Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption (10818 Views)

Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption / Dickson Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Bayelsa / Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by muktarmtt(m): 9:56am On Nov 14, 2012
megxo: start by killin Atiku, den Babangida, den Buhari, n so on...........
U stupid of d first oder even OBJ try 2 catch BUHARI 4 any Corruption act he cnt find any Buhari is d only clean presidencial candidate dat dosnt have any record of corruption so give us a break dude

2 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by slimghost(m): 9:57am On Nov 14, 2012
In as much as i abhor violence, i support this. Thats the only way to deal with corruption in Nigeria because our leaders and politicians are all heart hardened looters.

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by gunuvi(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2012
Good call but the law should operate in arrears. Starting from 1960.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by kruku: 10:00am On Nov 14, 2012
shocked
YES!!!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2012
Death Penalty is barbaric and is an easy way out for a corrupt politician, I propose 50 Yrs in Kirikiri Prison
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by dilbert100: 10:03am On Nov 14, 2012
aren't most of them corrupt?
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by kruku: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Death Penalty is barbaric and is an easy way out for a corrupt politician, I propose 50 Yrs in Kirikiri Prison
Is there still kirikiri prison in Nigeria ? Have you not head of prisoners impreganating thier wives while seving prison terms? My Guy, we better go barbaric if it will bring sanity!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by cowgurl: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2012
Too much talk and no action wears me out.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 14, 2012
Yeah right! The only people who will benefit are the lawyers who will get adjournments and appeals for their clients while the populace continue in teeth gnashing and frustration to see justice served.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by mmmustapha(m): 10:19am On Nov 14, 2012
Obj,Gej,anene,fashola,bankole,iweala,madueke,igbo kidnappers n oil bunkers, sam sam jaja co will be hang
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 14, 2012
kruku:
Is there still kirikiri prison in Nigeria ? Have you not head of prisoners impreganating thier wives while seving prison terms? My Guy, we better go barbaric if it will bring sanity!
The bolded got me perplexed!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by owobokiri(m): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2012
Ahmed Mohammed> Ok. I am tired of corruption. Lets fight it with the death penalty. Buhari and Ribadu should head the commiitte and fight this cancer to a standstill....

Okoro Okonkwo> I am all for that. Una don finally tire? Lets fight corruption. It is the only way forward. How about Akunyili and Ezekwesili in that comiitte. Woe to looters!

Olusegun Oluwole< Ehmmm, order..., i say order plsssss. Listen people..Some problems demand caution and tact. You dont just start a fight. You have to plan and organize very well. Then match in the streets and voice your concern. Diplomacy is the way. Even if it takes a thousand years, the important thing is that the polity is not over heated. Lets approach these things diplomatically. Its a problem but we need to be careful. If you chop i chop is all it takes to keep this great country together,then we have to think deeply on how we move forward.

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Elueme: 10:25am On Nov 14, 2012
Interesting gist...
But is this just another show yourself or they mean it?
Well, me I dey watch..
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by cashmentor(m): 10:27am On Nov 14, 2012
musKeeto:

Be healed of your infirmities..
be healed from Yaba Left!
I Feel and weep for most Northerners whenever i think about the way they're been sent to their early graves either with Okada's, Bombs, BokoHaram etc...these guys are Suffering! Yet their Governor are Cruising Jets.... I'm not saying the Southern Govs aren't Corrupt, but anyone wise enough can atleast see how LITTLE they (Southern Governors) have tried to improve the lives of their people, by Creating infrastructures and opening room for people to Create Jobs rather than enslaving their people with all kinds of funny scheme! I don't have anything against the North, but my point is, the Arewa, with all its Thieves of Bagdad shouldn't be the Group saying this.... All the Northern Governors Deserve to Die for All the Suffering they've Caused on their People!

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by ubong560(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2012
D yeye Govnor dat was cutting cake in his private jet shld b used as an example den odas can follow.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by taharqa: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2012
Let them 1st remind Mariam Murktar (the Chief Judge of Nigeria) who is a fine Northerner herself, to appoint the Special Judges on Corruption Cases as she promisd more than 4 months ago. Even if they get this law pass, cases wud still continue to spend eternity in d courts and not much wud be done..... 1st tins 1st: appoint Special Judges for Corruptn cases, and others can follow. It is simply d most critical tin that can happen in d fight against corruptn in Nigeria today, and it is the simplest tin we can get if sm of us just keep reminding d CJN to fulfill her promise
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by asala1: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2012
kruku:

Prisoners are allowed to sleep with their wives once a while.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by otondo55: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2012
why do northern folks so much in love with KILLING and DEATH

.....because they hands are filled with blood.

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by megxo(m): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2012
musKeeto:

[ quoBe healed of your infirmities..
be killed 4 yur hypocrisy

angry
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2012
yes it should be so.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by treasureboy09(m): 11:04am On Nov 14, 2012
hmm
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by ABJay1: 11:12am On Nov 14, 2012
If only it could be enforced...the challenge is not in the laws themselves but in the enforcement...the laws are just fine.
And not just corruption, Terrorism too should carry capital punishment. angry
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Shenez: 11:13am On Nov 14, 2012
He-Goat all Yoruba are corrupt abi?
CHESIBOARD:

This is the reason YORUBAs are the worst snakes in Nigeria. Its not just Ekt_bear, A guy in my office said he doesnt care if a Politician steals as fa as he is a YORUBA man. This Ethnic is actually the mentor and perpetrator of corruption in Nigeria. Spit on you ppl SMH
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by VonNestor: 11:17am On Nov 14, 2012
......and Capital punishment for Terrorism is AMNESTY!!! LOL
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by honeric01(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Death Penalty is barbaric and is an easy way out for a corrupt politician, I propose 50 Yrs in Kirikiri Prison

Will you feed them for 50yrs?
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by AtheistD(m): 11:45am On Nov 14, 2012
tbaba1234: They still have to get convicted, don't they?

As long as we can not convict public officials for corruption. This would just be another law for the law students only...

Wouldnt the judiciary and courts also be accountable? If a few judges were found guilty of corruption that might shake things up a little.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by friedrice1: 11:47am On Nov 14, 2012
HNosegbe: Death penalty for corruption... Nah, not the answer. Those northerners forgot to tell us that China is still a massively corrupt and unequal nation despite executing over 2,000 people last year.

What we need is to institute preventive measures and build strong institutions. How strong are our institutions? Have we created the enabling environment for genuine enterprise to thrive? Have we stopped the archaic practice of sharing "oyel" money every month? Have we begun to work on our value system and our mindsets as Nigerians? Have we begun to emphasise creativity over indolence and merit over nepotism? Have we begun to work on creating a culture that will make it possible for smart, intelligent, creative and honest people to thrive?

Until we begin to deal with societal problems from the source (rather than looking for quick fixes), we ain't going nowhere.
My brother, who would build the strong institution? Jonathan?
you should be aware by now that majority of Nigerians don't want Change.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by megxo(m): 11:54am On Nov 14, 2012
honeric01:

Will you feed them for 50yrs?
gud question
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by hubreality(m): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

This is the reason YORUBAs are the worst snakes in Nigeria. Its not just Ekt_bear, A guy in my office said he doesnt care if a Politician steals as fa as he is a YORUBA man. This Ethnic is actually the mentor and perpetrator of corruption in Nigeria. Spit on you ppl SMH
Ethnicity and Religion are worst problems breeding the clamored corruption in Nigeria
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 14, 2012
ekt_bear: At the federal level, sure.

But at the state level, this should be left to the people of each state to decide.

Btw, since almost everyone in nigerian politics is corrupt...if not done properly this can be used selectively to have enemies executed
At times you talk as if you don't have the slightest clue how Government is run. You do realize that Nigeria, as a Federal entity, has both State and Federal laws, right? So, of course, any constitutional amendment proscribing death as a penalty for Governmental corruption will apply only to Federal Government Officials. States deciding to carry out such sentences for similar violations within their jurisdictions will not be violating Federal laws.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 14, 2012
The northern region has benefited so much from corruption that if this law becomes a reality, all the northern elites will be wiped out.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 14, 2012
Super1759: why are northern folks so much in love with KILLING and DEATH
They are so ignorant and think such barbaric practice carried out in places like Saudi Arabia, China, etc will be the solution. They can't just figure out other ways of finding solutions to problems. It sure proves these people are still far from being civilized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Lied About My Release – Kattey / Longing For A 'strong Man' In Nigeria / 593 Delegates Endorsed Olawepo Hashim As ANN Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.