Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

How Regularly Should You Cook And Why - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Regularly Should You Cook And Why (15790 Views)

At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? / As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? / The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Don4life: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
DJDOLA: I don't no how 2 cook they no me at iya basira joint am there no1 customer
undecided undecided wen u nor get money body go tel u
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

Exactly, what I have been saying on this thread. I don't know why the guys r takin offense to this. Or are they 2 lazy 2 help their wives or too stingy to hire a cook? nawa 4 sum men.
if his he is lazy or stingy to that extent he shouldnt get married at all, the world would be a better place that way

1 Like

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
if his he is lazy or stingy to that extent he shouldnt get married at all, the world would be a better place that way

+1,000,000 Likes

1 Like

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by reemix123(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

LMAO! Hell yes! I would share a can of beer anyday with Brad Pitt, ha! na dream come true! Your post funny sha but seriously, why is it annoying you that I don't want to cook everyday 4 my husband? You most definately wont be my future husband so wetin concern u 4 d matter? && I am not yankee joor. angry
Did your mum cook in your house ? I may be your future husband you can never tell and for sure that will be the day I re-decorate my kitchen for my dear wife. It will have a bed, make up mirror above the cooker, shoe rack next to the fridge plus more because as you know In the beginning of the world God created the earth and rested.Then God created Man and rested.Then God created Woman.Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Don4life: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
angry angry
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
reemix123:
Did your mum cook in your house ? I may be your future husband you can never tell and for sure that will be the day I re-decorate my kitchen for my dear wife. It will have a bed, make up mirror above the cooker, shoe rack next to the fridge plus more because as you know In the beginning of the world God created the earth and rested.Then God created Man and rested.Then God created Woman.Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.

Yes my mother cooked when she felt like it. She didnt cook all the time and my father respected that. My mom is a working professional so she didn't have time 2 cook daily or weekly. When my mom didn't cook, either we ate out, or i cooked when i had time, or my dad cooked when he had the time to do so. and both of my parents are igbo, so you see there are some igbo men that are tolerable unlike some of you spewing nonsense on this thread. And they've been married for 26yrs and noone has taken my father away. He loves to cook, he would wake up early on weekend mornings and make breakfast 4 the whole family. That's the kind of marriage I want, not some man taking me as his servant.

And I highly doubt that you wud b my future hubby. We wouldn't be able 2 stand being around each other.

1 Like

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

Yes my mother cooked when she felt like it. She didnt cook all the time and my father respected that. My mom is a working professional so she didn't have time 2 cook daily or weekly. When my mom didn't cook, either we ate out, or i cooked when i had time, or my dad cooked when he had the time to do so. and both of my parents are igbo, so you see there are some igbo men that are tolerable unlike some of you spewing nonsense on this thread. And they've been married for 22yrs and noone has taken my father away. He loves to cook, he would wake up early on weekend mornings and make breakfast 4 the whole family. That's the kind of marriage I want, not some man taking me as his servant.

And I highly doubt that you wud b my future hubby. We wouldn't be able 2 stand being around each other.
a real man sees the needs of his family and he attends to them without complaining. if you could cook for urself in university, what will make u too important not to cook for ur family when your wife is not able to do so? most men should be like your father

1 Like

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by reemix123(m): 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

Yes my mother cooked when she felt like it. She didnt cook all the time and my father respected that. My mom is a working professional so she didn't have time 2 cook daily or weekly. When my mom didn't cook, either we ate out, or i cooked when i had time, or my dad cooked when he had the time to do so. and both of my parents are igbo, so you see there are some igbo men that are tolerable unlike some of you spewing nonsense on this thread. And they've been married for 22yrs and noone has taken my father away. He loves to cook, he would wake up early on weekend mornings and make breakfast 4 the whole family. That's the kind of marriage I want, not some man taking me as his servant.

What do you mean we would be able to stand around each other. I think our partnership would be perfect you stand in the kitchen so that you are close to the cooker at all times....and I will be in the living room watching football. whats wrong with that ? Your are not igbo at all but one day you may wake up from this nightmare
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
reemix123:

What do you mean we would be able to stand around each other. I think our partnership would be perfect you stand in the kitchen so that you are close to the cooker at all times....and I will be in the living room watching football. whats wrong with that ? Your are not igbo at all but one day you may wake up from this nightmare

Hiah! Nawa ooo. I shud b in the kitchen while u balance watching football? Is that your idea of a happily married wife? More the reason why we don't fit each other. Y do u keep sayin I am no igbo? My parents are igbo so therefore I am also igbo
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
some men want to be treated like kings yet they cant afford paying for such a quality life. you want to rot on the couch whilst watching football yet u cant afford a cook at the same time. if your wife has to work hours to bring more money into the house, then you should get those delusional thoughts that she is ur servant out of ur head and put urself to good use

1 Like

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Elebiju: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

Yes my mother cooked when she felt like it. She didnt cook all the time and my father respected that. My mom is a working professional so she didn't have time 2 cook daily or weekly. When my mom didn't cook, either we ate out, or i cooked when i had time, or my dad cooked when he had the time to do so. and both of my parents are igbo, so you see there are some igbo men that are tolerable unlike some of you spewing nonsense on this thread. And they've been married for 26yrs and noone has taken my father away. He loves to cook, he would wake up early on weekend mornings and make breakfast 4 the whole family. That's the kind of marriage I want, not some man taking me as his servant.

u wrote that Ūя mum is a working professional but u never tell us W̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇t Ūя old man does cos we know d type of men that condone this type of act from a woman
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
a real men sees the needs of his family and he attends to them without complaining. if you could cook for urself in university, what will make u too important not to cook for ur family when your wife is not able to do so? most men should be like your father

Very very true. Marriage is not slavery. Our African men need to start realizing this. Just because you are married doesn't mean you shouldn't help with the cooking, or cleaning, or laundry, or child rearing. It's these little things that a husband does around the house that keeps their wife happy.
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Elebiju: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

Hiah! Nawa ooo. I shud b in the kitchen while u balance watching football? Is that your idea of a happily married wife? More the reason why we don't fit each other. Y do u keep sayin I am no igbo? My parents are igbo so therefore I am also igbo
the fact that Ūя parents are igbo doesn't make u a thoroughbred igbo,cos u lack the real igbo quality
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by reemix123(m): 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks: some men want to be treated like kings yet they cant afford paying for such a quality life. you want to rot on the couch whilst watching football yet u cant afford a cook at the same time. if your wife has to work hours to bring more money into the house, then you should get those delusional thoughts that she is ur servant out of ur head and put urself to good use
Nothing is delusional its reality...if a woman can't cook what use is she ? so simply have food on the plate is royalty..my dear you are a dreamer
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
Elebiju: u wrote that Ūя mum is a working professional but u never tell us W̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇t Ūя old man does cos we know d type of men that condone this type of act from a woman

My mother is working professional and my father read business admin. He owns a couple businesses and thus sets his own schedule so he is at home more often than my mother. And the reason why he condones this act is because they are in love! maybe thats something that eludes you. they met here in university and have been together eversince. Any other questions?
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Elebiju: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks: some men want to be treated like kings yet they cant afford paying for such a quality life. you want to rot on the couch whilst watching football yet u cant afford a cook at the same time. if your wife has to work hours to bring more money into the house, then you should get those delusional thoughts that she is ur servant out of ur head and put urself to good use
are u writing out of Ūя personal experience?ABI na so daddy D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ do ni
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by reemix123(m): 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

Very very true. Marriage is not slavery. Our African men need to start realizing this. Just because you are married doesn't mean you shouldn't help with the cooking, or cleaning, or laundry, or child rearing. It's these little things that a husband does around the house that keeps their wife happy.
So cooking is now slavery ? You see what happens when the nigerian women leave africa for yankee they forget who they are and then bring alll the bad habits back home and polute the minds of our well bred women
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

he wore the damn clothes why is it an obligation on the woman to put the clothes in the washing machine for him? he ate from the damn plate, he could have starved himself to death if he didnt want to wash it! he contributed in bring those kids into this world what makes him too special to look after them once in a while. pure laziness has turned some men into unbearable creatures.

1 Like

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
reemix123:
So cooking is now slavery ? You see what happens when the nigerian women leave africa for yankee they forget who they are and then bring alll the bad habits back home and polute the minds of our well bred women

I didnt say cooking is slavery. But for you to marry a woman, and expect her to do everything around the house and also work and also do the child rearing, while you just work and watch football, that is slavery. As a man you should be able 2 help your wife when she needs it. that is what we call a good marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
Elebiju: the fact that Ūя parents are igbo doesn't make u a thoroughbred igbo,cos u lack the real igbo quality

So what is a thorough bred Igbo then?
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Elebiju: 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

My mother is working professional and my father read business admin. He owns a couple businesses and thus sets his own schedule so he is at home more often than my mother. Any other question?
hmmmm father stays at home more often than mother,now I see d source of Ūя feminist's opinion of an ideal husband,ABI something like full househusband or housedad
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Elebiju: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

So what is a thorough bred Igbo then?
check d tribe thread
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by reemix123(m): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
he wore the damn clothes why is it an obligation on the woman to put the clothes in the washing machine for him? he ate from the damn plate, he could have starved himself to death if he didnt want to wash it! he contributed in bring those kids into this world what makes him too special to look after them once in a while. pure laziness has turned some men into unbearable creatures.
My dear you better get practising because if by any miracle the US lose to the middle east... sharia law will be implemented over night in washington and you know what that means...you can only show your beautiful eyes and pretty ankles
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks:

Exactly my sister. Some men need to just get off their high horse. It is very very shocking how some naija men act towards their wives. My father doesnt mind doing the cleaning and laundry when he is at home. When there is something that needs to be done in the house, he doesn't wait 4 my mother 2 do it, he takes the initiative and do them. that is a good marriage. But my sister, I went to spend 2 weeks with my aunt and uncle in their home. My aunt was raised here but went 2 naija n met her hubby. She brought her hubby over here. Girl, I was shocked at what I saw while staying with them. My uncle left my aunty to do all the house work. They have a 4yr old and a new born. She took care of both of the children, cooked, cleaned, and did laundry all while my uncle sat on the couch watching tv or went out with his friends. the baby will be there crying and my uncle wouldnt move. Imagine, my kind uncle didnt even know how to change the diaper upon na their second child be that ooo. I pitied my aunty so I helped her around the house. I asked her why she doesnt complain and ask her hubby 4 help n she said dat he will refuse. I was so shocked, na that dey wey my eyes opened about some African men. I went home and told my mom and she said she isn't shocked because my uncle has my aunty under control. I was thinkin to myself abeg, let me have a marriage like my parents own.

1 Like

Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Macky2(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
Your just a black lady trying to live like whites. Talk like your still a teen.

Wow, so if a guy decides to marry me then he is an idiot? I am glad not all men think like you. I have happily married girlfriends here that don't even cook at all 4 their hubbys,atleast white guys don't put too much value on cooking/food. Will you marry food? I thought you are to marry out of love? I didn't say I will never cook for my hubby, I am a career driven woman and once I finish with dental school I will be working a lot so the last thing I need is after a stressful work day is to come home and slave over a hot stove. I will cook every once in a while but it won't be an everyday or week affair. Geeze, this is 1 of the reasons why I can't picture myself marrying a Nigerian man. As if you can't enter into the kitchen and cook something for yourself. [/quote]
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
Elebiju: hmmmm father stays at home more often than mother,now I see d source of Ūя feminist's opinion of an ideal husband,ABI something like full househusband or housedad

He isnt a house husband. He makes his schedule so that he can be at home to spend more time with his family. He hires people that work 4 him so he is able to make his own schedule. he has a office in the house with a camera system which he uses 2 monitor his businesses from home so at times he doesnt even need to leave the house 2 check up on his work...what wrong there?
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
Macky2: Your just a black lady trying to live like whites. Talk like your still a teen.

Wow, so if a guy decides to marry me then he is an idiot? I am glad not all men think like you. I have happily married girlfriends here that don't even cook at all 4 their hubbys,atleast white guys don't put too much value on cooking/food. Will you marry food? I thought you are to marry out of love? I didn't say I will never cook for my hubby, I am a career driven woman and once I finish with dental school I will be working a lot so the last thing I need is after a stressful work day is to come home and slave over a hot stove. I will cook every once in a while but it won't be an everyday or week affair. Geeze, this is 1 of the reasons why I can't picture myself marrying a Nigerian man. As if you can't enter into the kitchen and cook something for yourself.

How am I tryin to be white? I am being me. Is it my fault I was raised in America and thus my way of life might be differnt from urs?
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by reemix123(m): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
[i][/i]
candieangel12:

I didnt say cooking is slavery. But for you to marry a woman, and expect her to do everything around the house and also work and also do the child rearing, while you just work and watch football, that is slavery. As a man you should be able 2 help your wife when she needs it. that is what we call a good marriage.
I have looked up "good marriage" in the dictionary - Definition of good - having the required qualities... Definition of marriage : The formal union of a man and a woman, typically as recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife and woman agrees to cook and look after the house
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Youngzedd(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

Yeah, you made a correct guess. Too busy to slave over a stove 4 now. Even when I get married, my husband shouldn't expect a home cooked meal every day or week, unless he cooks it 4 himself. I will cook only when I feel like it and have the time and strength to do so.

I cook once or two times a day and a girl posted the above.

If it's like, let me remain single.

Men don suffer.
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by candieangel12(f): 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
reemix123: [i][/i]
I have looked up "good marriage" in the dictionary - Definition of good - having the required qualities... Definition of marriage : The formal union of a man and a woman, typically as recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife and woman agrees to cook and look after the house

Which kind yeye defintion is that?
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
Elebiju: check d tribe thread
dear you are being asked to embrace idiotic behaviour lmao. a man who cant afford a cook but he want to live life like he is filthy rich.
Re: How Regularly Should You Cook And Why by Youngzedd(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

I don't have to marry myself. All the white men I have dated didn't put food/cooking as a priority. Instead they cooked for me. So hopefully I will end up marrying a white man.

Funny.
Up till now you still want guys to explain why the white man cooked for you?.

It's because of one tin they cook for you which you should know (s£x) notin more, it's like u are doing bonanza that is why they replaced the money they should have paid with cooking.

Why not marry the white man.

RUBBISH!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves / Easy Puff Puff Recipe In My Kitchen (pics &video) / Cakes By Marie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.