Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (116686 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by adsonstone: 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

The bold is a dubious claim.

Those are your claims above

Go ahead and explain how Boko Haram and Brocab's senselessness are related to the Rosary...

But when I ask if you sought/provided proof for the Bible compilation and Deeper life...

...And when I ask if it is hypocrisy (after you had falsely accused me of hypocrisy) to ask proof of Jesus' approval for the Rosary when you didn't ask/provide proof of Jesus' approval of the compilation of the bible and deeper life founding...

...it suddenly isn't related to the Rosary.

Of course, you're just dodging the questions because answering honestly will reveal your hypocrisy.

For once, THINK!

Those statements were comparisons to you wild assumptions and words, to show you they're grossly irrelevant.

Brocab's 'senselessness' is YOUR own claim, what have I to do with it?!

You mentioned that 'Brocab was senseless,' I replied by asking why you were still talking with him, you said to expose him further...I simply answered that 'keep exposing him!'

Do you have any problem with that?!

For the other one, you said you have the right to condemn whatever you do not like, I answered you by comparing your belief to what the Boko Haram believe; that they have a right to condemn and destroy whatever they do not like!

Is that too much for you to deal with?

Again, I say; I have no obligation to provide any proof for anything, I did not claim anything which requires any proof.

If anyone is to prove anything, it is who should prove that; God confirmed the rosary to you..because you claimed that.

Where are the questions I dodged?
Do you mean providing proofs for your own assumptions and claims I did not make?

See, if you cannot be honest and straightforward, it is not compulsory to talk, you have a right not to!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
You said it again-the Catholic Church gave you the bible and the rosary's, and I am again confirming it to you, when the Lord speaks He confirms His words with scripture.
So again I ask-where about's in the scriptures, God had given you such info-so the world can believe.
italo:

Where did I change my mind?

I know you have a mental deficiency but I still stand by my words that the Catholic Church gave us the Bible and the Rosary and God confirmed to me that both were from him.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
adsonstone:

For once, THINK!

Those statements were comparisons to you wild assumptions and words, to show you they're grossly irrelevant.

You mentioned that 'Brocab was senseless,' I replied by asking why you were still talking with him, you said to expose him further...I simply answered that 'keep exposing him!'

For the other one, you said you have the right to condemn whatever you do not like, I answered you by comparing your belief to what the Boko Haram believe; that they have a right to condemn and destroy whatever they do not like!

Again, I say; I have no obligation to provide any proof for anything, I did not claim anything which requires any proof.

If anyone is to prove anything, it is who should prove that; God confirmed the rosary to you..because you claimed that.

Do you mean providing proofs for your own assumptions and claims I did not make?

See, if you cannot be honest and straightforward, it is not compulsory to talk, you have a right not to!

Why should I show you where Jesus approved the Rosary? Did I come to you asking you to pray the Rosary or did your fellow Protestants come on this public thread, condemning the Rosary?

Did you ever ask for proof of where Jesus approved the compilation of the bible before reading it?

Yet you claim am being hypocritical. Is it not hypocrisy to ask me to show where Jesus approved the rosary when you dont do same for the bible and the foundation of Deeper Life?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
You said it again-the Catholic Church gave you the bible and the rosary's, and I am again confirming it to you, when the Lord speaks He confirms His words with scripture.
So again I ask-where about's in the scriptures, God had given you such info-so the world can believe.

Wow! I didn't know the bold. Please tell me where God told you the bold...and tell me where God told you that he told Mark and Luke to write books.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
None what so ever has anything you have written, make any sense, even the scriptures you have produced-don't match up.
If you really have a heart for Christ-then at least back it up.
dmandy:

ALL the wordings of the Holy Rosary are based on the scriptures. There is no part of the Holy Rosary where Mary is given all authority. It has always been her role to intercede for us to Jesus. (Mary does not replace Jesus any more than your pastors/priests/prophets/senior apostles and the likes does by praying for you)
The scripture that is inspired by the Holy spirit. 2Tim 3:16
the Rosary is not man-made, All the prayers of the Rosary are in the Bible (Word of God) only that to you the Bible is a one-off event.
So like Mary, you are advised to be faithful to the word of God and call her blessed.
Yes, I do. And the Catholic church wants you and I to emulate that virtue.
Praise the lord!!!

I think you are the best position than God himself to tell me who I worship and who I don't. It's well.

the catholic church didn't make Mary queen, God Himself did when He chose her to be the Mother of a King above all Kings and mighty God. Is 9:6

No wonder the people of Isreal did not understand why Jesus called himself 'Son of God'. If you don't understand, there are two socially acceptable options keep quite or ask questions. Don't fight what you don't understand. Remember Matt 11:18/19.
Is it a sin again to praise someone? Na God go heal all the hypocrisy of una.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
None what so ever has anything you have written, make any sense, even the scriptures you have produced-don't match up.
If you really have a heart for Christ-then at least back it up.

I honestly wish I understood what u wrote up there.

The scriptures don't match? How?

O yes I do have a heart for Christ and I back it up by meditating on his life and mysteries when I say the rosary and I can teach you to do likewise only if you can let go of bitterness. Jesus loves you. Mother Mary loves you and she means well.

Stop assuming that the more you hate Mary and bring her down the more you prove your love for Jesus. Asi Asi.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by adsonstone: 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

Why should I show you where Jesus approved the Rosary?
Did I come to you asking you to pray the Rosary or did
your fellow Protestants come on this public thread,
condemning the Rosary?

Yes, the rosary was being condemned first...and that was the reason I suggested you showing them where Jesus approved it (since they would believe that) rather than you keep claiming that 'Jesus never condemned it'...like you know certainly all what Jesus condemned and approved.

I did not request any proof for my own use...I do not need it, it makes no difference to me.

italo:

Did you ever ask for proof of where Jesus approved the
compilation of the bible before reading it?

No, I don't need one.

I have one already.

italo:

Yet you claim am being hypocritical. Is it not hypocrisy to
ask me to show where Jesus approved the rosary when
you dont do same for the bible and the foundation of
Deeper Life?

Again, I did not request it, it was just my suggestion to you...for those who are against the rosary.

I'm not for or against the use of the rosary, it makes no difference to me.

....and I ask you again, or what relevance is deeperlife to what's being discussed?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Of course we hear the claims made by Catholic's that Jesus never told any of His disciples to write anything down, and clearly He never wrote any of the scriptures Himself for example.
It is not strange that if Christianity were to be learned from the bible only, that Christ Himself never wrote a line, nor commanded His apostles to write. Only 5 of the 12 did write, for their divine commission was not to write, but to teach and preach the gospel {Matt 19, Mark 15, Luke 16, Acts 8} They wrote merely to confirm their teaching, and never given the slightest intimation that Christianity was to rest solely on a bible foundation.
Of course the Catholic's will say this is a significant omission in the bible, which in their view severely undermines the validity of the protestant principle. Turn the attention of those who are making such claims, of the book of Revelation.

These verses are quoted from the King James.
Revelation 1:11,19-2:1,8,12,18-3:1,7,14-14:1, 19:9, 21:5. So 12 times to seven different Church communities, John is directed by Jesus to write what became scripture.
Well did Jesus ever write anything down Himself-in His own hand-Yes He certainly did.
Exodus 31:12-18 "Written by the finger of God, He wrote the 10 commandments.

John 21:24-25 "This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down.
We know that the testimony is true. Jesus did many other things as well. If everyone of them were written down, I suppose that even the hole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
italo:

Wow! I didn't know the bold. Please tell me where God told you the bold...and tell me where God told you that he told Mark and Luke to write books.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
adsonstone:

Yes, the rosary was being condemned first...and that was the reason I suggested you showing them where Jesus approved it (since they would believe that) rather than you keep claiming that 'Jesus never condemned it'...like you know certainly all what Jesus condemned and approved.

I did not request any proof for my own use...I do not need it, it makes no difference to me.

No, I don't need one.

I have one already.

Again, I did not request it, it was just my suggestion to you...for those who are against the rosary.

I'm not for or against the use of the rosary, it makes no difference to me.

....and I ask you again, or what relevance is deeperlife to what's being discussed?

Nice merry-go-round.

Good night...until you have something meaningful to say about the Rosary.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Now you are acting silly-no-one hates anybody-you just need to settle down.
It shows clearly you haven't given your hole heart completely over to Jesus, Jesus said theirs only one way into Heaven and that's through Him. You must become a born again Christian, before you can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
His word and their is no lie found in His truth,
dmandy:

I honestly wish I understood what u wrote up there.

The scriptures don't match? How?

O yes I do have a heart for Christ and I back it up by meditating on his life and mysteries when I say the rosary and I can teach you to do likewise only if you can let go of bitterness. Jesus loves you. Mother Mary loves you and she means well.

Stop assuming that the more you hate Mary and bring her down the more you prove your love for Jesus. Asi Asi.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
You both love writing my name, brocab, does this mean I am famous?
adsonstone:

For once, THINK!

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 12:24am On Dec 16, 2015
brocab:
Of course we hear the claims made by Catholic's that Jesus never told any of His disciples to write anything down, and clearly He never wrote any of the scriptures Himself for example.
It is not strange that if Christianity were to be learned from the bible only, that Christ Himself never wrote a line, nor commanded His apostles to write. Only 5 of the 12 did write, for their divine commission was not to write, but to teach and preach the gospel

{Matt 19, Mark 15, Luke 16, Acts 8} They wrote merely to confirm their teaching, and never given the slightest intimation that Christianity was to rest solely on a bible foundation.
Of course the Catholic's will say this is a significant omission in the bible, which in their view severely undermines the validity of the protestant principle. Turn the attention of those who are making such claims, of the book of Revelation.

These verses are quoted from the King James.
Revelation 1:11,19-2:1,8,12,18-3:1,7,14-14:1, 19:9, 21:5. So 12 times to seven different Church communities, John is directed by Jesus to write what became scripture.
Well did Jesus ever write anything down Himself-in His own hand-Yes He certainly did.
Exodus 31:12-18 "Written by the finger of God, He wrote the 10 commandments.

John 21:24-25 "This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down.
We know that the testimony is true. Jesus did many other things as well. If everyone of them were written down, I suppose that even the hole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

You still haven't shown me where God said that when he speaks, he confirms it with scripture...

...and that Mark and Luke should write anything.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 6:40am On Dec 16, 2015
Acts 2:17 "In the last day's, God says I will pour out My Spirit on all fresh, Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams.
And sure enough as the word said-these things have come to past.
Men and women all over the world, have received these dreams and visions, prophesying-backing it up with scripture.

Like the Catholic's said, Jesus didn't tell anyone to write the scriptures.
italo:

You still haven't shown me where God said that when he speaks, he confirms it with scripture...

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 16, 2015
brocab:
Now you are acting silly-no-one hates anybody-you just need to settle down.
It shows clearly you haven't given your hole heart completely over to Jesus, Jesus said theirs only one way into Heaven and that's through Him. You must become a born again Christian, before you can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
His word and their is no lie found in His truth,

No, it rather shows that I have given not just my heart completely to Jesus but also my entire life. I also shows that I love Jesus and the entire body of Christ Including Mother Mary.

There is only ONE way to heaven and that is thorough Jesus but there is not just one way to Jesus. Anyone who has truly found Jesus can lead you to Him.

O yes, no one can enter heaven except he be born again. But contrary to what you were fed with being born again is not equal to hating Mary. Rather it is accepting Jesus and all his gifts including the gift of a wonderful Mother.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2015
brocab:
Acts 2:17 "In the last day's, God says I will pour out My Spirit on all fresh, Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams.
Men and women all over the world, have received these dreams and visions, prophesying-backing it up with scripture.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2015
Acts 2:17 "In the last day's, God says I will pour out My Spirit on all fresh, Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions and you old men will dream dreams.
Men and women all over the world, have received visions dreams, and prophesy-backing it up with scripture.

But your wrong.
italo:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2015
Did you actually read where I said I hated Mary-or is this your way of dealing with scriptures you can't produce.
So automatically-I am guilty. Very poor ling, shame on you...
You say you love Jesus and of course Mary-so does this mean you don't love your brother in Christ?
And Jesus is the only way- if His word says you must be born again-then believe it, theirs no other way.
Jesus said so.
dmandy:

No, it rather shows that I have given not just my heart completely to Jesus but also my entire life. I also shows that I love Jesus and the entire body of Christ Including Mother Mary.

There is only ONE way to heaven and that is thorough Jesus but there is not just one way to Jesus. Anyone who has truly found Jesus can lead you to Him.

O yes, no one can enter heaven except he be born again. But contrary to what you were fed with being born again is not equal to hating Mary. Rather it is accepting Jesus and all his gifts including the gift of a wonderful Mother.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by NanaAmofah(m): 8:19am On Dec 16, 2015
Now the first question is who are the catholics serving GOD,saints or Mary. Answer and the next question will follow step by step
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2015
brocab:
Acts 2:17 "In the last day's, God says I will pour out My Spirit on all fresh, Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions and you old men will dream dreams.
Men and women all over the world, have received visions dreams, and prophesy-backing it up with scripture.

But your wrong.

The verse says nothing about God speaking and backing it up with Scripture.

Neither does the verse tell us that the writers of Mark and Luke were Mark and Luke.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 16, 2015
brocab:
Did you actually read where I said I hated Mary-or is this your way of dealing with scriptures you can't produce.
We are not dragging anything Mr. I actually read where you called her names.

Which scriptures, Sir did you ask me to produce? I will gladly oblige.

Okay here is what I do when I say the holy rosary:

1. In the name of the father, the son and the Holy Spirit. Amen (matt 28:19)
2. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ our Lord, His only begotten Son …..(Jn 14:1)
3. Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come …….(Matt 6:9)
4. Hail Mary full of Grace, the lord is with you…..(luk 1:28)
5. Glory be to the Father, to the Son and to the Holy spirit …..(phil 4:20)

So automatically-I am guilty. Very poor ling, shame on you...
How does your being guilty translate to shame on me. Nna nawa o. If you are guilty, then no shame at all, eat your words and embrace the truth.
You say you love Jesus and of course Mary-so does this mean you don't love your brother in Christ?
It's clear to me how you read. I did say this
dmandy: It also shows that I love Jesus and the entire body of Christ Including Mother Mary.

And Jesus is the only way- if His word says you must be born again-then believe it, theirs no other way.
Jesus said so.

No other way at all. Jesus is the answer. But how can you go to Jesus unless someone leads you to him...Rom 10:14 (How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?) or is that a one-off event solely for Romans?

If you don't understand anything, ask.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2015
NanaAmofah:
Now the first question is who are the catholics serving GOD,saints or Mary. Answer and the next question will follow step by step

I will also ask you one question.

Who were the Catholic's serving when the compiled and canonized the Bible you're carrying about...when they instituted Christmas and Easter that you celebrate...when they changed the day of worship to Sunday that you adhere to?

God, Saints or Mary?

Who
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2015
The gospel narratives were not written at the time the events happened, like some kind of daily journal entry.
Rather, they were put together later, like most historical narratives, based on the memory research, and compilation. Matthew and John were both eyewitnesses to most of the events in their narratives.
Mark and Luke had access to the eyewitnesses. In fact Luke mentions that he carefully investigated everything from the beginning before writing the gospel.

Luke 1:1-4 "In as much as many have taken in hand to set in order a narrative of those things which most surely believe among us.
Just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word delivered them to us.
It seemed good to me also, having prefect understanding of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus. That you may know the certainly of those things in which you were instructed.

Very probably Mark gleaned information for his gospel from the apostle Peter.
1 Peter 5:11-13 "With the help of Silus, whom I have regarded as a faithful brother, I have written to you briefly encouraging you and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand fast in it.
She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings and so does my son Mark. Greet one another with a kiss of love. The other benefit he writers had-and this is a big one-is that they were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
2 Timothy 3:16 "All scriptures are breathed out by God, and is profitable for teaching,for reproof for correction, and for the training of righteousness.
In fact Jesus had promised them that the Spirit would bring to their remembrance "everything" I had said. 1 John 14:16. Now you come up the evidence who told you, you can pray the rosary's?
italo:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by NanaAmofah(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2015
italo:

I will also ask you one question.

Who were the Catholic's serving when the compiled and canonized the Bible you're carrying about...when they instituted Christmas and Easter that you celebrate...when they changed the day of worship to Sunday that you adhere to?

God, Saints or Mary?

Who
My brother in the God not all christains attend church on sundays and also celebrate easter and christmas and do u know that catholic bible is different from some of ours. So I hav humbly answered ur question waiting for the answer of mine thanks
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2015
The blind will lead the blind.
You cant see that? Yes I have got to remember, you spend less time praying to the Lord-then you do with Mary.
And of course, you wouldn't be able to see-how the word is spelt out in front of you.

It is clear-Jesus pointed it out, in word and in truth, His people will see dreams and visions, which backs up His word.
The bible is clear-only for those who are seeking, but every time I have given you scripture, you don't seem to receive it to well.
You always come back with a smart remark-really you are fooling yourself, you don't know the scriptures-and you won't know them, until you accept Jesus fully into your heart and receive the Holy Spirit-one must be born again.
Listen if you want people to believe you-with your story telling, then at least share the story soundly.
Expect rejections from other Christians-don't argue, just prove your point. You really need to tell your story to those who would believe you, say the Catholic's.
Us Christians worship Jesus and He alone-we don't need idols to keep us informed, who Jesus is.
italo:

The verse says nothing about God speaking and backing it up with Scripture.

Neither does the verse tell us that the writers of Mark and Luke were Mark and Luke.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 16, 2015
NanaAmofah:

Now first answer is Catholics serve God, Saints, Mary, Father, Mother, Brothers, Sisters etc Gal 5:13.

Next?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by NanaAmofah(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2015
dmandy:

Now first answer is Catholics serve God, Saints, Mary, Father, Mother, Brothers, Sisters etc Gal 5:13.

Next?
then it simply means u are in love with Mary and u want to have children with her also even with ur family members also. John 13:34. Pls if u don't understand the bibble let someone explain the meaning of what Apostle Paul wrote to the people in galatians. With all due respect
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:05am On Dec 16, 2015
Well done you wrote some scriptures-I will give you a pat on the back.
I am not guilty, but you are-guilty to idolize the rosary, and everything you worship out side the 10 commandments.

Quote>But how can you go to Jesus unless someone leads you to Him.
Open your eye's, everyday the gospel is being preached through out the world-God is sending His people to the four corners on this planet, time and time again-the message these days is spreading at a faster rate, all you can do is just do your bit, like myself I am spreading the word slowly but surely. It takes one person at a time.
But always remember if it's not Jesus you are preaching about, then its best not to preach at all.
dmandy:

We are not dragging anything Mr. I actually read where you called her names.

Which scriptures, Sir did you ask me to produce? I will gladly oblige.

Okay here is what I do when I say the holy rosary:

1. In the name of the father, the son and the Holy Spirit. Amen (matt 28:19)
2. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ our Lord, His only begotten Son …..(Jn 14:1)
3. Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come …….(Matt 6:9)
4. Hail Mary full of Grace, the lord is with you…..(luk 1:28)
5. Glory be to the Father, to the Son and to the Holy spirit …..(phil 4:20)

How does your being guilty translate to shame on me. Nna nawa o. If you are guilty, then no shame at all, eat your words and embrace the truth.
It's clear to me how you read. I did say this

No other way at all. Jesus is the answer. But how can you go to Jesus unless someone leads you to him...Rom 10:14 (How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?) or is that a one-off event solely for Romans?

If you don't understand anything, ask.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 16, 2015
NanaAmofah:
then it simply means u are in love with Mary and u want to have children with her also even with ur family members also.
undecided
John 13:34.
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another and you added (excluding Catholics, Mary and the saints)

Pls if u don't understand the bibble let someone explain the meaning of what Apostle Paul wrote to the people in galatians. With all due respect

Okay, Sir can you please explain it to me. Gal 5:13 'For, brethren, ye have been called unto[b] liberty[/b]; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.'
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 16, 2015
brocab:
Well done you wrote some scriptures-I will give you a pat on the back.
Thanks for that acknowledgement.
I am not guilty, but you are-guilty to idolize the rosary, and everything you worship out side the 10 commandments.
No, I am not guilty, I don't idolize the rosary... I have showed you where it is in the bible. I don't worship anything outside the 10 commandments. Anyone who does is in error. The Catholic church teaches against it.
Quote>But how can you go to Jesus unless someone leads you to Him.
How? I believe someone first told you about Jesus if you actually know Him.
Open your eye's, everyday the gospel is being preached through out the world-God is sending His people to the four corners on this planet, time and time again-the message these days is spreading at a faster rate, all you can do is just do your bit, like myself I am spreading the word slowly but surely. It takes one person at a time.
Good, by spreading the gospel and not hatred... you are leading people to Jesus. You are an intercessor, I pray God gives you the grace and strength to push forward.
But always remember if it's not Jesus you are preaching about, then its best not to preach at all.
Of course, if its not Jesus its not the gospel. Jesus is the Gospel. That is the central message of the holy Rosary even (Birth, Life, passion, death and resurrection of Jesus) period. This little pamphlet will teach you how to start praying the rosary (crown of roses) from today... www.newadvent.org/images/rosary.pdf
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by NanaAmofah(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2015
Thanks a lot Dmandy for the sense of maturity exhibited these are the kind of needed for discussions on this forum not those that answers every question with insult. Remember we are One body and one spirit called Ephesian 4:4
Now to the explanation
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2015
NanaAmofah:
Thanks a lot Dmandy for the sense of maturity exhibited these are the kind of needed for discussions on this forum not those that answers every question with insult. Remember we are One body and one spirit called Ephesian 4:4
Now to the explanation

welcome.

We are one body and spirit and nothing except sin can separate us.

I am listening.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by NanaAmofah(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2015
Now let's take it from dis point when ur parents gave birth to u don't u serve them, family brothers and cousins don't u serve them both old and young and finaly the elderly in the comunity and ur friends don't u serve them one way or the other this is what paul was saying we should do all dis through love. Now let me ask how many times have u prayed through the above people to intervene for u in the site of christ or God. Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (83) (Reply)

ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.