Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? (5525 Views)

‘how We Were Raped’ / How Can I Tell If She Has Had An Abortion Before? / He Wants His Child After Telling Me To Go For An Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
Interesting to know that this is still going on
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
I laugh at some of my esteemed fellow nlers and their comments. Do you think having an abortion would do the trick of removing the horrific r.ape event? No! You're merely sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

If you kill the child after r.ape, you're haunted by two demons: r.ape demon and murder demon. But if you keep the child, you faced with only one demon: r.ape demon.

So the choice is yours smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy: I laugh at some of my esteemed fellow nlers and their comments. Do you think having an abortion would do the trick of removing the horrific r.ape event? No! You're merely sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

If you kill the child after r.ape, you're haunted by two demons: r.ape demon and murder demon. But if you keep the child, you faced with only one demon: r.ape demon.

Well said...I just hope people would reason with us...abortion is not as easy as most people think..
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy: I laugh at some of my esteemed fellow nlers and their comments. Do you think having an abortion would do the trick of removing the horrific r.ape event? No! You're merely sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

And how about the trauma of waking up everyday and constantly reminded that the baby growing in you was put there by someone who bloated you for 9 months? The scar of waking up everyday and looking into the child's eyes and remembering the man who did that to you for the remainder of your life?
What demon is that?

3 Likes

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2012
You're simply creating a scenario where the victim views abortion as murder. What if she doesn't? Maybe she sees it as a means to get rid of the 'visual' reminder of her misfortune.
Abortion only becomes an added issue for people who have morality issues probably brought about by religion, not everyone.

It is true that getting rid of the child does not in any way change what she's been through, but it does atleast relieve her of the constant reminder. Going through therapy helps one come to terms with the problem, but sometimes staring the product of said event in the face daily or having to spend 9mths of ur life carrying a child you never wanted esp one gotten by such brutal means makes it difficult to move on.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy: Abortion is not an option unless if it needs to be done to save the life of the mother (tubal pregnancy or serious pre-eclampsia).

Taking postinor 2 within 72hrs after the r.ape incidence will prevent pregnancy and it is 97% effective if taken within 72hrs.

However if by miracle the lady is still pregnant. Then she have to either raise the baby if she's married or give up the baby for adoption if she's single and still schooling. I know it'll be a difficult decision to make but its better than murdering an innocent child

agree with you! For me abortion is not an option like I said before it depend on what my life circumstances were at the time, I would keep the baby or give to adoption!

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
uj_sizzle: You're simply creating a scenario where the victim views abortion as murder. What if she doesn't?

For your information, some people see nothing wrong with killing. Would you then allow the person to kill simply because he sees nothing wrong with killing his fellow human being.

I'm of the opinion that any woman who wants to go for an abortion should first be shown an ultrasound image of her unborn child and be made to hear its heartbeat. If she's still insistent on carrying on with the abortion, then the doctor can proceed. The blood of the innocent child is now on her hands.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
linda_1:

agree with you! For me abortion is not an option like I said before it depend on what my life circumstances were at the time, I would keep the baby or give to adoption!

Thats very human and motherly of you. However I strongly believe that if a r.aped victim seeks medical attention within 24hrs, there'll be no pregnancy in the first place smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy:

For your information, some people see nothing wrong with killing. Would you then allow the person to kill simply because he sees nothing wrong with killing his fellow human being.

I'm of the opinion that any woman who wants to go for an abortion should first be shown an ultrasound image of her unborn child and be made to hear its heartbeat. If she's still insistent on carrying on with the abortion, then the doctor can proceed. The blood of the innocent child is now on her hands.
We're talking about a totally different situation here.
Lets take for instance a pregnant woman with kids is told that having the child she's carrying could be fatal, will aborting the baby be ok considering she's thinking about the welfare of the other living children? Will you consider it murder as well? Or term it a necessary evil?

Why don't we forget personal sentiments here. We love children, we believe everyone should be given a chance to live, we believe the innocent shouldn're be punished for anothers' crime...but lets face reality- it takes profound grace and courage to keep a baby that's a product of molestation.
Saying she should be given an option of abortion for her mental health doesn't make me any less human with a heart but try putting yourself in the victims position and think like she'll think.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by IZUKWU(m): 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
Some people do love arguement. I believe that the first logical thing to be done for a rape victim is to take to a clinic where a doctor should check her out ,make sure she didn't contact any disease can even tell her to come back in the future for confirmation tests,make sure that she is not pregnant ,at this stage like 24 hrs after the rape ,removing the pregnancy is very easy and not trumatic at all. While allow it to reach the stage of abortion.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
uj_sizzle:
We're talking about a totally different situation here.
Lets take for instance a pregnant woman with kids is told that having the child she's carrying could be fatal, will aborting the baby be ok considering she's thinking about the welfare of the other living children? Will you consider it murder as well? Or term it a necessary evil?

Why don't we forget personal sentiments here. We love children, we believe everyone should be given a chance to live, we believe the innocent shouldn're be punished for anothers' crime...but lets face reality- it takes profound grace and courage to keep a baby that's a product of molestation.
Saying she should be given an option of abortion for her mental health doesn't make me any less human with a heart but try putting yourself in the victims position and think like she'll think.

You're right at the bolded. I know its not easy and we pray none of us are faced with this situation. However we need Gods grace in situations like this.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by pendo89(f): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2012
Bring it closer home to your doorstep.

If it happened to your sister, would you advice her to keep it?
What if some gangsters got your mum pregnant and she is traumatised by it,will you embrace the lil one as sibling?
Okay suppose it happened your own precious daughter. Will you see her go through depression with the evidence manifest?

I am anti-abortion but some situations? pretty difficult to handle.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
both crazyman,obino,uju and carefreewannabe are right imho...crazyman and obino are trying to save the life of the unborn baby while uju and carefree are trying to say it in the way a räped female will feel...trust me, its not easy...you wont know it feels till y'all find yourselves in the condition

am a christain who doesn't support abortion but putting myself in a räped victim's shoe, i will abort the child.its not fair but it's not easy waking up to see the product of your pain
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
pendo89: Bring it closer home to your doorstep.

If it happened to your sister, would you advice her to keep it?
What if some gangsters got your mum pregnant and she is traumatised by it,will you embrace the lil one as sibling?
Okay suppose it happened your own precious daughter. Will you see her go through depression with the evidence manifest?

I am anti-abortion but some situations? pretty difficult to handle.

God bless you sister
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
I am pro-life. I am of the belief that life starts at conception. My only exceptions are when the life of the mother is at stake, inc.est and r.ape, any situation where the woman's choice was unjustly compromised.

R.ape is a different ball game altogether. It leaves someone with battered emotions; anger, confusion and what not. Not only are you pregnant, but for a r.apist. The weight of that knowledge is too much for anybody to handle. The decision for abortion lies with the individual, she has to be able to justify the abortion to herself and not to anyone else. If she thinks she will view the child as a sore reminder of her misfortune, let her not bring the child into the world to experience hate as a punishment for what he is innocent of. If she thinks she can love the child and see him as HER baby and not the r.apist's baby, it will be easier for her to give the child life.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
ItsModella: I am pro-life. I am of the belief that life starts at conceptions. My only exceptions are when the life of the mother is at stake, inc.est and r.ape, any situation where the woman's choice was unjustly compromised.

R.ape is a different ball game altogether. It leaves someone with battered emotions; anger, confusion and what not. Not only are you pregnant, but for a r.apist. The weight of that knowledge is too much for anybody to handle. The decision for abortion lies with the individual, she has to be able to justify the abortion to herself and not to anyone else. If she thinks she will view the child as a sore reminder of her misfortune, let her not bring the child into the world to experience hate as a punishment for what he is innocent of. If she thinks she can love the child and see him as HER baby and not the r.apist's baby, it will be easier for her to give the child life.
Thank you!
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2012
In other words, you're saying its justificable to murder an innocent child (your own child) for a crime committed by his father?

In the same vein would you justify the reprisal killings of innocent women and children of ALUU community if the students had done the reprisal killings?
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy: In other words, you're saying its justificable to murder an innocent child (your own child) for a crime committed by his father?

In the same vein would you justify the reprisal killings of innocent women and children of ALUU community if the students had done it?
I am saying that it can be justified depending on the victim's emotions. An unwanted child will become an unloved child. It will be a punishment on the victim to carry the child to full term, forcing her to have a child against her will.

No, I would not and will not justify the Aluu killings because the laws exist for a reason. There was the option of taking the students to the police which the villagers foolishly ignored.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by lipsyliscious: 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy: In other words, you're saying its justificable to murder an innocent child (your own child) for a crime committed by his father?

In the same vein would you justify the reprisal killings of innocent women and children of ALUU community if the students had done the reprisal killings?
I will give u a simple reply. I was told of a story,which I can't confirm its verascity,of a woman who beat her 6yr old son 2 death. D child was d product of molestation n due 2 her parents christian belief dey insisted she keep d baby wen dey found out she was pregnant. D girl went on 2 keep d child but hated d boy n constantly meted out punishment 2 him 4 a crime his father committed 4 dose 6yrs of his life. It was in 1 of dose her inexplicable rage 4 sum little tin d boy had done dat she beat him 2 death. No need 2 complete d story. My point is d decision is up 2 d mother,if she can't bear it den abort n if she can love d child have it. Simple. Thank God 4 postinor shaa...!
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2012
ItsModella:
I am saying that it can be justified depending on the victim's emotions. An unwanted child will become an unloved child. It will be a punishment on the victim to carry the child to full term, forcing her to have a child against her will.

No, I would not and will not justify the Aluu killings because the laws exist for a reason. There was the option of taking the students to the police which the villagers foolishly ignored.

You didn't get my ALUU question. I asked would you support a reprisal attack on the villagers for lynching those 4 students. After all, that is what any emotional Uniport student would think of after hearing of the brutal killing
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
lipsyliscious: I will give u a simple reply. I was told of a story,which I can't confirm its verascity,of a woman who beat her 6yr old son 2 death. D child was d product of molestation n due 2 her parents christian belief dey insisted she keep d baby wen dey found out she was pregnant. D girl went on 2 keep d child but hated d boy n constantly meted out punishment 2 him 4 a crime his father committed 4 dose 6yrs of his life. It was in 1 of dose her inexplicable rage 4 sum little tin d boy had done dat she beat him 2 death. No need 2 complete d story. My point is d decision is up 2 d mother,if she can't bear it den abort n if she can love d child have it. Simple. Thank God 4 postinor shaa...!

Killing the baby then or killing the boy after 6 years is still the crime that was committed - MURDER
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by lipsyliscious: 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy: You didn't get my ALUU question. I asked would you support a reprisal attack on the villagers for lynching those 4 students. After all, that is what any emotional Uniport student would think of after hearing of the brutal killing
no its not justified because u will kill innocent pple in d process,bt dat does not have anytin 2 do with rape,read d story again n u will get d difference,u should look @ how d life of d child is likely 2 b led wen he is born in hate,he may b constantly reminded dat his father is/was a rapist, so stop thinking dat u're thinking of d child wen u've not looked @ how he will suffer 4 d sins of his if he's not aborted wen d mother has clearly stated she can't bear d trauma
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy: You didn't get my ALUU question. I asked would you support a reprisal attack on the villagers for lynching those 4 students. After all, that is what any emotional Uniport student would think of after hearing of the brutal killing
No, I would not support it. There were innocent folks who had no knowledge for the incident so it was unfair of the students to burn down every house in sight regardless of whether the owner was guilty or innocent. That made them equally as guilty as the Aluu indigenes. That is why there are laws overlooking these sorts of matter, it's a shame they don't work.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Flashaldrin(m): 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2012
Oh lawd!! The way crazyman and obino are carrying out this argument is doing my head in!!!
Dont call IT a child ffs!!! Stop making it sound so brutal and so dramatic. You can aswell call it the murder of a future president! for all i care it might even be a bi or tri-germinal disc without any kind of life or human form!
For those saying life starts from conception, why not proconception. That valuable sperm you are wasting, dont you consider it murder?? Yes naa, for every time you ejaculate outside a womb you are wasting 40mil spermatozoa or in your own words killing 40 million children. What could be worse than that??
If you must argue, call a spade its real name and leave the dramatics for hollywood!
A sperm is a sperm, a germinal disc is a germinal disc! both are not capable of any type of human life! A child is far different, it is independent and its growth does not have any kind of relationship with the mother. Stop calling a possible disc a child ffs!
A woman has the right to determine what grows inside her!

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2012
ItsModella:
No, I would not support it. There were innocent folks who had no knowledge of the incident so it was unfair of the students to burn down every house in sight regardless of whether the owner was guilty or innocent. That made them equally as guilty as the Aluu indigenes. That is why there are laws overlooking these sorts of matter, it's a shame they don't work.

If you don't support the wiping off the ALUU community because of their innocence (despite d fact that d existence of dat community will still be a bad reminder), in the same vein lets not support the killing of an innocent child
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy:

If you don't support the wiping off the ALUU community because of their innocence (despite d fact that d existence of dat community will still be a bad reminder), in the same vein lets not support the killing of an innocent child
I am pro-life alright but I'm not of the belief that an embryo has the same rights as a full blown human. It's so easy to say "let's not support the killing of an innocent child". What about the mother? R.ape is traumatizing and having to be reminded of it everyday can take a serious toll on the victim emotionally.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
lalaosky: both crazyman,obino,uju and carefreewannabe are right imho...crazyman and obino are trying to save the life of the unborn baby while uju and carefree are trying to say it in the way a räped female will feel...trust me, its not easy...you wont know it feels till y'all find yourselves in the condition

am a christain who doesn't support abortion but putting myself in a räped victim's shoe, i will abort the child.its not fair but it's not easy waking up to see the product of your pain
I think its high time you start reading your bible properly...God doesn't support murder...and if you claim to be a christian, you should know that encourage murder is a sin.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
I think its high time you start reading your bible properly...God doesn't support murder...and if you claim to be a christian, you should know that encourage murder is a sin.
How would you define murder?
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
I truly respect people who protect life. We need them.
However, those who say that life and children must be protected, I ask you to go and visit AT LEAST ONE ORPHANAGE and then TELL ME WHAT LIFE IS LIKE THERE?!
And if they think that these children get what they want and need and if their childhood and life is properly PROTECTED. I also ask them to adopt at least one child who was given away for adoption as there are more children without parents than parents willing to adopt a child. That way they can make sure young lives are protected. If you are an upholder of moral standards, remember that talk is cheap. Make a change and stop telling people what to do with their lives and bodies.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
Crazy Man, I am wondering what you would do if YOUR WIFE, God forbid, was r.aped and what kind of a father you would be for this child.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
ItsModella:
How would you define murder?
You don't have to tell me to define murder....I believe we both know the meaning of murder.

And abortion if you ask me, falls in that categorey...
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Things That Girls Don't Want Guys To Know / This Made Me Laugh, It Might Make You Laugh Too / Can A Girl Demand Money From Her Boyfriend She Met Three Weeks Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.