us would already be afraid of what could happen. Add that to the fact that he already probably owes people, or the fact that he is probably a frat member as well, there is no way in hell I would open that door.

Boys: Oya Ginger break that door down be like this guy think say we dey play
Bang bang bang bang (tries to break door down)
Coxson: Ole o! Ole o!
Neighbors and vigilante gather Coxson escapes through the back door and runs away.

Now from this point onwards is where when the dude with his gun brings it out fires a shot in the air and takes off. How on earth would these boys prove their case to anyone that they were not robbers.
This is how I think it went down, if there was fight they would have been separated and then the issue would be trashed unless there was something like a gun.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2012
torkaka:

part v s. 306 states " It is unlawful to kill any person unless such killing is authorised or justified or excused by law"

part v s.316 states " Except as hereinafter set forth, a person who unlawfully kills, another under any of the following circumstances, that is to say-

(1) if the offender intends to cause the death of the person killed, or that of some other person;

(2) if the offender intends to do to the person killed or to some other person some grievous harm;

(3) if death is caused by means of an act done in the prosecution of an unlawful purpose, which act is of such a nature as to be likely to endanger human life;

(4) if the offender intends to do grievous harm to some person for the purpose of facilitating the commission of an offence which is such that the offender may be arrested without warrant, or for the purpose of facilitating the flight of an offender who has committed or attempted to commit any such offence;

(5) if death is caused by administering any stupefying or overpowering things for either of the purposes last aforesaid;

(6) if death is caused by wilfully stopping the breath of any person for either of such purposes;

is guilty of murder.

In the second case it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt the particular person who is killed.

In the third case it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt any person.

In the three last cases it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result

They screwed up, simple they should pay for killing the boys. Along with whoever gave the order.
My grouse is that there is no way coxson would know that this would lead to their death. No way, in the past upteeen years not once has a robber been lynched to death. Once when I was in school back then there was a robbery, and they snatched a car as they were leaving I remember it was a Honda accord end of discussion, unlucky for one of em he slipped up and the rest left him. The crowd descended on him beat him but still handed him over to the police. Not once has a killing ever ensued, so proving that he knew they would be killed is a long long stretch.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:38am On Oct 18, 2012
torkaka:

is guilty of murder.

They screwed up, simple they should pay for killing the boys. Along with whoever gave the order.
My grouse is that there is no way coxson would know that this would lead to their death. No way, in the past upteeen years not once has a robber been lynched to death. Once when I was in school back then there was a robbery, and they snatched a car as they were leaving I remember it was a Honda accord end of discussion, unlucky for one of em he slipped up and the rest left him. The crowd descended on him beat him but still handed him over to the police. Not once has a killing ever ensued, so proving that he knew they would be killed is a long long stretch.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

ch.27 s.310 of the criminal code act states;

"A person who, by threats or intimidation or by deceit, causes another person to do an act or make an omission which results in the death of that other person, is deemed to have killed him."

notice that the act is not concerned about the circumstances but concerned with the end result which is "death"

also notice the word "deceit" in the act. this is where the issue of shouting "thief,thief" will play a major role in the case. coxson probably did not know that the boys will be killed however the boys ended up dead! the law is not sympathetic with his intentions,the law is concerned about the outcome of his actions.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
torkaka:

"A person who, by threats or intimidation or by deceit, causes another person to do an act or make an omission which results in the death of that other person, is deemed to have killed him."

notice that the act is not concerned about the circumstances but concerned with the end result which is "death"

also notice the word "deceit" in the act. [b]this is where the issue of shouting "thief,thief" will play a major role in the case. coxson probably did not know that the boys will be killed however the boys ended up dead! the law is not sympathetic with his intentions,the law is concerned about the outcome of his intentions.[/b]
Deceit, Intention.
You cannot take away intention from a crime, it is a huge huge factor. Was his intent to raise awareness or to get the boys killed? Is shouting thief thief a common way to raise alarm in Nigeria when someone is banging at your door by odd hours of the night?
He is within his right to protect himself if he deemed his life threatened.
Again you cannot take away the circumstances from the crime, no investigation is done in isolation, these boys came at the dead of the night. It makes Coxson's case all the more water tight cos he could have really thought there were gonna rob him .
It would be all to difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt, this is not a civil suit it is a criminal one and you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that his intent was to get the boys killed.
He shouted thief to raise alarm and awareness, for fear of his life and to rescue himself. The only thing the defense has to show is that possibility and your case goes down the drain.

UNLESS
The vigilante had both the boys and coxson together at once. Deceit is if after they were caught he accused them of being thieves to the vigilante which I think is highly unlikely cos then the boys would say he knows them and he owes them.

Oh and by the way did you see those that were charged? I looked for Coxson's name, did not find it. Looked for the false alarm kini you bet your magician status on yesterday. Did not find it as well. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
Deceit, Intention.
You cannot take away intention from a crime, it is a huge huge factor. Was his intent to raise awareness or to get the boys killed? Is shouting thief thief a common way to raise alarm in Nigeria when someone is banging at your door by odd hours of the night?
He is within his right to protect himself if he deemed his life threatened.
Again you cannot take away the circumstances from the crime, no investigation is done in isolation, these boys came at the dead of the night. It makes Coxson's case all the more water tight cos he could have really thought there were gonna rob him .
It would be all to difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt, this is not a civil suit it is a criminal one and you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that his intent was to get the boys killed.
He shouted thief to raise alarm and awareness, for fear of his life and to rescue himself. The only thing the defense has to show is that possibility and your case goes down the drain.

UNLESS
The vigilante had both the boys and coxson together at once. Deceit is if after they were caught he accused them of being thieves to the vigilante which I think is highly unlikely cos then the boys would say he knows them and he owes them.

Oh and by the way did you see those that were charged? I looked for Coxson's name, did not find it. Looked for the false alarm kini you bet your magician status on yesterday. Did not find it as well. undecided undecided undecided

stop fooling yourself, coxson wasn't charged because he wasn't caught at the same time the others were caught. 22(or so) people have been arrested but only 13(the first batch of those arrested) have been charged.

to more serious matters, here i again i qoute the act;

ch.27 s.316 states;

Except as hereinafter set forth, a person who unlawfully kills, another under any of the following circumstances, that is to say-

(6) if death is caused by wilfully stopping the breath of any person for either of such purposes; is guilty of murder.

In the three last cases it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result.

"

[b]notice the parts in red. everything boils down to the shout of "thief,thief". go through the acts i have been posting then you will understand the beauty of what i told you earlier about calling some one a "thief" when an authorised body hasn't proclaimed so!
the questions you should ponder over is this; were those boys thieves in the eyes of the law? and if not then what was the intention of coxson in calling them thieves? were they not taken to appear before the community chief because they were thieves? on what basis did these boys become thieves in the eyes of the community? wasn't it on the basis of coxson's call? assuming coxson was around when the boys were man handled why did he not come out to say they were not thieves? assuming coxson wasn't around, why did he not come out to say the community acted in error after hearing about the justice metted on them? what was he hiding from? the incidence happened friday and they was a gap between when it happened and when public outcry forced the authorities to act,in this period what did coxson tell the police about the actual sequence of events explaining his mistake in calling them thieves?

coxson's intent was clear, those boys were not killed immediately. they were paraded round the community for hours and even set before the local chief! in all this time coxson never found it neccessary to correct his gaffe![/b]
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
. . . . . mind you, all that i have said still boils down to the lawyers (both prosecuting & defence). a bad lawyer easily loses a case while a good lawyer easily wins one!
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
torkaka:

stop fooling yourself, coxson wasn't charged because he wasn't caught at the same time the others were caught. 22(or so) people have been arrested but only 13(the first batch of those arrested) have been charged.

to more serious matters, here i again i qoute the act;

ch.27 s.316 states;

Except as hereinafter set forth, a person who unlawfully kills, another under any of the following circumstances, that is to say-

(6) if death is caused by wilfully stopping the breath of any person for either of such purposes; is guilty of murder.

In the three last cases it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result.

"

[b]notice the parts in red. everything boils down to the shout of "thief,thief". go through the acts i have been posting then you will understand the beauty of what i told you earlier about calling some one a "thief" when an authorised body hasn't proclaimed so!
the questions you should ponder over is this; were those boys thieves in the eyes of the law? and if not then what was the intention of coxson in calling them thieves? were they not taken to appear before the community chief because they were thieves? on what basis did these boys become thieves in the eyes of the community? wasn't it on the basis of coxson's call? assuming coxson was around when the boys were man handled why did he not come out to say they were not thieves? assuming coxson wasn't around, why did he not come out to say the community acted in error after hearing about the justice metted on them? what was he hiding from? the incidence happened friday and they was a gap between when it happened and when public outcry forced the authorities to act,in this period what did coxson tell the police about the actual sequence of events explaining his mistake in calling them thieves?

coxson's intent was clear, those boys were not killed immediately. they were paraded round the community for hours and even set before the local chief! in all this time coxson never found it neccessary to correct his gaffe![/b]
Fooling myself? grin grin grin did I hit a nerve or two.
So now suddenly you do realize that intention plays a role in a crime, just in case the selective amnesia that has plagued your responses all through is still rife in your system here

torkaka:

also notice the word "deceit" in the act. this is where the issue of shouting "thief,thief" will play a major role in the case. coxson probably did not know that the boys will be killed however the boys ended up dead! the law is not sympathetic with his intentions,the law is concerned about the outcome of his actions.
I do not want to call you a bold faced liar, you just suck at being a lawyer unfortunately. But I am happy that you fell off your horse and had this Damascus moment about intentions so lets discuss it shall we? cheesy

First off I have to ask, are you having problems comprehending these things you copy and paste??
He shouted thief thief because 5 men were banging at his door at the dead hours of the night to raise alarm, jeez is that rocket science to understand? How does that constitute intending to cause grievous harm? Leaky argument yet again try harder.

This part actually cracked me up, what the chief and murderers did was wrong, they would face the consequences and their defense is another case entirely. Can we focus on Coxson's role here?
Sad but if this was a real case and you were the govt prosecutor you already lost your case. Emotions would not win you a case, facts will. Give us the facts of the case will ya wink
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
i will not bother explaining to you the legal time one is meant to be held in custody before being arraigned and why 13(who were caught days earlier) were charged to court while the remaining have not been charged! that gaffe alone from you has told me your level of IQ! i am not even going to try explaining to you what the prosecuton of unlawful purpose is!

HONESTLY, YOU ARE WAY TOO DULL TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING AND I AM TIRED OF TRYING FOR YOUR COCO NUT BRAIN! you are way too dull to notice that ch.27 s. 310 and ch.27 s.316 are different. you way too shallow to understand that one case can have many counts(charges)!
I HAVE WASTED MY TIME TRYING TO EDUCATE AN OBVIOUS IGNORANT NINIE WHOSE PRIDE COVERS HIS SENSE OF REASONING!. . . .GOOD DAY!
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
torkaka: i will not bother explaining to you the legal time one is meant to be held in custody before being arraigned and why 13(who were caught days earlier) were charged to court while the remaining have not been charged! that gaffe alone from you has told me your level of IQ! i am not even going to try explaining to you what the prosecuton of unlawful purpose is!

HONESTLY, YOU ARE WAY TOO DULL TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING AND I AM TIRED OF TRYING FOR YOUR COCO NUT BRAIN! you are way too dull to notice that ch.27 s. 310 and ch.27 s.316 are different!
I HAVE WASTED MY TIME TRYING TO EDUCATE AN OBVIOUS IGNORANT NINIE WHOSE PRIDE COVERS HIS SENSE OF REASONING!. . . .GOOD DAY!
BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin see way too emotional to argue a case, pick another profession.
I know its painful to see the hogwash of a case you tried to build trashed and sent to the bin where it belongs.
I am done wasting my time with you as well.
Any smart person would see through the rubbish smoke screen you are trying to build.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Truckpusher(m): 9:27am On Oct 19, 2012
berem: he will be charged for raising false alarm,the first to accuse the boys of being thieves,owing someone and refused to pay,accused the boys of being with a gun when no gun was actually found on them,running away for the fear of being arrested,refusing to tell the truth to the mob that he was indeed a debtor,the list is endless!
You must be an alien ....u think the court room functions like cinema?...God help me wetin I no go see for NL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Student Of AAU Arrested With Stolen Car / UPS Staff Attacks His Wife In Lagos, Flees (Disturbing Photos) / Why We Planned To Bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge- Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.