Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? (11132 Views)

I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her / Ow Do I Deal With My Mum N Uncle? Should I Tell On Them Or Let Go? / Afraid To Be Intimate With My Pregnant Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by biolabee(m): 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
i dont know why im being banned or my post is hidden
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2012

hsapien: as it is now, i am a quagmire. I cn't believe this, SHE JUST TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD FORGET THE WEDDING PLANS BECAUSE I SAID I WANT TO TAKE UP THE CASE AGAINST HER UNCLE. Isnt dat enough sign to show that she is nt ready to quit seeing her uncle?

hsapien: in fact i want to borrow leg join my own so that i'll be able to run as fast as i can before i see myself in dongeon. Thanks for ur advise. Marriage is meant to be enjoyed not endured. Broken courtship is far more better than broken marriage.

You have done more than most men would.You have been a good listener and tried to help by wanting to confront the uncle but she doesn't want to be part of it because the s.ex is consensual not forced.
That is the reason.It may already be an open secret in their family so what are you confronting him for?
It probably is still ongoing and may never stop.
The handwriting on the wall is written in neon,I'm glad you have seen it clearly.
I told you to run as fast as your legs can carry you on my initial post on page 1,I repeat the same.Count yourself blessed that you got to know this before marriage.
Move on and leave this cursed family alone.

If there is a little 3 or 4 yr old "cousin " around it may actually be her and her uncle's baby.Some families are that messed up.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by vanitty: 9:44am On Nov 19, 2012
The girl is the victim in all this. As long as the abuse started when she was a minor, she could be walking around in panties with pointed breast for all I care. There is some sort of responsibilities that comes along with been an "adult" and the growm man took advantage

Infact, do we know the psychological welfare of this girl? Do you know the kind of power this man had and still have on this girl?

Life is not always black or white, make allowances for the shade of grey all thee civilised people!

2 Likes

Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
You can only help someone who is ready to be forthright with you. if she truly wants this to never happen again then she needs to sort herself out, she just stopped sleeping with him in April and you have been dating since last year. If sex btw them started at 17 , then she could have had other relationships before yours. If i were to guess she stopped sex with uncle because she felt your relationship is serious and heading towards marriage

Why did she tell you in the first place
What were the motives

Its likely her not wanting you to confront the uncle is because she maybe cut off from financial help or he may have a lot to say about her complicity in the affair which she hasnt told you.
This 'game' she and her uncle are playing will only stop when she's ready to end it. She needs to sort herself out and own up to any role she may have played in this. For a good future and marriage with you when she has sorted herself out, then speaking with her uncle (with her present) would be a good way to bring it out in the open clearly so that NOONE uses it as emotional blackmail for you in the future.

Like others have said you have to be emotionally ready to take up this kind of challenge and as it is she's not ready so thats the end.
But dont spread rumours or trade this secret becauuse U SEF NO HOLY PASS. Who knows what 'sins' you have committed.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by Bokoharam: 4:49am On Jan 12, 2013
For goodness sake, dis gal was a child hen all that started. She had no choice. 18 is one of d most delicate ages of a woman.

Secondly, She s crucified bc she said d truth out of d love she has for u. Do u knw all d ills dt these ladies whose mouths r wagging concealed b4 their spouses? He had d option of keeping her quiet bc u wldnt knw. She wld just tell u dis uncle made me wht i am 2day, and u wld love dt uncle more. I love d truth and wld marry her if I wr u. for he to tell u (except u got a hint abd pressed hard for to say it), it means she has stopped, and she loves u dearly. She will make d best of a wife for u. After all, dt other ur eying might done worse. And true to type, bc u wld tll her d reason u broke up with ur last FG, she wld never tell u her past.

As for those suggesting to confront d uncle, it s nt necessary. Just knw dt u must keep him at an arm's length in ur family issues. Dont b too close to him. He can also molest ur daughter. If he could do it to a niece,what else r we talking abt?

I knw my suggestion is comin late. I hope u ve nt taken a decision already.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by joangirl: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2013
As for me I think u can go ahead with the maffiage if u love her but she needs to go for deliverance or handle the matter spritually or u guys might have problem.askfrom the older ones around.I have friends who haven't been able to stay married cos they slept with their brothers and uncles.pls I think there is a spiritual complication of that relationship.once it is canceled,u can go ahead and get married to the girl,maybe her uncle brainwashed her into it.and I really thinks she loves u for her to tell u such.dont abandon her pls.she has gone thru enough,stand by her and help her

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Fate Of Tunde Thomas! A Lesson For Men!! / My Friend Consistently Beats Up Her Mum! / The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.