Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? (18725 Views)

Which Do You Prefer Between Chicken And Turkey? / Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu for soaks, yellow for soups. Finally Seen puts garrison topic on nl fp, hmm democracy works grin
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2012
[size=16pt]I be ijebu babe. Ijebu garri all the way!![/size]
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2012
[s]how does this thread affect the current price of garri?[/s]

Ijebu garri eermm na before I dey drink am.but I prefer drinking Badagry garri.Ijebu garri dey slap me for face.yellow garri,hell no! Not for me.then Garri from Ivory Coast is Da Bomb!!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by alaoeri: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2012
Yellow garri good for eba enter any calabar kitchen & confirm while white garri is good for drinking but nevertheless Ijebu garri rules cool .
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by omenziate(m): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu garri for soaking tins with smoked or fried fish, but for eba levels, na yellow garri with one making sense uha or ukasi soup.

Much love to Garri.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by playcharles(m): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2012
both re cassava flakes grin cheesy
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by yomatty(m): 9:27am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu garri Ǧ☺☺ϑ ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ soaking,yellow garri suitable ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ eba....
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by noblegas2(m): 9:27am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu Garri all the way!

Thumbs up to #GSquad for keeping it real!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Alaafialoro(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2012
Garri ijebu soaked with omi tutu is good for the body,soul and spirit.
I don‘t eat eba,so don‘t take yellow garri.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by SlyIg(f): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2012
I love you this colour.

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by ask4double(m): 9:35am On Nov 08, 2012
babarazy: salivatin at d sight of d 2nd pic
no go find food chop. Lol
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by sauceEEP(m): 9:36am On Nov 08, 2012
wizkid,iyanya,iceprince,naeto c, make una do a rap wit garri nah. E go make sense die. I go volunteer masef to market d single here on NL.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by begwong: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2012
Breaking news: Obama orders ijebu garri be served as dessert for d next 4years in d whitehouse!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by omotola1(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2012
I long expected this thread to make FP. Thank GOD it eventually did...
I am a big fan of Ijebu garri!
The best so far in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by lekzy007(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2012
garri ijeebu with rain water perfect combination for me bt yellow garri is also perfect for eba with vegetable soup.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by fadamekus(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2012
right nw i de soak ijebu garri wit peanut nd fried fish and i de swallow yellow garri wit egusi and bitter leaf soul wen i finish i go show bak to comment
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by meritzy: 9:44am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu garri is the surest o for drinking sha,yellow for eba,bt all the same,I prefer ijebu garri
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by mapet: 9:47am On Nov 08, 2012
Both are good. I prefer Ibo Garri for Eba. Since I tried the yellow garri with Efo elegusi and "Ila Alasepo" shuuuuuuusssshhhh!!!!!! It was "Fantastic-Cocastic-and-Spritistic" cool

I'm used to Ijebu-Garri for Eba as well, but I'll never forget those bording house days, when we'll rather "soak" "Ijebu-Garium-Sulphate" and none other. Have you tried Ijebu-Garri with very cooooollllllldddd water (no sugar, no milk)
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 08, 2012
Letter from Mr. President, GPAN

To all Garri comrades,

Greetings,

I want to be brief as possible so bear with me. It can be concluded that Seun and his mods have lost the battle against our never say die Garri advocates. This is evident with the recent happenings on Nairaland.

The flood has come and gone but the damages it created still haunts us, as I was affected directly cos my house in the village was submerged by it. But most importantly the "price of garri" got the attention of Mr. President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan so if I may ask who is Seun?

We are still waiting for our apology thread and an immediate release of all banned Garri advocates, before we can come to a truce, we took a break so as to attend to other pressing issues that were caused by the flood (garri price issues) and I must confess that we have impacted positively in the lives of millions of Nigerians.

Nairaland has been experiencing slow traffic recently and this is because Seun refused to control some of his dogish mods especially sexkid, who go about banning and banning and banning Garri comrades! NOW HE HAS BEEN FORCED TO PUT AN OLD GARRI THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE so as to generate more traffic for his site!

We would not fall for his antics as we have decided to stand our ground on this issue, we demand an apolpgy thread and the immediate unbanning of all our banned comrades! Till then I rest my case.

Long live GPAN!
Long live Nairaland

Thanks and God bless.

Garri for one, Garri for all.

BBpreye
PRESIDENT!

cc: Ebamma
cc: SeunshaGARRI
cc: okijajuju
cc: Seun

4 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by nekaa(f): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu is perfect for drinkin while yellow is good for eba
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Asabaman(m): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2012
so one can now freely mention d garri word on nairaland without d fear of ban.....well garri ijebu for drinking and yellow garri for eba.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by megxo(m): 9:52am On Nov 08, 2012
all garri na garri>>>>>jst add milk n kuli kuli, den u're
GOOD TO GO! GOOD TO GO!! GOOD TO GO!!!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by vascey(m): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2012
Finally! A thread where garri rules. Hope some people will have closure now.

Personally, I don't like either. Hardly eat eba and soak once in a long while.

When I was in school though, it was ijebu garri all the way (primarily for soaking).
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 08, 2012
I am a bit of a Garri connoisseur, i grew up in Emene, a suburb of Enugu, we owned a farm and made most of our food including garri, although i do not intend to deflate the ego of all the Ijebu people here.... But the bitter truth is 'Ijebu garri is not an exclusive preserve of the Ijebu's' i remember those days whenever we made our garri, a large chunk of it would be marked out for eba and a smaller portion for snacking(as in soaking tinz after school) the one for eba after it has been ground into a fine paste at the mill would be taken to the press immediately and all the Juices taken out almost immediately by turning the steel press to the highest dial... After about twelve hours we would then go back to the mill and collect the caked bags of unfried garri, the hearth would then be superheated , and the cakes of garri sieved to remove particles and inedible cassava twigs, we would then fry the garri occasionally turning it, and adding some palm oil to it, which is what gives it its yellow lustre. Note that its the occasional stirring that allows it to lump, when the garri is dry you take it out of the frypot and air cool it before storing it in sacks.

Now for the Ijebu garri which we too out earlier, beginning at the mill, we let it rest on the ground for about two hours after it has been ground into a fine paste, this is to allow the juices penetrate the grains, thereafter its taken to the press where the pressure would be adjusted every two hours or so till the next day, this allows the garri paste to ferment... This is the most important thing for it gives the garri that wonderful tangy and bittersweet taste, and a certain milky taste.... How i love milk garri!!!! When frying it we adjust the heat very often for high heat would just spoil our efforts, we also stir like crazed people so the garri would be superfine.

I love those bygone days!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Anyi3(m): 9:56am On Nov 08, 2012
Its funny how most of the posts here are from girls. So after forming in restaurants like you don't eat much (the other day a girl enters the restaurant and orders only fried plantain) them girls would go and sip on the G commodity.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Bertbert: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2012
GARRI THREAD FINALLY ALLOWED IN NAIRALAND >>>GARRI FINALLY DECLEARED LEGAL IN NAIRALAND ... grin grin grin
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Clemzy16(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2012
Garri na Garri.. The difference na the oil mak people dey add for some. NOTE: ijebu garri gud for soaking, while Yellow garri is best for eba.[/b] Up G4! #irepteamgarri
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by A2hakane1: 10:06am On Nov 08, 2012
Gari na gari o. Abeg pass me d garri with kuli kuli
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by hurricaneChris: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2012
Chai! I remember d intensity at which my yoruba course mates wud soak ijebu garr in our archy studio..

But i still give d yellow garri upper hand sha....
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Ndoz(m): 10:11am On Nov 08, 2012
alosiby92: As an ijebu, I am biased to say the only garri i have ever had and enjoyed has been my home bred ijebu garri, however, growing up I heard something along the lines of Igbo people eating yellow garri. It was only until recently when a friend gave me some that I understood there is another type of garri~yellow garri.

So, Nairalanders: which do you prefer? yellow garri or Ijebu garri? and how do you like to eat it? cooked with egusi or soaked in water, milk, with or without peanuts?
joblessness....smh
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by EzePromoe: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2012
I know say Garri talk must reach front page. If Amaechi, Governor of Rivers state, like garri to the extent say im dey arrest garri marketers because of the high cost of garri then who be Seun? angry
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2012
Wow... Just as we negociated.... Seun has finally paid his loyalty to the garri cabal.
One garri thread on the homepage every month. grin

As for garri..... Both drinking and eba, na yellow garri º°˚!
Ijebu gaRri is too smooth for my liking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Amazing Benefits Of Dates.... / Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. / Chinese Silkie - Naturally Black Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.