Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number (1435 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / I Didn't Write Down His Number: Now I Can't Call Him Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by miekova(f): 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
there is this guy in my area that i like i think he likes me we jist and laugh and go to work together, he has never asked for my number maybe because we see each other everyday(i think)but i really like him i wish he would be bold to say something, (or maybe he doesn't like me like that oh embarassed ) but i hope he does........
anywayzzzzzzzzz how can i find out if he does? plus i asked him for his number and was later feeing weird about it
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by Kinikini: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
@MIEKOVA,

Calm down. No harm in asking a guy for his number. If he had doubt about starting a relationship with you, the fact that you push the relationship a step ahead will give him reason to consider what he wish to make of your friendship. He may be hesitating because he does not want to hurt you if he was committed to another woman.
If he has plans for you, he would most likely take things further from there. However, do not force him to declare love for you. Should that happen, it would be a ready excuse when he decides to do away with you that is you forced him to the relationship.

All the best.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by xynerise: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
I sense infatuation undecided
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by miekova(f): 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2012
xynerise: I sense infatuation undecided

erm... i like him i didn't say i love him.. but i see him as someone i wouldn't mind having a relationship with.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by vivianc(f): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Go ahead and ask him for his number, its not a big deal ok.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by miekova(f): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
[quote author=vivian chinaza]Go ahead and ask him for his number, its not a big deal ok.
i asked for his number and later started feeling like i shouldn't have. like he is the one suppose to ask,
i hope its that too forward, cos am really beating myself up
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by gawk: 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
Guys are very funny people, you may feel he's just like every guy that need whatever, but it may also just be a normal affair and he sees no reason to get your number. he may like you but just not that special kinda like that bring close ties..
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by miekova(f): 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
gawk: Guys are very funny people, you may feel he's just like every guy that need whatever, but it may also just be a normal affair and he sees no reason to get your number. he may like you but just not that special kinda like that bring close ties..

yeah am afraid so.. ouch but that would hurt me cry anyway i wish there was a way i could find out how he feels about me without asking
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by vivianc(f): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
[quote author=miekova][/quote]

Did he give you the number? If he did place the first call, then watch him, how he reacts and reciprocates. If you get a positive outcome just be his friend, things will work themselves out.

I'm in the same situation, menh......its not easy.....sometimes I get really shy but I guess what I feel for him overcomes my shyness.

Just make sure you guys are on the same page.....as in he wants to be ur friend too.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by vivianc(f): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
miekova:

yeah am afraid so.. ouch but that would hurt me cry anyway i wish there was a way i could find out how he feels about me without asking

Don't be scared baby. The only way you can find out is getting closer to him! But while you do that, just be careful so that you don't lose your respect!

Like I said, just be his friend.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by gawk: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
miekova:

here is a good way to know how he feels about you....try accompanying him to his house act like you are just strolling with him, if he drives go home with him... guyz say their mind when they feel at home, but you must be careful he might be a molester, activate ur brains
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by vivianc(f): 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
gawk:
here is a good way to know how he feels about you....try accompanying him to his house act like you are just strolling with him, if he drives go home with him... guyz say their mind when they feel at home, but you must be careful he might be a molester, activate ur brains

Wrong move! Too soon!

Baby, hang out with him first (it could be in his car, strolling etc, don't talk much about you. Find what he likes and talk about it. Just throw in some personal question once in a while..................don't be too much in a hurry ok.

Just be his friend first!
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
@OP
there is nothing wrong in asking him for his number, BUT what you should do first is to throw hint at him that you like/fancy him....and see how he reacts. there is no point in getting the number of a guy that doesnt like/fancy you back......so study the guy well!
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by gawk: 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Wrong move! Too soon!

Baby, hang out with him first (it could be in his car, strolling etc, don't talk much about you. Find what he likes and talk about it. Just throw in some personal question once in a while..................don't be too much in a hurry ok.

Just be his friend first!
that seems desperate too i am a guy, ladies asking personal question seems cheap and unwanted.. she has every natural instinct to be desperate, use my tactics just act u were just following him unemotionally do not force it but if he stops you from accompanying him then he's not proud of you in taste and preference
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by vivianc(f): 5:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
gawk:
that seems desperate too i am a guy, ladies asking personal question seems cheap and unwanted.. she has every natural instinct to be desperate, use my tactics just act u were just following him unemotionally do not force it but if he stops you from accompanying him then he's not proud of you in taste and preference

Still a wrong move!!!!!!!

Asking a guy a personal question once in a while is not being desperate.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by gabito4luv(m): 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
I wud ans u wit my experienc. I meet a gal in a job interview Aprl dis yr n she askd 4 my no. after d screenin, calld 2 wish we wel whn d result was annoucd. Nw in oct we re so much in luv n God willin she ll b my wife in no distant tym.
So its no biggie 2 ask 4 a guy's no. in as much he is matured 2 act accordinly

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by gawk: 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Still a wrong move!!!!!!!

Asking a guy a personal question once in a while is not being desperate.

Drop three personal questions here that will cure the curiosity of the OP on this guy state of mind
1.?
2.?
3.?
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by vivianc(f): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
gawk:

Drop three personal questions here that will cure the curiosity of the OP on this guy state of mind
1.?
2.?
3.?

Ok, I'm assuming she is already known his name..................and they have been gisting.
1. Start with what he likes and dislikes. E.g, do you drink? Do you play chess? Menh work these days is hectic, how do you unwind? Bla bla bla.........
3. Talk about education and then ask him where he graduated from.
2. Joke about his "imaginary" girlfriend then come out straight and ask him!

The clue, whatever she wanna ask him, she should begin a conversation about that.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by gawk: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Ok, I'm assuming she is already known his name..................and they have been gisting.
1. Start with what he likes and dislikes. E.g, do you drink? Do you play chess? Menh work these days is hectic, how do you unwind? Bla bla bla.........
3. Talk about education and then ask him where he graduated from.
2. Joke about his "imaginary" girlfriend then come out straight and ask him!

The clue, whatever she wanna ask him, she should begin a conversation about that.
Q.1&2
these are typical interview question
Q3 still is a good discuss
you are on point.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
I wonder how someone will really want something cos u obviously do and would be fronting cos of culture or not to appear cheap. Mscheww... Jst be dull ehn until he asks u wat gift to buy for his gf after he has been taken by anoda girl b4 ur eyes open. It is him u want. Nothing bad in giving him a little push.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by jkross(m): 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
Go ahead an ask for his number, call him ones or twice to know how he is doing..then chill and see how long it takes him to return your call..if he takes long without no good reason then he is not just into you..but if he calls fine..after that if watch him closely , his utterances speaks best as to how and what he feels for you..be on guard don't get carried away.. So you might catch him if he tries to take advantage of the fact that you asked for his number and want to mistake you for cheap..

Goodluck
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
Whatever works for you.
Re: Is It Ok For A Lady To Be The First To Ask A Guy For His Number by moodswing(m): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
As a matter of principle. A girl should ask a guy for his number first.

(1) (Reply)

Romance Gone Sour On Facebook...enjoy / Madly In Love With My Friend / Where Did You Meet Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.