Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer (20101 Views)

Go After Killer Herdsmen: Buhari Orders CDS, IGP / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
Franchizy said "I have always said it that 90% of Boko Haram sects are igbos and christians. God is vindicating us the Muslims. More truth will come out. Insha Allah".

see who is ranting? The guy is only taking advantage (if this story aint a cock n bull in d 1st place) of what you fanatics propagated to probably make up for his biz ur bombs destroyed and instead of u going to d guiness book of records to inform them u just acquired d ability to talk thru ya nyash u are here messing up our nose. Pure nama.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by COOLDUN: 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
geeez: What in Nigeria can we do about this blood thirsty, hate filled, envy radiating, money worshipping, crime embracing race?

You mean your tribe? I suggest that all of you and your entire generation and tribe be fed to the hungry lions in the zoo. From your statement one could easily see your irrelevance to this earth. If you still want to live then you and your entire generation and tribe should try the middle of the Sahara desert. Tribalistic fool.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by jhydebaba(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
Lazy officers trying to get a way outta their incompetence.
Sorry dude! They are gonna roast ur ass.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by COOLDUN: 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
franchizy:

My brother, tank you for this your comment, the igbos are Boko Haram and Boko Haram are igbos, they change there names to Hausa names just to carry out the devilish act, God will punish them one by one

Amen including you that changed your name to franchizy, from Abu Quaca,God have already started punishing the Boko Haram members, sponsors,sympathizers and agents from your bloody useless family and generation. I wish you whatever you wish the Igbo tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by iconaus: 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2012
It is fake publication . Do u trust Sahara . It is just political . Boko is 100% norhtern agenda . In this present situation in the north ; there is no how Igbos will join with BoKo to kill igbos and other nigerians since igbos have seen Boko as enemy instead igbos are becoming more and more stronger and united to fight the enemies. It is just polical ;OP NL always dig out out false story to dent the image of igbos given the dimention of igbo vs yoruba bashing in NL . A right thinking person will not beleive it. An average igbo man loves his life hence will not want to indulge in terrorism as displayed by Boko . This story can be likened to where they said church members bombed the churches in the north which was a politacl way of exonerating the BOko to point fingers in the wrong direction.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by martindgre: 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2012
Charles.nerd:
Now how is this news front page worthy,if not to cause disaffection and drive traffic for the owners of nairaland.No one is denying the fact that this crime actually happened,it did happen,but the motive behind putting this on the front page is pretty obvious to the discerning mind and the strategy seems to be working,but for how long?.Sometimes one gets to wonder whether nairaland is meant to unite us a nation or divide us by inciting and pitting one ethnic group against the other . I want to believe the owner of nairaland wants a "fatwa" declared on him before he realises that he is not getting his priorities right.And maybe he would create an "igbo for igbos" section as a face saving measure like he did for muslims.

If you are lacking "quality" and newsworthy items,I can help out. For your information,am planning to rob the CBN and am Igbo by the way,I hope this makes the front page too.

attempt it first am assuring you, you will make the front page of not only Nairaland but Cnn and Nta.
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by phreakabit(m): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
This Barcelona today match go tough oh.
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by phreakabit(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
Written by Isa Sa’idu, Kaduna
Friday, 26 October 2012 05:00
inShare.3SocButtons pluginThe police in Zaria have arrested one Uche Owunna, 30, of Port-Harcourt Road, Sabon Gari, Zaria who is believed to be behind the various assassinations that recently took place in Zaria, especially the killings of Igbos residing in the city; all in the name of Boko Haram.

The Kaduna State Command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Aminu Lawal, had confirmed the arrest to Daily Trust yesterday, saying that the suspect is now being interrogated at the police state headquarters.

“A complainant came to report to us that somebody has threatened him. He said the person has directed him to pay certain amount of money or he will be killed. Having received that information, we went in and napped the suspect at the point of collecting the money.

“Investigation is ongoing and this would help us to get more information on the activities of the suspect,” DSP Lawal said.

However, a source that is close to the suspect, who craved for anonymity, told Daily Trust that Owunna was arrested on Tuesday by the police following a tipoff. The source said Owunna was arrested at a joint in Zaria when he went to collect the ransom he demanded.

The source said luck ran out of Owunna when he called one Samuel, an Igbo man, of Sabon Gari, Zaria on phone and told him that his name was Ibrahim.

“The suspect told Samuel that his name is on the list of Igbos to be killed in Zaria, saying that ‘for your gesture to me when I was young, I will not execute the mission. For that reason, I want you to pay N50, 000 only to stay alive’ the suspect told Samuel on phone,” the source said.

The source further explained that Owunna had told Samuel that his gang was behind the killing of Dr Ago, a medical doctor at Zaria Railways Hospital, who was killed along two others in Zaria last month.

“Having heard that the suspect’s name was Ibrahim, Samuel became apprehensive, thinking that it was Boko Haram. What came to Samuel’s mind was that Boko Haram are after him. Our belief here in Zaria is that all the assassinations that took place in Zaria were done by the Boko Haram. This was why Samuel went to report to police and they were lucky to have apprehended the man when he came for the money he demanded,” our source said.

It would be recalled that Zaria had of late became notorious for killing of innocent people where members of the Boko Haram are always blamed for the act.

Just last month three people, including the Medical Director of Railways Hospital, Zaria, were killed at a beer parlour in Sabon Gari, Zaria. Before that, a Zaria businessman and a mobile policeman were also killed in the same month.

The frequent killings led to the restriction of movement of motorbikes to 9pm. Also, that made Igbo communities in Kaduna and Zaria to down tool for some days by locking their shops.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/179755-police-arrest-zaria-boko-haram-killer?device=iphone
[size=18pt]
How to make Egusi Soup[/size]

Ingredients

Egusi (Melon) seeds - 3 cigar cups | 600g
Red Palm Oil – 2 cooking spoons
Beef – Best cut and Shaki (cow tripe)
Fish – Dry Fish and Stock Fish
Crayfish
Pepper and Salt to taste
Vegetable – Pumpkin leaves or Bitter leaf
Seasoning – 3 Maggi or Knorr cubes
Traditional Seasoning – 1 Okpei (optional)
Tools I used

Cooker: Buy it in USA | in UK
Deep Pot: Buy it in USA | in UK
Spice grinder for grinding egusi (melon) seeds: Buy it in USA | in UK
Spatula: Buy it in USA | in UK
Chopping board: Buy it in USA | in UK
Knives: Buy it in USA | in UK
Before you cook Egusi Soup

Before preparing the soup, soak the dry fish for about half an hour. Boil the stockfish for 20 minutes and leave in the pot with the hot water to soak for about an hour.
Much closer to your cooking time, grind the Egusi with a dry mill. Grind the crayfish and the dry pepper separately and set aside. Wash the vegetable to be used. Cut into tiny pieces.
Boil the shaki, stock fish and dry fish in 1 litre of water till they are well done. First sign of a done shaki is that the cuts will start curling on itself.
Wash the beef to be used for the soup and place in a pot and start steaming at medium heat. There is no need to add water at this stage. When the meat is done, add 3 cubes of Maggi/Knorr. This method makes the meat cook faster while retaining all the taste. Also meat contains lots of water and you will notice that the water content increases as the meat starts to boil.
Cooking Directions

There are two main methods of cooking egusi soup. These we will call oil before egusi and egusi before oil. Confusing? Not.
Oil Before Egusi

Put 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil into a dry pot and set on the stove to heat. As soon as the oil is clearer, add the ground egusi and start frying. This should be done at low heat to avoid burning. Keep frying till you see the egusi getting drier. One sign of this is that it will start sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Now, start adding the shaki/fish stock little by little while still turning the egusi. When the stock is exhausted and you feel that the soup is still too thick, you can add more water. If your choice of vegetable is bitterleaf, it should be added now as well.
Cover the pot and cook for 30 to 45 minutes. The egusi is done when you notice that the oil has risen to the surface of the mix and separated from the mix. If this is the case, add the fish, shaki and meat. Also add pepper and salt to taste. If pumpkin leaves (or any other soft vegetable) is your choice, please add it now.
Cover the pot and leave everything to steam together for 5 minutes.
The egusi soup is ready to be served with amala, Eba (garri), pounded yam or cassava fufu.
Egusi Before Oil

This method produces a healthier egusi soup. This is because there is no frying involved.
In this method, as soon as the shaki, fish and meat are done, remove them from the stock and place in a different pot or plate.
Add the ground egusi to the stock and cook for 40 minutes. You will notice the clear egusi oil coming to the surface of the soup.
Add 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil, the meat, fish, bitter leaves (if it is your choice of vegetable) pepper and salt to taste and cook for another 10 minutes. Now, add the pumpkin leaves if is your choice of vegetables, stir the soup and turn off the heat.
The egusi soup is ready to be served with amala, Eba (garri), pounded yam or cassava fufu.

Enjoy. . . .

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by aljharem(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2012
^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin[size=18pt] LMAO !!!![/size]
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by iconaus: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
@ geeez

You always comment where ever u see something against igbos . U hardly comment on other issues in NL . U snoop around looking for thread targeting igbos . I am sorry for you because of the hatred u have for igbos and bet u if continue this hate then one day u gonna commit suicide because igbos have got the momentum now in nigeria and nothing is stopping that movement ; not even you ; just face the fact and occupy ur mind with positive stuff . Anti igbo will drive you mad .

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2012
phreakabit:
[size=18pt]

Ingredients

Crayfish
Pepper and Salt to taste
Tools I used

Before preparing the soup, soak the dry fish for about half an hour. Boil the stockfish for 20 minutes and leave in the pot with the hot water to soak for about an hour.
Much closer to your cooking time, grind the Egusi with a dry mill. Grind the crayfish and the dry pepper separately and set aside. Wash the vegetable to be used. Cut into tiny pieces.
Boil the shaki, stock fish and dry fish in 1 litre of water till they are well done. First sign of a done shaki is that the cuts will start curling on itself.
Wash the beef to be used for the soup and place in a pot and start steaming at medium heat. There is no need to add water at this stage. When the meat is done, add 3 cubes of Maggi/Knorr. This method makes the meat cook faster while retaining all the taste. Also meat contains lots of water and you will notice that the water content increases as the meat starts to boil.
Cooking Directions

There are two main methods of cooking egusi soup. These we will call oil before egusi and egusi before oil. Confusing? Not.
Oil Before Egusi

Put 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil into a dry pot and set on the stove to heat. As soon as the oil is clearer, add the ground egusi and start frying. This should be done at low heat to avoid burning. Keep frying till you see the egusi getting drier. One sign of this is that it will start sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Now, start adding the shaki/fish stock little by little while still turning the egusi. When the stock is exhausted and you feel that the soup is still too thick, you can add more water. If your choice of vegetable is bitterleaf, it should be added now as well.
Cover the pot and cook for 30 to 45 minutes. The egusi is done when you notice that the oil has risen to the surface of the mix and separated from the mix. If this is the case, add the fish, shaki and meat. Also add pepper and salt to taste. If pumpkin leaves (or any other soft vegetable) is your choice, please add it now.
Egusi Before Oil

This method produces a healthier egusi soup. This is because there is no frying involved.
In this method, as soon as the shaki, fish and meat are done, remove them from the stock and place in a different pot or plate.
Add the ground egusi to the stock and cook for 40 minutes. You will notice the clear egusi oil coming to the surface of the soup.
Add 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil, the meat, fish, bitter leaves (if it is your choice of vegetable) pepper and salt to taste and cook for another 10 minutes. Now, add the pumpkin leaves if is your choice of vegetables, stir the soup and turn off the heat.

Enjoy. . . .
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by LivingSaint(m): 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
Why are some of my fellow Igbo people so stupid as to use an issue as grave as Boko Haram to extort money from other Igbo and non-muslims? Whether or not the suspect killed his victim, may God's wrath rest on him and those of the same ilk. At the heart of every crisis they ensure that Igbo names go in the wrong records, putting shame on my face - as well as those of sane and right-thinking Igbo. God save us from our brother-enemies.
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Ganys: 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
berem: What a boring and cold saturday! "Yawns and walks sluggishly to bed"
Oloriburuku omo oni iranu...So, u dey yawn now, if to say the guy na muslim now, Your Nokia 3310 keypad for don suffer, Blamming hausa & islam for the problem...Iwonu Olohun nu...Mtcheewww angry
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Wadeoye(m): 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2012
Living_Saint: Why are some of my fellow Igbo people so stupid as to use an issue as grave as Boko Haram to extort money from other Igbo and non-muslims? Whether or not the suspect killed his victim, may God's wrath rest on him and those of the same ilk. At the heart of every crisis they ensure that Igbo names go in the wrong records, putting shame on my face - as well as those of sane and right-thinking Igbo. God save us from our brother-enemies.

How I wish even 10% of Igbos are like you?
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by LivingSaint(m): 10:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
Ganys:
Oloriburuku omo oni iranu...So, u dey yawn now, if to say the guy na muslim now, Your Nokia 3310 keypad for don suffer, Blamming hausa & islam for the problem...Iwonu Olohun nu...Mtcheewww angry
Easy, please easy. Let him sleep okay! Lets leave the name-calling and discuss the issue in a truthful, objective and reasonable manner, which I know you are capable of.
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by victorD3: 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2012
franchizy: I have always said it that 90% of Boko Haram sects are igbos and christians. God is vindicating us the Muslims. More truth will come out. Insha Allah

Sharaaaapp!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Ganys: 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2012
victorD3:

Sharaaaapp!
U chop winch
make e no talk again, na u dey buy am MB
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2012
Where is Prof. Chinua Achebe? I said it that he has left d country for a long time. So he is out of touch with d realities on ground. He should apologise for his Biafran me
ntality
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by dozern(m): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2012
some time i wonder how this Hausa muslims behave. There logics has never entice me for once, even dat of the acclaimed most intelligent malam, sanusi lamido. How can a criminal who wants to use the opportunity created by the bh to make ilicit money will turn out to be book haram. He must face the consequences. Telling me dat xtians and igbos ar the boko is rubish. This event is wat d nothern wil recieve as the aftermat effect of bh insurgent.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2012
Politics / Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by

I used to respect this Man alot and I now have reservations. I respect the igbo race for their ingenuity,resourcefulness, never-say-die attitude and commerce. However, Mr. Achebe has not extricated himself from the Biafran Mentality, which I think our leaders are helping to foster(including Achebe) The igbo race like other ethnic groups in Nigeria has lost its ideals. The whole Qualities I mentioned earlier has been given negative perspectives from the action of their kinsmen. A particular example was when the Senate Presidency was zoned to the east. You and I know what transpired, how many senate presidents did we have within that short time? I expected a colossal icon like CA to work for the unification of Nigeria, instead of writing novels that will further speed us apart. I am sorry to say, Mr. Achebe has left the country for long, he does no know what his average kinsman is ready to do to make money at the expense of his fellow igbo man. Please sir, you opinion of the igbo race has long been overshadowed by GREED.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2012
It is obvious those involved in this tribal bashing are doing so due to the level of their illiteracy. Any sane and educated individual would never partake in such senseless bullying and random display of foolishness. Even the youths have caught this disease of hurling insults at their fellow Countryman! Does it mean we can engage our fellow countryman in a fight should we meet outside the shores of Nigeria? Even if you think break-up solves any problem, there would also be internal fights within a tribe after the break-up which would at the end agitate for a break-up,, more break-ups...Reality check for all, We don't have a future if we continue this way and we may end up paying dearly
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Smartiegurl(f): 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: Politics / Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by

I used to respect this Man alot and I now have reservations. I respect the igbo race for their ingenuity,resourcefulness, never-say-die attitude and commerce. However, Mr. Achebe has not extricated himself from the Biafran Mentality, which I think our leaders are helping to foster(including Achebe) The igbo race like other ethnic groups in Nigeria has lost its ideals. The whole Qualities I mentioned earlier has been given negative perspectives from the action of their kinsmen. A particular example was when the Senate Presidency was zoned to the east. You and I know what transpired, how many senate presidents did we have within that short time? I expected a colossal icon like CA to work for the unification of Nigeria, instead of writing novels that will further speed us apart. I am sorry to say, Mr. Achebe has left the country for long, he does no know what his average kinsman is ready to do to make money at the expense of his fellow igbo man. Please sir, you opinion of the igbo race has long been overshadowed by GREED.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like

story story!
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by 76virgins(m): 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
The General: How can one kill his own people?

So r u sayin dat dis BOKO are not the ones killin their Northern people,since one cannot kill his own people'as u implied on ur statement,then who is behind the killin in the North?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
Smartie gurl: story story!
How old are you?
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Tinyemeka(m): 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
phreakabit:
[size=18pt]

Ingredients

Crayfish
Pepper and Salt to taste
Tools I used

Cooking Directions

Oil Before Egusi

Egusi Before Oil

Enjoy. . . .

The 'egusi before oil' style is easier to prepare because attempts to fry the egusi (in 'oil before egusi') may result to a burnt concoction. But if successful, this method produces a much thicker soup and aroma.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by controlseven: 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2012
Smartie gurl: story story!
Who be dis sef? White pigeon?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Igweka(m): 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2012
The heading no fit the story jare,abi they use am sell the paper. Why must the concluded that he is behind zaria killing. Ewoh Naija
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Dainfamous: 1:09am On Oct 28, 2012
news from daily trust is always anti igbo this is not new to us..
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Rooneyboy(m): 1:16am On Oct 28, 2012
Super1759: I don't believe this story. Infact,some things are better not said. No righting thinking fellow will engulf this without sporting the loopholes in the story. This is rubbish

ur post gladdens my heart when ever I read them .

Keep it up man.
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Dainfamous: 1:25am On Oct 28, 2012
Dede1:

The earlier you recognize your stupidity and start thinking there is one race on earth, thus, human race, the better for you. A good friend does not speak ill about another friend anonymously. Next time, shove the condescending craps about your Igbo friends who work with you and their integrity.
u mind the buffoon..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough / Abdulmumin Jibrin Shares Photo With His Daughter / Governor Wike And Wife Share A Kiss At New Year Banquet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.