Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,373 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. - Family (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. (36050 Views)

They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Buried Baby Dug Out Alive In Lagos / Congratulations Debrief On Your New Bouncing Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (32) (Go Down)

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ihedinobi: @coogar, dude, I'm a lil too mad right now to finish pp22-25. But I'll try. Before I go back my effort though, I think that it is very necessary that I tell you that what I have read so far from you is the most insensitive, anti-intellectual drivel I ever had the misfortune to see with my eyes. Smh

you better swallow cyanide and complete the misery of your misfortune, you unrepentant pederast!

3 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by baby124: 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ihedinobi: @coogar, dude, I'm a lil too mad right now to finish pp22-25. But I'll try. Before I go back my effort though, I think that it is very necessary that I tell you that what I have read so far from you is the most insensitive, anti-intellectual drivel I ever had the misfortune to see with my eyes. Smh
grin grin grin
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by denzel2009: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
slimyem: 24 pages and counting,not one man has come out to tell us how he was abused and how he got out alive..
Is it that they are not bold enough to tell their stories or what?

They have used otumorkpo on us.. we cant talk.
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

you better swallow cyanide and complete the misery of your misfortune, you unrepentant pederast!

Damn! Dude, I finally finished it. Never saw such rank idiocy in my life except in the religion section. It's far more pathetic here because this is real life not philosophical ponderings.

Yo beefin cos men are more the culprits here? What nonsense! Why don't you provide instances of men who got killed by their wives or who escaped from their wives' lethal abuse? I assure you you'll win some award of some sort for it.

Quit being a hater. Men are physically stronger than women, weight for weight. If anyone exerts physical strength to overpower and bully the other to the point of threatening their lives, it's more likely to be the man than the woman. Considering that fact, why the hell is it an issue that such threads as this should be more populated by women's stories than men's? You don't need to be taught elementary biology and social studies, do you?

What's with "fair-minded", "360-degree-perspective" buffoons like you? Why'd you think being having a robust perspective and considering all angles necessarily makes the first party guilty? What the hell do you have in your skull?

Fools like you piss me the hell off. And no, I don't need cyanide, I'm not self-destructive like fools tend to be.

11 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Damn! Dude, I finally finished it. Never saw such rank idiocy in my life except in the religion section. It's far more pathetic here because this is real life not philosophical ponderings.

Yo beefin cos men are more the culprits here? What nonsense! Why don't you provide instances of men who got killed by their wives or who escaped from their wives' lethal abuse? I assure you you'll win some award of some sort for it.

Quit being a hater. Men are physically stronger than women, weight for weight. If anyone exerts physical strength to overpower and bully the other to the point of threatening their lives, it's more likely to be the man than the woman. Considering that fact, why the hell is it an issue that such threads as this should be more populated by women's stories than men's? You don't need to be taught elementary biology and social studies, do you?

What's with "fair-minded", "360-degree-perspective" buffoons like you? Why'd you think being having a robust perspective and considering all angles necessarily makes the first party guilty? What the hell do you have in your skull?

Fools like you piss me the hell off. And no, I don't need cyanide, I'm not self-destructive like fools tend to be.
Okay Now, I want to upgrade to this younger version of my husband, Oh my, you speak just like him.,

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by slimyem: 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
denzel2009:

They have used otumorkpo on us.. we cant talk.
Dunno what the bolded means but please tell us your story if you have one....
We await...
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
debrief08:
See as you hang me on the other thread, waiting with popcorn wey i send them buy for me for office, hian, now I have to burn calories without enjoying the benefit of ghen ghen.
Meanwhile, Engirish hian

Sorry o, sister mi. Haven't been online. About to go see if he's shown up. smiley

cotton101: ihedinobi - ur asking what party - i told u i have sisters and ur ignoring the issue after i went to buy red paint this evening

Ah! E ma binu o, ejoo. Forgive me. You no hear say hunter de first prepare before him enter bush? Make I hang matter well na before I come block ya sisters dem na grin grin grin
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by maran1983(f): 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Thank you for taking time to drop your comment; even though it's a painful experience, this experience will help single ladies to watch out for signs of an abuser.

I would love to read more about your experiences. Thank God you came out of it.
It wasn't easy, I thank God for finally opening my eyes in the nick of time.
I feel so embarrassed when I think of all the things I went through; you see I was supposedly a smart chic, someone who knew what was up yet I fell for a lunatic and got subjected to verbal and mental torture for almost two years and to think we were planning on getting married, I'm shuddering @the thought.
One time he said we should stop being intimate cos it was against God's plan for us, I agreed. I was spending a weekend @his place and he didn't let me rest, kept bugging me for s*x. I refused, he grovelled, lamented, pleaded, all what not but I still said no. Later that evening he came to me, put his head on my lap and talked to me in a very kind and loving way, that as a man he had needs and because of the love he had for me he couldn't cheat on me etc so finally I accepted. You won't believe it, immediately we were done this guy turns around and calls me cheap! Why couldn't I say no and stick with it, he's sure that's how I've been going around having s*x with everybody.
I felt like a complete fool, even now remembering that incident I'm trying so hard not to burst into tears.
I honestly thank God I found the strength to leave.

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ihedinobi:

look at this hypersensitive imbëcile and his brainless rants.
this is not the religious section, you would get pulled apart here if you display any iota of stüpidity here...so cos women are more likely to be abused mean men should be ignored?
i have never seen such obsequiousness in my entire life - are you serious? you have never seen or heard of women who killed their husbands? women who poured acid on their partners?

well - one my pet peeves is having to tutor semi-illiterate unexposed silverbacks like yourself - someone should show this obnoxious obese cretin a tv show called "snapped" before he infects the whole nairaland community with his tunnel vision! in the punditry of hard currency, your intelligence at best would be the somalian shillings! you are so poor in spirit it embarrasses me that we can even exchange words! half-baked graduates like yourself should not even be allowed to discuss the weather let alone an intellectual discourse such as this!

you're pathetic!

6 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by slimyem: 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
maran1983:
I feel so embarrassed when I think of all the things I went through; you see I was supposedly a smart chic, someone who knew what was up yet I fell for a lunatic and got subjected to verbal and mental torture for almost two years and to think we were planning on getting married, I'm shuddering @the thought.
One time he said we should stop being intimate cos it was against God's plan for us, I agreed. I was spending a weekend @his place and he didn't let me rest, kept bugging me for s*x. I refused, he grovelled, lamented, pleaded, all what not but I still said no. Later that evening he came to me, put his head on my lap and talked to me in a very kind and loving way, that as a man he had needs and because of the love he had for me he couldn't cheat on me etc so finally I accepted. You won't believe it, immediately we were done this guy turns around and calls me cheap! Why couldn't I say no and stick with it, he's sure that's how I've been going around having s*x with everybody.
I felt like a complete fool, even now remembering that incident I'm trying so hard not to burst into tears.
Are you my alter??
Story sounds all very familiar..except for the verbal torture part.
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by pak: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
jennykadry: OK, my Thread title should have read : RichyvKunt, johndoe, guitar4life and those that came out with their minimum 6 inch d!cks and 12 inches maximum, come hiaaa. I gat questions for ya

WATCH THIS SPACE

coogar:

chaii grin grin grin
Of big heads, soft bones and fat bellies,
what won't I see on Nairaland !!!!!!
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by maran1983(f): 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
slimyem: Are you my alter??
Story sounds all very familiar..except for the verbal torture part.
Lol, maybe I am
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Tgirl4real(f): 11:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Wow! Well said sir.
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Pitykitten: 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
I've been reading this all day,sobbing and being a kitten..and then I read Coogar's posts. Looool. Wait. Are you the 'comedy half hour' person? You find the thread an insult to good men? Hahahaha. Sit please.

Oh yeah,what's with the unnecessary Engilsh from most of y'all? Well,we have to show how educated we are,don't we? I'm new here,and OMG its so much fun already. Haha.

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
Pitykitten: I've been reading this all day,sobbing and being a kitten..and then I read Coogar's posts. Looool. Wait. Are you the 'comedy half hour' person? You find the thread an insult to good men? Hahahaha. Sit please.

oh, shut up already with your sob stories - your hypocrisy makes me sick....you didn't sob when you lost a loved one to cancer but yeah - you sobbed cos you were reading tales akin to nollywood movies here - well done! keep going, you would get a medallion for sobbing by the end of the year!

Oh yeah,what's with the unnecessary Engilsh from most of y'all? Well,we have to show how educated we are,don't we? I'm new here,and OMG its so much fun already. Haha.

arrant nonsense!
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Busybody2(f): 11:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
nikkyshyne: I think Airpure was misunderstood. She is clearly against abuse. I think she only missed it at her choice of words.

She was trying not to be biased and sited some possible excuses why some 'men change for the worse'. She wasn't referring to anybody on this thread.

Just my opinion. Don't bite me abeg. kiss

You are not gonna get bitten, instead you have automatically catapulted your status into a bonafied Honourary member of Guitarlife's Croonies Club (Club GCC). Welcome onboard, hope you came equipped for the ride cheesy

oluite:

Please why couldn't the others infer this?Was it easier to keep asking consistently what debrief did on her part to cause the abuse?!
Please Uncle Seru come and post your take.I would love to hear it as would others as well.

Well with the cackling baying mob/thread ushers who had taken it upon themselves to cross every "t's" and dot every "I's" of any post that don't align with their inane banalities, how could anyone get in a word edgewise?

TV01:

BB - kind, but at best conjecture. There could be as many different interpretations as there are readers. And let me ask this, would God let one who is His go through all of that? And to what avail, what purpose? And would God have to use divorce which He hates too bring about His purpose? Wasn't the Angel a little late?

Guitarlife - after a heavy pounding - cited "demon possession" and ran. I have experience of those married to demon possessed spouses. There were signs. They were ignored. There are always pointers.

Nah, it wasn't done on any religious ground, but from a psychological perspective. And it was intended for Guitarlife. . .

TV01:

As to "blame" - call it what you will blame, culpability, responsibility, fault, whatever. No one is blaming an abusee for an abusers responses. That is always the abusers choice. But two things, whatever the vitriol in response, sensible people will always ask 1. why did you transact with this person in the first place and 2. what was it that precipitated the abuse. Perfectly reasonable questions to ask.

Funnily enough I also wrote up my reading of the situation and the main players, but I'll leave that for now. The rub with Debriefs story is that it sounds glossed to the point of being campaign material. At some crucial - easily overlooked points - it just doesn't wash;

1. Prior to marriage he was an angel, and no one saw or said a thing. Barely 6 months after he was a demon?
2. Through all this Debrief remained blameless (I'm not talking unsalted soup here). Whilst every other avatar was villified except her 2nd husband?
3. And even if I had a large dose of incredulity administered, along with a few "belief suspension" tabs and somehow manged to forcibly swallow points 1. and 2., will I really confess that God - and for no apparent reason - abandoned one who was faithful to Him? Lemme open wide, I'm happy to guzzle on vitriol.

Best
TV

Hmmm, this is the reason for their paranoia sending them into overdrive and reason for them closing ranks. And their sycophants are not helping matter tripping themselves up to muffle people with an alternate POV, ludicrously reading meaning into forumites innocuous comments.

They fear that these questions would open them up to their faults, whereas people asking were not doing so to condemn but to genuinely find out hints and tips on what to look out for. . .

2 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Tgirl4real(f): 11:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
After reading some comments, I think I kinda get Coogar's point, but I doubt it's relevant on this thread. The Op has already stated the direction she wants the thread to go.
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by EfemenaXY: 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

oh, shut up already with your sob stories - your hypocrisy makes me sick....you didn't sob when you lost a loved one to cancer but yeah - you sobbed cos you were reading tales akin to nollywood movies here - well done! keep going, you would get a medallion for sobbing by the end of the year!

arrant nonsense!

Coogar, why're you doing this?

Don't you realise this thread is meant to be a medium for people to share their experiences? What's wrong with Pittykitten emphasizing with the narrators and the ordeal they went through?

No one's asking you to like or even believe the stories. This thread isn't even about validating, justifying, judging or apportioning blame to anyone. All this thread is aiming to do is to encourage people to open up and tell others what they went through. We've all learnt a thing or two here.

Besides, it takes real guts for a victim of abuse to open up and talk about it. Talking about the ordeal is therapeutic and is a form of self-help too.

maran1983:

@Maran, re the bolded statement: Pls don't beat yourself up over what happened.

See, this is the beef I've got with our so-called born-again-bible-wielding-holier-than-thou-Christian brothers. We're all human beings and whether they like it or not, we as humans do have physical needs. There is a saying: Body nor be wood. It's no mean feat fighting your hormonal needs. You need to be superhumanly disciplined to do that. Heck, even religious leaders who swear oaths of celibacy do succumb to their physical needs.

It takes two to tango. You ex had no right to lay the blame for his weakness squarely on you. Afterall, he did initiate it, didn't he?

Good thing though that you've moved on girl. Kudos to you.

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

look at this hypersensitive imbëcile and his brainless rants.
this is not the religious section, you would get pulled apart here if you display any iota of stüpidity here...so cos women are more likely to be abused mean men should be ignored?
i have never seen such obsequiousness in my entire life - are you serious? you have never seen or heard of women who killed their husbands? women who poured acid on their partners?

well - one my pet peeves is having to tutor semi-illiterate unexposed silverbacks like yourself - someone should show this obnoxious obese cretin a tv show called "snapped" before he infects the whole nairaland community with his tunnel vision! in the punditry of hard currency, your intelligence at best would be the somalian shillings! you are so poor in spirit it embarrasses me that we can even exchange words! half-baked graduates like yourself should not even be allowed to discuss the weather let alone an intellectual discourse such as this!

you're pathetic!

What are you, dude, the village fool? You learn a few words from a dictionary, string them together like a child's plaything and think you make sense?

Do you need to be taught english too in addition to elementary biology and social studies? What part of the op and other posts here suggests that men should be ignored? If that's how good your comprehension is, your degree is not worth the paper it's on.

Anyhow, I've lost interest in you. I've come to see that stuff like this is a game to you. You just need to say something, anything, no matter how stu.p.id, to angle for attention. No point attempting to get through to a non-existent intellect.

And, dude, believe me, you wouldn't last half a minute in that section with your ubiquitous idiocy.

5 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
all this grammer is killing me with laughter - abeg o hurricane sandy has already taken out the east coast - abeg ihedinobi and coogar don't use english to destroy the remaining west coast o
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Tgirl4real(f): 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
Busy_body:
Hmmm, this is the reason for there paranoia sending them into overdrive and reason for them closing ranks. And their sycophants are not helping matter tripping themselves up to muffle people with an alternate POV, ludicrously reading meaning into forumites innocuous comments.

They fear that these questions would open them up to there faults, whereas people asking were not doing so to condemn but to genuinely find out hints and tips on what to look out for. . .

BB, as a woman I don't join the pitty party. I see women forming alliances against their husbands all in the name of being the weaker sex and d one always at d receiving end. They usually don't want to deal with the root cause of the problem. I believe in most cases, we are the cause of our mis-fortune.

However, no matter the situation, no one should condone abuse in whatever form.

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by EfemenaXY: 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
Cotton, I asked you a couple of questions a while back.

Still awaiting your response... embarassed
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by obowunmi(m): 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

arrant nonsense!

Aren't you the fine boy that was interviewed? Easy on the abuse joor - loool
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
please repeat the question
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by EfemenaXY: 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
Done.
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ihedinobi:
What are you, dude, the village fool? You learn a few words from a dictionary, string them together like a child's plaything and think you make sense?

Do you need to be taught english too in addition to elementary biology and social studies? What part of the op and other posts here suggests that men should be ignored? If that's how good your comprehension is, your degree is not worth the paper it's on.

Anyhow, I've lost interest in you. I've come to see that stuff like this is a game to you. You just need to say something, anything, no matter how stu.p.id, to angle for attention. No point attempting to get through to a non-existent intellect.

And, dude, believe me, you wouldn't last half a minute in that section with your ubiquitous idiocy.

do you know what rhymes with your username? deluded zombie!
you are a product of your environment and i would hazard a guess that environment is an obscure part of ajegunle or the murky waters of warri where domestic abuse can only mean "physical abuse" and physical abuse can only mean the use of muscles and tissues. when your creator was distributing intelligence - you were on a leave of absence!

your argument that men are always the culprits in marital abuse because they are physically stronger than women already tells me you are a simpleton! like i reiterate, you are a product of your environment where the defenceless mama bomboy gets battered by blows and kicks all the time - you have probably never heard of women palming a piece and shooting their husbands - never heard of women stabbing their husbands - and we are still on physical abuse chapter....i haven't even mentioned verbal abuse, emotional abuse, financial abuse which are all under the umbrella of domestic abuse.....i guess you also need big bones and height to verbally/emotionally abuse a spouse! what an airhead!

you are a disgrace to the community that sponsored your education - what a plank! i close my eyes and i see a vision: a man sitting outside a block of flats dressed in khaki shorts and a dirty wife-beater shirt hand-washing the undies of his missus while humming a gospel song! if i ever get interested to visit your religious section - start praying cos i would show you up as a verminous charlatan that you are! you idiotic onanist!

6 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
cotton101: all this grammer is killing me with laughter - abeg o hurricane sandy has already taken out the east coast - abeg ihedinobi and coogar don't use english to destroy the remaining west coast o

I'd actually been taking the guy seriously. Until I figured him out. Seems he just likes to be witty and say something that sets him noticeably apart. What kind of freak rides on people's real pain to cheap popularity?

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by EfemenaXY: 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
cotton101: please repeat the question

Cotton, about your ex stalking you with abusive text messages:

Why haven't you changed your phone number(s), emails, etc?

And have you mentioned this to your fiancee? Does he know what's going on? Because seriously, this has to stop here and NOW.
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I'd actually been taking the guy seriously. Until I figured him out. Seems he just likes to be witty and say something that sets him noticeably apart. What kind of freak rides on people's real pain to cheap popularity?

you figured out nothing....
any man that centres marital abuse on exchanging blows is an idiöt......your intelligence quotient is lower than your shoe-size! get the fück out of here before i embarrass you further! stüpid nigerians and their herd mentality - they all run in the same direction like buffaloes migrating from mombasa to timbuktu!

Efemena_xy:
Coogar, why're you doing this?

........deliberating missing where she called me a clown? oh, never mind!

4 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by EfemenaXY: 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

do you know what rhymes with your username? deluded zombie!
you are a product of your environment and i would hazard a guess that environment is an obscure part of ajegunle or the murky waters of warri where domestic abuse can only mean "physical abuse" and physical abuse can only mean the use of muscles and tissues. when your creator was distributing intelligence - you were on a leave of absence!

your argument that men are always the culprits in marital abuse because they are physically stronger than women already tells me you are a simpleton! like i reiterate, you are a product of your environment where the defenceless mama bomboy gets battered by blows and kicks all the time - you have probably never heard of women palming a piece and shooting their husbands - never heard of women stabbing their husbands - and we are still on physical abuse chapter....i haven't even mentioned verbal abuse, emotional abuse, financial abuse which are all under the umbrella of domestic abuse.....i guess you also need big bones and height to verbally/emotionally abuse a spouse! what an airhead!

you are a disgrace to the community that sponsored your education - what a plank! i close my eyes and i see a vision: a man sitting outside a block of flats dressed in khaki shorts and a dirty wife-beater shirt hand-washing the undies of his missus while humming a gospel song! if i ever get interested to visit your religious section - start praying cos i would show you up as a verminous charlatan that you are! you idiotic onanist!

Coogar, pls stop this now...wetin?

Besides, what's wrong with Warri? Why're you hacking my abode?? undecided embarassed
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Cotton, about your ex stalking you with abusive text messages:

Why haven't you changed your phone number(s), emails, etc?

And have you mentioned this to your fiancee? Does he know what's going on? Because seriously, this has to stop here and NOW.

my fiance knows - I just ignore him to be honest - is silence not the best medicine for a f/ool. why is he texting a fat and ugly single mother that can't get another man - is that not madness. last i heard he was unemployed - oh well maybe frustration has set in - as for my phone number i'm not getting rid of a number i have had for close to ten years - u don't know the stress i would have to go thru - its registered with so many companies the stress is not worth it.

he should keep chasing women - abi we will all age - he will be that 50 year old trying to toast girls young enough to be his grand daughter in the club one day
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Busybody2(f): 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
pak: Am I the only one smelling hypocrisy with some folks here . . . .

This is certainly not a complimentary comment and for some reasons, I am a bit miffed
Here are supposedly 'peaceful women' campaigning against abuse by making sure they don't forget to bully the next person whose voice does not exactly sound like theirs

The roll call is staggering -
*NikkyShine came in to make a point and she had to literally beg not to be bitten - like seriously !!!!!
*Serubawon was so afraid, despite the pleas, he scampered for his life.
*the normally verbose coogar, just gave a cryptic two liner, that was neither here nor there and disappeared.
*And Airpure, haba . . . The barrage she received today might even sink as deep as the slap. I mean she apologized and apologized, yet the sticks kept landing on her. If you feel her choice of words were not as good as yours, So ?? does that justify the torrent she had to face ? You could have torn her arguments into shreds but not her person. She was figuratively slapped and dragged on the ground here . . . .
At some point, she was desperately trying to appease some folks here but heck, the mob wasn't having it, they kept on kickin - 'how dare she voice an opinion that's contrary on our thread in the first place'. Debrief's comment just came to mind

It got so bad her last comments made me put my hand on my head

*and Gob bless that woman busy_body . . . . .

Am in total agreement with you ma and my little introspective mind sees the 'abusive spirit' even on this thread. Truth remains that we might win little if we refuse to look inwards too - In addition to identifying 'monsters'. You know the way it goes, the average man who comes late to work, cheats in exams, gives and accept bribes yet he is tired of corruption in Nigeria

and for those who feel having a rounded opinion is not necessary, carry on. My little training and upbringing teaches me that reasonable people put both (or all possible) angles into consideration before making judgement, even if at the end of the day only one side will be declared guilty
and for clearance of doubt, read busy_body's lengthy post/analysis again - that is as close as possible to my understanding of balance.

I apologise to those that have stayed true on this thread who might feel called out by this post. Am sorry if it seems am derailing this important thread at this point but there is a limit to which one can stand some . . . .

For those who will surely respond to this post with insults, Its Ok. I realise that once it is in the system, its probably only the 'blood of Jesus' that can wash it away.

Hmmm, its a funny world we live in, Sir. A lady's intention was misconstrued, she was villified, demonised, slighted, she came back to defend herself naturally like any woman would, yet still kept getting tonguelashed and called allsorts. . .

One claimed I was spouting psychobabble, yet in the same breath used the same post she condemned as psychobabble to try and sway Coogar to their side, wow, you can't make it up. And as if this is not enough, we are now being goaded and deemed one of Guitarlife's Croonies and they have cruelly translated his "Victims let us know what to look out for" to "Victims tell us what you did wrong! SMDH!!!

Like I always say, they can give themselves hi-fives, pat themselves on the back, etc, they still have to log off someday, turn off the computer and go back to their niggling conscience.

debrief08:
Internet Nigerian like you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, You don know whats up jare

Post Bookmarked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (32)

Thank You All.. / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.