Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Seeing my first love once again. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seeing my first love once again. (4555 Views)

He Called And Apologize After Seeing My Nakednes.s(part 2) / How Can I Stop Seeing My Ex In My Dreams? / Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
Last week,I went to meet an old friend of mine at Festac Town.As I was walikng towards the gate of her house,someone tapped me from behind.To my greatest surprise,it was my very first love! The first boyfriend I had before getting married.I haven't seen him for close to 10 years.I hugged him and was about kissing him before I remembered...oops! I was married.I didn't know when I startted crying.well we talked at length and he told me he was getting married next month.I was also shocked that his wife to be was a friend I met lately.well,I felt a lil bit envious and I just remembered how he broke my heart! It took me like a year before I finally forgave him after we spilt.he kept begging me to forgive him which I did and I didn't see him till today.
Now the problem is he invited me to his wedding.I don't know if I should attend the wedding.ok before then,he introduced me to his wife to be telling her we once dated.
Now as a friend to his fiancee,am scared the lady might wanna ask me what went wrong between both of us.

Number 1:should I attend the wedding?
Number 2:is it necessary to tell my new friend about the relationship I had with his future husband? Remember that the lady and I are new friends before I bumped into my ex.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Rocktation(f): 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
1. Go. For the sake of your new friend.
2. No...unless it's absolutely necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Mynd44: 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
If you are totally over it, which I don't think you are, go.
Wait what am I doing here?
**hisses**

2 Likes

Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
go to the wedding but it's gonna be too awkward
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
a. Yes. Go.
b. You don't need to tell your new friend anything. Even if she asks, do not tell her, unless it's a life and death situation or something mega serious, which I doubt. You're not obligated to tell her anything. If she asks, tell her you would rather not talk about it, because it's in the past. Let them start their relationship anew, you don't want your input to influence their marriage in any way, so do not talk about the past. Leave it be.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by pendo89(f): 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
Why not? It's been 10 years already and you are married.Refusing to attend means you still have an emotional attachment.Whether good or bad it doesn't matter.

DO NOT discuss your relationship with him. That's gone past! history. Leave her to discover/explore for herself cz they are together and focus on ur marriage.

Who knows,she may bring out the best in him even if he was nasty to you.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by fairygeh(f): 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
@ OP,yes u should go,and secondly u dnt need to tell ur new friend anything,let bygones be,so not necessary.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Idowuogbo(f): 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
If you already feeling a Lil envious, I suggest you avoid d wedding. As for d new friend wahala,It's best u let her no u rather not engage in such discussions cus wot happened in the past shud stay in d past.In short! if she becomes persistent, provoke give am mehn! She b woman, am sure she nos d meaning of first love, so her brain shud register not everyone will be entirely comfortable bringing up issues from d past.Shikena!!
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
Attending the wedding is not the issue.. paying each other visitations in a private place after the wedding is the issue..

Please be careful... I don talk my own sha.

1 Like

Re: Seeing my first love once again. by 190theclown: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
Don't go - come to-my wedding instead cheesy
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
Do not tell her...
Not all ladies enjoy meeting whom their men has been with...
You've actually enjoyed her property man and the knowledge of that won't feel so good

Re: Seeing my first love once again. by patholaw: 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
All of u saying she should attend should not 4get 2 tell her 2 keep her distance 4rm d guy....cuz u said u almost kissed him wen u saw him....don't start a topic in d future dat u slept wit ur fwend husband oh. KEEP UR DISTANCE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
190-the-clown:
Don't go - come to-my wedding instead cheesy
lol! You no serious
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
Idowuogbo: If you already feeling a Lil envious, I suggest you avoid d wedding. As for d new friend wahala,It's best u let her no u rather not engage in such discussions cus wot happened in the past shud stay in d past.In short! if she becomes persistent, provoke give am mehn! She b woman, am sure she nos d meaning of first love, so her brain shud register not everyone will be entirely comfortable bringing up issues from d past.Shikena!!
babe thanks o! I will do just that.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
Thanks y'all for your advice.I do appreciate.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
berem: babe thanks o! I will do just that.
U welcome mamasita! kiss
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by tpia5: 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
Dont know if you're christian or muslim but i'd say read your bible instead.

1 Like

Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Goldieluks: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2012
patholaw: All of u saying she should attend should not 4get 2 tell her 2 keep her distance 4rm d guy....cuz u said u almost kissed him wen u saw him....don't start a topic in d future dat u slept wit ur fwend husband oh. KEEP UR DISTANCE!!!
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2012
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 24, 2012
Do'nt go to the wedding. He may decide to marry you instead and abandon his bride of the day! sad
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 24, 2012
Answer to 1; Go for the wedding.
Answer to 2;don't tell her any shit.The past is past.It is dead
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by yuzedo: 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
Berem, so you met the person that used to nyash you before?? undecided
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Exponental(m): 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
U know WE nairalanders wont be there if issues come up. Share it with ur hubby, if he says yes....YES! If he says no......NO!
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 29, 2012
Abeg let sleeping dogs lie jare...You can always apologize to your friend why u can't make it. Just say u av anoda occasion on that same day. U still have some feelings for him. Don't turn to an home breaker. Plss be careful. It's two different homes that are involved. Try and keep ur distance.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by tpia5: 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
Time space continuum.

Trying to go back in time , an impossibility, generally speaking.

Inasmuch as time and the earth do not stand still.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Gboliwe: 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
berem: Last week,I went to meet an old friend of mine at Festac Town.As I was walikng towards the gate of her house,someone tapped me from behind.To my greatest surprise,it was my very first love! The first boyfriend I had before getting married.I haven't seen him for close to 10 years.I hugged him and was about kissing him before I remembered...oops! I was married.I didn't know when I startted crying.well we talked at length and he told me he was getting married next month.I was also shocked that his wife to be was a friend I met lately.well,I felt a lil bit envious and I just remembered how he broke my heart! It took me like a year before I finally forgave him after we spilt.he kept begging me to forgive him which I did and I didn't see him till today.
Now the problem is he invited me to his wedding.I don't know if I should attend the wedding.ok before then,he introduced me to his wife to be telling her we once dated.
Now as a friend to his fiancee,am scared the lady might wanna ask me what went wrong between both of us.

Number 1:should I attend the wedding?
Number 2:is it necessary to tell my new friend about the relationship I had with his future husband? Remember that the lady and I are new friends before I bumped into my ex.
acidosis™:
Attending the wedding is not the issue.. paying each other visitations in a private place after the wedding is the issue..

Please be careful... I don talk my own sha.
Be mindful of the bold part
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
It is only a matter of time before he will start yanshing you again.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by donchris9999: 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
pDude: It is only a matter of time before he will start yanshing you again.
kai, guy you wicked ooooooooo..... you mean the girl has no moral value, goin back to her first love for yanshing when she don marry. Anyway the girl na ashi, she can fuckkkk anything fuckableeeeeeeeeee................ A MARRIED WOMAN COME FOR NAIRALAND DEY TALK ABOUT FIRST LOVE.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by vikings809: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
Go for the wedding sisimi.....& u don't have to tell yhur new friend anything *private* unless its a matter of life n death
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by Dipwater(m): 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] as sleep no gree come nau make i kuku turn to technical adviser

1, attend the wedding

2,dont discuss anything with her it culd lead to something else,

3,be wise .1st luv na 1st luv .old feelings culd creap up and b4 u know it ,it wuld be difficult to control it

4,after the wedding ,if u dont wanna mess things up try not to see the guy again,avoid him ,dont exchange nos,i nknow what i am talking about.let the past stay in the past .i can see u still have felings for him.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by PoliteActivist: 2:27am On Sep 20, 2022
The best way to fight temptation is to avoid it.
Don't go, and also henceforth avoid any contact with him. Constantly remind yourself what a horrible person he was and how he callously broke your heart.
Re: Seeing my first love once again. by N3wman: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2022
PoliteActivist:
The best way to fight temptation is to avoid it.
Don't go, and also henceforth avoid any contact with him. Constantly remind yourself what a horrible person he was and how he callously broke your heart.
Oga your advice is about 10 years late

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Girls Fond Of Doing This? / What Men Should Look Out For Before Marrying A Woman / Man Lay Hands On Wife's Boob In Pre-wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.