Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster (21806 Views)

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today / Four Kogi Farmers Commit Suicide Over Flood Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by mallorca(m): 3:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
HNosegbe: Mr Governor, may your newly-acquired plane not crash like that of Danbaba Suntai, Amen.
Amen
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
Spyker: The extent of rot and mismanagement of public funds in Rivers State is so high and regrettably shameful for any right thinking individual to praise the Government.

It's a shame that we are yet to recount the benefit of the aircrafts purchased by Peter Odili and what the funds were used for, Amaechi who is wasting billions of tax payers money on phantom projects like the Rivers monorail has continue to plunder our scare resources in whatever way he wants.

There is no good road in Rivers State, no employment, no security. no functioning hospital apart from BMH yet some blind individuals whose mentality is eroded will come here to praise sing and support insanity. In developed Nations, people like Amaechi will be impeached and thrown in jail for reckless wastage of scare resources.

All we hear and see is giant strides on AIT and billboards, yet what is on ground is far from reality. I would simply describe Amaechi's Government as the more you look, the less you see. After all, he doesnot have any programme or agenda and the dumb House of Assembly gave him right to spend 30% of the state budget the way he likes.

Go round Port Harcourt and indeed Rivers State, his name stinks.

I'm so much in love with this ur write up.

May ur days be long on earth.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by chichiman: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Whats wrong with a State Government owning a private jet if I may ask ?

Where lies the governor's priority? Of course, because the man cruises in the air, gets 24 hour (solar or generator-powered) electricity, sends his kids to school abroad and fixes his kith and kin into jobs, he doesn't know that roads, electricity and educational institutions across the state are in a state of disrepair. Neither is he concerned with job creation -- things elected leaders in sane societies would do. Or, where they fail to achieve it they either honourably give way for others to do so or be impeached. If by now you don't get the answer, then I know precisely what sort of person you are.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
chichiman:

Where lies the governor's priority? Of course, because the man cruises in the air, gets 24 hour (solar or generator-powered) electricity, sends his kids to school abroad and fixes his kith and kin into jobs, he doesn't know that roads, electricity and educational institutions across the state are in a state of disrepair. Neither is he concerned with job creation things elected leaders in sane societies would do or where they fail to achieve honourably give way for others to do so. If by now you don't get the answer, then I know precisely what sort of person you are.
But the private jet is not for personal use buddy. I understand its for state affairs and Rivers State is very wealthy with over a billion dollars networth.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by chichiman: 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
Billyonaire: But the private jet is not for personal use buddy. [size=18pt]I understand its for state affairs[/size] and Rivers State is very wealthy with over a billion dollars networth.

One more question for Mr Billyonaire, sir, so the whole NL community would know how you think. Would you rather that this governor spend $45.7m on fixing educational, transportation, unemployment, security and electricity problems or purchase a jet (even for official use or state affairs) from Bombardier in Canada, thereby enriching the Canadian economy while depleting the resources of his own state?
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
Billyonaire: But the private jet is not for personal use buddy. I understand its for state affairs and Rivers State is very wealthy with over a billion dollars networth.

Keep deceiving urself .
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by sarutobie(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
Spyker:

What you should have asked is if all I wrote is the truth? Opposition or supporter does not hide the obvious truth. It is only when we as a people stop praise singing our leaders when they are in power that we will certainly develop, I don't see the British people praise sing Gordon Brown neither do you read or hear where American praise sing their leaders, it is only in Nigeria. If you must compare Amaechi with Odili, please also compare how much money both individuals has controlled and expended. Do i need to be in Opposition to know that the monorail in Rivers State is a sham, or the so called Greater Port Harcourt that only an uncompleted stadium and a phantom mega hospital is located? Talking about roads, oooh, oooh, ooh God, I pity for your kind of person, what does it cost to maintain an existing road rather than award a fresh contract and what is the quality? Amaechi's first road projects (UST roundabout to Olu Obasanjo road and the Rumuokwuta NTA-Choba road) are still under construction five years after and you are here singing his praise. Where exactly do you live in Port Harcourt? Is Port Harcourt the only place in Rivers State? There are 23 LGA's, you can't go to Etche, even Amaechi's village Ubima and the surrounding communities does to have access roads and instead of resurface, he awarded fresh contract.

Note that it is shameful to beg the Government to come and do road, it is Amaechi and his cabinet members duty to do road, I should not sing their praises for doing their job, if a doctor does his duty which is to save life, do you sing his praise? Please face reality and think clearly, there is no politics in reality, you can't deceive the eye. When Amaechi leaves office, you will castigate him like those who drank and sang Odili yeyeyeyeye and later called him names after he is out of office. It is better to tell him the truth now, at least fior your conscience sack.
You lie by saying the road from UST junction to Olu obasanjo road is under construnction...amaechi's second tenure is indeed below par...but for someone to say portharcourt is is messed up must be a mischevious liar..the state governmenr scondary and primary schools in all the LGA are the best I have seen so far in this counry..that alone is a worthy legacy..
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
I don't believe anything coming from Sahara report...if its actually true then I'm disappointed.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by soochukwu(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
Oil Rich Rivers state my foot,what is the proof the Rivers is oil rich?Revolution is out of question,please those countries that had Revolution earlier what their Fate is like now.What we lack that we really need is Strong & incorruptible Leadership at the presidential level,that President that wants to make sacrifice for nigeria`s sake,Corrupt people like Amaechi won`t have a place in Nigeria system,Service to the people is what sincere Government officials should render not Private plane.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by babestella: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
Hehehehe, I just ordered my Gulf Stream 900, it will arrive the country soon, I have 2 units coming, if you are interested in one, ping me now B890012JG. It's only 65 million USD. Lol lol lol lol

Don't waste your time complaining because it will not change anything, focus your mind on your talent, and strategize how you can make 100 naira profit daily from 1 million Nigerians. Be creative, and you'll get there. 100 million naira daily. It is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by paddymo(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.

Gov. Akpabio don't think or act like ordinary Nigerian Politicians, the infrastructural Development in Akwa Ibom is not base on politics but quality. 80% of primary and secondary schools in Akwa Ibom has changed face in terms of appearance and facilities as new class block are created with bore holes, water system toilet to count the few. text books shared to pupils and student. meanwhile you should also know that these schools are free and compulsory for all Nigerians. you wont believe that in all the renovation and erection of new buildings in government primary and secondary school in Ikwa Ibom, no class block has wooden door or windows. all are equiped with quality iron doors and window. The roofing carries standard Aluminum zinc and well fenced. this is the test of Akpabio and not what politicians do. if you come to Akwa Ibom and you dont see the above mentioned, call me a liar.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Dee60: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
I PRAY AND HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by DukeNija(m): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
All our Leaders need is Sincerity.
Sincerity to the God, Yourself and the People.
God Bless Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
Is the governor the cause of the FLOOD? if he has the money and he wants to buy the JET he can go ahead and do it, It doesn't mean that since he is the Governor he wont satisfy his thirsty for comfort and enjoyment in the AIR
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Ogonimilitant(m): 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Stupid Ikwerres man. I don't know why this people are in rivers state. They are not suppose to be part of us. Igbos hate them too.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by deletrue: 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.
brother, am surprised at this news and blaim that follows. Have worked in ph for about five years, in lagos for four and warri etc. The worst of these three places is warri. Why are people not saying the truth? Although, i have left ph but frequently visit there. Well if you say ph is bad in terms of road, then visit warri. You will not find suitable words to described the roads in warri. Deltans, am i not saying the truth? Pls say something here. Amiechi is about the third or forth best governor in nigeria. let us wait and hear from the governor.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by DukeNija(m): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2012

Who is this 'Proud-wide-mouth'
Spewing Poo all in the name of comment.
Greater-Port-harcourt City, for the mega rich. So much for good governance.

Btw, Comparing Amaechi to Akpabio is like Comparing Lagos to J'burg.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by bibina: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2012
otokx: Mr Ricky Ross, my area of Port Harcourt has not had any light since 4pm yesterday, not even a blink, the road in front of my house is a disaster to say the very least notwithstanding the last 2 days of intense sunshine, the rivers on the roads are practically intact. The greater Port Harcourt you talk of may turn out to be the very nemesis of AMAECHI, apart from the uncompleted stadium and uncompleted access roads there is not much to show for it. Which secondary and primary schools are you talking of? Oh yes he completed some schools, renovated them with micro basket ball courts but ever since they have been largely under lock and key. Did you stop to ask what or where the students of those schools would be now. Oh yes again he claims he wants to give them to Indians to run so until then the students should be at home shey.

A lot of Nigerians are ok with mediocrity and for them 15% would be a solid pass, that is why we are in the mess we are. Mr Ricky Ross did you hear of the people that died in the camps opened for flooded victims. They died of sickness that could have been prevented.

Did you say world class university? RSUST has been closed for a very long time - probably the longest for any university in Nigeria in the last 2 years till the point other universities have to go on sympathy strike to tell the world the evil going on there where AMAECHI is hell bent on imposing his own VC on the people. Which world class hospital are you talking about? The last i checked the best hospital still remains the federal owned University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital so which one are you referring to or is it the renovated dental clinic on Aba road?

Talking about RSUST, I started a post graduate programme in Electrical Engineering in 2005 which was to run for 2years, I did not finish that programme till 2011 which turned out to be 6 years later. But that is not even the problem, the problem is i do not have anything to show that i did the programme, no certificate because of strikes here and there. Some months back i went to Port harcourt on hearing the university was going to convoke, on getting to the graduate school i was told no result has been sent from electrical engineering department to the graduate school since 2005! I am still waiting.... PH is a shit hole, i drove my vehicle there and on getting back to Abuja i had to change all the tyres, bearings etc

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
Things we all know are very very bad in Delta State, Uduaghan is a disgrace to the medical profession and is second to none as the worst governor of all time in delta state but at least the state can boast of at least 4 if not 6 major towns, look at Rivers State, after Port Harcourt nothing left or would you count Bonny that is so far far away.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by DukeNija(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Rivers State is Dead!
Amaechi is a th***!
Rot-Hacourt is an Isolated Wasteland!

They are paying for backstabing the Igbos during the Civil-War.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nduson20: 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
gboss4sure: Is the governor the cause of the FLOOD? if he has the money and he wants to buy the JET he can go ahead and do it, It doesn't mean that since he is the Governor he wont satisfy his thirsty for comfort and enjoyment in the AIR
nawa 4 u o. Jst wondering d kind of mentality u have. We'r talkng abt a state where 90% of pple are sufferng,many displaced by flood,bad roads,hardship and u'r here supporting evil.may God change ur mentality.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ocelot2006(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2012

Try Akwa-Ibom (btw, I own a home in PHC).
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Patdedon(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
Clear case of selfishness or rather misplaced priority. What is the purpose of acquiring an aircraft that cost a fortune when there are pressing issues that are unattended. Shows the level of our leaders' insensitivity and some clueless citizens are comfortable with it.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by luluosas(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
These people are wicked I tell you.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nduson20: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
Uduaghan of Delta state is d worst governor in d whole country followed by Amechi. Imagine a governor who came to Rivers orientatn camp 2 tel us NYSC means Now Your Suffering Continues. All we need in nigeria is REVOLUTION.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by crackhouse(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
ibrokay: ^^^ Corruption everywhere. He need one more to compete with the likes of Bishop Oyedepo. We need revolution in Nigeria. Enough is enough.
abeg make i hear word. How many times have u join in any of the street protests? Na ur type go just dey for internet dey make noise everyday.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ocelot2006(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
gboss4sure: Is the governor the cause of the FLOOD? if he has the money and he wants to buy the JET he can go ahead and do it, It doesn't mean that since he is the Governor he wont satisfy his thirsty for comfort and enjoyment in the AIR

The governor is not the cause of the flood. But he ought to have used those funds to aid those displaced and/or put in place civil infrastructures that will ease the plight of the people and probably divert the flood waters within the affected areas. That ought to have been his priority, not a new business jet.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by eprynce(m): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
chrisxxx: The handiwork of detractors. Amaechi may buy a jet but not to the tone of the amount mentioned. Secondly it is not his private jet it is still an asset after his exit.

Asset my ass! Zuwo! things like planes don't appreciate, they depreciate, OK?
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by str8talk1: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
This is d result of d so-called Four-Nation tour of d Aviation Minister. To whoms benefit is dis trip? I'm finding it hard to believe dat d trip was meant 4 d interest of Nigerians rather shld we say itz an avenue to woo State Governors to use scarce resources of d state even when such state cannot sustain itself to purchase personal/executive jets.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by redsun(m): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
Nigerian polpulace are bleeping subhumans,that why a few selected apes like amaechi are messing the horrible and all the can do is watch and languish in misery.I have never seen people like that,every time one thinks of them,one blood boils.Good at nothing animals.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Abagworo(m): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ogoni militant: Stupid Ikwerres man. I don't know why this people are in rivers state. They are not suppose to be part of us. Igbos hate them too.

You better go to school and quit tribalism and militancy.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by shineureyes(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
I hope the people of Rivers would be wiser come 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Profile Of Ibrahim Dankwambo And His Nigerian Presidential Bid / Labour Leaders Stoned In Jos As Col Umar, Others Back FG / Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.