Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,028 members, 7,953,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? (30445 Views)

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams / Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? / MEND Threatens To Bomb Mosques & Assasinate Imams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by kk4kiss(m): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2012
Let us stand the truth here,The people that promote church mainly is poor people cos the rich ones only come on invitation,not to say that is not good to be a dedicated Christian but our pastors and Rev. Don't give us hope to warship in the church again cos they will frustrate u with offering and so on, Nigeria is my country where they abuse everything, nawa days not building of schools and seperate boys from men, now is private JET,our pastors and men of God has join the in buying of private jet why in some states here in nigeria many of us live in schools and primary health care center cos flood made them homeless, come to some churches today all u hear is offering as a child of God, offering as a CHELSEA fan, offering as a MANCHESTER UNITED fan,and offering as a person that is privileged to live in ABUJA.why is Salvation not emphatically preached this day, except prosperity? God said He desires that we all prosper and be in good health. How many of those church members got food to eat or shelter to lay their heads? God is watching us all because good or bad, there is a reward.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by misterhillz(m): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2012
eggheaders:

who cares what u fink.
guy,go drink omo abeg. cool
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by maasoap(m): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2012
Islam is the world's fastest growing religion even with imams having no private jets. Muslims or Imams don't build "mosque empire", we don't pay "tithe" to Imams but to the poor and the mosque. Even when you build a mosque with your money, you're not to make money from it. That was what lead an Alahji to found and fund church for business in Lagos state because there is no opportunities in Islam to dupe faithfuls in the name of worshipping. Christians need to grow some brain.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by stankezzy: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
maasoap: Islam is the world's fastest growing religion even with imams having no private jets. Muslims or Imams don't build "mosque empire", we don't pay "tithe" to Imams but to the poor and the mosque. Even when you build a mosque with your money, you're not to make money from it. That was what lead an Alahji to found and fund church for business in Lagos state because there is no opportunities in Islam to dupe faithfuls in the name of worshipping. Christians need to grow some brain.
give jet free of charge to imman,he will nt ride cos he does nt trust himself and he is afraid of plane crash.go and check howmany times oyedepos plane got fault in one of the engines,when he was told he said that they shuld nt worry cos he no who called him.e no easy to fly private jet.sinners and terrorists are afraid to even fly.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Ezeufi: 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
Imams are not stupid
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by eldoradoxx: 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
Avast: For those of us following steps of jesus,have you not heard that he was the poorest among the messanger but yet he delivered his work perfactly. But nowadays pastors are something else.
The bible says that Christ became so poor that we might be rich. The surest manifestation of true christainity is in the blessing and riches. I cannot serve a God that owns the cattle on a thousand hills and be poor! I cannot serve the God that said in the bible that he will bless me exceedingly so that I become lender to nations and be poor! I cannot serve a God that says that through me shall all generations of the earth be blessed and stil be poor! I cannot serve the God that blessed Solomon with gold, silver, diamond and all the treasures of the world and be poor! So a true child of God who has understood the mystery of riches in the bible cannot be poor. If you go to a juju priest, you see poverty, dirt and backwardness starring at you, so why shouldn't the servant of living God prove by the blessings he manifest that indeed his God his good? infact I cannot attend a church where the pastors are poor, uneducated and backward, they by their lifestyle contradict the bible , how can you serve a God genuinely and be poor? It irritates me for people to link born again as synomymus with poverty, like I said before, Christ said that he became poor in this world so that true believer cannot be anymore after him. The bible contains promises of blessings, wealth and riches more times than any other word. For a man of God to have a congregation that can bless him with aircratf means that his teachings are real, they are working in the lives of these members otherwise everybody would be too poor to donate a dime. Mind you, tithe and offerings are never compulsory

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
The imams cannot spend their money buying jets, that cannot fetch them Virgins.they promote anything that will give them Virgins. Untouched...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by salafiyy: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
they are having what is better than that, which is their belife in the oneness of their Lord and their expectations in the hereafter are better than what are in this world but the fools will never comprehed because they are blind and they are going to be....
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
Poverty is a disease
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Revsola: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
Imam simply dont need private jets in Nigeria because there is no "GOSPEL" they want to spread!Its not that they are not rich!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by muktarmtt(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
aryzgreat:

How come ibb built a mansion on earth, have u seen ibb mansion in minna? do u know how much abacha looted to swiz? dont tell me dangote is a christian. all these people are not true muslim abi?
Shut up mumu abi u get gaot brain we r talking abt iman nd postor u bring IBB nd dangotee u knw sabi read abi?
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by muktarmtt(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
Muslim iman dnt need a pvate jet e feel gud abt him self, I bet even he has bein given one he will sale it nd give d money 2 poor needy daz muslim iman
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by ismokeweed1(f): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
killuminati: O gal/boy see hypocritism! We muslim no send all these worldly stuff wey xtians dey die for! It's just as simple as dat, we don't preach about worldy tins like dem pastors do, that's una dey fall maga dey pay dem tithe while dey steady soak GARRI all day for house. We go soon send all those pastors go prison

yeah . Its 'VIRGINS IN PARADISE' that your religion preaches about. There is really Nothing worldly about that
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by WENGERNOMICS(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
warrikid: They travel long distances wit camels. #shikena
GBAGAUN......over on point worray ur comment!
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by buoye1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Allahu akbar......jettyharam!!!is nt acceptable in islam
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Bellajay1: 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
222Martins: It's all about branding. Nothing beats christianity. Name the three most popular Imam in Nigeria? I bet you can't answer that but you can definitely name the most popular pastors in Nigeria.
i wonder if u ever make fair qrades in school, not to talk of qood qrade...
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by dnas05: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
Pastors buy jets because, churches and pastorships are very bouyant businesses in nigeria, whereas islam and imams prefer eternal life.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Boladearo(m): 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
We are muslim, we care about our brothers more that ourself, xtain pastor buys private jet while d followers treck to church, they use ur so called offering for there own personal use, common wise up, am very PROUD TO BE A MUSLIM, IF U ARE TOO, COMMENT AND SHOW DIS , LOST PEOPLE THAT WE ARE D OWNER OF THE RELIGION OF TRUTH
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
eldoradoxx: The bible says that Christ became so poor that we might be rich. The surest manifestation of true christainity is in the blessing and riches. I cannot serve a God that owns the cattle on a thousand hills and be poor! I cannot serve the God that said in the bible that he will bless me exceedingly so that I become lender to nations and be poor! I cannot serve a God that says that through me shall all generations of the earth be blessed and stil be poor! I cannot serve the God that blessed Solomon with gold, silver, diamond and all the treasures of the world and be poor! So a true child of God who has understood the mystery of riches in the bible cannot be poor. If you go to a juju priest, you see poverty, dirt and backwardness starring at you, so why shouldn't the servant of living God prove by the blessings he manifest that indeed his God his good? infact I cannot attend a church where the pastors are poor, uneducated and backward, they by their lifestyle contradict the bible , how can you serve a God genuinely and be poor? It irritates me for people to link born again as synomymus with poverty, like I said before, Christ said that he became poor in this world so that true believer cannot be anymore after him. The bible contains promises of blessings, wealth and riches more times than any other word. For a man of God to have a congregation that can bless him with aircratf means that his teachings are real, they are working in the lives of these members otherwise everybody would be too poor to donate a dime. Mind you, tithe and offerings are never compulsory.

Jesus taught his followers to pray, Let Thy Kingdom Come. This world has no future, the rewards and blessings God promises are for the future. Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV): 'Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also'. It's why the Apostles focused on good deeds and preaching, not gathering wealth. Wealth is not condemned but it means nothing to God. Rich or poor, we stand equal before God. In fact, because of the haughtiness and false security some have because of having small wealth, Jesus made the remark about riches and camel and needle. Yes it is written in 2Corinthians 8:9- 'For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich'. Since Jesus was never rich on earth, but obviously lacked nothing in heaven, the riches he promised here are apparently spiritual. This also tallies with James 2:5 - 'Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith  and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?'
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Pakavy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
killuminati: O gal/boy see hypocritism! We muslim no send all these worldly stuff wey xtians dey die for! It's just as simple as dat, we don't preach about worldy tins like dem pastors do, that's una dey fall maga dey pay dem tithe while dey steady soak GARRI all day for house. We go soon send all those pastors go prison
makaho ya rasa ido yace ido na da wari! grin
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Hardeybisey(m): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
SMH for Ɣ☺u
!!!!
222Martins: It's all about branding. Nothing beats christianity. Name the three most popular Imam in Nigeria? I bet you can't answer that but you can definitely name the most popular pastors in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by tpia1: 1:21am On Nov 14, 2012
They dont have to buy jets just because christians are buying them, do they?

Dunno.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by hadbak: 1:46am On Nov 14, 2012
mister.hillz:
omo,the guy need am..if he pain una,make una buy private jet for una imam

Dats how foolish u pple are. Na una tites hin de jollyment like dat. I'm sure u didn't eat dina before going to bed dats only if u had lunch/ brkfst. Continue helping d devils while u die in object poverty when dey never had u at heart. M.U.M.U

Attack is d best defence!!! Don't face reality.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by hadbak: 1:51am On Nov 14, 2012
Pakavy: makaho ya rasa ido yace ido na da wari! grin
Borin kunya! Dats what is worring u...
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by misterhillz(m): 2:00am On Nov 14, 2012
hadbak:

Dats how foolish u pple are. Na una tites hin de jollyment like dat. I'm sure u didn't eat dina before going to bed dats only if u had lunch/ brkfst. Continue helping d devils while u die in object poverty when dey never had u at heart. M.U.M.U

Attack is d best defence!!! Don't face reality.
see this mumu wey neva baf since morning..omo,don't be deceived o.i flex pass u die and if i see ur almajiri brodas,i dey give dem small thing. english u no even sabi speak.it's not Object but Abject Poverty..Lamba that grin
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by CGKing(m): 7:11am On Nov 14, 2012
They prefer to spend monies on terrorism, intiidation, oppression and death.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Mustay(m): 7:42am On Nov 14, 2012
As usual, there 'll always be the conscious and consistent attempt to give muslims the rank of terrorists and bash people's faith - what is even more laughable is when such ignorant statements are 'gullibly' accepted as truth e.g. the 72 virgins nonsense, funding terrorism etc.

How does funding terrorism relate to Imams? Where's the logic in alluding to the Imams as poor, then taking comfort in the skewed logic that these poor people can fund expensive agendas?

The delight in bashing people's religion especially with false evidences (misrepresentation) makes you a hypocrite yourself.

Anyway, it's said that there's a clear difference between ignorance and knowledge. It's no surprise why some people would rather listen to BH as those who can validly represent muslims or Islam than to seek the answers from Islamic scholars - the orgy is masturbating to such people (permit me to use the word).

DC Trendy:
U cant expect a pastor with a busy schedule, with Diary booked almost 2 years in Advance,
This is amusing. Please don't come with the excuse that you're not catholic. If the pope, a 'busier' man flies Alitalia, then this excuse of yours is flawed. What assurance do you have that the '2 years in advance' are gonna be lived by you?

@topic Continuing from the last question, this world is all but the 'dunya' - as much as man wants wealth, in Islam, he'll be responsible for his properties and how he had been able to distribute his wealth to those who needed it in life. The impression that one must have a lot of money in this world is skewed - it adds to your responsibilities. Islam teaches contentment:

Wealth is considered an important means by which man can pave the way for the attainment of his ultimate objective. Islam refers to wealth as “good”, an object of delight and pleasure, and a support for the community. Conversely, involuntary poverty is considered as undesirable. This particular conception of wealth, however, is qualified in terms of earning, possession and disposition of wealth.

Islam discourages laziness and begging too. Using the present Nigerian context, except such a person has an airline in his normal course of his daily business, owning a private jet would be seen as irresponsible - however, it's his personal convictions (I highly doubt if the fear of the dunya will make the Imam do this), Islam places responsibilities on us as individuals and some choose to adhere while some choose to neglect - everyone shall account on the day of judgement INDIVIDUALLY. That's the more reason why Islam is different from Muslims.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by gabinogem(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2012
Muttex: Some Imams do have enof money to buy but i can bet it with you. It is against their teachings and that means they are no longer serving Almight Allah. They are to lay gud example and not to enrich themselves. One thing i against is that, i hate pple critising men of God,while not let the God judge them.
. We must learn to judge those things that Are not right. Even the bible Advocate such.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by anishe(m): 9:17am On Nov 14, 2012
Do you know that:
Warren Buffet owns the largest private jet manufacturing firm in the US.
Yet he has never flown in one because he says "everyone who says they need a private jet to make important appointments is a liar".
"They need it for their ego. Name me one of them busier than I am who owns more US corporations than I do".
"I travel constantly across the US and the world in commercial jetliners, live in the same house since the 70s, still buy $9 ties and $75 suits and still drive my 22 year old immaculately maintained Lincoln".
Buffet is one of the richest men in the largest economy on earth!
These flash lifestyles are simply ego driven!
This very true statement applies no greater to anybody more than the NIGERIAN PASTORS!
Call it whatever you want but I can surely say most of them are Luxury loving. Ego driven. Un-Jesus Christ like, self centred people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by BigBro(m): 11:12am On Nov 14, 2012
Islam is not a religion of exploitation. The Imams are fully aware of the fact that their leadership is not to exploit their followers for self enrichment.

On the contrary, churches are business ventures where unsuspected victims are exploited in the name of religion. Pastors feed fat from the offerings made by members to the extent of acquiring private jets for themselves out of sheer selfishness. They go around lavishing monies raised by truck pushers, market women, perhaps even the jobless, e.t.c. and some fools here on nairaland are busy trying to justify the unjustifiable. Why not use the money to help and assist the needy among their followers who are rampantly everywhere.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by hadbak: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2012
mister.hillz:
see this mumu wey neva baf since morning..omo,don't be deceived o.i flex pass u die and if i see ur almajiri brodas,i dey give dem small thing. english u no even sabi speak.it's not Object but Abject Poverty..Lamba that grin

Aiyaah! Frustration. U sounded pathetic realy, bliv me. Wish I could help. pls don't b deceived almajiri feed pass u, church rat. Less I forget.., How many churches u done change in for d pass few months(churches tites r geting high) u know..
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by hadbak: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2012
mister.hillz:

Aiyaah! Frustration. U sounded pathetic realy, bliv me. Wish I could help. pls don't b deceived almajiri feed pass u, church rat. Less I forget.., How many churches u done change for d pass few months(churches tites r geting high) u know..

Or betta still u fit open ur owm business centre(church) don't worry for venue I fit beg ma uncle make hin spare hin skol for u every sunday. Man must wack, u know

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dr. Muti’ah Olaide Refused Entry At Nigerian Embassy In Jeddah Because Of Veil / Do Muslims from Northern Nigeria have native names? / Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.