Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Katsina - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (69120 Views)

Batch B 2014 Corpers Posted To Katsina State / NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) / Nysc Batch B Posted To Katsina State.lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Joe980: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
Bruv...it wasn't because of shayo level. It was stopped cuz of security issues. I was batch C and we did but next batch(B) were not allowed.
macwest:
Then things must have changed..that's strange..Maybe its cuz people drink during endurance trek and as alcohol is not so allowed like dat so maybe that's a factor..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
isarumah: Fear not, katsina is ok all the way
Confirm
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
IYA NGBALI: And their girls are always 2 legs up especially those that cover their bodies.

Yes o...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
Joe980: Bruv...it wasn't because of shayo level. It was stopped cuz of security issues. I was batch C 2010 and we did but next batch(B) were not allowed.

Ooooh,that's true..I heard people didn't go for Pop sef...that's they just collected stuff from their ZI or something like dat
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Joe980: 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2012
Yea bruv...our set did the 1st pop @ ZI 's place...We were @ transit camp(gida ncoffa g.r.a) to collect cert with shinkafa and drinks...I miss Kt walahi
macwest:

Ooooh,that's true..I heard people didn't go for Pop sef...that's they just collected stuff from their ZI or something like dat
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by aydotcome: 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
Well, i am presently working in katsina state.Permit me to say that its one of the most peaceful states in the north.Though, i haven't been to their orientation camp, but serving in katsina state is not bad.Have lots of corper friends, (past and present) who served in the state, and could shared their experience(s) of their service year.

my 1 cent advice.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
bobbyruffy: I'm currently serving in Katsina and d place is fun, cool n safe. For those dat loves alcohol, Sorry no alcohol in camp and its a sharia state. U can contact me on whatsapp for more info 08187098383.
Sent u a msg on what app

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by dozern(m): 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2012
i served in katsina in 2009 batch C. There came is very beautiful. Katsina people claims to be peaceful and hospitality, but they are very fanatical when it comes to religion. There crisis agains xtian is cold blooded. But they pretend a lot.

For ladies, bcareful of Alhajis and there money. They have rendered many gals useless.

Guys, u can identify with Fadama Hotel and officer mess close to transit camp for safe "sharks" drinks. Nothing is in katsina, as regards to industry and coy. Its only mai dabino ice cream u can get there. Hahaha.

God wil guide u guys. Am now in the east. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by warrikid(m): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
Wait ooo,so if someone is posted to these northern states and don't feel comfortable with going there,isn't there something he can do to change it(I mean the 3weeks camp).??
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nextworldnx(m): 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2012
My dearest katsina(KT), I can't help but smile even as am writting this. That state is the most peaceful state in Nigeria, Gosh, I love that state.
The camp is like a 3-star hotel with an NYSC billboard, u will love it. Its very clean, have all sockets functioning, taps all around, tiled parade ground, nice football pitch, basketball and volleyball courts. Batch C 2010/2011 set, I had the best 3 weeks of my life in that camp. If u drink and u are a sharp man then drinks will flow like water, if u wanna get laid and u re a player then girls are ever willing (I was getting BJs steady and all those handjobs and not frm one chick), but if u are a pastor- then fellowships "boku".
Outside camp na complete enjoyment - beautiful roads (the best road network I ve seen outside Abuja) I mean not one single pot-hole in the whole katsina town(hqtr)!!, Fadama tins, Mai kudi hotel tins, shekina resturant tins, shayo and ashi joints at IBB way very close to GTB, Goma guest inn tins, one of the best living faith church branch I ve set my eyes on ever(interms of design and beauty).
I stayed in Kaita LGA but visited Batagaranwa, dutsima, Mai yadua, funtua, Sandamu, DuaRa, Mashi, Niger Repulblic, etc.
God, where I no go? Wetin I no do? Is it quarels and fights wit fellow corpers? Is it d everyday partying @ kaita's corpers lodge or hanging out with our honourable house member in his charlet every other weekend? Abi na dey small church wey we dey do fellowship everyother day(Pst. Ekene and family, I miss u)

Its the mindset, everytime we go to camp to bring in new corpers, some will be crying, others will be screaming redployment but when we orientate them, they become smtin else.

Abeg make I no talk too much before my kaita guys go come enter here dey opium. I miss u all guys.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Oluabayomi1(m): 11:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
ogbeche77:
Am going from Lagos... I learnt i can get a flight to Kano, then 2 hrs journey to katsina
For sure KN to KT is even less than 2hrs coz d road is ok.
KT is lively n full of fun.
I'm not one AJUWAYA now coz i served 4 years ago
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by megadeath: 12:00am On Nov 03, 2012
Katsina is a very peaceful place. Your only problem will be boredom. One of the best places toserve in katsina is the 35 battalion army barracks there.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by megadeath: 12:09am On Nov 03, 2012
Nextworldnx: My dearest katsina(KT), I can't help but smile even as am writting this. That state is the most peaceful state in Nigeria, Gosh, I love that state.
The camp is like a 3-star hotel with an NYSC billboard, u will love it. Its very clean, have all sockets functioning, taps all around, tiled parade ground, nice football pitch, basketball and volleyball courts. Batch C 2010/2011 set, I had the best 3 weeks of my life in that camp. If u drink and u are a sharp man then drinks will flow like water, if u wanna get laid and u re a player then girls are ever willing (I was getting BJs steady and all those handjobs and not frm one chick), but if u are a pastor- then fellowships "boku".
Outside camp na complete enjoyment - beautiful roads (the best road network I ve seen outside Abuja) I mean not one single pot-hole in the whole katsina town(hqtr)!!, Fadama tins, Mai kudi hotel tins, shekina resturant tins, shayo and ashi joints at IBB way very close to GTB, Goma guest inn tins, one of the best living faith church branch I ve set my eyes on ever(interms of design and beauty).
I stayed in Kaita LGA but visited Batagaranwa, dutsima, Mai yadua, funtua, Sandamu, DuaRa, Mashi, Niger Repulblic, etc.
God, where I no go? Wetin I no do? Is it quarels and fights wit fellow corpers? Is it d everyday partying @ kaita's corpers lodge or hanging out with our honourable house member in his charlet every other weekend? Abi na dey small church wey we dey do fellowship everyother day(Pst. Ekene and family, I miss u)

Its the mindset, everytime we go to camp to bring in new corpers, some will be crying, others will be screaming redployment but when we orientate them, they become smtin else.

Abeg make I no talk too much before my kaita guys go come enter here dey opium. I miss u all guys.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by megadeath: 12:11am On Nov 03, 2012
[quote author=megadeath][/quote] I have reasons to believe dat i was your Camp Commandant.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 03, 2012
Nextworldnx: My dearest katsina(KT), I can't help but smile even as am writting this. That state is the most peaceful state in Nigeria, Gosh, I love that state.

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by leboss6(m): 1:03am On Nov 03, 2012
warrikid: Wait ooo,so if someone is posted to these northern states and don't feel comfortable with going there,isn't there something he can do to change it(I mean the 3weeks camp).??
just go. to camp with a doctors report saying u have an ailment.....God forbid.......u will be re deployed. But brace yourself for like 6 months without alawee
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by sharpshap(m): 6:28am On Nov 03, 2012
Dear nairalanders Pls if u know who Was posted to Kano pls call 07039215946
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by contra(m): 6:38am On Nov 03, 2012
Clairette:

I served in Katsina, 2008/2009. Kano to Katsina is 45mins not mor than an hour.

This must be by air, i just came to katsina by bus and i spent 2hrs...again!!!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by contra(m): 6:47am On Nov 03, 2012
stanley99: I was posted to katsina but dont really knw hw to get there frm edo state.
go to aduwawa, ismism park its 4550 to kano abouts 12hrs, get there b4 6am, then from there to katsina 2hrs, i paid 700 from there to katsina on thursday.
but if its by air, take abuja from benin airport then from abuja to katsina is about 7hrs by bus and 6hrs by car. 1550 and 2500 respectively.
safe journey.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by contra(m): 6:49am On Nov 03, 2012
omoijoba: ***Direction From Lagos to Katsina***
You can take bus from Lagos to Zaria i Kaduna and join another bus to Katsina OR you join bus from Lagos to Katsina but mostly those buses move at night.
Wishing you safe journey to Katsina...Corpers We!

its better if he goes to kano instead, from zaria is 3-4hrs to katsina. kano is just 2hrs.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by contra(m): 6:51am On Nov 03, 2012
Ramcie:

Take a bus to Lagos, then take a night bus from Lagos to Jos and from Jos take yet another bus to Katsina cheesy cheesy tongue tongue

ERROR, ERROR, ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by contra(m): 7:40am On Nov 03, 2012
Katsina is peaceful, camp experience is what u want it to be, it can be fun or otherwise, the people u'll meet there are not 'village people' but corpers like u. the camp hostels are clean if u want them to be clean...some people are naturally dirty so u must deal with that. there's the 'bush' option (shortput sad). most of the wall sockets are bad, so u should buy extension box to charge ur phone (don't bring laptop because there's no provision for wardrobe/locker, except u wan gimme to hold am for u grin grin grin), waistbags may not be allowed this time, make provision for shorts with pockets. the food is not soo tasty, mammy is a better option, standard 300/plate, if u want 'effizy' budget 1k per day (if u have plans to have a camp girlfriend make it 1,500 wink).
if u want to be posted to the city...join OBS, Band and be actively involved, i repeat actively involved. if u r xtian, join NCCF, or NACC for Catholics, they've like 5 slots...u must be actively involved.
Obey the rules and u r good to go...u don't need to know any official.

after camp, like 95% will be posted to schools. u can always change ur school if u dont like it...(there're ways).

if u want to redeploy...go general hospital (not private oh) u go see tout wey go help u dratf am just outside those hospitals...tell them to give u a terminal illness report, tuberculosis grin grin ;Dleprosy grin grin grin epilepsies grin grin grin asthma grin grin grin or HIV grin grin grin ur choice!!! back date the report to like last year or two years back...memorise the symptoms just in case they want to do interview (sometimes they don't, if the people redeploying are much). otherwise u must be married or from married (females only cheesy)

Apart from private schools where they'll pay u btw 3-10k and where the students understand english, govt schools don't understand english (like 1.1% understand english in my school , ironically, most can read and write undecided undecided). and the state govt pays 2k but banks collect 60 naira so net is 1,940. the school will provide accommodation for u with basic furnishing...bed, fan etc.

The City is lively if u have clicks or close pals...there're kool places to visit. their food is cheap, very cheap. 19,800 will be ok to spend for the month if u don't eat out everyday and if its only u spending it (u know what i mean cool cool cool). u can still save from it, if u r not a bad spender. there're other things u can do to make some change... legally...everytin na packaging.

3 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
Pls i need help as regards redeployment o, cant i redeploy based on 'compassion' by claiming aged parents or family breadwinner? Cuz i heard those ailments are always recorded into one's Nysc file.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by chriskc: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2012
Am from Anambra serving in Katsina, u can check me on facebook if u need help. chis kc okonkwo.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by contra(m): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
darefestus: Pls i need help as regards redeployment o, cant i redeploy based on 'compassion' by claiming aged parents or family breadwinner? Cuz i heard those ailments are always recorded into one's Nysc file.
The information from some people who got redeployed after camp was that they went to abuja like a week after camp and they got redeployed w/out any 'tangible' reason. if u don't get redeployed after camp, no need to worry, it's even easier that way.

NOTE: you won't need mosquito net inside camp...but u'll need it outside the camp wink wink wink.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
contra:
The information from some people who got redeployed after camp was that they went to abuja like a week after camp and they got redeployed w/out any 'tangible' reason. if u don't get redeployed after camp, no need to worry, it's even easier that way.

NOTE: you won't need mosquito net inside camp...but u'll need it outside the camp wink wink wink.
Interesting to know that Mosquitos has been eradicated inside Katsina NYSC camp
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
contra:

Thanks boss.
Fully appreciated.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
ogbeche77:
Interesting to know that Mosquitos has been eradicated inside Katsina NYSC camp
Oga mi, when u dey enter that side na?
I'll be leaving lagos on Monday night so i should be in camp by noon on tuesday by God's grace.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
darefestus:
Oga mi, when u dey enter that side na?
I'll be leaving lagos on Monday night so i should be in camp by noon on tuesday by God's grace.
Na on tuesday afternoon, by air, drop ur num
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by wengerjay(m): 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
Your best bet is dat u board a vehicle going to jabbi motorpark,Abuja frm Benin/Edo.U join a vehicle going to Katsina from the park.Best of luck!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by wengerjay(m): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
Jibia,charangi too are nt bad bc of their proximity to katsina town.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? / We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests / Nigerian Army Reacts To Officer Pouring Dirty Water On Corper In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.