Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up (17004 Views)

Should I Have Back My Gift After A Breakup Or Not? Please Help!!! / What Is The Essence Of Receiving Condom As Gift After HIV Test? / Strange,a Wife Offer Her Husband A Car Gift' After He Gave Her A Flower! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by fyneIjay(f): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2012
This question is for the guys here.
You are dating a girl and you bought a phone for her (e.g. BB, I-phone, HTC X one etc) or even a car or a diamond crusted engagement ring.
After a while, you people broke up. Would you consider taking your "expensive" gift back from her or would you leave it with her? Expecially when you found out that she is trying to leave you or even cheating on you.
matured opinions please.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by k2039: 9:07am On Nov 08, 2012
It was a gift,I will never collect a gift back,if she likes she can throw it in a trash bin,thats her choice afterall it's her's(when I gave her the gift their was transfer of ownership)

15 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by fyneIjay(f): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2012
k2039: It was a gift,I will never collect a gift back,if she likes she can throw it in a trash bin,thats her choice afterall it's her's(when I gave her their was transfer of ownership)

Okay, this is the scenerio that prompted this question. A friend of mine (a guy) bought a BB for his babe, and he said that he never intended to collect it back. But on one occasion he just asked the babe if he can use the BB for some time ( he uses andriod). The babe obliged him, but unfortunately the phone got crashed before he could return it. After some angry words from the babe, he promised to return the phone after he must have repaired.
The next day he has repaired it, but the girl has gone back to school. When the girl called to inquire about the phone, he jokingly said he has not repaired it. This cause the babe to launch into another tirade, calling the guy WICKED & SELFISH. The height of it was that the girl said "you don't know where we will meet in future and I will be the one to help you".
My friend said that because of this last statement, he wasn't going to give back the BB to the girl. but I told him he should forgive and forget and return the phone.
I want to show him this thread when next I meet him.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by fyneIjay(f): 9:28am On Nov 08, 2012
Moreover, he said he saw one of the girl's chat, telling someone that the man she loves does not love her back. The new man is not my friend, but my friend goes out of his way to make the girl happy, even when he doesn't have much.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Malubi(m): 9:28am On Nov 08, 2012
I must collect the engagement ring because i am no more engaged with her. If the papers of the car was written in her name i will let her go with it otherwise i will collect because the person whose name is writen on the car documents is the owner. Every other thing i will not collect because intimate activities can not also be withdrawn.

1 Like

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by fyneIjay(f): 9:36am On Nov 08, 2012
Malubi: I must collect the engagement ring because i am no more engaged with her. If the papers of the car was written in her name i will let her go with it otherwise i will collect because the person whose name is writen on the car documents is the owner. Every other thing i will not collect because intimate activities can not also be withdrawn.

I can understand about the engagement ring, but why will you collect the car back (whether the paper is in your name or not).
I told the guy to give her back the BB, but he said the girl said so many hurtful things to him.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by k2039: 10:27am On Nov 08, 2012
fyne_Ijay:

Okay, this is the scenerio that prompted this question. A friend of mine (a guy) bought a BB for his babe, and he said that he never intended to collect it back. But on one occasion he just asked the babe if he can use the BB for some time ( he uses andriod). The babe obliged him, but unfortunately the phone got crashed before he could return it. After some angry words from the babe, he promised to return the phone after he must have repaired.
The next day he has repaired it, but the girl has gone back to school. When the girl called to inquire about the phone, he jokingly said he has not repaired it. This cause the babe to launch into another tirade, calling the guy WICKED & SELFISH. The height of it was that the girl said "you don't know where we will meet in future and I will be the one to help you".
My friend said that because of this last statement, he wasn't going to give back the BB to the girl. but I told him he should forgive and forget and return the phone.

He should give the phone to her,it's is the girls own.
But frankly the girl was also rude.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 08, 2012
@Ijay, that girl is silly. I wouldn't give her the phone back either. What nonsense, that's quite different from asking for it.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by fyneIjay(f): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2012
fresh_dude: @Ijay, that girl is silly. I wouldn't give her the phone back either. What nonsense, that's quite different from asking for it.

I believe two wrongs don't make a right. I know the girl was wrong, but what of all the s,ex they have had together. Can she also take it back.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Ndoz(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2012
No
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by slimming: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2012
Not at all.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by redcliff: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2012
car or house, YES. but anything apart from that NO. but on second thought why would i buy a car for my girlfriend? Instead i would give her full access to the "supposed" car i bought for her without her knowledge so she doesnt have the thought its hers.

7 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by TableLeg(m): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2012
No ...
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Lordave: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2012
That would be arrant stupidity.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by blackmale1: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2012
A gift is a gift and should not be returned,only kids playing in the sand will say 'give me back my thing'

3 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2012
fyne_Ijay:

In this case, i will not give d fone back to her..

As for other related cases, it depends on why we broke up,
If she thot she fooled me and used me as a maga, i'll take back d ring/car..
But i think fones are too small for me to take back.

1 Like

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Drdaps(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2012
Only the fool of the first order will try to take it back coz it's like a coin that was threw into the sea.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2012
fyne_Ijay:

I believe two wrongs don't make a right. I know the girl was wrong, but what of all the s,ex they have had together. Can she also take it back.

U funny well well º°˚!
How can any girl think of taking s'ex back?
Oya nah.... When she take am back, d guy too will take hiz own back!
Shey na only 1 person enjoi d sex ni?
Girls of diz days, dem no get nuttin to offer for r/ship... All na Bleep-Bleep-Bleep
Except a few of them.
And OP, it seems u belong to the 'take-back-se'x' category... Or how will u ever think such?

U are a big disgrace! The type we love to Bleep.... And pay BIS for!

3 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by 234GT(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2012
In this particular case, the guy should return the phone to the girl to prove that he is bigger than the phone. He should then leave the girl for good because she cant make a good wife.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by fyneIjay(f): 11:49am On Nov 08, 2012
Imanuelle:

In this case, i will not give d fone back to her..

As for other related cases, it depends on why we broke up,
If she thot she fooled me and used me as a maga, i'll take back d ring/car..
But i think fones are too small for me to take back.

I think this was the exact same reason the guy gave. That she wanted to take him for a fool. As in Mugu. That he was thinking about her welfare while she is falling in love with another guy and also obtaining from him.
But I told him to let go, before the girl now told him that " you don't know where we will meet in the future". The guy was like WTF.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by fyneIjay(f): 11:51am On Nov 08, 2012
Imanuelle:

U funny well well º°˚!
How can any girl think of taking s'ex back?
Oya nah.... When she take am back, d guy too will take hiz own back!
Shey na only 1 person enjoi d sex ni?
Girls of diz days, dem no get nuttin to offer for r/ship... All na Bleep-Bleep-Bleep
Except a few of them.
And OP, it seems u belong to the 'take-back-se'x' category... Or how will u ever think such?

U are a big disgrace! The type we love to Bleep.... And pay BIS for!

hey, why the insult now. Pls let's keep it civil.

1 Like

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by BlackMamba2: 11:55am On Nov 08, 2012
Car or house.... VERY YES!
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by bright007(f): 11:56am On Nov 08, 2012
Collecting any gift you gave ur girl while your relationship with her lasted is an act of gross immaturity.....
Anything u gave each other freely while the relationship was sweet and running should also go with the relationship..shikena!angryangry
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Exponental(m): 11:58am On Nov 08, 2012
If she can also return d sexual satisfaction she had those times she asked for sex........ I will collect.
But, me, ASK for what I gave her? God forbid!!!!!
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2012
It doesn't make sense, gift na gift. Moreover you make a girl happy at ur own risk

1 Like

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
A friend of mine bought a lady a phone. They werent really dating but it was almost as if they were dating and so in the process she met one of our another friend.

On a certain day, my friend went to visit his friend and he met this lady there and this lady just said "hi" and carried away her face.

My friend left the place not immediately but composed himself. After the scenario he came home battered and hurt because he loved the girl and wouldnt believe she went behind him to meet a friend she met through him and to cap it all said "hi" when they saw.

You should see strategy. We called the lady to Mr biggs, packed outside and my friend went inside. Bought her meals, and was going through her phone when I called him and pretended that it was her mum calling him from the US. He strolled out, gave the sim to the guard and told the guard to drop 200 bucks for her for TP. He felt good afterwards.

Its not about maturity, or a gift being too small. Its about doing what will make you feel good at he end of the day. Making sure some wicked folks dont just treat you like crap and think they will get away with it.

What I believe is that one should not be immature completely, but justify your actions by 50% your standard and 50% ideal standard.

6 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
fyne_Ijay:

hey, why the insult now. Pls let's keep it civil.

Oya no vex... But remove that 'take back sex.x' from ur mentality sha.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by Odinaka00(m): 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
No gift is worth takn back, display some maturity by letting her go with watever yu bot her as a gift
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by jephiano: 12:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
fyne_Ijay:

Are the gifts payments or giving in exchange for s.ex? Is this some kinda prostitution or what? GOD'S WAYS ARE ALWAYS THE BEST.
Well i believe that any gift giving during a relationship should not be returned. Thus i think its best to only give gifts that u could do without irrespective of the direction the relationship takes. (and i dont think an engagement ring is a gift...the mature thing is for the lady to return it irrespective of the cost or beauty or whatever.)

2 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by fyneIjay(f): 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
T_Bademosi: A friend of mine bought a lady a phone. They werent really dating but it was almost as if they were dating and so in the process she met one of our another friend.

On a certain day, my friend went to visit his friend and he met this lady there and this lady just said "hi" and carried away her face.

My friend left the place not immediately but composed himself. After the scenario he came home battered and hurt because he loved the girl and wouldnt believe she went behind him to meet a friend she met through him and to cap it all said "hi" when they saw.

You should see strategy. We called the lady to Mr biggs, packed outside and my friend went inside. Bought her meals, and was going through her phone when I called him and pretended that it was her mum calling him from the US. He strolled out, gave the sim to the guard and told the guard to drop 200 bucks for her for TP. He felt good afterwards.

Its not about maturity, or a gift being too small. Its about doing what will make you feel good at he end of the day. Making sure some wicked folks dont just treat you like crap and think they will get away with it.

What I believe is that one should not be immature completely, but justify your actions by 50% your standard and 50% ideal standard.

Now, do think that was fair to the lady. Anyway thanks for your contribution.
This guy is just angry cos the lady keeps saying hurtful things to him anytime she inquires about the phone.
Re: Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up by oferefe(f): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
I think the girl is just being childish by being rude to the guy.I understand , it really pained her that he collected the fone from her and maybe he didnt want tot give her back. To her the fone means so much to her, thats why she insulted him that much. I will suggest the guy should play maturity and give the fone back to her since its a gift, then correct her because she's still growing, a school girl for that matter, what do you expect from her? when all her friend are pinging, and her fone is with someone,and d person is telling her d fone is bad, forget about relationship now, she will show her other side. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

B 2 / Watch 15minutes Sex Video Of Enugu SHS3 Girl Vida Leaked Online / Allow Boys To Chop You Small Or Your 'toto' Will Waste If You Die – Girl Advises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.