Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (101677 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by donifez(m): 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
Larry i duff my hat for thee,am a voracious reader but cant write much,am more of a poet,you will be a great force in the literary world, more stockfish in your soup.....lol,will send u a mail soon.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by lapagegirl(f): 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
Wow larry dis is superb, u̶̲̥̅̊ re just too good.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
Sike: Nice one.
Thanks, Sike.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
onobi7: There is a novel by the same name though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=brand+of+cain

Yeah, but not the same plots.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
ijebabe: This must be the meaning of love at first sight. Im on phone and can't read it all now but will come back soon coz I can't wait to be amazed.
Good job op.

Thank you, Ijebabe. You'd be amazed, trust me.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
viciati: w
Thanks.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
nzeaji: I just read the first two chapters. Man, you are good. Double thumbs up for you. smiley
Thank you, Nzeaji. The remaining chapters won't disappoint you.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
aysometin: Well done...you are talented

This is amazing

Loved every bit of it
Thanks for the accolade, Ay. Bless you.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2012
semid4lyfe: I didn't follow the story from the beginning so it's kinda hard reading all the chapters now. . .read chapter 1-5 though and I liked it.

Larry-Sun, please send me an e-copy of the novel when it's available. Thanks

Thank you, Semid. You've been so wonderful. Oh yes, I shall send the e-copy as soon as it is available. THANK YOU.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
Lyzbet: I just finished readin 'The Brand of Cain', and all people can see me do is making facial expressions at my phone. They keep looking at me with wondering eyes. They cant understand.
Larry dear, would you please post 'The Paradox of Abel' too. Please.
Probably not now. Cause am still in love with 'The Brand of Cain'.

LOL! They can't understand, I agree with you there.
However, The Paradox Of Abel, I'm afraid, will still remain under lock and keys. Forgive me. But with time, I may just decide to post it. Thanks for loving The Brand Of Cain.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
Enitsua: . Larry don't u touch dat modify option, The story is perfect, it is very possible for a girl to yeild to passion in d midst of dat situation, Hav in mind dat she is a young girl who is already ripe to be plucked...Novels r nt meant to sound like every day existence it is meant to dazzle, entertain, and shock. Ride on Larry still reading on...

Thank you, Enitsua. I believe you'll like the end of this first book. You'll be enchanted.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
vislabraye: I think you should publish it.
Getting it published is my aspiration. Thank you, buddy.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2012
Enitsua: Larry I will be very dissappointed if I found out dat u did nt published dis work B4 u posted it here...Do u know what patent is? Find out. Still reading on...
Would you care to post your e-mail address, Enitsua? I have a confession for you. wink
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
uniqueren: too bad i just found your story today
and so wasn't able to encourage you all the way.
I managed to start and finish the novel (more like the only thing i did today).
unfortunately they have said all i would have wanted to say, but then *lots of hugs*
.... You simply rock dearie....

Thanks for the hugs. I was initially afraid of being smacked on the head.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
Damex333: Larry sun,man u killed it,it suspense,links,twists,is just superb,too bad i just found it,i wanted 2 cheer u all d way. The tin i like most is d links and twist. D story is a bit of everything. Man WELDONE

Thanks, Damex. I only strive to creating intelligent entertainment. I'm glad you like the story. Bless you. smiley
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2012
Iaz93: Larry weldone oh...more oil to ur engine. *Reading again*
Iaz, you're really re-reading it? God bless you.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Afamdman(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hello larry. Very nice story, twist and plots I must commend you. Just recently started finding my love for reading fiction novels again. So your story was refreshing. So my own reviews.
1. Am surprised many people didn't catch on the gateman was in on it. I did. When he was lost in taught about losing his job and then further with this. "Old Chima waited till he could no more hear the faint sound of the jeep as it sped down the road curve, then he made the call." Once I read that I knew he had a hand in it. To think this was in page 1 and many missed it. But then, the little trick you pulled by linking it up to the call to the lawyer did the trick.
2. I found your of description of some (scenes)overly too much or unneccessary, like you were trying to hard to put your point accros, how the place looked like, or how the person past was, you made it a bit too nollywood, you should allow us the readers imagination do the rest, too much spoon feeding is a better word.
In conclusion great book. Would do best as a movie though if directed properly. Thank you for sharing.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
jayslickyslicky: Please Larry,please refresh my memory.who is Raymond phillip(is't Richard phillip's father)...

Jays, by tracing the subtle twitching of the web, you shall arrive at the arachnid which wove the thread.
Raymond Philip is Richard's step-dad. Martha Benson (Arewa, Rosemary) is Richard's mother. If you figure it out, you shall understand the irony inherent in the plot from the beginning and the end. However, surprise and astonishment still lurk behind the plots in THE PARADOX OF ABEL.
Thanks for reading THE BRAND OF CAIN.
Bless you.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
don ifez: Larry i duff my hat for thee,am a voracious reader but cant write much,am more of a poet,you will be a great force in the literary world, more stockfish in your soup.....lol,will send u a mail soon.

I like that 'more stockfish in my soup'...I like stockfish. Thank you, will be expecting your mail.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
lapagegirl: Wow larry dis is superb, u̶̲̥̅̊ re just too good.

Thank you, Lapagirl. I'm glad you liked it.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Afamdman(m): 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
Also one other thing. Time (age) you have like 3 generations of people here, but your description confuses their ages. But I forgive you, would be a bit difficul to hide in a movie though. Means cain should be like 15-17 years older than abel.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
Afamdman: Hello larry. Very nice story, twist and plots I must commend you. Just recently started finding my love for reading fiction novels again. So your story was refreshing. So my own reviews.
1. Am surprised many people didn't catch on the gateman was in on it. I did. When he was lost in taught about losing his job and then further with this. "Old Chima waited till he could no more hear the faint sound of the jeep as it sped down the road curve, then he made the call." Once I read that I knew he had a hand in it. To think this was in page 1 and many missed it. But then, the little trick you pulled by linking it up to the call to the lawyer did the trick.
2. I found your of description of some (scenes)overly too much or unneccessary, like you were trying to hard to put your point accros, how the place looked like, or how the person past was, you made it a bit too nollywood, you should allow us the readers imagination do the rest, too much spoon feeding is a better word.
In conclusion great book. Would do best as a movie though if directed properly. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you, Afam. You just made my night with this comment. I like having my flaws getting pointed out to me as much as I like the raves I receive.
1. I guess the red-herring I employed wasn't an enough 'deceit' on you. But, I'll like to know if you suspected the photographer before his own confession...if you did, then I'd have to go back to my drawing board of logical deduction. Lol! Just kidding. You're better than Lot.
2. I'm merely a story-teller...not yet a writer, not quite. But with time, I shall improve. I look up to the likes of Wodehouse, Poe, Chesterton Achebe and Adichie...all these are WRITERS who blend their styles with impressive stories. I see myself as the half of the pie yet.

Oh! If, however, it is worthy of motion pictures, Cameron and Spielberg must come to Nigeria. Lol!
Thanks buddy. smiley
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
Afamdman: Hello larry. Very nice story, twist and plots I must commend you. Just recently started finding my love for reading fiction novels again. So your story was refreshing. So my own reviews.
Thank you, Afam. You just made my night with this comment. I like having my flaws getting pointed out to me as much as I like the raves I receive.
1. I guess the red-herring I employed wasn't an enough 'deceit' on you. But, I'll like to know if you suspected the photographer before his own confession...if you did, then I'd have to go back to my drawing board of logical deduction. Lol! Just kidding. You're better than Lot.
2. I'm merely a story-teller...not yet a writer, not quite. But with time, I shall improve. I look up to the likes of Wodehouse, Poe, Chesterton Achebe and Adichie...all these are WRITERS who blend their styles with impressive stories. I see myself as the half of the pie yet.

Oh! If, however, it is worthy of motion pictures, Cameron and Spielberg must come to Nigeria. Lol!
Thanks buddy. smiley
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
Afamdman: Also one other thing. Time (age) you have like 3 generations of people here, but your description confuses their ages. But I forgive you, would be a bit difficul to hide in a movie though. Means cain should be like 15-17 years older than abel.

For forgiving me, you now have a seat reserved for you in paradise.
Cain was actually 18years when Abel was born.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Afamdman(m): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
I never paid any attention to the photographer, you never gave me any reason to. He didn't make an impact, except you want to give him more role to play. Except you mentioning mr eze making sure he was around, you didn't give us something to suspect him. I like it this way. Though in a movie it would be better seen than read in a book. Like him developing the film and taking a closer look at the dead man, and a cut to another room inside the studio, where we now have on the wall,different pictures of cain that would make some good suspense. But great story.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Afamdman: I never paid any attention to the photographer, you never gave me any reason to. He didn't make an impact, except you want to give him more role to play. Except you mentioning mr eze making sure he was around, you didn't give us something to suspect him. I like it this way. Though in a movie it would be better seen than read in a book. Like him developing the film and taking a closer look at the dead man, and a cut to another room inside the studio, where we now have on the wall,different pictures of cain that would make some good suspense. But great story.

The pointers are there, but you didn't take much notice.
1. The lawyer noticed that the photographer was an inexperienced one (Ch 10). Imagine someone who knew nothing about photography noticing that a photographer was taking amateurish shots of a corpse.
2. Richard asked about the photographer's name, but Chima told him by scrambling the name ABEL to LEBA.
3. Lot said he received some money through a bank account by the name Abel Martins.
4. Hakeem asked about the photographer, but Chima shut him up.
They were all there, plainly visible.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Afamdman(m): 6:02am On Dec 03, 2012
Ike I said it didn't take notice, it was not enough to raise any red flags, you wrote it, so your the only one in on the inside joke. Changing the name to leba, won't raise any flag, hakeem asking after the photographer didn't do it for me either, you made us believe words from hakeem were not to be paid much attention to, his youth and clownish attitude. As for the photographer not taking good pictures, hmmmmm still nothing there. The only thing that would have raised the flag to me, was "what was mr eze chima doing making sure the photographer was around. I would think the photographer was working for the police. But quite frankly if you didn't write the epilogue we won't have been none the wiser, except of course me. Because I would still have asked you of mr eze chima making that call. grin
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2012
Afamdman: Ike I said it didn't take notice, it was not enough to raise any red flags, you wrote it, so your the only one in on the inside joke. Changing the name to leba, won't raise any flag, hakeem asking after the photographer didn't do it for me either, you made us believe words from hakeem were not to be paid much attention to, his youth and clownish attitude. As for the photographer not taking good pictures, hmmmmm still nothing there. The only thing that would have raised the flag to me, was "what was mr eze chima doing making sure the photographer was around. I would think the photographer was working for the police. But quite frankly if you didn't write the epilogue we won't have been none the wiser, except of course me. Because I would still have asked you of mr eze chima making that call. grin
Okay, forgive my errors

[quote author=Afamdman]Ike I said it didn't take notice, it was not enough to raise any red flags, you wrote it, so your the only one in on the inside joke. Changing the name to leba, won't raise any flag, hakeem asking after the photographer didn't do it for me either, you made us believe words from hakeem were not to be paid much attention to, his youth and clownish attitude. As for the photographer not taking good pictures, hmmmmm still nothing there. The only thing that would have raised the flag to me, was "what was mr eze chima doing making sure the photographer was around. I would think the photographer was working for the police. But quite frankly if you didn't write the epilogue we won't have been none the wiser, except of course me. Because I would still have asked you of mr eze chima making that call. grin[/quote

I wasn't cheating my audience...I tied all the knots therein, except the affairs of Jamal. I even wrote that the audience can make a solution to the mystery. Abel is liable to suspicion, as others are, only that it would be somehow difficult for the readers to come up with how he murdered Cain; and almost impossible to ascertain his relationship with the deceased. Another pointer reflected in Daniel's confession 'I thought I shot the pistol wide'. About Abel, if I had made his actions more conspicuous, everybody would have suspected him, and that would have killed the chapter 25. I initially wanted to include him among those people Lot questioned, but I thought better of it. His presence there would seem meaningless. Moreover, the doctor was there but he wasn't questioned.
Okay, forgive my errors...I just hope you weren't too disappointed. I pray the plotting isn't too puerile for your liking.
Bless you, sir.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by avicky(f): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
Larry-Sun:

The pointers are there, but you didn't take much notice.
1. The lawyer noticed that the photographer was an inexperienced one (Ch 10). Imagine someone who knew nothing about photography noticing that a photographer was taking amateurish shots of a corpse.
2. Richard asked about the photographer's name, but Chima told him by scrambling the name ABEL to LEBA.
3. Lot said he received some money through a bank account by the name Abel Martins.
4. Hakeem asked about the photographer, but Chima shut him up.
They were all there, plainly visible.

Yes, i noticed them all. And when it was time for Lot's investigation, d fotographer was d only one absent and dt young muslim boy spotted his absence.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2012
avicky:
Yes, i noticed them all. And when it was time for Lot's investigation, d fotographer was d only one absent and dt young muslim boy spotted his absence.

You mean you already suspected Abel? That's intelligent, Avicky.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by HipsyDipsy(f): 7:01am On Dec 04, 2012
All I can say is WOW! Thumbs up larry sun. U made ♍Ɣ little heart skip @ some points in d novel. Great work. Held M̶̲̥̅ƹ spellbound for hours. Buh I knew dere was an "abel" somewhere. Caught dt wen I saw dis inchapter 5
"and most importantly, he needed the assistance of Abel to finish the business at hand first, and if that was done, Eze Chima would not have any reason to work here anymore. Because, by that time, everything would have changed immensely"
U shlda seen M̶̲̥̅ƹ shouting "I talk am!" Wen I found out abt Abel ; ;DD more grease 2 ur elbow bro. Sincerely hope u get published.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by legendprac(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2012
ijebabe: This must be the meaning of love at first sight. Im on phone and can't read it all now but will come back soon coz I can't wait to be amazed.
Good job op.

Aha... She's here... Was waiting for ya...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

The Day The World Ended / #my Life / Tormented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.