Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster (21803 Views)

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today / Four Kogi Farmers Commit Suicide Over Flood Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
otokx: The federal government should do something about all this private jets by increasing taxes on them and also ensuring they pay very high landing/parking fees even higher that what commercial planes like Aero and Arik pay.
When did it become a crime to work harder and make money to buy jets ? Nobody gives a shit about nobodies. Government finds the poor a liability in the first place. So go work harder, its my candid advice.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Orikinla(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
[size=28pt]Even military governors never bought a private jet when they were in power.

These civilian governors should be sacked for misappropriations of revenue allocations.[/size]
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Orikinla(m): 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
Billyonaire: When did it become a crime to work harder and make money to buy jets ? Nobody gives a shit about nobodies. Government finds the poor a liability in the first place. So go work harder, its my candid advise.

You mean candid ADVICE.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
Orikinla:

You mean candid ADVICE.
Yes candid advice. Thanks.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
Not one of the people that owns private jets in Nigerian worked any harder, if they are not pastors that used their congregation money, they are friends to politicians who used their friendship to get contracts, if they are not in the last 2 categories then they are definitely politicians who have been looting Nigeria's money.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ofiladee(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
Is like almost all the south south sataes cannot justify all the funds put in their state. Delta is a mess, Bayelsa is trying to recover, now Rivers state buys a Jet. This is just sooo bad. May God help us.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
M I B :
Niggas listen i see nuffin wrong with a state giv. Owning a private jet, besides the jet was not bought now cos the state gov. Must ve placed the order for this jet 6-12mnths ago or do you guys fink u just buy a jet as if u r buying a car.

even if the jet was bought 3years ago the point is that the money he used in buying the jet is tax payers / allocation .

Why should they choose to be this heartless even when they see people they govern die daily of malnutrition and flooding .
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by tevinsolt: 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
when will all Nigerians fight for their rights? look at France, they had the french revolution that launched their country into successful path, the colonies of America rebelled against Britain, Magna Carta in Britain, and also many revolutions across Europe.....one thing they all had in common was that the rulers were ripping them off so they took them out and established new laws, and those that messed up their head went for it.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
ofiladee: Is like almost all the south south sataes cannot justify all the funds put in their state. Delta is a mess, Bayelsa is trying to recover, now Rivers state buys a Jet. This is just sooo bad. May God help us.

my dear its a great pity i'm so ashamed to be from the south south, IBORI with all the thief thief is still many years ahead of the likes of Uduaghan, Amaechi and that chap in Bayelsa.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by darelove08: 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
hjpoj
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
playmode: [size=20pt]ROFLMAO...........so what? You monkeys voted for him didn't you? Tomorrow you cretins will go out and vote for someone like him again once they give you guys N500 bribe. Africans can not rules themselves ,it has been proven in 40+ countries.I no longer feel pity for Africans or Nigerians,you voted so stop whining, enjoy your vote.

Maybe after another 100 years of pain and suffering ,you baboons will be smart enough to choose the right leaders.
[/size]

my brother tell this to ricky ross.
grin grin grin
That guy has been brainwashed.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Spyker: 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
The extent of rot and mismanagement of public funds in Rivers State is so high and regrettably shameful for any right thinking individual to praise the Government.

It's a shame that we are yet to recount the benefit of the aircrafts purchased by Peter Odili and what the funds were used for, Amaechi who is wasting billions of tax payers money on phantom projects like the Rivers monorail has continue to plunder our scare resources in whatever way he wants.

There is no good road in Rivers State, no employment, no security. no functioning hospital apart from BMH yet some blind individuals whose mentality is eroded will come here to praise sing and support insanity. In developed Nations, people like Amaechi will be impeached and thrown in jail for reckless wastage of scare resources.

All we hear and see is giant strides on AIT and billboards, yet what is on ground is far from reality. I would simply describe Amaechi's Government as the more you look, the less you see. After all, he doesnot have any programme or agenda and the dumb House of Assembly gave him right to spend 30% of the state budget the way he likes.

Go round Port Harcourt and indeed Rivers State, his name stinks.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by EMMABC1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
[quote author=franchizy]Gov Amaechi is the best Governor in Nigeria, he brough happiness and pride to the people of Rivers state. The only Gov in Nigeria who is honest, sincere and God fearing and who does not loot the states funds. See the good roads and drainage network round the state. He deserves no query if he bought a jet. I'm proudly Ikwerre Man[/quote).

Lazy and wicked Ikwerre people who are bent on destroying and frustrating strangers' sweat and success. You killed 4 UNIPORT students and u come here to say u are a proud Ikwerre man.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Reference(m): 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
chrisxxx: The handiwork of detractors. Amaechi may buy a jet but not to the tone of the amount mentioned. Secondly it is not his private jet it is still an asset after his exit.

Believe me, a new G5 costs 50mill. for the basic chassis, special tastes can easily top that. Except if he ordered a used one and the oldest I saw early this year will still set you back 38mill.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by olivertwist: 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Rooneyboy:

Before nko ?

The roads are to be used by only the poor,
The sky by only the rich.

Now I understand why GEJ wants to build airports for all the governors in all the 36 states of the Federation.

I believe most of our executhief governors can afford to buy jets but the MAJOR stumbling block is that of standard airports which GEJ has promised them probably for them to support his 2nd term bid.

With their BOMBARDIER JETS IN THE SKY, there will be:

No bad roads
No hold ups
No security threats
Enjoyment unlimited
Easy movement of funds
Easy escape from troubles
Party in the Sky
Etc etc
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by dabrake(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Ewu Congo, you are still angry that i took you to the gutters on a certain thread where you were talking rubbish about PSquare? Hahahaha, if e pain u so much, go hug a transformer. Like I have said many times already, Amaechi is sleeping this second term like the other governors, that doesn't mean he hasn't tried. Tell us your state of origin and lets see what your own governor has done Ewu Congo hahahaha
dude, my governor is not sleeping. Deal with it. According to you, my governor is only after tropicana and 5-star hotels. Dude, the hotel construction began with Arc victor attah so no need dissing ma governor . . . How come my state happened to be the only state in the S.S region that wasn't affected by the wicked flood? Hope you won't mention 'topography'
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by k2039: 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
omiobo: Very soon we go dey see traffic on air.

Lolzz
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by omenka(m): 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
The only dent I could point to in Yaradua's regime was in the way he handled Ibori's case. Nigeria missed a mesiah indeed...
The current administration has completely lost it!

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
Spyker could not have put it any better.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
Born 2be Rich:

From your statement i can now say that we Nigerians love suffering and smiling...Infact apart from port harcourt, where in river state can you boldly come out and say is developed? People are now thinking that portharcourt is the only place in River state.. with all the whole money being generated from the state especially via crude oil, instead of developing the various local government areas we just concentrate on only portharcourt(which is still underdeveloed)...If other areas in the state experienced positive changes, i dont think there will be backwardness in most areas of the state..e.g ALUU...These governors just think of only themselves and that is how God will pluck them out one after the other...The child wer say im mama no go sleep, he himself too no go sleep...

cool

The same problem with Nigeria. After over 40 years of total neglect and mass corruption, we expect GEJ to transform all areas of our economy under 6 months.
Rivers State has only one city which is port Harcourt, the place is crowded and polluted, that is why Amaechi is building another city called greater PHC.

The mess cannot be cleaned by one single governor, it has to be a continues process. the good news is, Amaechi has done 200 times better than his predecessor ODILI. They can start from here and pray the next governor will do better than Amaechi.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by irecruit(m): 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
IMAGIN WHAT HUMAN CAN DO. FLOOD HAS FINISHED HIS STATE, HE STILL HAS THE gods TO GO AHEAD AND BUY SUCH. WHAT WILL HE SAY HE BOUGHT IT FOR WHEN HE WILL BE ASKED BY EFCC. OR IS IT BECAUSE OF THE FLOOD?
MAY GOD DELIVER US FROM THE HAND OF THIS WICKED PEOPLE.............
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by GentleNaaz(m): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
God! God!! God!!! How many times did i cal u? We need leaders lik moses, Abraham, n David. We dont need rulers lik Amaechi, fashola, TA Orji, GEJ, OBJ,etc. I don complain fnsh
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by bigblxd(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.

My heart bleeds when I read stuffs like this. I am from Port Harcourt and wonders what you are talking. Uneploment among gradutes & lack of infrastructure is alarming in Rivers State. Pls travel to Akwa Ibom, Enugu or Lagos and compare. Pls fear God and stop lying on the social network. Amaechi is a disapointment of the millennium!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ikennaya(m): 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
Bloody civilians.So if its his money he shdnt use it 2 buy what soever that pleases him...Rochas celebrate you condem,Amaechi buy you condem.Jobless ppl,like you whnt do d worse if you are given the opportunity.How did you people know that it public funds that he used to purchase that plane?
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Abagworo(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
Spyker: The extent of rot and mismanagement of public funds in Rivers State is so high and regrettably shameful for any right thinking individual to praise the Government.

It's a shame that we are yet to recount the benefit of the aircrafts purchased by Peter Odili and what the funds were used for, Amaechi who is wasting billions of tax payers money on phantom projects like the Rivers monorail has continue to plunder our scare resources in whatever way he wants.

There is no good road in Rivers State, no employment, no security. no functioning hospital apart from BMH yet some blind individuals whose mentality is eroded will come here to praise sing and support insanity. In developed Nations, people like Amaechi will be impeached and thrown in jail for reckless wastage of scare resources.

All we hear and see is giant strides on AIT and billboards, yet what is on ground is far from reality. I would simply describe Amaechi's Government as the more you look, the less you see. After all, he doesnot have any programme or agenda and the dumb House of Assembly gave him right to spend 30% of the state budget the way he likes.

Go round Port Harcourt and indeed Rivers State, his name stinks.

And I believe you must be an opposition to write all these about Amaechi. I challenge all you Amaechi haters to tell me the number of major roads in Port Harcourt before the coming of Amaechi. The only dual roads in Port Harcourt were Aba road, Ikwerre road(re-constructed by Amaechi), Olu Obasanjo(Re-constructed by Amaechi) , Stadium to Rukpowu(Re-constructed by Amaechi), Odili(re-paved by Amaechi) and Trans-Amadi road. Amaechi has his shortcomings but I see most people condemning him as being mischievous and envious. Same with those condemning Rochas.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Originakalokalo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
Governors do well in the first term and get elected for the second tenure just to enrich themselves.i support a 5yr single tenure even though it has its demerits,it is better.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by KINGwax(m): 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
Let us join hands and blame fashola of Lagos state. He caused all these na. Abi u no knw?
*Pls post more pix of lagos bad roads. I undstnd fashola too acquired a submarine*
PH ti baje ooo
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ikennaya(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Gentle Naaz: God! God!! God!!! How many times did i cal u? We need leaders lik moses, Abraham, n David. We dont need rulers lik Amaechi, fashola, TA Orji, GEJ, OBJ,etc. I don complain fnsh
If solomon,Moses,David were of this generation they whould not accept to be anointed as kings because of your critics.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by browncool(m): 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
Movingcoil: sharaaaaaaap!!! Mr man, sip alomo and oga b*h, if u ar standing, sit down, if u ar siting down, lie down and if u ar lying down sleep and if u are sleeping die and if possible go to hell instead of talking rubbish

I have not laugh this way for a very long time and thanks for voicing my mind to this idiot guy, I dig your style man
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Spyker: 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
Abagworo:

And I believe you must be an opposition to write all these about Amaechi. I challenge all you Amaechi haters to tell me the number of major roads in Port Harcourt before the coming of Amaechi. The only dual roads in Port Harcourt were Aba road, Ikwerre road(re-constructed by Amaechi), Olu Obasanjo(Re-constructed by Amaechi) , Stadium to Rukpowu(Re-constructed by Amaechi), Odili(re-paved by Amaechi) and Trans-Amadi road. Amaechi has his shortcomings but I see most people condemning him as being mischievous and envious. Same with those condemning Rochas.

What you should have asked is if all I wrote is the truth? Opposition or supporter does not hide the obvious truth. It is only when we as a people stop praise singing our leaders when they are in power that we will certainly develop, I don't see the British people praise sing Gordon Brown neither do you read or hear where American praise sing their leaders, it is only in Nigeria. If you must compare Amaechi with Odili, please also compare how much money both individuals has controlled and expended. Do i need to be in Opposition to know that the monorail in Rivers State is a sham, or the so called Greater Port Harcourt that only an uncompleted stadium and a phantom mega hospital is located? Talking about roads, oooh, oooh, ooh God, I pity for your kind of person, what does it cost to maintain an existing road rather than award a fresh contract and what is the quality? Amaechi's first road projects (UST roundabout to Olu Obasanjo road and the Rumuokwuta NTA-Choba road) are still under construction five years after and you are here singing his praise. Where exactly do you live in Port Harcourt? Is Port Harcourt the only place in Rivers State? There are 23 LGA's, you can't go to Etche, even Amaechi's village Ubima and the surrounding communities does to have access roads and instead of resurface, he awarded fresh contract.

Note that it is shameful to beg the Government to come and do road, it is Amaechi and his cabinet members duty to do road, I should not sing their praises for doing their job, if a doctor does his duty which is to save life, do you sing his praise? Please face reality and think clearly, there is no politics in reality, you can't deceive the eye. When Amaechi leaves office, you will castigate him like those who drank and sang Odili yeyeyeyeye and later called him names after he is out of office. It is better to tell him the truth now, at least fior your conscience sack.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by 2goodbobo(m): 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
To be a leader entails honesty, transparency, political will and recognising the reason why you are voted to power. But in a situation where a Leader becomes reach overnight and acquire fortunes and outrageous properties at the expense of the people, then he is nothing but a heartless political criminal. May God help us in this country.

People don't go into politics to keep the social contract but rather for personal and economic reasons! It is a disma pisma
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by r231(m): 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
these nigerian politicians can't survive it england, they will be jailed all of them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix / Wale Edun’s Company Gets Lucrative Contract Weeks After NSIP Was Moved / Labour Leaders Stoned In Jos As Col Umar, Others Back FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.