Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (116732 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:13am On Dec 14, 2015
Do what Jesus would do?
You know you are disobeying the word of God. You know it wasn't God of heaven speaking to you-but the God of this world.
And If you were to obey God's commandments-you would follow after His words true and true.
The only reason you refuse to obey God's commandments is because you would be disqualified from the Catholic Church. .
italo:

Even when he confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him?

And he never commanded me not to pray the Rosary...so I'm not disobeying.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:32am On Dec 14, 2015
italo:

Why all the harsh comments?

Simply because I talked to God and he confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him?

Are you angry that God speaks to me?

You believe that God is in your custody and can only speak to who you want him to speak to?
my comment is harsh because u are lying and u have refused the truth, God has spoken to us through the bible, and there is no where in the bible u can find support for the rosary. U cant claim the rosary is from God when even ur church admits they adopted it from paganism. So tell me how can God speak to only italo and shun the rest of christians, God did not speak to paul ;peter, john, mathew , mark, philip, luke, jude and jesus about the rosary it is italo he has choosen to speak to. U are a lier and u have intentionaly refused the truth because of your bias towards the catholic church, sorry u are lost.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 7:40am On Dec 14, 2015
brocab:
Do what Jesus would do?
You know you are disobeying the word of God. You know it wasn't God of heaven speaking to you-but the God of this world.
And If you were to obey God's commandments-you would follow after His words true and true.
The only reason you refuse to obey God's commandments is because you would be disqualified from the Catholic Church. .

You keep saying I'm disobeying God when God never said "don't pray the Rosary."

I already told you that God himself has confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him.

So the God of heaven cannot speak to me abi?

He can only speak to you?

He is in your custody? You own him?

You're God's lawmaker?

undecided
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
my comment is harsh because u are lying and u have refused the truth,

Prove that I'm lying. I also think you're lying.
EMILO2STAY:

God has spoken to us through the bible, and there is no where in the bible u can find support for the rosary.

I have listed bible verses supporting the Rosary and Church Tradition above. Please show me a bible verse that condemns the Rosary.

EMILO2STAY:

U cant claim the rosary is from God when even ur church admits they adopted it from paganism.
Lie! Show us where the Church admits such.

EMILO2STAY:

So tell me how can God speak to only italo and shun the rest of christians, God did not speak to paul ;peter, john, mathew , mark, philip, luke, jude and jesus about the rosary it is italo he has choosen to speak to. U are a lier and u have intentionaly refused the truth because of your bias towards the catholic church, sorry u are lost.

1. How many Christians have you spoken to before concluding that God told only me that the Rosary is from him? Did you speak to the over 1billion catholics?

2. Did God speak to Paul, Peter, John, Matthew, Mark, Philip, Luke, Jude and Jesus about writing and compiling the Bible, Church wedding, Christian funeral etc?

If Yes, show the verses.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:06am On Dec 14, 2015
2 Thess 2:15 "Talks about the traditions of the word of God-that was taught by the disciples, not your old pagan traditions.
And their is no part in scripture, where Jesus talks about the rosary's.
Your worldly God gave you permission to pray the rosary's. Not the heavenly God.

Luke 1:42-44 "Mary receiving the Holy Spirit, later she had visited Elisabeth also with child, said she felt her child leaping up for joy inside her womb, Elisabeth couldn't believe her eye's that the mother of my lord should come to me.
So this scripture isn't about Mary, its all about Jesus-Mary was just the carrier. Look what happened when Jesus was born, 3 wise men and the shepherds, were sent by God to see Jesus.

Lets look further into Luke 11:27-28 "As Jesus was saying these things a woman in the crown, called out saying blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.
Lets look what Jesus said: bless are those who hear the word of God and observe it.
Mary didn't receive any credit here, not even a blessing-Jesus made a point of saying blessed are those who hear the word of God and does it.
italo:

What does it matter that you're confused with the idea of the Rosary?

Hundreds of millions of people are confused about your own anti-Rosary idea...and they consider it scriptural.

Luke1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Luke1:42 And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Matt6:9 Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

Etc.

And the Bible also said we should hold fast to both Scripture and Church Tradition. 2Thess2:15.

And no part of scripture says "The Rosary is bad."

And billions of people also believe you don't know God.

And God has confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:12am On Dec 14, 2015
brocab:
2 Thess 2:15 "Talks about the traditions of the word of God-that was taught by the disciples, not your old pagan traditions.
Your worldly God gave you permission to pray the rosary's. Not the heavenly God.

Luke 1:42-44 "Mary receiving the Holy Spirit, later she had visited Elisabeth was also with child, said she felt her child leaping up for joy inside her womb, as Mary entered her home-Elisabeth couldn't believe her eye's that the mother of my lord should come to me.
So this scripture isn't about Mary, its all about Jesus-Mary was just the carrier. Look what happened when the birth of Jesus had arrived-3 wise men and the shepherds-weren't interested in Mary they were sent by God to see Jesus.

Lets look further into Luke 11:27-28 "As Jesus was saying these things a woman in the crown, called out saying blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you. Jesus then said: bless are those who hear the word of God and observe it.

So really-Mary didn't receive any credit here, not even a blessing-Jesus made a point of saying blessed are those who hear the word of God and does it.

Jesus never mentioned Bible.

Jesus never condemned Rosary.

God of heaven told me the Rosary is from him.

It is your worldly god that told you the Rosary is not from God.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:44am On Dec 14, 2015
italo:

Prove that I'm lying. I also think you're lying.

I have listed bible verses supporting the Rosary and Church Tradition above. Please show me a bible verse that condemns the Rosary.

Lie! Show us where the Church admits such.

1. How many Christians have you spoken to before concluding that God told only me that the Rosary is from him? Did you speak to the over 1billion catholics?

2. Did God speak to Paul, Peter, John, Matthew, Mark, Philip, Luke, Jude and Jesus about writing and compiling the Bible, Church wedding, Christian funeral etc?

If Yes, show the verses.
u are busy talkinjg trash, were can u find support for the rosary in the bible??, if u cant be honest to at least be honest to urself.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
u are busy talkinjg trash, were can u find support for the rosary in the bible??, if u cant be honest to at least be honest to urself.

I have posted verses supporting the Rosary earlier. Read my earlier posts.

You have not posted a single verse that says "the Rosary is bad."

You cannot show where the Catholic Church claims the Rosary was adopted from paganism because you're lying.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2015
italo:

I have posted verses supporting the Rosary earlier. Read my earlier posts.

You have not posted a single verse that says "the Rosary is bad."

You cannot show where the Catholic Church claims the Rosary was adopted from paganism because you're lying.

u are a lost course mr, prepare to meet ur father the devil.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Aizenosa(m): 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:

And what makes u believe u a saint and he is a devil

Truly, truly protestant are exactly like the Pharisees of old, u hear the truth and d only thing u can pick out of it is the problem with it, sincerely I believe precious time is wasted delibrating with u lot.

U see truth and term it lies,
U see salvation and term it destruction,
U see true help and term it self glorification,
U are all a bunch of false Christians am sorry to say.
And I will state dis over and over again Mary and all other saints as well as the angels in heaven wish that all may be saved, its so evident that even when Peter, James and John witnessed the little that came down from heaven along with Moses and Elijah they were stunned and couldn't talk, such tells you about the glory of God we shall share when we make heaven.

Christianity has never and would never be a race to win without ur input to others and others input to u, hence everyone is an intercessor, except u claim that God does not share His all Christ and Christ does not share His all with men who are saved.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
Aizenosa:

And what makes u believe u a saint and he is a devil

Truly, truly protestant are exactly like the Pharisees of old, u hear the truth and d only thing u can pick out of it is the problem with it, sincerely I believe precious time is wasted delibrating with u lot.

U see truth and term it lies,
U see salvation and term it destruction,
U see true help and term it self glorification,
U are all a bunch of false Christians am sorry to say.
And I will state dis over and over again Mary and all other saints as well as the angels in heaven wish that all may be saved, its so evident that even when Peter, James and John witnessed the little that came down from heaven along with Moses and Elijah they were stunned and couldn't talk, such tells you about the glory of God we shall share when we make heaven.

Christianity has never and would never be a race to win without ur input to others and others input to u, hence everyone is an intercessor, except u claim that God does not share His all Christ and Christ does not share His all with men who are saved.

Peace
my friend shut up if u have no proof for the rosary, i have no tolerance for people who defend lies. The word God stands sure and pure but man has added to the word of God and tainted the church with deciet nd curruption, many today have been decieved but are not aware of it due to the traditions of men in the church of God today. People like u and italo have refused knowledge and likely to perish in ur ignorance if u continue in ur ignorant ways the bible has giving christians every single insruction they need to live a good christian life but the devil through some so called church fathers have added to the word of God thereby bringing damnation to themselves and those who reject the commandment of God for the traditions of men like the both of u.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:

Lol.

People aren't lost just because they expose your lies.

People don't go to hell just because Emilo2stay says they'll go to hell.

Not until God makes you the gatekeeper of hell.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
my friend shut up if u have no proof for the rosary, i have no tolerance for people who defend lies. The word God stands sure and pure but man has added to the word of God and tainted the church with deciet nd curruption, many today have been decieved but are not aware of it due to the traditions of men in the church of God today. People like u and italo have refused knowledge and likely to perish in ur ignorance if u continue in ur ignorant ways the bible has giving christians every single insruction they need to live a good christian life but the devil through some so called church fathers have added to the word of God thereby bringing damnation to themselves and those who reject the commandment of God for the traditions of men like the both of u.

You don't even know that it was the same Church Fathers that you're accusing that chose some books and called them "Bible -word of God."

And you still haven't shown the verse that mentions "Bible."

...and you haven't mentioned the verse that condemns the Rosary.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
italo:

Lol.

funny how an unrepentant lier is calling me a lier, u are just trying to save face and replying for the sake of replying. I repeat if u continue in ur ignorant ways u will perish.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
italo:

You don't even know that it was the same Church Fathers that you're accusing that chose some books and called them "Bible -word of God."

And you still haven't shown the verse that mentions "Bible."

...and you haven't mentioned the verse that condemns the Rosary.
show me the verse in the bible that supports rosary simple.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
Luke1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Luke1:42 And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Matt6:9 Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
13 And lead us not into temptation,

Etc.

Now show me the verse that condemns the Rosary.

And the verse that says anything not found in the bible is from the devil.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
funny how an unrepentant lier is calling me a lier, u are just trying to save face and replying for the sake of replying. I repeat if u continue in ur ignorant ways u will perish.

You said the catholic church admitted that the Rosary was adopted from paganism.

That was a lie.

No?

...and sorry, people don't perish for exposing your lies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
italo:
Luke1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Luke1:42 And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Matt6:9 Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
13 And lead us not into temptation,

Etc.

Now show me the verse that condemns the Rosary.

And the verse that says anything not found in the bible is from the devil.
are u even a sane person how is this an evidence for the rosary. When christ taught the apostles, did he use a rosary? Why are u soo dishonest your bias towards the catholic church has blinded you, where is the rosary mentioned in our lords prayer. Did christ teach them prayers using the chaplet? What is wrong with u. Did christ tell apostles to pray to mary? An angel greeted mary was that an insruction to the christians to pray to mary? U have been deceived beyond reedemption and have refused knowledge. Sorry.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
are u even a sane person how is this an evidence for the rosary. When christ taught the apostles, did he use a rosary? Why are u soo dishonest your bias towards the catholic church has blinded you, where is the rosary mentioned in our lords prayer. Did christ teach them prayers using the chaplet? What is wrong with u. Did christ tell apostles to pray to mary? An angel greeted mary was that an insruction to the christians to pray to mary? U have been deceived beyond reedemption and have refused knowledge. Sorry.

The verses I gave you show the prayers of the Rosary are from the Bible.

If you want the word Rosary in the bible, you'll find it in the same verse you'll find "bible."

Did Christ use a bible?

Did Christ tell the apostles to write any books?

Did Christ tell anyone not to pray to Mary?

You have been deceived. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:

Bro, you don't have to fight what you don't understand.

Do you in all honesty know what the term 'Rosary' stands for?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
brocab:

The Rosary is a collection of prayers that are based on the scriptures. It is not about traditions, ALL the wordings of the Rosary are based on the holy scriptures.

Luke 1:42-44 "Mary receiving the Holy Spirit, later she had visited Elisabeth also with child, said she felt her child leaping up for joy inside her womb, Elisabeth couldn't believe her eye's that the mother of my lord [/b]should come to me.
So this scripture isn't about Mary, its all about Jesus-[b]Mary was just the carrier
. Look what happened when Jesus was born, 3 wise men and the shepherds, were sent by God to see Jesus.

Mary was just the carrier? Yes. The Carrier of _____? So, you see St. Elizabeth was glad that the just carrier carried her Lord to her household. Will I be wrong to ask God for this kind of favour? That the one who is just a carrier just carries the lord to my household?

Lets look further into Luke 11:27-28 "As Jesus was saying these things a woman in the crown, called out saying blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.
Lets look what Jesus said: bless are those who hear the word of God and observe it.
Mary didn't receive any credit here, not even a blessing-Jesus made a point of saying blessed are those who hear the word of God and does it.

She did receive credit Sir,

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. Jesus is giving you and I the opportunity to be blessed like Mary who heard the word of God and KEPT it. Jesus gave her that credit and you Mr, cannot take it away from her. And Mary said, "Behold, the handmaid of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word." This is the apex of obedience and TOTAL abandonment to the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
brocab:
Why do Catholic's bow down to Mary? Answer>they can't find God.

people fight what they don't understand. It's normal.

Mtt 11:18 "For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon!' 19"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds."

The Catholic's had devoted their life's fully to obey only the Queen of Heaven, Mother of God'
Yes, you want to know why? Follow me to John 2:5 where she tells you and I "Do whatever He tells you." Will you listen to her or not?
"Isis-Mary" an old pagan practice that can never be broken inside the minds of the Catholic Church.
If it pleased God to choose your isis-Mary and old pagan Mary to be the mother of His only begotten son, what can you do about it? Nothing.
Little do they preach about Jesus-we find through history-the un-biblical-stories' are not even close to the biblical truth about Christ.
Have you ever heard them preach Jesus at all.

The Catholic's recognize Mary as Mother,
Follow catholics to john 19:27 Then He said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" Don't blame them.
They believe, to be like Jesus, they must sit in the lab that He rested in, and they must try to please the Mother, He pleased.
The same way they trope in mass to visit the city wherein he dwelt.
They believe they must depend on Mary for spiritual nourishments, just as Jesus depended on her for 9 months while He was formed in Mary's womb.
It Jesus can so get nourishment from her, why can't you. Only Ask. (Matt 7:7).
They believe Mary received the promise "the un-fading crown of glory, because her life was perfectly resembled that of her Sons and because she shared in all His sufferings.
1 Peter 5:4 "Speaks of the crown of glory that will never fade away-they believe Mary was crowned by God Himself given her full dominion over all the Angels and the saints.
No jealousy, you too can receive the crown only if like Mary, you can hear the word and keep it.
The crown of glory will never fade away-which faithful elders retrieve. However it is clear from the rest of what Peter wrote in 1 Peter 1:7-4:13-14-5:10. that this is nothing less than any other Christian who receives.

So it shows the Catholic Church haven't recognised the scriptures, where Jesus receives God's full authority-but as it seems Mary retrieved His authority. Mary is known to the Catholic's' as the head of all the Saint's and of course the Angels?
On the contrary they recognize the scriptures very very well. All Authority has been given to Jesus, and together all the saints (You and I in the company of Mary and all the angels and saints) shall approach the throne of his grace aiding one another.
So I ask-what role does Jesus play?
The head of the Church, our lord and mediator with God.
Pray-Our "Mother" who is in heaven hollowed be your name, your kingdom come, that will be done, on earth as it is in heaven?

No, you should not. Rather follow me and pray 'our mother' lead us to your Son Jesus.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
italo:

Lol.
LOL
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
Matthew 11:19 "But wisdom is proved right by her deeds. This scripture has nothing to do with Mary.
John 2:5 "This story is about the wedding-yes I agree His mother did tell the servants working at the wedding that night to listen to Jesus. It was a one off, there is no other recorded scriptures written in the bible where she gave any other orders to anybody.

John 19:27 "Then He said to the disciple John {not all of the disciples} only John standing at the foot of the cross-behold this is your mother, mother this is your son.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given seek and you will find, knock and it will be open to you.
seek the kingdom and all things shall be added to you.

Am I reading this right-have the Catholic's changed their tune? Did you say Jesus is the head of your church your mediator between Him and God? Does this mean Mary is "not" your mediator and redeemer?
If this is the case-get rid of your idols and the rosary's, and come and join us in prayer directly to God.

Amen.
dmandy:

people fight what they don't understand. It's normal.

Mtt 11:18 "For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon!' 19"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds."

Yes, you want to know why? Follow me to John 2:5 where she tells you and I "Do whatever He tells you." Will you listen to her or not? If it pleased God to choose your isis-Mary and old pagan Mary to be the mother of His only begotten son, what can you do about it? Nothing.
Have you ever heard them preach Jesus at all.

Follow catholics to john 19:27 Then He said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" Don't blame them. The same way they trope in mass to visit the city wherein he dwelt.
It Jesus can so get nourishment from her, why can't you. Only Ask. (Matt 7:7).
No jealousy, you too can receive the crown only if like Mary, you can hear the word and keep it. On the contrary they recognize the scriptures very very well. All Authority has been given to Jesus, and together all the saints (You and I in the company of Mary and all the angels and saints) shall approach the throne of his grace aiding one another.
The head of the Church, our lord and mediator with God.

No, you should not. Rather follow me and pray 'our mother' lead us to your Son Jesus.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
You say the Rosary's are based on scriptures-given Mary all the authority to become your mediator and redeemer.
What kind of scriptures are they?
The tradition the disciples were talking about was the word of God, not man made rosary traditions.

Mary was blessed having the Child-this scripture shows us we can only receive our blessings by seeking after the word of God' and reacting on it.
Mary reacted on it-so she was blessed-and more to the fact, she bore God's child.
Mary is human like us. God had chosen Her-because she was found faithful towards Him-she isn't any different to us, we are born sinners, Jesus was the one born without sin.

God needed a Virgin, He needed someone who was innocent-when He had chosen Mary, she had given all her time over to God-it was her faith towards God that made God use her to be the right candidate, this is why she was chosen.
Did you understand that?
God had given Mary the opportunity-it was her faith' she had with God, she prayed to God, she worshipped God, she honoured God-everything she done was for God.

The Catholic's had twisted everything around-you don't Worship God-you Worship Mary, you have proven evidence in every Catholic Church that stands, Mary's name sits above every other name that is written in Heaven, you Worship her, you pray to her, you pray the Rosary's to her, you call her your Mediator and Redeemer, your Mother, she is your Queen of Heaven, Mother of God-she stands before you between Heaven and Hell, you have named her to be the second in charge {God didn't give her that authority to be second in charge-the Catholic Church did} you have named her to be the Queen of "all" the Angels and the Saints.

What doctrine is this? No-wonder us Christians can't understand why Catholic's call themselves Christians?
With proven facts you bow down to your priest, confessing to them about your sinful natures expecting they will forgive you, you believe in the power of men, before you would believe in the power of God,
Everyday the evidence just keeps on coming-massive crowds floods around the Vatican praising the Pope.

dmandy:

The Rosary is a collection of prayers that are based on the scriptures. It is not about traditions, ALL the wordings of the Rosary are based on the holy scriptures.

Mary was just the carrier? Yes. The Carrier of _____? So, you see St. Elizabeth was glad that the just carrier carried her Lord to her household. Will I be wrong to ask God for this kind of favour? That the one who is just a carrier just carries the lord to my household?

She did receive credit Sir,

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. Jesus is giving you and I the opportunity to be blessed like Mary who heard the word of God and KEPT it. Jesus gave her that credit and you Mr, cannot take it away from her. And Mary said, "Behold, the handmaid of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word." This is the apex of obedience and TOTAL abandonment to the word of God.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:22am On Dec 15, 2015
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of their womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray fro sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

The Roman Catholic Church claims that praying the rosary property venerates Mary since they claim.
Mary has by grace been exalted above all Angels and by Men, to a place second to her Son, as the most holy Mother of God, who was involved in the mystery's of Christ; she is rightly honoured by a special cult in the church.
From the earliest times, the Blessed Virgin is honoured under the title of the Mother of God, whose protection the faithful take refuge together in prayer in all their perils and needs.
Mary is also considered by Catholic's as a co-mediator and a co-redeemer.
The Roman Catholic Church states that the rosary's encompasses the gospel. Praying the rosary is also said to provide special graces and protection against various evils, including false teachings, praying the rosary's is said to provide partial removal of the punishment that we deserve for our sins, while we are here on earth.
The Roman Catholic Church also teaches that a person can also earn a complete "relief" from all stored up punishment at the time they pray the rosary, receiving the sacraments of confession, receiving the Eucharist, and offering prayers to the Pope.

So what does scriptures say?

It is important for us to ask the key question, "Does the bible ever refer to the rosary?" If it did then the rosary might be important. If it does not, then how important is the rosary?
The answer to these question are, the bible does not mention it. In fact Mary doesn't even appear after Acts 1.
The rosary is not mention in scripture because its a human invention. It's not of God, it does not provide forgiveness of our sins, relief from punishment, or certain graces, nor does it give us victory over hell.

IN FACT GOD HAS GIVEN US DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS.
italo:

You keep saying I'm disobeying God when God never said "don't pray the Rosary."

I already told you that God himself has confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him.

So the God of heaven cannot speak to me abi?

He can only speak to you?

He is in your custody? You own him?

You're God's lawmaker?

undecided
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:30am On Dec 15, 2015
Jesus mentioned the word of God, which we now have it written in the bible.
Jesus never condemned the rosary's because the rosary's came after Jesus.
His word had condemned your idols.

italo:

Jesus never mentioned Bible.

Jesus never condemned Rosary.

God of heaven told me the Rosary is from him.

It is your worldly god that told you the Rosary is not from God.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 3:15am On Dec 15, 2015
Mary the Mother of Jesus, "also" had other children no-one seems to recognize.
Luke 8:20-21 "Someone had told Him your Mother and your brothers are standing outside waiting to see you, "But He answered and said to them, "My Mother and My Brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.
Why did Jesus say this? Mary walked with God didn't she? With this remark Jesus knew His Mother had obeyed God-knowing she obeyed the old Mosaic doctrines, He also knew she wasn't familiar with His new teachings that He preached, and later it was re-written, from the Old to the New, even thou she walked with Jesus on occasions, she had started learning about the new testament, Jesus said to John behold this is your Mother-Mother this is your son, John was so loved by Jesus, He wanted John to teach His new Mother the New doctrines of Christ.
In scripture Mary's name no-longer existed after Acts 1 the last time her name was mention was on the day of pentecost, when she was in the room with the disciples.
Johns family looked after her, until she died.
So can you Catholic's tell me, what happen to Mary after Jesus had died, did she look after her sons and daughters with John, or did she continual her journey to Rome.
As Jesus said: Bless is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
Jesus mentioned the word of God, which we now have it written in the bible.
Jesus never condemned the rosary's because the rosary's came after Jesus.
His word had condemned your idols.

Jesus never mentioned "bible."

He never told anyone to write anything.

The NT/Bible came after Jesus.

God confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him.

Jesus never condemned the Rosary, so why are you condemning it?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:56am On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of their womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray fro sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

The Roman Catholic Church claims that praying the rosary property venerates Mary since they claim.
Mary has by grace been exalted above all Angels and by Men, to a place second to her Son, as the most holy Mother of God, who was involved in the mystery's of Christ; she is rightly honoured by a special cult in the church.
From the earliest times, the Blessed Virgin is honoured under the title of the Mother of God, whose protection the faithful take refuge together in prayer in all their perils and needs.
Mary is also considered by Catholic's as a co-mediator and a co-redeemer.
The Roman Catholic Church states that the rosary's encompasses the gospel. Praying the rosary is also said to provide special graces and protection against various evils, including false teachings, praying the rosary's is said to provide partial removal of the punishment that we deserve for our sins, while we are here on earth.
The Roman Catholic Church also teaches that a person can also earn a complete "relief" from all stored up punishment at the time they pray the rosary, receiving the sacraments of confession, receiving the Eucharist, and offering prayers to the Pope.

So what does scriptures say?

It is important for us to ask the key question, "Does the bible ever refer to the rosary?" If it did then the rosary might be important. If it does not, then how important is the rosary?
The answer to these question are, the bible does not mention it. In fact Mary doesn't even appear after Acts 1.
The rosary is not mention in scripture because its a human invention. It's not of God, it does not provide forgiveness of our sins, relief from punishment, or certain graces, nor does it give us victory over hell.

IN FACT GOD HAS GIVEN US DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS.

The Bible and Rosary are not mentioned in the Bible.

They were both given to us by the Catholic Church.

God confirmed to me that they're both from him.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2015
I believe you the rosary's were given to you by the Catholic Church, not God; finely you have found room in your heart to come up with the truth. Praise the Lord.
The word belongs to God, not the Catholic Church, over the centuries many have translated the Holy scriptures into a book called the bible, sending the word of God out to the open' so all man kind could understand the hidden secrets about Christ.
In their long journeys of hardship, hundreds risking their lives were murdered by the Catholic Church.
This same Church you swear by.
italo:

The Bible and Rosary are not mentioned in the Bible.

They were both given to us by the Catholic Church.

God confirmed to me that they're both from him.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2015
Why am I condemning the rosary's hmmmm lets see, Hail Mary Mother of God-because its not scriptural. And everyone knows when God speaks He talks scripture.
Be honest you heard from Uben.
italo:

Jesus never mentioned "bible."

He never told anyone to write anything.

The NT/Bible came after Jesus.

God confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him.

Jesus never condemned the Rosary, so why are you condemning it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (83) (Reply)

ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.