Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (803497 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by damkanlinsin(m): 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
Brispy:

- Itinerary ( which has some typographical errors)
- Tickets to 1 of the 9 activities I intend to do in France , I have No tickets to the other 8 activities, I just wrote it )
- Purpose of travel
- Cac, my id , my company’s letter head introducing myself and tax certificate .
- Past travel visa ( Dubai ) exit and entry stamps
- Flight and hotel reservations
-10million bal 3 months statement of account with $20k dollar account
- 2 separate lands documents with pictures describing the purpose each land serves
- Two cars payment receipts I bought on an auction website
-Travel insurance
Should I have added more ?
My reason for refusal is “ The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable “
I think that has to do with my itinerary ,I’m supposed to travel for 10 days but the heading of the itinerary was “ 5 days travel itinerary for ( my full name ) “ it ought to be written as “ 10 days travel itinerary for ( my full name ) “
And another error on the itinerary is , the only ticket I booked online is scheduled for 19th of November but it was written on the 21st of November , I didn’t even know how I made such mistakes, so I guess all of these errors confused the visa officer
But let me know your opinion guys
I attached a copy of the itinerary for better understanding
I added the tour ticket as well

When next you are applying take your time to cross check your documents a lot of typographical errors
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Brispy:

Yes I’m single but that isn’t the reason for refusal otherwise it would have been stated , but what is your opinion ?

It could be the reason, it also could not be. Schengen visa refusals are generic. Only Scandinavian countries within the region give elaborate reasons for refusals.

You can reapply at anytime, correct the errors in your itinerary and also write a cover letter with compelling reasons to return to your home country.

In addition, where did you book your hotel? What kind of hotel did you book? Is the hotel popular to tourists, or you just booked a hotel anywhere because it is cheap? What is the hotel's proximity to places you need to visit? What is also the distance between one tourist attractions to the other? Try to make sure you don't visit one area twice, eg, visiting Louvre Museum on Monday, and Notre Dame on Tuesday. Both are in the same area. A visa officer officer would assume that if you know where you are going, having researched properly, you should be able to visit these places in one day.

Your application should show that you have don extensive research on the city, hence have a justified reason to visit.

Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Brispy: 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
4newguy:

This was the message that was contained in the parcel sent to me.
"The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable”.

I submitted all my documents although vfs officer at Abuja took out my marriage certificate, deed of transfer of some properties, tenancy agreement, marriage photos saying it's not needed and I included this in my cover letter
I had similar refusal letter . Have you reapplied? If yes , did you get it ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Brispy: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
Africankel:

It could be the reason, it also could not be. Schengen visa refusals are generic. Only Scandinavian countries within the region give elaborate reasons for refusals.

You can reapply at anytime, correct the errors in your itinerary and also write a cover letter with compelling reasons to return to your home country.

In addition, where did you book your hotel? What kind of hotel did you book? Is the hotel popular to tourists, or you just booked a hotel anywhere because it is cheap? What is the hotel's proximity to places you need to visit? What is also the distance between one tourist attractions to the other? Try to make sure you don't visit one area twice, eg, visiting Louvre Museum on Monday, and Notre Dame on Tuesday. Both are in the same area. A visa officer officer would assume that if you know where you are going, having researched properly, you should be able to visit these places in one day.

Your application should show that you have don extensive research on the city, hence have a justified reason to visit.

Good luck
I paid an agent to book the hotel , flight and health insurance so I have no idea of the proximity
But I’d put these things into consideration
You said I can reapply anytime , I heard I have to wait for a month to reapply, I don’t know how true that is
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Brispy: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
damkanlinsin:

When next you are applying take your time to cross check your documents a lot of typographical errors
I will
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2023
Brispy:
I paid an agent to book the hotel , flight and health insurance so I have no idea of the proximity
But I’d put these things into consideration
You said I can reapply anytime , I heard I have to wait for a month to reapply, I don’t know how true that is

You can reapply at anytime.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Brispy: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2023
Africankel:

You can reapply at anytime.
Alright, thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2023
4newguy:

This was the message that was contained in the parcel sent to me.
"The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable”.

I submitted all my documents although vfs officer at Abuja took out my marriage certificate, deed of transfer of some properties, tenancy agreement, marriage photos saying it's not needed and I included this in my cover letter
Those documents VFS Abuja removed if it were in VFS lagos it will be accepted. My property documents were removed during my first application in Abuja while VFS Lagos accepted it in next application.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by damkanlinsin(m): 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2023
Anyone with way out about this
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by damkanlinsin(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2023
Please should my self introduction letter be written on my company letter head or just on a plain paper. Any help would be welcome thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
Company letter head

damkanlinsin:
Please should my self introduction letter be written on my company letter head or just on a plain paper. Any help would be welcome thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by damkanlinsin(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
meljoe:
Company letter head

Thank you so much
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
U HAVE DOWN WELL. let me just give u small advice .
try and be paying yourself salary to your other account from business account run it for like 4 to 5 months and retry

Brispy:

- Tickets to 1 of the 9 activities I intend to do in France , I have No tickets to the other 8 activities, I just wrote it )
- Purpose of travel
- Cac, my id , my company’s letter head introducing myself and tax certificate .
- 2 separate lands documents with pictures describing the purpose each land serves
-Travel insurance
My reason for refusal is “ The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable “
I think that has to do with my itinerary ,I’m supposed to travel for 10 days but the heading of the itinerary was “ 5 days travel itinerary for ( my full name ) “ it ought to be written as “ 10 days travel itinerary for ( my full name ) “
And another error on the itinerary is , the only ticket I booked online is scheduled for 19th of November but it was written on the 21st of November , I didn’t even know how I made such mistakes, so I guess all of these errors confused the visa officer
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by damkanlinsin(m): 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2023
Please is there parking space at tls lagos
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flavann: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2023
let me give u some advice, have been in this situation before, now i have shengen visas. 1, they refuse you because they doubt the authenticity of the documents you submitted, is a very strong one cause they use this word reasonable doubt, you need to prove it to them that the documents are not fake. 2, they refuse you because of your travel history, u dont have strong travel history that shows pattern of your life.
this number is very important and if u dont take time they will continue to refuse you. work and on this, give it sometime and apply with italy, but make sure you travel to places like turkey and morroco first.

Brispy:

- Purpose of travel
-Travel insurance

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Everly14: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2023
flavann:
let me give u some advice, have been in this situation before, now i have shengen visas. 1, they refuse you because they are doubt the authenticity of the documents you submitted, is a very strong one cause they use this word reasonable doubt, you need to prove it to them that the documents are not fake. 2, they refuse you because of your travel history, u dont have strong travel history that shows pattern of your life.
this number is very important and if u dont take time they will continue to refuse you. work and on this, give it sometime and apply with italy, but make sure you travel to places like turkey and morroco first.

Sir, may I inquire about the reason behind suggesting Italy for his next application? I'm curious to understand if obtaining a Schengen Visa is comparatively easier through Italy.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by zizle87(f): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2023
Everly14:
Sir, may I inquire about the reason behind suggesting Italy for his next application? I'm curious to understand if obtaining a Schengen Visa is comparatively easier through Italy.
Everly14:

Do Not apply anywhere else if you already applied through France. Stay consistent and work on your documents to prove that you will return and can fund your trip. I was denied 3 times only to realize I kept getting denied because I previously applied to Spain last year and didn’t state my reasons. If you apply to Italy without giving a concrete reason why you applied to France and got rejected, rejection for all other Schengen states is automatic even though your documents are convincing. I finally got mine after addressing it

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flavann: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2023
Everly14:

I got rejected by france twice,I gave it sometimes and travel to turkey and morocco, i applied to italy i was issued mutiple 6 weeks, i just renewed with my wife i was issued with my wife. a friend of my tried france too he was rejected also, he tried italy it was issued. france received lot of applications than italy, in own opinion italy is much easier. but make sure you travel before applying.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by damkanlinsin(m): 11:23am On Nov 01, 2023
Please is ur true that France tls dont take original copies of your documents only the photocopies
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by embee430(m): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2023
It's been 50 days now since biometrics, no feedback from the Belgian Embassy on visa status. My passport is still with me - I had borrowed the passport for an exams. TLS guy said i should either keep the passport or contact the embassy. Called the embassy and i am being told they will reply my email on next step.

Any hope of getting the visa considering the processing time or use my passport to re-apply to the French embassy?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flavann: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2023
zizle87:

Do Not apply anywhere else if you already applied through France. Stay consistent and work on your documents to prove that you will return and can fund your trip. I was denied 3 times only to realize I kept getting denied because I previously applied to Spain last year and didn’t state my reasons. If you apply to Italy without giving a concrete reason why you applied to France and got rejected, rejection for all other Schengen states is automatic even though your documents are convincing. I finally got mine after addressing it

have applied with france twice, germany twice, and italy gave me, i dont apply immediately i gave it like 1 to 2 years. now i have 2 shengen visa traveling sunday for the second trip to shengen

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by zizle87(f): 11:28am On Nov 01, 2023
Brispy:
Hello House
So dhl delivered my passport today and I was refused and here is the refusal letter I got …
What does this means and how can it be avoided if I decide to reapply

Don’t overthink it. First time applications usually get these 3 reasons . I got it in same order and I almost freaked out knowing I submitted original documents and they probably thought it was fake. What it actually means is that there’s no way to verify that those documents are original so it’s better to use documents that they can verify probably through an office etc, then you need a strong proof of home ties. It says reasons for your intended visit doesn’t seem reliable. Your tours and itinerary isn’t organized. Probably looked like you just put anything just to get into the country. Apply again . Check the area you are visiting, research the spots that you would like to visit, book a hotel close to it, be organized and pay attention to details. Dont just let an agent do it for you. Follow the process because in truth if you really are to visit these places, you need to know how to get there from where you are lodged. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by zizle87(f): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2023
flavann:

have applied with france twice, germany twice, and italy gave me, i dont apply immediately i gave it like 1 to 2 years. now i have 2 shengen visa traveling sunday for the second trip to shengen

Yes it’s because of the interval . There’s a time frame where rejection will become automatic. So whoever wants to apply immediately needs to stick with previous country or else they will assume you are trying to escape reason you were denied initially from the first .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Folarge06(m): 11:57am On Nov 01, 2023
Please I had my biometric on 26th of October at tls and this morning I missed a call from a strange number which I called back after some minutes. A lady picked up and she told me it's from French embassy and the person who actually called me earlier will call me back..
Please what does this suppose to mean and what do I do?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by cucumbar: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
grin
Everly14:
Based on the documents you provided, I didn't find a marriage certificate or birth certificates for children. This absence might suggest you're single, which could have influenced the rejection as it may have left them unconvinced about your family ties.
who told you they don’t give single people visa ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flavann: 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
zizle87:

Yes it’s because of the interval . There’s a time frame where rejection will become automatic. So whoever wants to apply immediately needs to stick with previous country or else they will assume you are trying to escape reason you were denied initially from the first .

Applying immediately will result to "visa shopping" and the rejection will be automatic
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Brispy: 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
flavann:

I got rejected by france twice,I gave it sometimes and travel to turkey and morocco, i applied to italy i was issued mutiple 6 weeks, i just renewed with my wife i was issued with my wife. a friend of my tried france too he was rejected also, he tried italy it was issued. france received lot of applications than italy, in own opinion italy is much easier. but make sure you travel before applying.
What are the requirements for Turkey please ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Brispy: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
zizle87:

Don’t overthink it. First time applications usually get these 3 reasons . I got it in same order and I almost freaked out knowing I submitted original documents and they probably thought it was fake. What it actually means is that there’s no way to verify that those documents are original so it’s better to use documents that they can verify probably through an office etc, then you need a strong proof of home ties. It says reasons for your intended visit doesn’t seem reliable. Your tours and itinerary isn’t organized. Probably looked like you just put anything just to get into the country. Apply again . Check the area you are visiting, research the spots that you would like to visit, book a hotel close to it, be organized and pay attention to details. Dont just let an agent do it for you. Follow the process because in truth if you really are to visit these places, you need to know how to get there from where you are lodged. Goodluck
Yes , the rubbish agent I used put anything on the itinerary. When she sent it to me to print out , I booked just one fun activity which I messed up somehow. I’ve learnt my lesson and making research . When you said I should book my hotel close to the fun activity locations , how close should it be please ? The ones i saw on booking.com and Viator are 40-50 mins close by walk and 20-25mins close by cab. Let me know if that’s okay
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2023
Glory Be To GOD.
Family of 4 plus my son friend all issues and approved.
I got 6 months multi entry and my kids and the friend got 1 month.

The consular called me yesterday to ask me questions and be sure that my son friend will be coming back and also called him too. He told him he has been approved.

Just picked up now and everybody is approved. Glory Be to GOD.
Thank YOU JESUS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Folarge06(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2023
Congratulations 🎉👏

I was called yesterday too but missed their call. I was later called back around 2pm to answer some questions regarding my visa application... Hopefully my passport should be dispatched to tls today.

Awaiting positive response 🙏

meljoe:
Glory Be To GOD.

The consular called me yesterday to ask me questions and be sure that my son friend will be coming back and also called him too. He told him he has been approved.

Thank YOU JESUS
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2023
Congratulations 😁😁

meljoe:
Glory Be To GOD.

Thank YOU JESUS
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2023
Thank you and AMEN you will get it by GODS Grace

Folarge06:
Congratulations 🎉👏

I was called yesterday too but missed their call. I was later called back around 2pm to answer some questions regarding my visa application... Hopefully my passport should be dispatched to tls today.

Awaiting positive response 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (388) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.