Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) (50999 Views)

ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution / Names Of The Masterminds Of The Gruesome Murder Of ALUU4 / 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by koyu2049: 9:16am On Oct 18, 2012
D 1 in white is d 1 dat light d fire[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by vescucci(m): 9:41am On Oct 18, 2012
Even though I'm pretty sure that some of the people caught here are innocent, I'm sure that there are those that are guilty too. They should implicate the rest till the list is complete. In developed countries, it is rare that they have footage to go on. It is both evidence and clue to to catch the killers. A community is a usually a small group of people who know each other. It shouldn't be hard to catch all of them especially the kapoon guy. He should be killed publicly.

I normally would not support a death penalty for anything. But in this case, I have to put myself in the shoes of the family of those kids.
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by pak: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2012
freecocoa: 1. I don't remember the Kano incident (don't think I heard of it) so I don't know exactly how to answer your questions on that.
2. I also don't know about the Dogo place and what went down there but I'm certain the community must have felt and still feel pain and anger and would probably kill any gunman\men. I didn't ask why Aluu has\need a vigilante group cos it is very common and normal for communities to have a vigilante group, all the communities I know have one so that's an irrelevant question. I know that Mob justice is rampant in Nigeria due to some factors like inefficiency of our security forces, some people are just naturally wicked and blood thirsty so they kill without much ado, crowd mentality("I saw someone doing it, so I joined"wink, some do it cos they have been affected one way or the another and want revenge etc.
Well good points you raised but I must say that I may sound very emotional about this case but that doesn't mean I've lost my ability to reason.
True things like this have been happening in this country with little attention drawn to it, does that mean we should continue folding our hands and let it keep happening? The fact that this one was videoed and many people got to see it is probably why it has raised many eyebrows, I for one has never seen anything like it in my life because you will never find me where a crowd is gathered for things like that(I'm even rarely in any crowd) so its kinda new for me, again those boys were just kids with promising futures, the most annoying is the manner in which they were killed, its beyond barbaric and very malicious, it didn't look to me like just a mob action, it was done with so much hatred. I even think people should be happy that this matter is being taken very seriously, it will may help our security officials sit up and help people realize that laws shouldn't be taken into their hands.

cheleku:
I agree that until the underlying factors precipitating these kind of dastardly acts are curbed, we may well not part with such incidents just yet. Poverty being a chief culprit.
But again, is it morally right we fold our arms and do nothing because these kind of heinous crimes have been variously commited in the past without reprimand of any sort? I say no my friend. Secondly, you can't liken this case to the Dogon Nahawa massacre; that was mainly an ethnic tussle between the Beroms and the Fulanis. A little research might give you an insight on what caused the massacre. Thirdly, I'm not of the opinion that this case is gathering so much dust because the victims were from the upper echelon of the society. I rather it was because of the way it was filmed,and how it went viral on the internet. We wouldnt be debating this issue if not for that gruesome video. Finally, why do we often implicitly bid the rich evil? We are quick to gloat over their misfortunes. That, my friend, is a wrong mentality.

@freecocoa and Cheleku,

I appreciate your response. Fair enough and I can say you are right.
I also appreciate that you've been able to see this as a discourse between two slightly differing opinions, nothin more.

And to clear all doubts, I also support justice for the ALUU4

but I still have my worries, first let me respond to some points by Cheleku

1. Nland is a faceless forum, there is no way to determine if I am rich or poor. So its a bit of a jump to assume I wish rich people evil. Any poor person who wishes the other evil because of wealth has already cursed himself. He can never be rich, else evil will befall him

2. Berom/Fulani - I was based in Jos at the time that crisis occurred and I have a full picture of the background. It is not really analogous to this incidence. The point I am making is that the fallout from that incidence (and others) is enough to make any individual or community lose faith in the ability of the police for protection, to believe that self policing/taking the law into ones hands is the only way out. Which is a popular sentiment shared all the way from Aba to Idumota to Kano to Ikorodu to ALUU and even the boys in question.

I will give my full response in the next post
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by fairygeh(f): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2012
maxi-t:

Thanks for your advise, but i still will not watch it.
FYI: I am not talking about robbery here. If robbery was the issue in our off-campus communities, i bet you, nobody will remain on-campus in our dilapidated hostel accommodation.
The terror is the rampant killings. These boys just kill for NO justifiable reasons.. "NOT THE VILLAGERS" but the students.
So you know, i am from Edo state. and from stats, Edo state and Portharcourt has the HIGHEST rate of cultism. Just incase you still dont get the picture let me describe some scenarios for you.

1. You are sleeping in your hostel at nite and u hear some gun shots.
2. Go to class the next morning and you hear JOHN DOE was shot dead, (it was actually that gunshot u heard last nite)
We get up 10 - 15 cases like this each month from the same community.

How do they pull this hit? they go into someone's hostel(THE VICTIM) at late hours, break in, do the kill and collect NOTHING. Most killings are from mere arguements or girl or money related or show of supremacy.
You see, those ALUU 4 guys died terribly. but God knows why he chosed their paths to end that way. who knows what they had done? or what they would have done. Carrying guns to someone else's home at late hour.
That man who outcried should get a good lawyer. He has got every reason to shout thief! thief!! thief!!!
Like, why shouldn't he ?
. And why are u talking as if u were there?its better not to say what we arent sure of so as not to sin before God.what i heard is they went to collect money owed to them.and whatever the case may be,the circumstances of their death is bad enough,pls lets respect the dead and dont talk ill of them.we are not to judge here cos God will judge them according to the works of their hand.but what i am against is u saying what u arent sure of,u were not there except u were the one who raised the false alarm or u were the one dos boys came to attack as u said.
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by pak: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2012
I agree with Cheleku's assertion's that the story is not gaining traction in popular consciousness just because the victims belong to the upper echelons of society.
He chose to put the cause on the video that went viral, that I must say is just partly right.

From my perspective, the major reason we want 'Justice' in this case is the US factor, not really the video per se.

As freecocoa rightly put, they could have been OUR children , OUR younger siblings.

Their girlfriends as ssen on FB pix looked like OUR junior sisters, they loved and sang rap music , the way we do. There parents are just like OUR parents . . . . .

but that worries me ! What about people who don't look like us . . .do we care ?

I mentioned the Kano lynching issue, many seemed not even to have heard about it. I mean these guys were probably Boko Haram anyway, never mind and besides there was no video, So maybe it would not have been that Gory. Lie !!!! It was every inch as gory !

Okay, the Kano issue had no video, but what about the case of the Hausa Muslims that were slaughtered on the way back from prayers during Salah festivities a year or two ago in Jos. There are even more versions of that video online than the ALUU issue. And by the way those clips were arguably more gory, those guys were cut in pieces, roasted and eaten (yes, you heard me right), eaten in broad daylight. Why has there been no outcry? why was the emotional outburst not so pronounced ?
Am not a student of Psychology but my little thinking tells me that it is because those 'Kaftan wearing mallams' didn't look like US. Their kids look like almajiris, not like us, not like our brothers.

Now my question is, if we can be so selective about Justice then it is no longer Justice. Hence, my emphasis on the issue of unbalanced emotions. Don't get me wrong, am not against the ALUU4 agitations. it is actually right, justice needs to be served but even in the midst of our outcry, it is so glaring that we are missing the bigger picture. We've missed the forest and we are saving a tree.

Finaly, I want you to answer this question with all sincerity, If the four boys killed were fulani cattle rearer boys, 'alleged' to have attacked a ALUU vresident, with or without a gun, whether late at night or early in the morning. Even if their lynching was covered on video, do you think there would have been such an outcry ? from Ezekwesili, From Linda Ikeji, From Dbanj, From the whole of Nairaland,

The major problems which we have failed to see here is our propensity for violence as a people and the generally feeling of inadequate security.
Agreed the ALUU debacle can be an opportune moment to kick start the righting of these wrongs but the reactions I am seeing all over point to the contrary.
As the wise man said 2000 yrs ago, It is far easier to remove the speck from the other eye than the log in our own eyes.

Even people from Jos, Kano, Lagos, Benin, Aba are baying for ALUU blood
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by Purist(m): 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2012
fairygeh:
Well what separates him from the barbarism he is condemning is that while those 4boys were innocent and died for what they didnt do,these ones arent innocent and should pay for their sins.

Interesting logic you have here. So you mean those Aluu people would not be deemed barbaric if those 4 boys had been found guilty?
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by freecocoa(f): 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
pak: I agree with Cheleku's assertion's that the story is not gaining traction in popular consciousness just because the victims belong to the upper echelons of society.
He chose to put the cause on the video that went viral, that I must say is just partly right.

From my perspective, the major reason we want 'Justice' in this case is the US factor, not really the video per se.

As freecocoa rightly put, they could have been OUR children , OUR younger siblings.

Their girlfriends as ssen on FB pix looked like OUR junior sisters, they loved and sang rap music , the way we do. There parents are just like OUR parents . . . . .

but that worries me ! What about people who don't look like us . . .do we care ?

I mentioned the Kano lynching issue, many seemed not even to have heard about it. I mean these guys were probably Boko Haram anyway, never mind and besides there was no video, So maybe it would not have been that Gory. Lie !!!! It was every inch as gory !

Okay, the Kano issue had no video, but what about the case of the Hausa Muslims that were slaughtered on the way back from prayers during Salah festivities a year or two ago in Jos. There are even more versions of that video online than the ALUU issue. And by the way those clips were arguably more gory, those guys were cut in pieces, roasted and eaten (yes, you heard me right), eaten in broad daylight. Why has there been no outcry? why was the emotional outburst not so pronounced ?
Am not a student of Psychology but my little thinking tells me that it is because those 'Kaftan wearing mallams' didn't look like US. Their kids look like almajiris, not like us, not like our brothers.

Now my question is, if we can be so selective about Justice then it is no longer Justice. Hence, my emphasis on the issue of unbalanced emotions. Don't get me wrong, am not against the ALUU4 agitations. it is actually right, justice needs to be served but even in the midst of our outcry, it is so glaring that we are missing the bigger picture. We've missed the forest and we are saving a tree.

Finaly, I want you to answer this question with all sincerity, If the four boys killed were fulani cattle rearer boys, 'alleged' to have attacked a ALUU vresident, with or without a gun, whether late at night or early in the morning. Even if their lynching was covered on video, do you think there would have been such an outcry ? from Ezekwesili, From Linda Ikeji, From Dbanj, From the whole of Nairaland,

The major problems which we have failed to see here is our propensity for violence as a people and the generally feeling of inadequate security.
Agreed the ALUU debacle can be an opportune moment to kick start the righting of these wrongs but the reactions I am seeing all over point to the contrary.
As the wise man said 2000 yrs ago, It is far easier to remove the speck from the other eye than the log in our own eyes.

Even people from Jos, Kano, Lagos, Benin, Aba are baying for ALUU blood
I disagree with you, how can you say the killing is being frowned on cos those boys were like us?
Listen even if those boys were almajiri's as you put it, I'm sure the case would also get this much publicity and emotional reaction from people with a conscience and heart. Did you even watch that video? Man I wouldn't even wish that type of death for my worst enemy, I may wish someone dead in my moment of anger but not such a painful one.
You may say that the cops are really working maybe because the parents of the Aluu4 have what it takes to make the police work in this country, the only thing I can agree with you on is that if the slain boys had no connection to wealth, the matter may die down without justice being served but as for people not caring and showing emotions, that's a big lie.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by Horus(m): 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2012

Interview of a suspect

Interview of a suspect
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by fairygeh(f): 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
Purist:

Interesting logic you have here. So you mean those Aluu people would not be deemed barbaric if those 4 boys had been found guilty?
. Of course they would still have acted in a barbaric manner had it been those boys were still guilty,its wrong to kill anyone in such manner or in any manner whatsoever cos dey took the law into their hands,but the reason everyone wants justice is that these boys were innocent.and realy if those boys were armed robbers,i would still feel this same way and want everyone involved to be brought to book.cos no one deserves to die in dat manner.
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by Wumine(f): 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
chioma.t:
d police shuld start killing them naoo.. wat are they waiting 4?

The police is guity too! They are all murderers jare!
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by Wumine(f): 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
finguy: i think the plank guy shld be given a plank and locked up with all the other culprits in a dark cell. 24hours latter when the demented bastard must have smashed all their skulls he shld be brought out and skinned alive like a potato.

AGREED! The savage beasts!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by Wumine(f): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
mu2sa2: I am just thinking: Does the concept of forgiveness apply in this case ("forgive that you may be forgiven"wink.No insults pls.Rational discussion only. Thanks.

Plsssss! Forgiveness? They should have forgiven those boys for 'allegedly' stealing in the first place. But at this point, the only remaining forgiveness on this case is with God. Those killers should be planked and roasted alive...infact Aluu community should be erased, cats and dogs inclusive. Land of savage heartless beasts! Rationally discussed, no fogiveness!
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by Wumine(f): 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
nairaman66: What about the POLICEMEN? Justice is not being served to the fullest ooO!!

True! All the policemen on duty that day in the land of savage beasts a.k.a aluu, are also guilty

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by pak: 7:16am On Oct 19, 2012
freecocoa: I disagree with you, how can you say the killing is being frowned on cos those boys were like us?
Listen even if those boys were almajiri's as you put it, I'm sure the case would also get this much publicity and emotional reaction from people with a conscience and heart. Did you even watch that video? Man I wouldn't even wish that type of death for my worst enemy, I may wish someone dead in my moment of anger but not such a painful one.
You may say that the cops are really working maybe because the parents of the Aluu4 have what it takes to make the police work in this country, the only thing I can agree with you on is that if the slain boys had no connection to wealth, the matter may die down without justice being served but as for people not caring and showing emotions, that's a big lie.

That video depicts one of the darkest and most gory part of our nature but as I said earlier,

the barbarism is not restricted to Aluu community.

Let me also clarify that I never implied that the opulence of the boy's family had anything to

do with the way the case has been taken up, and also do not agree with that assertion. The

whole issue has reached public consciousness to a level where there can be no two outcomes as

regards police reaction.

As regards, the issue of them being so much like us, Truth is that empathy is more easily

achieved and more effective when it is easy to put ourselves (or loved ones) directly in the

shoes of victims. It no doubt played a major, major albeit subtle part. How many times have

you heard the statement, 'It could have been our sons, brothers . . . .'

I do not intend to add to the library of macabre clips that Nigerian have being viewing for

the last few days so I'll refrain from posting links here but if you have the stomach for it,

go to youtube and use the search term 'jos killing hausa' or 'jos killing ed il fitr'. You can

make your pick from the numerous videos that come up about the killings I talked about earlier.
A group of ppl coming back from prayers where waylaid by a mob who not only killed them, but
butchered and roasted their bodies . . .and wait for it, ate them (in full glare of video cameras)

Bad as it sounds, the whole sordid affair could not have gained much traction, except within

the hausa community, who if you'l admit do not have as much influence in mainstream media as we

do. Truth is, there is just something about those boys that makes the atrocity feel closer to

home.

But let's even for a minute assume that am wrong, does it not worry you freecocoa, that has a

civilized society, it will take a barbaric video for us to realise that we need to stand up

against inhumanity ? really what does that say about us.
In case you missed it, I'll quote this classic by Sisi Kill on sister thread

Sisi_Kill: What have I learnt from the ALUU Debacle? I have learnt that if we

don't see the minute by minute, second by second killing of another person, we really don't

care.

This explains why no one is really hot under the collar for the Boko Victims. Hellooooo, how

can we scream for justice for them when we weren't given the chance to see their intestines

explode right out of their bodies or their heads blown clean off of their shoulders??!! Duh!!!

Yep, if you want people to have "sleepless nights" over, be "appalled" by, "wring their hands"

in concern at. . . the injustice meted on you, you'd better have someone film it and the more

gruesome it is, well. . .the better for you.

THIS is what I learnt from the ALUU debacle.

I will state emphatically that justice needs to be served to the killers in this case but FAR

more needs to be done for me to agree we are making any kind of progress. Until then, for me,

its same of the same.
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by Ariyke: 8:15am On Oct 19, 2012
some-girl:
the male in the blue shirt in NOT the plank guy. Different head shapes.
look closely he's d one
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by somegirl1: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2012
Ariyke: look closely he's d one
no, he isn't
planker has rounded head, chelsea's head has corners

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by babseg(m): 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
some-girl:

no, he isn't
planker has rounded head, chelsea's head has corners

Looks like u studied anatomy for uni
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by Purist(m): 5:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
fairygeh: . Of course they would still have acted in a barbaric manner had it been those boys were still guilty,its wrong to kill anyone in such manner or in any manner whatsoever cos dey took the law into their hands,but the reason everyone wants justice is that these boys were innocent.and realy if those boys were armed robbers,i would still feel this same way and want everyone involved to be brought to book.cos no one deserves to die in dat manner.

@bolded, you're right, that's the point. No one deserves to die in that manner. So when you have some people wishing that the killers should also be killed IN THE SAME MANNER, then they are no different from the barbaric people that they condemn.
Re: Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) by somegirl1: 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
babseg:

Looks like u studied anatomy for uni

grin I just stated the obvious

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: I Regret Slashing My Girlfriend’s Neck With Razor Blade – Lagos Barber / The Woman Who Is Accused Of Fraud At Union Bank In Abuja Is Also A Pastor(photo) / Boy's Intestines Come Out Of His Stomach After Being Injured By Student. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.