Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (116684 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by adsonstone: 9:32am On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

Jesus never mentioned "bible."
Proof?
Evidence?

Do you know everything Jesus ever mentioned to know the ones He didn't mention?

Or is this another wild/weird imagination/assumption from your head?

italo:

He never told anyone to write anything.
Lie!

Revelation 1:19

"Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;"

Maybe Italo was the one speaking there.

italo:
The NT/Bible came after Jesus.

The OT was before Jesus.

The NT was written after Jesus. So?

italo:

God confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him.

Why should anyone believe you?

Do you have any proof?

italo:

Jesus never condemned the Rosary, so why are you condemning it?

Jesus never condemned 'drinking petrol,' why do you condemn it?

Rather, you should show them where Jesus approved the Rosary.

NB: I'm not against your use of Rosary, this post is just to show your lies and hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
I believe you the rosary's were given to you by the Catholic Church, not God; finely you have found room in your heart to come up with the truth. Praise the Lord.
The word belongs to God, not the Catholic Church, over the centuries many have translated the Holy scriptures into a book called the bible, sending the word of God out to the open' so all man kind could understand the hidden secrets about Christ.
In their long journeys of hardship, hundreds risking their lives were murdered by the Catholic Church.
This same Church you swear by.

The Bible and Rosary are not mentioned in the Bible.

They were both given to us by the Catholic Church.

God confirmed to me that they're both from him.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
Why am I condemning the rosary's hmmmm lets see, Hail Mary Mother of God-because its not scriptural. And everyone knows when God speaks He talks scripture.
Be honest you heard from Uben.

Luke1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

So Luke is not scripture abi?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 11:14am On Dec 15, 2015
adsonstone:

Proof?
Evidence?

Do you know everything Jesus ever mentioned to know the ones He didn't mention?

Or is this another wild/weird imagination/assumption from your head?

This is what happens when you just jump into a discussion mid-way without knowing the context of what is being said.

I was replying to someone who by his statements had been implying that everything Jesus said or did must be in the Bible.

My question tacitly assumes that the reader understands that I meant that Jesus never mentioned "bible" in the bible... Just like you said "Jesus never condemned 'drinking petrol'" below.

Do you have proof of that?

Don't let your envy and hatred for me drive you to stupidity.

adsonstone:

Lie!

Revelation 1:19

"Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;"

Maybe Italo was the one speaking there.

OK. Jesus told John to write in Revelations. But he never told John to write his other books, or the other apostles to write any books. He never told anyone to compile any book and call it Bible. He never told Kumuyi to start Deeper Life...in the Bible.

adsonstone:

The OT was before Jesus.

The NT was written after Jesus. So?

This again shows what can happen when you jump into a discussion without understanding the context.

I was answering a guy who was condemning the Rosary because 'The Rosary came after Jesus' by telling him that the New Testament and the Bible as a whole (as we have it today) came after Jesus.

Don't let disdain for my name drag you so low to the level of Brocab's senselessness.

adsonstone:

Why should anyone believe you?

Do you have any proof?

1. The guy asked us to test the Spirit to know if the Rosary is good...after he had condemned the Rosary (without giving proof that the Spirit told him it was bad). He didn't ask me to provide proof...and I owe him no proof.

2. I don't care if you believe me. I offer you no proof. You too have no proof that the Rosary is not good or that God didn't confirm to me that it is good.

adsonstone:

Jesus never condemned 'drinking petrol,' why do you condemn it?

Again I was answering some who was implying that everything Jesus said/approved/disproved must be stated in the Bible. I hope you can understand this at the third attempt.

adsonstone:

Rather, you should show where Jesus approved the Rosary.

Why should I show you where Jesus approved the Rosary? Did I come to you asking you to pray the Rosary or did your fellow Protestants come on this public thread, condemning the Rosary?

Did you ever ask for proof of where Jesus approved the compilation of the bible before reading it?

Yet you claim am being hypocritical. Is it not hypocrisy to ask me to show where Jesus approved the rosary when you dont do same for the bible and the foundation of Deeper Life?

adsonstone:

NB: I'm not against your use of Rosary, this post is just to show your lies and hypocrisy.

It didn't occur to me that Jesus told John to write in Rev1:19. Does that pass for a lie?

State the hypocrisy!

You're 'not against the Rosary' but you couldn't resist the urge to attack once you saw my name.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
Matthew 11:19 "But wisdom is proved right by her deeds. This scripture has nothing to do with Mary.
No, It has nothing to do with Mary and I am not suggesting otherwise. I put that passage because I imagine the people asking St. John 'where was it written, that you should neither eat nor drink to know God, in fact you have a demon'.
brocab:
John 2:5 "This story is about the wedding-yes I agree His mother did tell the servants working at the wedding that night to listen to Jesus. It was a one off, there is no other recorded scriptures written in the bible where she gave any other orders to anybody.
Of course it has to be a one off event because it talks about Mary the same way 'all generations shall call me blessed', 'study to show thyself approved', 'obey the Lord your God' etc are all one off events. It's well.

brocab:
John 19:27 "Then He said to the disciple John {not all of the disciples} only John standing at the foot of the cross-behold this is your mother, mother this is your son.
Its okay to accept that a letter St. Paul wrote to some people in Rome was addressed to you. It okay to accept that God's commandment to people of Israel and to Adam has anything to do with a man in Nigeria but anyone that has to do with Mary is one-off. The Holy spirit does not lie bro. Luke2:35 "so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too."

brocab:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given seek and you will find, knock and it will be open to you.
seek the kingdom and all things shall be added to you. Yes, Ask.

[quote author=brocab post=41008408]Am I reading this right-have the Catholic's changed their tune? Did you say Jesus is the head of your church your mediator between Him and God? Does this mean Mary is "not" your mediator and redeemer?
If this is the case-get rid of your idols and the rosary's, and come and join us in prayer directly to God.

Amen.
Yes, you are. No catholic has ever told you Mary is his/her messiah, redeemer. Nope.... Jesus is and has ever been. He is the head of the Church and myself, Mother Mary and all the rest of the Christain faithfuls are members of that body of Christ. We only ask Mary to pray for us to her son Jesus.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
You say the Rosary's are based on scriptures-given Mary all the authority to become your mediator and redeemer.
ALL the wordings of the Holy Rosary are based on the scriptures. There is no part of the Holy Rosary where Mary is given all authority. It has always been her role to intercede for us to Jesus. (Mary does not replace Jesus any more than your pastors/priests/prophets/senior apostles and the likes does by praying for you)
brocab:
What kind of scriptures are they?
The scripture that is inspired by the Holy spirit. 2Tim 3:16
brocab:
The tradition the disciples were talking about was the word of God, not man made rosary traditions.
the Rosary is not man-made, All the prayers of the Rosary are in the Bible (Word of God) only that to you the Bible is a one-off event.
brocab:
Mary was blessed having the Child-this scripture shows us we can only receive our blessings by seeking after the word of God' and reacting on it.
Mary reacted on it-so she was blessed-and more to the fact, she bore God's child.
Mary is human like us. God had chosen Her-because[b] she was found faithful towards Him[/b]-she isn't any different to us, we are born sinners, Jesus was the one born without sin.
So like Mary, you are advised to be faithful to the word of God and call her blessed.
brocab:
God needed a Virgin, He needed someone who was innocent-when He had chosen Mary, she had given all her time over to God-it was her faith towards God that made God use her to be the right candidate, this is why she was chosen.
Did you understand that?
Yes, I do. And the Catholic church wants you and I to emulate that virtue.
brocab:
God had given Mary the opportunity-it was her faith' she had with God, she prayed to God, she worshipped God, she honoured God-everything she done was for God.
Praise the lord!!!

brocab:
The Catholic's had twisted everything around-you don't Worship God-you Worship Mary, you have proven evidence in every Catholic Church that stands, Mary's name sits above every other name that is written in Heaven, you Worship her, you pray to her, you pray the Rosary's to her, you call her your Mediator and Redeemer, your Mother, she is your Queen of Heaven, Mother of God-she stands before you between Heaven and Hell, you have named her to be the second in charge {God didn't give her that authority to be second in charge-the Catholic Church did} you have named her to be the Queen of "all" the Angels and the Saints.
I think you are the best position than God himself to tell me who I worship and who I don't. It's well.

the catholic church didn't make Mary queen, God Himself did when He chose her to be the Mother of a King above all Kings and mighty God. Is 9:6

brocab:
What doctrine is this? No-wonder us Christians can't understand why Catholic's call themselves Christians?
With proven facts you bow down to your priest, confessing to them about your sinful natures expecting they will forgive you, you believe in the power of men, before you would believe in the power of God,
Everyday the evidence just keeps on coming-massive crowds floods around the Vatican praising the Pope.
No wonder the people of Isreal did not understand why Jesus called himself 'Son of God'. If you don't understand, there are two socially acceptable options keep quite or ask questions. Don't fight what you don't understand. Remember Matt 11:18/19.
Is it a sin again to praise someone? Na God go heal all the hypocrisy of una.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of their womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray fro sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Amen.

brocab:
The Roman Catholic Church claims that praying the rosary property venerates Mary since they claim.
Mary has by grace been exalted above all Angels and by Men, to a place second to her Son, as the most holy Mother of God, who was involved in the mystery's of Christ; she is rightly honoured by a special cult in the church.
From the earliest times, the Blessed Virgin is honoured under the title of the Mother of God, whose protection the faithful take refuge together in prayer in all their perils and needs.
And the lie here is what precisely. Even St. Elizabeth thought is a great favor done to her by God for letting Mary (whom you call common) to visit her.
brocab:
Mary is also considered by Catholic's as a co-mediator and a co-redeemer.
tell me more about this one.
brocab:
The Roman Catholic Church states that the rosary's encompasses the gospel. Praying the rosary is also said to provide special graces and protection against various evils, including false teachings, praying the rosary's is said to provide partial removal of the punishment that we deserve for our sins, while we are here on earth.
The Roman Catholic Church also teaches that a person can also earn a complete "relief" from all stored up punishment at the time they pray the rosary, receiving the sacraments of confession, receiving the Eucharist, and offering prayers to the Pope.
Because the rosary is a prayer to God.
brocab:
So what does scriptures say?
...and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

brocab:
It is important for us to ask the key question, "Does the bible ever refer to the rosary?" If it did then the rosary might be important. If it does not, then how important is the rosary?
O yes the bible does refer to the rosary.
brocab:
The answer to these question are, the bible does not mention it. In fact Mary doesn't even appear after Acts 1.
the bible did not call the name 'Rosary' any more than it mentioned the word 'bible', 'rapture', 'Nigeria' etc. But the Bible said a whole lot about the Rosary as a prayer. Mary was not mentioned anywhere beyond acts 1 and as such the bible cannot be said to have talked about Mary afterall the Bible started from Acts 2 and beyond. Ntoorrr!!!
brocab:
The rosary is not mention in scripture because its a human invention. It's not of God, it does not provide forgiveness of our sins, relief from punishment, or certain graces, nor does it give us victory over hell.
Which tells me that the reverse is true because there is nothing in the Rosary is outside the bible. Can I teach you how to say the rosary?

brocab:
IN FACT GOD HAS GIVEN US DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS.
And your direction is superior... continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
dmandy:

Bro, you don't have to fight what you don't understand.

Do you in all honesty know what the term 'Rosary' stands for?
ok u who understands should feed me with evidence of the rosary prayer beads from the bible.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

The verses I gave you show the prayers of the Rosary are from the Bible.

If you want the word Rosary in the bible, you'll find it in the same verse you'll find "bible."

Did Christ use a bible?

Did Christ tell the apostles to write any books?

Did Christ tell anyone not to pray to Mary?

You have been deceived. Sorry.
u are still beating around the bush were is the rosary prayer bead mentioned in the scriptures, which apostle used prayer bead for prayer. Open ur eyes u are neckdeep into idolatry.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
ok u who understands should feed me with evidence of the rosary prayer beads from the bible.

Thanks for asking and not assuming.

The beads are for counting whereas the prayer itself is the holy rosary and has all its wording from the bible. Its a highly meditative prayer if a praying properly and one might miss the count without the beads or fingers. You see in this prayer you meditate the life and mysteries of our Lord Jesus from Birth to the Resurrection while at the same time trying to emulate the virtue of obedience as seen in the life of Mary.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
u are still beating around the bush were is the rosary prayer bead mentioned in the scriptures, which apostle used prayer bead for prayer. Open ur eyes u are neckdeep into idolatry.

No Sir,

You are missing the point. I can even say the rosary with my fingers if the beads are not available. That the apostles didn't use it does not make it idolatry. I don't remember the apostles using internet of Skype for prayers. You can call it idolatry if that makes you feel good anyways. But sir, I will rather you ask questions if you don't understand.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by adsonstone: 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

This is what happens when you just jump into a discussion mid-way without knowing the context of what is being said.

I was replying to someone who by his statements had been implying that everything Jesus said or did must be in the Bible.

My question tacitly assumes that the reader understands that I meant that Jesus never mentioned "bible" in the bible...

Before posting, I have read the op and observed your discourse with the guy (Brocab).

He did not mention or state that all Jesus said or did was in the bible, you implied that.

His argument against the rosary is simply that it has no seeming reference or recommendation from or in the scriptures/bible, rather, it seems to be against it.

italo:

OK. Jesus told John to write in Revelations. But he never told John to write his other books, or the other apostles to write any books. He never told anyone to compile any book and call it Bible. He never told Kumuyi to start Deeper Life...in the Bible.

With the bold, you have already proven my point, your claim is debunked.

You falsely claimed that Jesus "never told anyone to write anything"

That's settled, you lied and it was exposed spoke in ignorance...and it was debunked. No need for lame stories.

italo:

I don't care if you believe me. I offer you no proof. You too have no proof that the Rosary is not good or that God didn't confirm to me that it is good.

Just like you have no proof that 'drinking petrol' was not commanded by God, yet you condemn it repeatedly.

italo:

Why should I show you where Jesus approved the Rosary? Did I come to you asking you to pray the Rosary or did your fellow Protestants come on this public thread, condemning the Rosary?

Just like you said "Jesus never condemned 'drinking petrol'" below.
Do you have proof of that?

My statement is a comparison with your statement...when you said; "Jesus never condemned the Rosary, why do you condemn it?"

...and I suggested that rather than that, you should show where Jesus approved it.

There's no issue with that.

italo:

It didn't occur to me that Jesus told John to write in Rev1:19. Does that pass for a lie?

Oh, you were speaking in ignorance?

Then, what's the certainty that more of what you've said have not been in ignorance...and could be untrue?

italo:

Don't let your envy and hatred for me drive you to stupidity.

Don't let disdain for my name drag you so low to the level of Brocab's senselessness.

You're 'not against the Rosary' but you couldn't resist the urge to attack once you saw my name.

I do not hate you, neither do I envy you.
It will not just be okay for me, claiming to be a Christian, yet watch another who claims the same say untrue things to others...eg "Jesus never commanded anyone to write anything."

Besides, if you believe Brocab is senseless as you said, why can't you simply ignore? Or is the urge to talk to him just to much to resist?

NB: I'm not condemning your rosary or the use of your rosary.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
EMILO2STAY:

The same verse where "the Bible" is mentioned in the bible.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
dmandy:

No Sir,

You are missing the point. I can even say the rosary with my fingers if the beads are not available. That the apostles didn't use it does not make it idolatry. I don't remember the apostles using internet of Skype for prayers. You can call it idolatry if that makes you feel good anyways. But sir, I will rather you ask questions if you don't understand.
bla bla bla, what u do is in direct immitation of the pagans who count beads when praying th catholic church been a paganized christianity immitated a lot from ancient paganism, and the rosary bead and the hail mary prayer to the queen of heaven is just one in a thousand immitation. The bible never said christians should count beads when praying nor said we should say hail mary prayer to the queen of heaven reapetedly. Only the pagans do this.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

The same verse where "the Bible" is mentioned in the bible.
u are decieving urself, continue in your self induced ignorance.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
bla bla bla, what u do is in direct immitation of the pagans who count beads when praying th catholic church been a paganized christianity immitated a lot from ancient paganism, and the rosary bead and the hail mary prayer to the queen of heaven is just one in a thousand immitation. The bible never said christians should count beads when praying nor said we should say hail mary prayer to the queen of heaven reapetedly. Only the pagans do this.

Believe whatever makes you feel good. But for the sake of others to who seek to know the truth I respond to this thread not that I seek you to understand anyways.

But pagans pray, does it mean that its idolatry for you to pray also. Pagans I know eat, what about you? Do you eat? from which Bible did Christians learn to pray 'holy ghost fire' seven times. Light and darkness has nothing in common 2cor 6:14. If ALL the component prayers of the rosary are biblical, I wonder how it became paganism and idolatry.

Ever asked yourself that question? Stop attacking the church because you see some people do. If you seek the truth, you shall find it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
u are decieving urself, continue in your self induced ignorance.

If repeating the words of the Angel Gabriel...(Luke 1:28) and that of the Holy Spirit (luke1:43) is ignorance.

Then I want to be ignorant forever.
God bless that Holy Ignorance!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
Mary the Mother of Jesus, "also" had other children no-one seems to recognize.
Let us for once assume that is true, what does it change? Does it change the fact that She is the Mother of Jesus who is Christ, wonderful, everlasting Father, Mighty God, Prince of Peace? what exactly does it change? Does it change the fact that the holy spirit overshadowed her? Does it change the fact that her greeting alone was enough for St. Elizabeth to be filled with the holy spirit?
Luke 8:20-21 "Someone had told Him your Mother and your brothers are standing outside waiting to see you, "But He answered and said to them, "My Mother and My Brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.
Why did Jesus say this?
So that you don't continue to live in despair thinking that Mary has taking everything. You too can share in the blessings of Mary by doing what she did.
Mary walked with God didn't she?[quote] She did [quote] With this remark Jesus knew His Mother had obeyed God-knowing she obeyed the old Mosaic doctrines, He also knew she wasn't familiar with His new teachings that He preached, and later it was re-written, from the Old to the New, even thou she walked with Jesus on occasions, she had started learning about the new testament, Jesus said to John behold this is your Mother- Mother this is your son John was so loved by Jesus, He wanted John to teach His new Mother the New doctrines of Christ.
John was was so loved by Jesus that He gave him His Mother. What about Brocab? Are you so loved by Jesus? If so, receive the gift of the loving mother and do not reject. @Bold, he wanted Mary to teach John what doctrines? the old ones? undecided?
In scripture Mary's name no-longer existed after Acts 1 the last time her name was mention was on the day of pentecost, when she was in the room with the disciples.
Johns family looked after her, until she died.
I have never heard any contrary teaching in the Church since I was born. That has been the teaching of the church and you believed it even without asking your usual question 'where was it written?'
So can you Catholic's tell me, what happen to Mary after Jesus had died,
She continued to be with the apostles, praying and sharing with them.
did she look after her sons and daughters with John, or did she continual her journey to Rome.
You can tell me what happened to her 'other' sons and daughters. I am listening.
As Jesus said: Bless is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hossana in the highest!!!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

If repeating the words of the Angel Gabriel...(Luke 1:28) and that of the Holy Spirit (luke1:43) is ignorance.

lolz... Na small holy ignorance? These people eh. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
dmandy:

Believe whatever makes you feel good. But for the sake of others to who seek to know the truth I respond to this thread not that I seek you to understand anyways.

But pagans pray, does it mean that its idolatry for you to pray also. Pagans I know eat, what about you? Do you eat? from which Bible did Christians learn to pray 'holy ghost fire' seven times. Light and darkness has nothing in common 2cor 6:14. If ALL the component prayers of the rosary are biblical, I wonder how it became paganism and idolatry.

Ever asked yourself that question? Stop attacking the church because you see some people do. If you seek the truth, you shall find it.
ur logic lacks intelligence, jesus thought his disciples how to pray, did he mention the quenn of heaven?, did he mention rosary beads?. I said it is evident that this traditions were borrowed from paganism but instead of u to seek knowledge about what u practice, u ignorantly defend it using silly logic. The bible said test the spirits for many false prophets have gone out into the world. If u say the rosary prayers are biblical then show me were it is thought to christians to say the hail mary prayer repeatedly in the bible.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

no wahala fire down, wish u goodluck with ur queen of heaven.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
ur logic lacks intelligence, jesus thought his disciples how to pray, did he mention the quenn of heaven?, did he mention rosary beads?. I said it is evident that this traditions were borrowed from paganism but instead of u to seek knowledge about what u practice, u ignorantly defend it using silly logic. The bible said test the spirits for many false prophets have gone out into the world. If u say the rosary prayers are biblical then show me were it is thought to christians to say the hail mary prayer repeatedly in the bible.

My logic lacks intelligence. You have won.

I believe when Jesus taught the disciples how to pray he also taught them to shout 'holy ghost fire' 'holy ghost fire' 'die' 'die by fire' 'kill and dry'. I don't understand your problem @bold. Is it where Jesus taught Christians to say hail Mary? or where He taught them to say it repeatedly. 'What's your confusion?' I can help.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
no wahala fire down, wish u goodluck with ur queen of heaven.

You seem to have a problem with 'queen of Heaven', If the title was not there would you still condemn the one whom the holy spirit said 'all generations will call blessed?' No be her fault na say God chose her to be the Mother of a King and a mighty God. You see why she is the Queen of Heaven? Oga take your grievances to God who made it so na. If you won't call her blessed, leave those who chose to obey God and do so. To whom much is given much is expected, Mary has been given to us as Mother, Queen and Role Model.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
adsonstone:

Before posting, I have read the op and observed your discourse with the guy (Brocab).

He did not mention or state that all Jesus said or did was in the bible, you implied that.

His argument against the rosary is simply that it has no seeming reference or recommendation from or in the scriptures/bible, rather, it seems to be against it.

Bros, I know you've always been dishonest and dubious, but haba! Read this post below and claim the above again...and also claim that he wasn't implying that 'if Jesus mentioned/approved it, it would be in the bible.

brocab:
[/color]
The rosary is not mention in scripture because its a human invention. It's not of God , it does not provide forgiveness of our sins, relief from punishment, or certain graces, nor does it give us victory over hell.

Is it wrong and hypocritical for me to say 'Jesus never mentioned Bible too' to someone who said the above and also said Jesus didn't approve the Rosary?

adsonstone:

With the bold, you have already proven my point, your claim is debunked.

You falsely claimed that Jesus "never told anyone to write anything"

That's settled, you lied and it was exposed spoke in ignorance...and it was debunked. No need for lame stories.

My point isn't debunked.

Jesus never told John to write his other books, or the other apostles to write any books. He never told anyone to compile any book and call it Bible. He never told Kumuyi to start Deeper Life...in the Bible.

Here's my point: You Protestants believe that the fact that the Bible doesn't record something explicitly doesn't mean that Jesus doesn't approve it. So to claim that 'the Rosary isn't approved because it wasn't mentioned in the bible' is hypocritical. Do you agree?

adsonstone:

Just like you have no proof that 'drinking petrol' was not commanded by God, yet you condemn it repeatedly.

Anyone, including I, have the right to condemn anything I like. I have never claimed that "God didn't command it," so I don't have to prove what I didn't claim.

I really think it's fine if you stubbornly believe that God commanded your pastor to feed you petrol. I won't pester you to prove it unless you start to condemn my own practices...under the guise of having a logical discussion. I'd rather leave you to relish your obstinate stupidity in peace.

adsonstone:

My statement is a comparison with your statement...when you said; "Jesus never condemned the Rosary, why do you condemn it?"

...and I suggested that rather than that, you should show where Jesus approved it.

There's no issue with that.

Did you ever ask for proof of where Jesus approved the compilation of the bible before reading it?

Yet you claim am being hypocritical. Is it not hypocrisy to ask me to show where Jesus approved the rosary when you dont do same for the bible and the foundation of Deeper Life?

*begging for answer.

adsonstone:

Oh, you were speaking in ignorance?

Then, what's the certainty that more of what you've said have not been in ignorance...and could be untrue?

I asked if it passes for a lie. You skipped.

adsonstone:

I do not hate you, neither do I envy you.
It will not just be okay for me, claiming to be a Christian, yet watch another who claims the same say untrue things to others...eg "Jesus never commanded anyone to write anything."

Only, you suddenly go blind when the untrue things are said about Catholicism. E.g when Emilo2stay said on this same thread that the Catholic Church admitted that the Rosary was adopted from paganism...and made no attempt to prove it. That's your idea of being "Christian." I think it's hatred and envy.

adsonstone:

Besides, if you believe Brocab is senseless as you said, why can't you simply ignore? Or is the urge to talk to him just to much to resist?

To further expose his senselessness.

adsonstone:

NB: I'm not condemning your rosary or the use of your rosary.

I see you're no longer claiming to be correcting my 'lies and hypocrisy.'

It is clear that you're the one being hypocritical...asking me to provide proof of Jesus approval when you never asked/provided proof of Jesus' approval of bible or founding of Deeper Life.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by zeongeon: 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
I wonder why there is so much division amongst Christians and why people won't just let the catholic church be always judging and pointing fingers.

The truth is that the church you attended won't admit you to heaven but your life style of love for God and your neighbours.

As much as you ranting about catholics that won't stop some Catholics from making heaven..The Catholics have chose to honour the mother of Jesus.

The question is how will you claim to love Jesus but don't honour his mum but rather say all manner of things about her, if you where Jesus would you be happy with the way people who claim to love say all manner of things about your mum and disregard the idea of honouring her.

Catholics pray with the rosary and bow to Marys statue BUT why you people also pray with your pastors name for example God of so so and so, in the name of the God of so so and so, Why do you people call you pastors daddy and mummy, why do you people have pictures of your pastors, stickers and Calender's hanging in your houses, why do you people always say according to my daddy (pastor), Why do you people worship/HONOUR YOUR PASTORs BUT fail and hate to honour the mother of the man you claim to love. Even when on the cross he handed his Mother over to the Christians.

Let's focus on loving God and our neighbors and quit criticizing and judging others.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
zeongeon:
I wonder why there is so much division amongst Christians and why people won't just let the catholic church be always judging and pointing fingers.

The truth is that the church you attended won't admit you to heaven but your life style of love for God and your neighbours.

As much as you ranting about catholics that won't stop some Catholics from making heaven..The Catholics have chose to honour the mother of Jesus.

The question is how will you claim to love Jesus but don't honour his mum but rather say all manner of things about her, if you where Jesus would you be happy with the way people who claim to love say all manner of things about your mum and disregard the idea of honouring her.

Catholics pray with the rosary and bow to Marys statue BUT why you people also pray with your pastors name for example God of so so and so, in the name of the God of so so and so, Why do you people call you pastors daddy and mummy, why do you people have pictures of your pastors, stickers and Calender's hanging in your houses, why do you people always say according to my daddy (pastor), Why do you people worship/HONOUR YOUR PASTORs BUT fail and hate to honour the mother of the man you claim to love. Even when on the cross he handed his Mother over to the Christians.

Let's focus on loving God and our neighbors and quit criticizing and judging others.

The truth remains that these pastors and church founders are very cunny set of people. They very well understand that the more they attack the Catholic church and tell their gullible members that they are the only ones making heaven, the larger the members and of course the tithes. That is business strategy.

We respond to these kinds of thread not because we expect them to change, but so that Catholics will understand that this is indeed signs of end-time. People are no longer concerned about their souls but are more focused on what others do and don't. Please, be brave and stand your ground so that on that day you can like St. Paul acclaim '....I have kept the faith'.

Merry Xmas.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by adsonstone: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

Bros, I know you've always been dishonest and dubious, but haba! Read this post below and claim the above again...and also claim that he wasn't implying that 'if Jesus mentioned/approved it, it would be in the bible.

I'm dubious because I debunked your false claim?
Dishonest because I refuted a lie?

I said the guy did not mention that all Jesus said or did was in the scripture.

From his post, I can also correctly imply that he's saying that anything that has no basis in scriptures is not of God.

You can imply whatever suits you.

italo:

My point isn't debunked.

[s]Jesus never told John to write his other books, or the other apostles to write any books. He never told anyone to compile any book and call it Bible. He never told Kumuyi to start Deeper Life...in the Bible.[/s]

You have been debunked!
You claimed that Jesus never commanded anybody to write anything! Jesus debunked that in Revelation 1:19 without hesitation!

Simple! No need for irrelevant stories!

Jesus calls you a liar! Go and fight him!

italo:

Here's my point: You Protestants believe that the fact that the Bible doesn't record something explicitly doesn't mean that Jesus doesn't approve it. So to claim that 'the Rosary isn't approved because it wasn't mentioned in the bible' is hypocritical. Do you agree?

I disagree.

I believe that a teaching does not have to be explicitly recorded in the to be true or to be of God but it must have a basis in the scripture. If it doesn't, it is not of God.

italo:

Anyone, including I, have the right to condemn anything I like. I have never claimed that "God didn't command it," so I don't have to prove what I didn't claim.

I really think it's fine if you stubbornly believe that God commanded your pastor to feed you petrol. I won't pester you to prove it unless you start to condemn my own practices...under the guise of having a logical discussion. I'd rather leave you to relish your obstinate stupidity in peace.

Likewise Bokoharam, they believe they have the right to condemn and destroy whatever they do not like.

italo:

*begging for answer.
It would be unwise for me to prove what's not concerned with the subject of the discourse.

italo:

Yes, I skipped...because I know anyone can lie and claim that "it did not occur to them."

If you're honest that it did not occur to you, it is not a lie, it was a careless and ignorant speech, devoid of proof...but if it did, then it is simply a lie.

However, since I can't tell if you're honest or not...besides, I have known you to be dishonest on so many issues, so I can take it to be a lie, or an ignorant speech if it pleases me.

italo:

Only, you suddenly go blind when the untrue things are said about Catholicism. E.g when Emilo2stay said on this same thread that the Catholic Church admitted that the Rosary was adopted from paganism...and made no attempt to prove it. That's your idea of being "Christian." I think it's hatred and envy.

1. I did not observe the post that said so.

2. What's the proof that he's lying?

3. What's the truth about what he said and what's the proof?

italo:

It is clear that you're the one being hypocritical...asking me to provide proof of Jesus approval when you never asked/provided proof of Jesus' approval of bible or founding of Deeper Life.

Keep exposing him.
As I've said before, I am under no obligation to prove anything, it is outside what's being discussed.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
adsonstone:

I'm dubious because I debunked your false claim?
Dishonest because I refuted a lie?

I said the guy did not mention that all Jesus said or did was in the scripture.

From his post, I can also correctly imply that he's saying that anything that has no basis in scriptures is not of God.

You can imply whatever suits you.

You have been debunked!
You claimed that Jesus never commanded anybody to write anything! Jesus debunked that in Revelation 1:19 without hesitation!

Simple! No need for irrelevant stories!

Jesus calls you a liar! Go and fight him!

I disagree.

I believe that a teaching does not have to be explicitly recorded in the to be true or to be of God but it must have a basis in the scripture. If it doesn't, it is not of God.

Likewise Bokoharam, they believe they have the right to condemn and destroy whatever they do not like.

It would be unwise for me to prove what's not concerned with the subject of the discourse.[b]

[b]Yes, I skipped...because I know anyone can lie and claim that "it did not occur to them."

If you're honest that it did not occur to you, it is not a lie, it was a careless and ignorant speech, devoid of proof...but if it did, then it is simply a lie.

However, since I can't tell if you're honest or not...besides, I have known you to be dishonest on so many issues, so I can take it to be a lie, or an ignorant speech if it pleases me.

1. I did not observe the post that said so.

2. What's the proof that he's lying?

3. What's the truth about what he said and what's the proof?

Keep exposing him.
As I've said before, I am under no obligation to prove anything, it is outside what's being discussed.

There's only one reason you will avoid my queries under all sorts of guises...even though I answered all your initial issues.

It's the only way your dubious claims can make sense to you.

Because you know they just can't stand up to scrutiny.

You claim not to want to answer questions because they are outside the topic...but you've asked countless questions outside the topic (the Rosary).

Yet you call me liar and hypocrite. Lol
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by adsonstone: 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo:

There's only one reason you will avoid my queries under all sorts of guises...even though I answered all your initial issues.

It's the only way your dubious claims can make sense to you.

Because you know they just can't stand up to scrutiny.

You claim not to want to answer questions because they are outside the topic...but you've asked countless questions outside the topic (the Rosary).

Yet you call me liar and hypocrite. Lol

What are you saying?!

What are my dubious claims?!
Where are they?!

What relevant thing/question have you asked me that I avoided?!

All what I've said relates to the topic of the thread.
How does Kumuyi or deeperlife relate to the thread?

Seems your dishonesty is driving you to another level.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
italo, you had already stated that the bible and the rosary's were given to you by the Catholic Church.
What made you change your mind, And denying the truth?
italo:

Is it wrong and hypocritical for me to say 'Jesus never mentioned Bible too' to someone who said the above and also said Jesus didn't approve the Rosary?

My point isn't debunked.

Jesus never told John to write his other books, or the other apostles to write any books. He never told anyone to compile any book and call it Bible. He never told Kumuyi to start Deeper Life...in the Bible.

*begging for answer.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
adsonstone:

What are you saying?!

What are my dubious claims?!
Where are they?!

What relevant thing/question have you asked me that I avoided?!

All what I've said relates to the topic of the thread. How does Kumuyi or deeperlife relate to the thread?

Seems your dishonesty is driving you to another level.

The bold is a dubious claim.

Those are your claims above

Go ahead and explain how Boko Haram and Brocab's senselessness are related to the Rosary...

But when I ask if you sought/provided proof for the Bible compilation and Deeper life...

...And when I ask if it is hypocrisy (after you had falsely accused me of hypocrisy) to ask proof of Jesus' approval for the Rosary when you didn't ask/provide proof of Jesus' approval of the compilation of the bible and deeper life founding...

...it suddenly isn't related to the Rosary.

Of course, you're just dodging the questions because answering honestly will reveal your hypocrisy.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
brocab:
italo, you had already stated that the bible and the rosary's were given to you by the Catholic Church.
What made you change your mind, And denying the truth?

Where did I change my mind?

I know you have a mental deficiency but I still stand by my words that the Catholic Church gave us the Bible and the Rosary and God confirmed to me that both were from him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (83) (Reply)

ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.