Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection (21137 Views)

Catholism- Focus On Mortification And Penance / Catholism- Focus On Relics / 5 Reasons Why Catholism Is Not Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
chukwudi44: I initially wanted to ignore this thread but for the fact that I wanted to make some things clear

@op

It is obvious you are not a catholic or even if you were you were completely ignorant of the church's doctrines.

You cannot even correctly define papal infallibility as what you wrote here is completely thrash.kindly gooogle or better still go the wikipedia to get the correct definition of papal infallibility.

You are completely ignorant of the meaning and processes involved in proclaimation of saints.most of what you wrote here are completely baseless and obviously the work of a fundamentalist christian
Mr man you didnt raise any arguement. Since I don't know better.
Let me put us to work. What is papal infallibility?
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
Rich4god: See them... See them... They don come back again. See person wey no Know catholic doctrine dey claim say him be catholic.
Oga, wetin you dey yan?
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2012
Anyigala:
No need to do that, as a Catholic, its quite shocking and disturbing that you have no clue what the Church you claim to belong to believe and teaches. I suggest that you should visit the websites posted earlier for your answers.
Somehow I feel like a mental giant here.
Okay, see what we are going to do. You post answers from the websites. And watch me tackle them.
N.B. My aim is not to bash, but to learn and if possible, practise.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Anyigala(m): 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
Reyginus: I want to you to be the site I need. Just like micheal gave God a reason to believe in man again in the movie Legion, I want you to the same. I've read more than a thousand articles on the catholic faith and our philosophy. What's making you think this one is my eureka?

Well, it apparent you are not seeking answers but just an avenue to rant your anti-Catholic views or someone to argue with you. I am sorry to disappoint you my friend but i will not engage with you. If you scan through nairaland you will immediately realise that Mr Frosbel have beaten you to that. At least he is honest about his dislike of what he thinks Catholics believe in.

I am sure you have read all the Catholic books and the Bible 100 times, however, reading what you have already posted about Catholic church tells me that all you have read are few anti-Catholic books and a lot of YouTube watching.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Anyigala(m): 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
Anyigala:

Well, it apparent you are not seeking answers but just an avenue to rant your anti-Catholic views or someone to argue with. I am sorry to disappoint you my friend but i will not engage with you. If you scan through nairaland you will immediately realise that Mr Frosbel have beaten you to that. At least he is honest about his dislike of what he thinks Catholics believe in.

I am sure you have read all the Catholic books and the Bible 100 times, however, reading what you have already posted about Catholic church tells me that all you have read are few anti-Catholic books and a lot of YouTube watching.

Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Anyigala:

Well, it apparent you are not seeking answers but just an avenue to rant your anti-Catholic views or someone to argue with you. I am sorry to disappoint you my friend but i will not engage with you. If you scan through nairaland you will immediately realise that Mr Frosbel have beaten you to that. At least he is honest about his dislike of what he thinks Catholics believe in.

Dude, don't be deliberately unintelligent.
You are meant to give me reasons why I should drop my notion of our church. Is this how you make a soul stronger? This church is not perfect, but instead of trying to be, we are working towards imperfection.
If you have nothing reasonable to present, please check the next thread.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Reyginus: You are welcome.
Here we go.
The rational block from which every other thesis take root in christainity is the bible. Paul's case is different in that, he was writing the basic truth from which every other truth in the practise of christainity must spring from.
Did I say catholics dont read the bible?
In the language area, you seem not to get it. Let's say a service is to be held in a yoruba populated area. The preacher steps in, and begins to flow in igbo language, even though he is fluent in yoruba. Does that make sense to you?
On statues.
You know something, that you say you don't believe in a thing or a thing is not true, does not make it so.
The question is, why would you bow to an image?
And what made you think I can't change anything?

You simply can't change anything. It's a billion strong organisation centred in the Vatican with deep-rooted traditions and it's not a democracy. Like I said, if you haven't moved on already, I don't know what you're waiting for. And we would agree to disagree about the role of the bible in christianity. A rational person can expose several areas where this human contraption (which some people act like it was hurled down from heaven to us like the ten commandments from God himself) strings itself up in contradictions and loses credibility. As to the language, you've still not demonstrated why it's wrong to sing, pray or worship in Latin (once the most spoken language in Western civilization and still taught around the world in curriculums) - afterall, English isn't our mother tongue either. Your initial quote from the Bible against this practise was highly misleading as the passage was clearly referring to the pervasive act of speaking in unknown tongues under spirit-driven hysteria. As an Igbo man, if I'm in a Yoruba service where I know the Yoruba songs, I can enjoy the service as far as the priest or pastor's preaching is in English. You don't have much of an argument on the language front even if you did in other areas.

And as I said about images, if someone tells you they're not worshipping the image, then by definition, they aren't. It makes no sense to worship in spirit, what you don't accept you worship. They attach a level of symbolism to the images and would support it by allusions to the temple in the Old Testament. Whether that is right and scriptural is questionable but it certainly can't be defined technically as worship.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
As an Igbo man, if I'm in a Yoruba service where I know the Yoruba songs, I can enjoy the service as far as the priest or pastor's preaching is in English.
Let me take it one at a time.
This quote in a way agrees with what I'm saying. For the service to be meaningful, the brethrens must follow. If I don't understand, not just me, the majority, the language of service how do I appreciate it?
Let's say I journeyed to igboland on a mission. I speak igbo, hausa and english as the central language. The indigenes of my place of mission understand perfectly the igbo language, some as well as english, and a few who have lived among the hausas. When I step to the podium to minister, instead of using igbo(their 1st language) for the service or English(the central language), I resort to hausa. Is it sensible to communicate with the least of ways in which you'd be understood?

1 Like

Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Obi1kenobi: i am agnostic but an ex - practising Catholic.

This is simply for the fact the Catholic church may see the bible as a foundational guide for the faith but not the sole building block of it and I find this view rational. It's somewhat naive to consider a human contraption like the bible the sole christian guide. It's all about faith because if you believe some of the ramblings from Paul or Peter (who were recorded to even be at loggerheads with each other), there's no logical reason you couldn't do the same for a Papal declaration seeing as they often claim them to be divinely inspired too. This is how church traditions like those concerning Mary's intercessory role came about. Faith, and not the Bible, is the foundation of christian belief.

^^^
still the same lies that the RCC taught you and turning people to atheist/agnostic

the NT is a writing by christ apostles and not a product of RCC.

The apostles wrote letters and taught the christians what and how to follow in their service to God/faith and this books had there names, and the early 1century congregation knew the writers that sent them the books

See some sample of the apostles letters by their own mouth in the bible

peter:

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;" (2 Peter 3:15).

"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness." (2 Peter 3:16-17).
(note: his epistle)

Paul:
2. "The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write." (2 Thessalonians 3:17).

(note: every epistle)

3. "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." (2 Thessalonians 2:15).
(note: our epistle)

4. "And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments." (2 Timothy 4:12-13).

5. "Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction." (2 Corinthians 13:10).

6. "I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:" (1 Corinthians 5:9).

7. "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat." (1 Corinthians 5:11).
(note: I have written unto you)

8. "Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not." (Galatians 1:20).
( I write unto you,)

9. "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)" (Ephesians 3:3-4).

(note: as I wrote afore in few words,)

Congregations to exchange letters :

10. "And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea." (Colossians 4:16).

This are just few letters from the apostles not to talk of revelation and others that they the apostles wrote.

^^^
compare that with what the catholics church has taught you and you come to believe to become an agnostics.

Therein lies the danger of the satanic act of saying that the NT is a product of the roman catholic church.

Satan is very wise and smart indeed.

1 Like

Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
Anyigala:
Keep them coming Mr, I think you have a total of 44 of them.
I strongly doubt if you are a Catholic Christian as you claimed. For if you are, you should know that all you have written so far are groundless. All these claims have been written and recycled over and over. I must responded to them on nairaland more than once. Since you claim to be Catholic, why don't you read "Catholicism and fundamentalism" by Karl Keaten or "Why Catholics are right" by Michael Coren. They have answer to all your questions and will even explain to you the origin of the book you are getting all the stuff you are writing here from. You May also want read "Rome Sweet Rome" by Scot Hahn, "Crossing the Tiber" by Steve Ray and "upon this rock" also by Steve Ray. These two men are just two of many and highly intelligent Protestant/anti catholic priests who asked all these question and in search of truth couldn't ignore and mock Catholic Church's claim and one by one eventually come back home.
I don't have time to start debating your lists one by one, the time it took you to find these spurious allegations on the net or read the anti catholic books you copied them from, you could easily have found the answers on hundreds of Catholic blogs and websites if you are genuinely seeking answers.

and those your quotation is from which bible?

See them?

They dont based anything from the bible but rather philosophy of men and tradition.

When they want to claim, that is when you see them quote: " on this rock i will build my church" = peter, lies !

Christianity indeed!
*sigh*
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
Anyigala:
No need to do that, as a Catholic, its quite shocking and disturbing that you have no clue what the Church you claim to belong to believe and teaches. I suggest that you should visit the websites posted earlier for your answers.

why no need?

Are you afraid that he will set a lot of people free?

Are you not tired of making atheist out of people that should have been a servant of God and end up saying that it is God that did not "destined them" to be saved?

Is it today that he became a catholic?
I have debated with him many times in this forum.

But it is today that you are sending him links to read, what have the church been feeding him all this while?

What if he had kept quite and became an atheist or an agnostic like others.

What have you guys done to help logic boy, calloti, and musqitto to mention but a few?

You and co are a disgrace to God and man.

1 Like

Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
Reyginus: Let me take it one at a time.
This quote in a way agrees with what I'm saying. For the service to be meaningful, the brethrens must follow. If I don't understand, not just me, the majority, the language of service how do I appreciate it?
Let's say I journeyed to igboland on a mission. I speak igbo, hausa and english as the central language. The indigenes of my place of mission understand perfectly the igbo language, some as well as english, and a few who have lived among the hausas. When I step to the podium to minister, instead of using igbo(their 1st language) for the service or English(the central language), I resort to hausa. Is it sensible to communicate with the least of ways in which you'd be understood?
That's a poor analogy. For starters, the readings, hymns and homily in those Latin services are in English so most of the service is already in English. The Latin prayers said all have their English equivalent, so again, the congregation understand what's being said even if they can't speak Latin. I certainly understood all the Latin prayers being said.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
truthislight:

^^^
still the same lies that the RCC taught you and turning people to atheist/agnostic7

the NT is a writing by christ apostles and not a product of RCC.

The apostles wrote letters and taught the christians what and how to follow in their service to God/faith and this books had there names, and the early 1century congregation knew the writers that sent them the books

See some sample of the apostles letters by their own mouth in the bible

peter:

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;" (2 Peter 3:15).

"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness." (2 Peter 3:16-17).

Paul:
2. "The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write." (2 Thessalonians 3:17).

(note: every epistle)

3. "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." (2 Thessalonians 2:15).
(note: our epistle)

4. "And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments." (2 Timothy 4:12-13).

5. "Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction." (2 Corinthians 13:10).

6. "I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:" (1 Corinthians 5:9).

7. "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat." (1 Corinthians 5:11).
(note: I have written unto you)

8. "Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not." (Galatians 1:20).
( I write unto you,)

9. "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)" (Ephesians 3:3-4).

(note: as I wrote afore in few words,)

Congregations to exchange letters :

10. "And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea." (Colossians 4:16).

This are just few letters from the apostles not to talk of revelation and others that they the apostles wrote.

^^^
compare that with what the catholics church has taught you and you come to believe to become an agnostics.

Therein lies the danger of the satanic act of saying that the NT is a product of the roman catholic church.

Satan is very wise and smart indeed.

Your bible quotes are irrelevant cos you obviously don't understand what I was saying. Firstly, you don't become atheist or agnostic by questioning the doctrine of your church but by questioning the very foundation of religious belief. Believe me, as an agnostic, I'm a lot more irritated by Pentecostal churches than by the Catholic church and other orthodox churches. I almost see many of you as being enslaved. I never told you the Catholic church wrote the New Testament, so I don't even understand your rant. Why must everything you practise be in the Bible? Do you even know how your Bible was compiled and its history? Did God's revelations to man stop in Bible times? If a man like Paul can write half the New Testament and claim to be divinely inspired, why not anyone who claims the same divine inspiration in post-Bible times like those Popes? We choose what we believe and I've found those who claim to have the only truth are delusional clowns who are often very selective in their claims.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Enigma(m): 12:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Reyginus: The Pope's Infallibility
The immunity to error. To us, the infallibility of the pope, flows naturally from the infallibility of the church.
The question is, is the church(catholic) infallible to begin with?
That you'll answer yourself by the time I'm done.
I am not confusing infallibility with impeccability please. Only that, for infallibility to exist where their is no impeccability, is not possible.
Accordingly, when he(the Pope) defines an article of faith/moral he is infallible, except otherwise. I think we have a problem. Does the Pope operate as a dual entity?
Is it not the same person that makes the moral and faith truths, make the non-impeccable entity?
Can character be dualistic?
I am not trying to act like luther who described the papacy as a 'human invention',but infallibility of the Pope I will look with a similar lense.
Their was a time we had two popes. How do you weigh them in the infallible scale?
This notion is wrong. Let's drop it.
Examples:
i) Pope Gregory xiv was misled by corrupt officials.
ii) Pope innocent xiii made his brother cardinal and practised nepotism
iii) Pius vii crowned napoleon emperor in paris, but later excommunicated him after the emperor occupied rome. Lol.
What infallibility? It is a contradiction of infallibility to breed fallibility.
When we believe a thing for the sake of faith-preservation, we're preparing the faith for self-termination.

After reading the above I was immediately tempted to make this post but I initially resisted for a while. When I remember, however, that some of the Roman Catholics here harp on about "papal infallibility" and also that some Nairaland "intellectuals" say that there is what they call a direct line of succession in the RCC yada yada, I think it is worth it to make the post for some balance and perspective.

Keeping things simple: just google 10 wicked popes wink

cool
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 12:48am On Nov 17, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

Your bible quotes are irrelevant cos you obviously don't understand what I was saying. Firstly, you don't become atheist or agnostic by questioning the doctrine of your church but by questioning the very foundation of religious belief. Believe me, as an agnostic, I'm a lot more irritated by Pentecostal churches than by the Catholic church and other orthodox churches. I almost see many of you as being enslaved. I never told you the Catholic church wrote the New Testament, so I don't even understand your rant. Why must everything you practise be in the Bible? Do you even know how your Bible was compiled and its history? Did God's revelations to man stop in Bible times? If a man like Paul can write half the New Testament and claim to be divinely inspired, why not anyone who claims the same divine inspiration in post-Bible times like those Popes? We choose what we believe and I've found those who claim to have the only truth are delusional clowns who are often very selective in their claims.

i can see how well you have come along as a servant of God via the RCC.
infact, you are a shining example of what a cathlic servant if God is and should be, you are the kind that they can build with what they feed the sheep.

Do you think i had expected something better from you?

Jesus said: every good tree produces good fruit but every rotten tree produces rotten fruit.

What kind of fruit are you for God?

= agnostic (rotten fruit)

so, what kind of tree produced you ?

1 Like

Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 17, 2012
Interesting thread! Subscribing.....
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Boomark(m): 3:39am On Nov 17, 2012
truthislight:

infact, you are a shining example of what a cathlic servant if God is and should be, you are the kind that they can build with what they feed the sheep.

Jesus said: every good tree produces good fruit but every rotten tree produces rotten fruit.

One guy like that(his name dey fear me), atheists and agono dem are working for the devil without knowing it.

The questions raised here seems to have difficult answers.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 17, 2012
truthislight:

If you think the Catholic church isn't far off better than the pentecostal churches, you must be living in lala land.
If present day pentecostal churches had brought Christianity to our shores, only the king's children would have had an 'english' education.
If present day pentecostal churches had brought Christianity to our shores, we'd still be colonized thanks to the 'touch not my annointed' mantra.. Present day pentecostalism is the worst insult to Christianity and Jesus' sacrifice..
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:37am On Nov 17, 2012
truthislight:

And I can see the great fruit your church has yielded by your insolence. Brainwashed, enslaved clown. So you needed Jesus to tell what kind of fruit rotten trees produce?
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
musKeeto:
If you think the Catholic church isn't far off better than the pentecostal churches, you must be living in lala land.
If present day pentecostal churches had brought Christianity to our shores, only the king's children would have had an 'english' education.
If present day pentecostal churches had brought Christianity to our shores, we'd still be colonized thanks to the 'touch not my annointed' mantra.. Present day pentecostalism is the worst insult to Christianity and Jesus' sacrifice..

i dont have any issues with your observations.

It just a " like mother like daughter" thing.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
And I can see the great fruit your church has yielded by your insolence. Brainwashed, enslaved clown. So you needed Jesus to tell what kind of fruit rotten trees produce?

that is the product that came to tutor reginus.
*sigh*
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
That's a poor analogy. For starters, the readings, hymns and homily in those Latin services are in English so most of the service is already in English. The Latin prayers said all have their English equivalent, so again, the congregation understand what's being said even if they can't speak Latin. I certainly understood all the Latin prayers being said.
You are deliberately missing the point. It is not about you understanding, but about the majority who don't and will never understand. It is all about the plural, than the singular.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
seriallink: Interesting thread! Subscribing.....
Good for you.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
About to re-examine these things again.

1 Like

Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Reyginus: About to re-examine these things again.

what this time?
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 01, 2013
truthislight:

what this time?
I'm trying to understand the concept of purgatory. I've battled with myself to discard it, but scriptures keep showing up to make sense out of it.
We were made to understand that, 'after death, comes judgement'. I think we've not given adequate attention to that part of scripture.
What do you understand by 1 Peter 3:18-20?
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by TheClown: 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
@ op I put it to you that you are not a Catholic.

That haven been said, if you don't like the Church stay out. We understand our worship and we like it like that. All these arguments would lead nowhere because in the first place you've made up your mind what you want to blive.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
The Clown: @ op I put it to you that you are not a Catholic.

That haven been said, if you don't like the Church stay out. We understand our worship and we like it like that. All these arguments would lead nowhere because in the first place you've made up your mind what you want to blive.
First of all, this is open for discussion. I trully want a fellow catholic to put me through. Show me where I went wrong in my posts, and if it's convincing enough, I will drop the notion.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Rich4god(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
One question for you... Did God stoped speaking to His people after the demise of the apostle/early christians. Just need a straight forward answer.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
Reyginus: I'm trying to understand the concept of purgatory. I've battled with myself to discard it, but scriptures keep showing up to make sense out of it.
We were made to understand that, 'after death, comes judgement'. I think we've not given adequate attention to that part of scripture.

ok, good.
please, try and follow this scriptures and even use a verity of translations.

Who are "sons of God" as used some time in the bible?

(Job 1:6).
"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them." (Job 1:6).

And

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" (Job 38:4-7).

The reference the "sons of God" is refering to
angels.

In the days of noah angels came down from heaven materialise and married humans and had children.

When the flood came, the dematerialise and headed back to heaven but were bared from entering heaven but rather put in prison(tatarus) :

"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." (1 Peter 3:19-20).

(why are they in prison?)
please read the full story here below:

(Genesis 6:1-6).
"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." (Genesis 6:1-6).
(2 Peter 2:4-5).
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to tatarus(prison), and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;" (2 Peter 2:4-5).
That ^^^ is how the angels came to be in prison. Not humans. This angels are the ones christ preached to. (that they failed = Judged)

learn to compare bible translation with others.

Reyginus:

Christ died for 3days. (Eccl. 9:5,6)

The confussion increases with kjv and other translation changing the fact that christ died in the flesh but was raise "a life Giving spirit", but rather said "quickening spirit".

I dont know what they meant by a "quickening spirit".

Christ was unconscious while in the grave.

The word hell is not a hebrew word.

Christ went to preach to those angels on Resurection from the grave as a spirit person.

Spirit person can materialise and Dematerialise, like the ones that visited:

1. Abraham(ate food with him)
2. Lot (ate food)
3. Jacob(wrestle with him)

Christ resurected as a spirit person that was why he started passing through walls and can also be felt.

Under this spirit state he preached to the fallen angels of Noah's day.

what is limbo? Not a bible teaching.
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
^
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by truthislight: 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
Rich4god: One question for you... Did God stoped speaking to His people after the demise of the apostle/early christians. Just need a straight forward answer.

which people?

The apostles warned that after the death of the apostles wolves in sheep clothing will come in and teach false hood.

Why the warning?

Were the apostles stupid or God made a mistake?
*sigh*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / How Can A Spiritual Problem Be Solved? / Science Disproves Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.