Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:55 PM

Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster (21995 Views)

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today / Four Kogi Farmers Commit Suicide Over Flood Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
StarBoard: Ricky_Ross is either a liar or an idi.ot
Greater Port-Harcourt he says.
But 60% of land in that area has been sold off and it houses an Uncompleted stadium and a hospital that hasn't gotten anywhere.and he wants us to believe Gov. Rotimi Amaechi is working.
He must be one of these shameless lazy Ikwerre people who do nothing but sell and resell the same pieces of land to unsuspecting customers.
So because he "worked" in his first term, it's enough excuse to loaf around, plunder state resources and generally be gallivanting in private jets.
What won't these simpleton Ikwerre dullards tell us?

The state of roads in Port Harcourt is an eyesore. We residents are sufferering and are at the mercy of flooded roads this rainy season.yet instead of fixing the roads, they tell us they are working on Greater Port Harcourt that has nothing in it.

Skymark, may the Almighty bless you for speaking the truth.
Same to Rooneyboy.
Abagworo is just a loud-mouthed motor-park mor.on with no idea of anything in general.

I am not from Rivers state, I am not Ikwerre man, I am Igbo from Imo State, so stop persecuting me. I have right to my opinion and you have yours. many of you ranting here didn't do nothing while Odili was busy looting and paying the media to rate him as the best governor in Nigeria. None of you said nothing, now someone is doing something and you guys are cryinghuh? I was here when Odili came to power and we all rejoiced and thought he was the messiah, but he wasted 8 years looting and stealing. He didn't do any road apart from the Eliozu road which collapsed last month. The state of road in PHC was terrible.

Tell me how any right thinking man would expect Amaechi to fix all the roads under 5 years? If you are honest you will admit Amaechi has tried as far as road construction is concerned, the problem is many of the contracts were given to Rivers people who are not qualified for the job.

Is Amaechi trying YES, is he perfect NO.
Did Odili leave any legacy in Rivers NO, apart from the fact that he was caught with 100 million dollars or so in South Africa and he later claimed the fund was for purchase of an aircraft.
Did Amaechi leave any legacy YES: He built the best primary and secondary schools in Nigeria. These schools are scattered all over the state for all to see. These schools are world class, more equipped than our government universities, maybe that is the part that is paining many of you? But these schools are on google for those too far away from Rivers. Amaechi has done very well in healthcare delivery, I don't know which governor that have done better than Amaechi in that area. If Amaechi can deliver on his promise of uninterrupted electricity come December then I will comfortably rate him among the top 3 best governors in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
But 60% of land in that area has been sold off and it houses an Uncompleted stadium and a hospital that hasn't gotten anywhere.and he wants us to believe Gov. Rotimi Amaechi is working.
He must be one of these shameless lazy Ikwerre people who do nothing but sell and resell the same pieces of land to unsuspecting customers.
So because he "worked" in his first term, it's enough excuse to loaf around, plunder state resources and generally be gallivanting in private jets.

The state of roads in Port Harcourt is an eyesore. We residents are sufferering and are at the mercy of flooded roads this rainy season.yet instead of fixing the roads, they tell us they are working on Greater Port Harcourt that has nothing in it.

Same to Rooneyboy.
Abagworo is just a loud-mouthed motor-park mor.on with no idea of anything in general.

BTW, what do you gain from insulting/abusing people? That tells me if you were given the opportunity to rule a village you will be a thug and a looter. I have met many like you. This site is for intelligent argument, no need for name calling. It is not by force to comment if you dont like a post or someones comment. Even satan can confess Amaechi is 200 times better than Odili, and no governor can fix all rivers roads in 5 years. He has tried in healthcare and education, let the next governor face roads etc.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by samchide(m): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
We provide Private Jet services at an affordable price . Our station base is Abuja, presently we have lear jet, Donier jet, legacy , gulf stream, challenger jet, and the prices are different .

Lear jet ,from Abuja to Lagos: $8250
Legacy jet, from Abuja to Lagos:$10445
Challenger jet, from Abuja to Lagos:10445
Donier jet, from Abuja to Lagos :10445

Our waiting time ( that is if the client wants the jet to wait pending on when they are done) is charge for $ 1000/ hour.
08036028085 08180011362 xsamchide@yahoo.co.uk
FLY SAFE FLY PRIVATELY.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Abagworo(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2012

Same to Rooneyboy.

You insult me for making my views known, who then is the tout here? My challenge is still open to you Amaechi haters. Amaechi has done more in everything than all the past Rivers State Governors combined( From 1967 to 2007). That's 40 years against 5. Let us compare in length of roads constructed, primary and secondary schools, health care centres, traffic orderliness(TIMARIV).

The bad roads in Port Harcourt are Woji, Iwofe(under construction), Elelenwo and East-West road. This government has reconstructed Azikiwe road, Station road and most roads inside old Port Harcourt town and changing them to underground drainage with walkways. Same with Trans-Amadi and Amadi-Abuloma area. The entire GRA is under reconstruction with underground drainage and walkways too. Tell me what this man will do that will be enough. Let's not forget Okporo road(Rumuodara), Oginigba,Rumuomasi, Rumuobiokani axis. Can you recall how Rumuola road used to be? What of the kind of flooding at NTA road(Around redeemed Church) in the past. There's ongoing construction of a dual link road from Ozuoba to Ogbogoro.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ricky ross

Odili left Rivers State the legacy of gas turbines, the rumuola flyover i think was done in odilis time, the free school bus for children was there too. Amaechi could have done far better than this, no excuse for buying this private jet after selling the ones that Odili acquired, its shameful. The monorail is another shameful legacy Amaechi would leave for us, it is only after he has gone we shall know the debt portfolio of Rivers state.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
dis has turned into an amaechi vs odili whereas d point here is that amaechi bought a jet amidst flood disasters in d state.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ify Angela: dis has turned into an amaechi vs odili whereas d point here is that amaechi bought a jet amidst flood disasters in d state.

you are very right, do not mind the AMAECHI apologetics, AMAECHI - a man that sold the jets that odili bought only to buy 2 more of his own, meanwhile floods have reached all the way to ahoada.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
http://ynaija.com/hurray-gov-amaechi-secures-juicy-pension-for-himself-and-deputy/

Yesterday, May 31, Gov. Rotimi Amaechi signed a bill which would basically ensure that he continues to enjoy the perks of the governor’s office after leaving the office. The bill, which is titled The Rivers State Governor and Deputy Governor Pensions and Fringe Benefits Bill 2012, is the brainchild of the executive and was forwarded from the Governor’s Office to the House of Representative for a speedy passage.

Despite protestations from pressure groups in the state, the Rivers State House of Assembly went ahead to pass the bill on the 22nd of May by an overwhelming majority. And the sweetened deal was finalised yesterday with Governor Amaechi’s assent.

Consequently, Amaechi and his deputy, Tele Ikuru are entitled upon exit from office to benefits worthy of Wall Street executives, including:

100 per cent of their basic salaries
Two choice houses in any area of their choice in Rivers State and Abuja.
Three cars, replaceable every three years.
300 per cent funding for any furniture of their choice.
20 per cent funding for utility, 10 per cent funding for entertainment and 10 per cent of same for houses of their choice.
Free medical expenses for him and his immediate family.
Security details that will include two officials of the State Security Service (SSS), one female officer of the same department and eight police officers for personal and domestic security.
Domestic staff including a cook, steward, gardener, and others. All the domestic staff, including drivers shall be pensionable.

In addition to the executive perquisites bill, other bills signed into law by the governor on Wednesday include the Rivers State Universal Basic Education Amendment Bill 2012, the Rivers State Senior Secondary Schools’ Board Bill 2012, the Rivers State House of Assembly Service Commission Amendment Bill 2012 and the Rivers State Water Sector Development Law 2012.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

I am not from Rivers state, I am not Ikwerre man, I am Igbo from Imo State, so stop persecuting me. I have right to my opinion and you have yours. many of you ranting here didn't do nothing while Odili was busy looting and paying the media to rate him as the best governor in Nigeria. None of you said nothing, now someone is doing something and you guys are crying? I was here when Odili came to power and we all rejoiced and thought he was the messiah, but he wasted 8 years looting and stealing. He didn't do any road apart from the Eliozu road which collapsed last month. The state of road in PHC was terrible.

Tell me how any right thinking man would expect Amaechi to fix all the roads under 5 years? If you are honest you will admit Amaechi has tried as far as road construction is concerned, the problem is many of the contracts were given to Rivers people who are not qualified for the job.

Is Amaechi trying YES, is he perfect NO.
Did Odili leave any legacy in Rivers NO, apart from the fact that he was caught with 100 million dollars or so in South Africa and he later claimed the fund was for purchase of an aircraft.
Did Amaechi leave any legacy YES: He built the best primary and secondary schools in Nigeria. These schools are scattered all over the state for all to see. These schools are world class, more equipped than our government universities, maybe that is the part that is paining many of you? But these schools are on google for those too far away from Rivers. Amaechi has done very well in healthcare delivery, I don't know which governor that have done better than Amaechi in that area. If Amaechi can deliver on his promise of uninterrupted electricity come December then I will comfortably rate him among the top 3 best governors in Nigeria.

obviously this young man is sick and urgently needs help.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ccwizard: 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
The allocations odilli received in 8yrs is what ameachi has received in 4yrs. The cheapest major road done by ameachi is over N1b and this roads have been patched severaly in less than 3yrs. If only the roads done by ameachi are up to standard, rivers state will be a better place. As for the schools and health center its only fuctional in port harcourt city and a few communities in rivers state, the rest na abandon projects. Ameachi spends 150million per primary school n 4b per secondary school which dos not include the furniture n equipment. Whereas the real cost of building one primary school is N60m. Odilli left rivers state debt free but right nw rivers state is owing over N200b with notin to show for it.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by true2god: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.
So u r justifying the buyin of private jet at the expense of the poor masses. Even if ph is as beautiful as j'borg he has no reason buyin the luxury jet while the populace live under a dollar/day.

It is a knwn fact that African leaders are evil and foolish, never get their priorities right. Until we adopt chinese model of governance whereby any fraudulent public office holder will be executed or jailed for life, our crusade against corruption by our politician is just fake.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by greatdave(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
Rivers People,do you believe ooooo??!...#Mercies of da Lord,come down nw to ur chldren...aanu Oluwa sökalè,lawa omöre ùn beré
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 26, 2012
Rooneyboy:

obviously this young man is sick and urgently needs help.

I took you to the gutters before, and will repeat it again if you continue to behave like a tout.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by MrGlobe(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
Amaech is really holding rivers state to ransome. First a mind blowing ans scandalous retirement perks for himself, now this. ph is at a stand stil. some people truly deserve only a tenure for governance
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
ccwizard: The allocations odilli received in 8yrs is what ameachi has received in 4yrs. The cheapest major road done by ameachi is over N1b and this roads have been patched severaly in less than 3yrs. If only the roads done by ameachi are up to standard, rivers state will be a better place. As for the schools and health center its only fuctional in port harcourt city and a few communities in rivers state, the rest na abandon projects. Ameachi spends 150million per primary school n 4b per secondary school which dos not include the furniture n equipment. Whereas the real cost of building one primary school is N60m. Odilli left rivers state debt free but right nw rivers state is owing over N200b with notin to show for it.

You guys should be honesty with yourselves. Are you honestly trying to say Odili performed better than Amaechi? What is the exchange rate of naira against the dollar when Odili was in power? Compare a cup of garri then and now? How much does it cost to do a kilometer road during Odillis regime?

You said each secondary school costs 4 Billion Naira? How much will it then cost to construct a university? Where did you get your facts?
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ricky ross

how many jets did Odili buy and how many have Amaechi bought?
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Werehkpe: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
well, if its true, all i will say is MAY HE DIE IN IT.

At this stage it is FIRE FOR FIRE. if these governors plan to kill us by increasing the chances of us gettin accidents, being bombed, being shot, being starved or being homeless, den WE MUST declare war on them
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2012
otokx: @ricky ross

Odili left Rivers State the legacy of gas turbines, the rumuola flyover i think was done in odilis time, the free school bus for children was there too. Amaechi could have done far better than this, no excuse for buying this private jet after selling the ones that Odili acquired, its shameful. The monorail is another shameful legacy Amaechi would leave for us, it is only after he has gone we shall know the debt portfolio of Rivers state.

You see why I fear most Nigerians? Few hours ago you were saying there is no electricity in rivers state, and now you are talking about gas turbine? Which gas turbine? How many kilo watts of electricity did odili generate throughout his tenure? If the gas turnine is working why then are you not enjoying electricity If they are working why is Amaechi building new ones?

Rumuola flyover was a federal project, built by julius berger. Odili will remain the worst governor in the history of rivers state. He enjoyed the oil windfall with OBJ, he didnt do nothing with rivers money, rather he built one of the best hospitals in South Africa with choice properties all over the world.

Amaechi is no saint, but dont compare him with Odili at all. The monorail project was ill conceived and not properly planned, I dont support bad thing. The fly over around agip junction will not last, you know quality job when you see one. That flyover reminds me of the one in airfore that recently collapsed. Many road projects in PHC is of low quality job, but this is not rivers problem, it is a Nigerian problem. Among all our governors, only Akpabio is doing standard road projects that can last years...
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
otokx: @ricky ross

how many jets did Odili buy and how many have Amaechi bought?

I dont know how many planes they have bought, and we have not confirmed the Amaechi jet anyways... Rivers state does not need any private jets, period...

Roads/Flyovers/Bridges by Amaechi CULLED FROM RIVERS STATE GOVT. WEBSITE: http://governor.riversstate.gov.ng/projects/roadsflyoversbridges/

Over 170 roads, more of which are in the rural areas. All the roads are being built with drainages. Some of the major roads have been converted to dual carriageways with walkways, streetlights and greenery as well as drainages, most of them underground. Others are being converted to six lane highways. Some of the roads are:

Rumuola Road (completed).
First Bank/Rumuobiakani/Old Aba Road (completed).
Oginigba /Slaughter Road (completed).
The Elekahia/Rumuomasi road (completed)
Rukpakwulusi/Eneka/ Igwuruta road
The Rumuokwuta/Choba Road (almost completed)
Eneka/Igbo-Etche/ Iriebe road
Ozuboko/Elelenwo road- the road from Peter Odili road cutting across Woji to Elelenwo.
Rukpokwu/Eneka/Eligbolo road
Rukpokwu/Rumuagholu /Aluu road
Ozuoba/Rumuparaeli/Choba road
Rukpakwulusi /Eligbolo /Rumuodomaya road,
Rumuekini/ Aluu road,
Rumuibekwe/Elelenwo road and bridge
Ken Saro Wiwa road-also known as Stadium road (about 70 percent completed)
Rumuagholu /Ada George road
Woji/Okujagu/Elelenwo road.
Aba road to Oyigbo- from the Flyover at Rumukwurusi/Eleme junction to the toll-gate and to the bridge.
Some major rural roads projects being funded by the Amaechi Administration include:

The Okirika Ring Road
The Ogoni/Andoni/Opobo Unity Road
The Bonny- Bodo road
Omofo/Agba/Ndele road leading to Abua.
A lot of other rural roads and internal roads in some Local Government Areas amounting to over 70 per cent of the Road projects constructed by the Amaechi administration has been completed and some still ongoing.

The major Flyovers are:

The Eleme Junction Flyover/interchange (completed)

The Agip/Rumueme/Abacha road Junction Flyover on Ikwerre Road

Tam David-West/East-West Road Flyover by Obiri Iwerre

Eliozu Junction flyover on Chief G.U Ake Road; and

Rumukurusi flyover,

Some of the bridges are:

The Ikuru Town Atlantic Ocean Bridge in Andoni
The Okirika Ring Road Bridges
The Unity road Bridges in the Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo axis
The construction of bridges across Bolo Creek with approaches
The construction of 6 rural steel bridges including the Ndoni steel bridge and the Orashi steel bridge which links communities on both sides of the Orashi River
Mbiama/Akinima road bridge
NyorKhana/KenKhana Bridge
Bori Boue Brigde
Abalama Tema Bridge amongst others
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by EPOMA(m): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Wisdom is lacking by those in authority in Portharcourt, they need lecture from Akwa ibom Godswill Akpabio.
Godswill just bought the second jet, so which lesson are they going to learn, Nigeria is messed up period
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
Da new hospital wil look like mutala mohammed airport shocked
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by nyxus(m): 11:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.

Mehn!!! See... Delusion Grandeur, so those feats he achieved during his first term don't need no maintenance... Just because you live in GRA don't mean U don't have the slum and with the way things are I guess just the front of your house is where is tarred. Its a shame... Those first term achievement will become moribund like ABUJA STADIUM a once wonder for africa. Please let's stop with our selfishness. I guess u work with River State Govt. Please change ur handle, U embarassing ROZAY
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by hasyak(m): 11:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
kingoflag:

(@the bolded)

Bullshitt! Yes, I said it: Fuc**king Bullshit! Like playmode said, yall just twisted in the head is all. The same silly excuse you gave above is what Nigerians always give when they finally start receiving the long term rewards for their short term decisions. Then they get to acting like the outcome was not predictable from the onset. The truth is, an overwhelming majority of Nigerians are hardcore hypocrites. They claim they want change and development, but because they know that it will come at a cost of being disciplined, they choose leaders that mirror them both in morals and actions--- but still foolishly hope that he'll miraculously change upon assuming power. Even if he did attempt to bring change,Nigerians would still resist. To say Nigerians are myopic is to put it mildly--- they need a total social reorientation. Normal people dont act the way they do. No right thinking person keeps choosing poverty over success.

What do you mean "are there any more right leaders in Nigeria" ?! Was Goodluck Jonathan your only choice in the last elections? Did you somehow miss the name Muhammad Buhari on the ballot? Buahri was definitely not the best Nigeria had to offer, but in that Election (like previous ones since 2003) hes been the best of a bad situation; even more glaringly so in the one that produced Goodluck Jonathan as President. But because Nigerians know that electing a man like Buhari would mean them embracing discipline, even if it meant an improvement in their standard of living, they made up every excuse--- from the reasonable to the absurd--- on why Buhari should never see Aso Rock. They immediately "remembered" that he was Muslim, an ex-Military Officer and a former Head of State. They also remembered he was dictatorial while he was Head of State (as if he had a choice when he was battling characters like Umaru Dikko), and that he ruled by decree (Umm... it was a Military takeover from a horribly corrupt Government people, read your history).

Then came the absurd--- He'll introduce Sharia (which he didnt do as Head Of State), "He's not young We need Young People", "Hes also a crook, he must have stolen money too we just didnt catch him, plus it'll be hard to catch him because he doesn't want to spend it now until all eyes are away from him " (this about a man that has a farm house in Daura and lives on his pension). Anyway, wouldnt common sense dictate that he's had over 30years to flaunt $2.3Billion if he really had it like the rest of his corrupt colleagues? Oh, and what better time to start spending stupendous wealth than when the grave might come calling at anytime? If he hasnt spent a dime from the Billions he "stole", when his he going to start?

Common Sense right? Dont think for once that Nigerians dont know what to do,they do, they just choose not to. There was a clear choice between Good and Bad, Competence and Incompetence, Corrigible versus Incorrigible.....

Nigerians had the choice between two proven track records; That is how you gauge someone! What you've done in the past= What youre most likely to do in the future. But they decided to choose the one with a record of incompetence and corruption by using every excuse in the book to denounce the man with good intentions. Now that the effects of corruption have started biting them, and their Government ---week in, week out--- force-feeds them with increased doses of corruption, now they want to cry. Sorry, but Its too late to cry now.

I could go on and on but I know its a waste of time. Most Nigerians have reached the land of no return; theres no turning back now.

If the head is not good, the tail will be rotten. A leader is the people.

Bottom-line, until that country is somehow blessed with an anti-corruption crusader, I'm sorry to say, the future doesnt looks pretty bleak.

+8
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2012

Rumukwuta in Port-Harcourt has not had light for about 8 days now. Please is Mr Ricky Ross telling me that Rumukwuta is among the Ghetto in PHC. Some areas in Port-Harcourt have steady lights, some other areas is totally opposite.

I'm not saying the governor has not worked but some areas are suffering. Some places in the state are flooded and are in need of basic amenities to survive. If Gov. Amaechi's immediate family was in an area flooded and people camping like Refugees to survive, he won't first by a Private Jet before he rescues his family.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by free2ryhme: 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
hi
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by 7lives: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
Nigeria is indeed very sick, the electorate and the elected are all sick, if i may ask why will a governor need a private jet?.
Materialism, greed,and selfishness, this is the bane of black man. A great country like Nigeria has been reduced to a beggar nation, the citizens wore strange garments wandering from state to states, country to countries in confusion chasing shadows.
Governor Amechi you don't need a private jet, what you need is to leave your mark on the sands of time, this you will achieve by building a rivers state that will be the envy of all.
Great men are not rich men, they are ordinary men loved by all and God.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 12:10am On Oct 27, 2012
nyxus:

Mehn!!! See... Delusion Grandeur, so those feats he achieved during his first term don't need no maintenance... Just because you live in GRA don't mean U don't have the slum and with the way things are I guess just the front of your house is where is tarred. Its a shame... Those first term achievement will become moribund like ABUJA STADIUM a once wonder for africa. Please let's stop with our selfishness. I guess u work with River State Govt. Please change ur handle, U embarassing ROZAY

Its my duty to embarrass fools and wake sorrry asssessss. I dont live in GRA and I work for no government, I am self employed, and I dont owe you any explanations.
The problem is, you are not making any point at all. And what made Abuja stadium wonder in Africa?
All parts of rivers state cannot be heaven, all fingers are not equal. In Lagos, Lekki, Ikoyi, Ikeja, VI, Marina etc are well developed, while Oshodi, Egbeda, Ikotun etc looks terrible as if we are still in the 16th century, does that mean Fashola isnt working?
BTW, I dont need to respond to every senseless bush dog anymore.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 12:16am On Oct 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Rumukwuta in Port-Harcourt has not had light for about 8 days now. Please is Mr Ricky Ross telling me that Rumukwuta is among the Ghetto in PHC. Some areas in Port-Harcourt have steady lights, some other areas is totally opposite.

I'm not saying the governor has not worked but some areas are suffering. Some places in the state are flooded and are in need of basic amenities to survive. If Gov. Amaechi's immediate family was in an area flooded and people camping like Refugees to survive, he won't first by a Private Jet before he rescues his family.

So true, at least you admit he has tried, and you also admit some areas have steady light. Some slowpoke are saying the entire state is in darkness, thats the kind of lie i hate. These problems are not peculiar to Rivers state alone. Can you mention any Nigerian city or state where all parts of the city are evenly developed? Is there any city that enjoy 24/7 uninterrupted power supply in Nigeria?

As for some areas of PHC being more developed than others; why not pay a visit to lagos, visit VI or Lekki, then you visit the mainland like Ikotun, come back and tell me what you see.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by yohannazack(m): 12:20am On Oct 27, 2012
Those who defend gej can as well defend amaechi. Oya, let me hear una. Like oga like boy. State of anarchy steerin at us. God wil deliver my belovet country frm d hands of heartless and criminal leaders.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by zeal500: 6:46am On Oct 27, 2012

Mr Rick Ross, please where is GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY, i challenge u to mention dos good road(s) built by Amaechi's Governmt in 5-6 years except Rumuobiakani round abt to slaughter r/abt, dualizin frm 1st bank to artillery n doing same on eliozu road.
You simply need to be ashamed of ur self.
if u do travel then ur neighbour Akwa ibom is still a destination any day, calabar xmas carnival is by far d best compared to dt one road movenmt,Enugu is doing very wel, jigawa is not doing badly at all to mention but a few.
let look at how much d Governor goes home wt n now compare n contrast.......... The next time u post tins like dis i will b forced to post d pix of how sad port-harcourt is not forgeting how under developin n horrible looking the Governors village is......dont push me

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

of course he won't buy a private jet.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 27, 2012
yohanna zack: Those who defend gej can as well defend amaechi. Oya, let me hear una. Like oga like boy. State of anarchy steerin at us. God wil deliver my belovet country frm d hands of heartless and criminal leaders.
amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kill 43 In Monguno, Hometown Of New NSA / Airforce Commences Night Training In Lagos (Don't Panic) / Campaign Poster And Achievements Of Governor Ortom 2019 (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.