Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Credibilty Of The Ribadu Report! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Credibilty Of The Ribadu Report! (1220 Views)

Presidency Intensifies Efforts To Discredit Ribadu Report. / Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others / Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Credibilty Of The Ribadu Report! by bubadaniel13: 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
taharqa: Plz @take dat, for God's sake stop inputting things that arent there just cos u want to push yr viewpoint or agenda. The committee neva said that sm of the data/info they usd were inconclusive/unverified cos sm govt agencies stalld d findings, but they stated unambigiously in dat 'Disclaimer' letter that they didnt hv enough time to do their work (which is curious cos in leaking d report they gave d impression that d report was 'final', which was also frankly d DECEPTIVE word Ribadu usd when submitting d report which we now know was false). This report that isnt even saying more than we already knew: the oil industry has been inefficient, wasteful and corrupt for decades, and which made Recommendations that are mostly already in d critical PIB bill presently in d NA, has been shamelessly POLITICIZE; and it is such a shame.... By d way, talking about Agbakoba plz go to Punchonline to read an article about his views on d committee he servd in and what he thinks of its current politisatn; also in d same Punch, try reading anoda article by d ACN on how they are changing their original tone on d report and really realising that the Propaganda they initially push is failing. Anoda article yterday on The Nation also shown that d report actuali exoneratd NNPC from under-reporting crude oil sales in at least recent yrs (even though they are oda infractures in NNPC has been involvd in). I will post these 3 articles once I get a hold of my laptop..... The point really is that if we left d silly urge to politicisatn of d report and focusd on real issues like finding out what has really gone wrong with d sector for decades and trying to find a SOLUTION to it, we may hv been doing d sensible thing; we may start d Solution making by resolving to push d PIB bill tru d NA this time around
My joy is that at least committee was set up,I don't think GEJ will just deceive us just like that,all we want is change in the way things are done in the sector,and I believe when everything is touched down we will changes in the oil sector not business as usual.
Re: Credibilty Of The Ribadu Report! by patimore: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
Na wao o
Re: Credibilty Of The Ribadu Report! by takedat(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
taharqa: Plz @take dat, for God's sake stop inputting things that arent there just cos u want to push yr viewpoint or agenda. The committee neva said that sm of the data/info they usd were inconclusive/unverified cos sm govt agencies stalld d findings, but they stated unambigiously in dat 'Disclaimer' letter that they didnt hv enough time to do their work (which is curious cos in leaking d report they gave d impression that d report was 'final', which was also frankly d DECEPTIVE word Ribadu usd when submitting d report which we now know to be false). This report that is even not saying more than we already knew: the oil industry has been inefficient, wasteful and corrupt for decades, and making Recommendations which are mostly already in d critical PIB bill presently in d NA, has been shamelessly POLITICIZE; and it is such a shame that many ppl hv playd alone.... By d way, talking about Agbakoba plz go to Punchonline to read an article about his views on d committee he servd in and what he thinks of its current politisatn; also in d same Punch, try reading anoda article by d ACN on how they are changing their original tone on d report and really realising that the Propaganda they initially pushd is failing. Anoda article yterday on The Nation also showd that d report actuali exoneratd NNPC from under-reporting crude oil sales in at least recent yrs (even though they are oda infractures d NNPC has been involvd in). I will post these 3 articles once I get a hold of my laptop..... The point really is that if we left d silly urge to politicize d report and focusd on real issues like finding out what really went wrong with d sector for decades and then trying to find a SOLUTION to it, we may hv been doing d sensible thing; we may start d Solution making by resolving to push d PIB bill tru d NA this time around
I believe that the reason we are all interested is because this issue is germane to us all. I have not added anything that is not in the report or in the news. I earlier referred @frank c to pg30 or 31 of the report where the committee stated that they circularised all the stakeholders including IOC's and government officials but some refused to honour their invitation. They is no such as "Disclaimer Letter" in the report, that was an ambiguous word used by Okupe to bad mouth the report, the committee only added a clause to state that they were unable to independently verify some data given to them by stakeholders so the government was advised to Re-verify before issuing a white paper on the report. So how is the report inconclusive? Did you expect the committee to muddle up figures? Agbakoba only resonated this point that the government should re-verify and he never disagreed with any findings of the committee.
This report is generating furore because the President being unsatisfied with the report has not thought it wise for almost 10 days to recall the committee and give them more time and support this time around. The president's media consultants especially Okupe and his ambiguous qualification of the report brings suspicion.
I have told you before that the onus is on GEJ to lobby for the expeditious passage of the PIB and not us. He will be the one to claim the glory if it is passed and not the NA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria / Rivers Crisis: Amaechi And 4 Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt / Any Attempt To Come Near My 13 Year Daughter:this Is What Will Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.