Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** (4138 Views)

Nigerian Guy Weds First Lady He Ever Dm'ed On Twitter (photos) / This Guy Thinks He Looks So Much Like Pdiddy (pics) / Nigerian Guy Proposes To Girlfriend After Sex.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Emmy9ite(m): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks: now tell me how many average guys in nigeria that ended up half as rich as any of the people u mentioned? Without illegal acts. smiley so u think those people controlled their money by themselves? There is a difference between owning something and haves control over it. Lawyers are entrusted with trust funds, bankers ensure that the investments are running profitably and accountants ensure the money is being handled well
This is not the bone of contention. The thing is, which of these should be given more priority in terms of monetary value. What i am trying to prove without reasonable doubts is that instead of formal education, financial education should be giving more attention to, from college level to retirement age.
Thank you. smiley
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
Emmy9ite: This is not the bone of contention. The thing is, which of these should be given more priority in terms of monetary value. What i am trying to prove without reasonable doubts is that instead of formal education, financial education should be giving more attention to, from college level to retirement age.
Thank you. smiley
wch explains why MANY average nigerians guys have resorted to internet fraud and drug and human trafficking...that's wat happens wen u think 'formal education' isn't as important!
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by fairygeh(f): 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
undecidedOkay good
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Beync(f): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
mondi_cheeks: investments are controlled by educated pple...the bankers, the accountants, the lawyers. They are a very few pple who end up like Steve Jobs and for every average guy to think that he will end up like Steve Jobs wld be ridiculous...education should always be put first
this is Nigeria hope you know. In this part of the world, you can buy education after making cool money, not saying it's the right thing thou.

1 Like

Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by maclatunji: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2012
Beync: this is Nigeria hope you know. In this part of the world, you can buy education after making cool money, not saying it's the right thing thou.

The bolded is quite untrue- you can buy certificates but not education. Education is a process not a piece of paper. tongue

1 Like

Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by thorpido(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
Did I hear a Nigerian girl say,'if he loves me he will put me at the top of his priority list'?

1 Like

Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
pleep: Nigerian man? i think its the opposite.
on point.

@Op
ur dead wrong!!
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by MrsChima(f): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
Emmy9ite: Financial education....yes! Formal education.. Bill gates comes to mind.

Bill Gates dropped out of college.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by MrsChima(f): 10:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
maclatunji:

The bolded is quite untrue- you can buy certificates but not education. Education is a process not a piece of paper. tongue

So how many are actually educated? shocked shocked shocked
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by seunadeolu(m): 4:13am On Nov 21, 2012
THIS IS PURELY YOUR CHARACTER, PLEASE ADMIT IT
OCTAVO: Ladies, if you are in a relationship with a Nigerian guy, expect him to prioritise in this order.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 21, 2012
Thok: Nah.. This is the prototype thinking of a wise and SOJILIZED Nigerian guy.. 4 the mugu's its not the other way round, but the whole bunch tagged girls.
On point man. And u b correct guy.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 21, 2012
Emmy9ite: that's a fat fallacy. It is a lackluster assertion. Very ludicrous! Most educated people still remain in the rat race. Being financially educated is what makes one succeed with money. For your information, Bill gates, founder of Microsoft, Michael dell, founder of dell computer corporation, Ted turner, founder of CNN, Henry ford founder of Ford motor company, Thomas Edison, founder of general electricity e.t.c didn't finish school.
My guy, 600,000 cartons of cold beer for you. One of my best friends did not go beyond the secondary level and now he is controlling millions. And if care is not taken, he will soon b controlling billions. The funniest part is that he started d business by selling calendars on d road when we were in d secondary school.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 4:57am On Nov 21, 2012
mondi_cheeks: it reflects how much he values her...very little obviously
So u don't value ur babe until u give d largest portion of ur money to her?
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by lagcity(m): 7:02am On Nov 21, 2012
mondi_cheeks: investments are controlled by educated pple...the bankers, the accountants, the lawyers. They are a very few pple who end up like Steve Jobs and for every average guy to think that he will end up like Steve Jobs wld be ridiculous...education should always be put first
Investments are controlled by those who own the means of production - land, labor, capital, entrepreneurship. Bankers, accountants and lawyers are just employees.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 21, 2012
Beync: this is Nigeria hope you know. In this part of the world, you can buy education after making cool money, not saying it's the right thing thou.
u can buy a certificate but not the knowledge...then of wat use will that be? its a good thng u said, "this is nigeria" yourself...now explain how that has had a positive impact on the nigerian economy? its always wise to think abt the consequences of doing this in a corrupt way before u actually pursue it
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 21, 2012
tpacalipse: So u don't value ur babe until u give d largest portion of ur money to her?
it shows the "degree u value her", i never said it shows u "dont value her" please know the difference smiley
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 21, 2012
lagcity:
Investments are controlled by those who own the means of production - land, labor, capital, entrepreneurship. Bankers, accountants and lawyers are just employees.
so why are trust funds left in the trust and control of attorneys if they dont have "control over the investments" like u said
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by omotola1(m): 8:09am On Nov 21, 2012
mondi_cheeks: so why are trust funds left in the trust and control of attorneys if they dont have "control over the investments" like u said
That‘s a different thing entirely my dear.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by omotola1(m): 8:10am On Nov 21, 2012
lagcity:
On point!
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 21, 2012
omotola1:
That‘s a different thing entirely my dear.
it still is controlling funds...how is it different?
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by lagcity(m): 9:11am On Nov 21, 2012
mondi_cheeks: so why are trust funds left in the trust and control of attorneys if they dont have "control over the investments" like u said
Attorneys do not own the trust money, they are just caretakers. Just because I pay some dude to wash and wax my car doesn't mean he controls my car. Anyway, do you want to "control" other people's money or do you want to own the money?
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 21, 2012
lagcity:
Attorneys do not own the trust money, they are just caretakers. Just because I pay some dude to wash and wax my car doesn't mean he controls my car. Anyway, do you want to "control" other people's money or do you want to own the money?
they dont own they control trust funds...know the difference between own and control. once money is put in a trust fund a beneficiaries cannot take it or uses it as he pleases...to gain access to the money the beneficiary has to receive approval from the person in control of the trust fund...wch it the attorney who has been entrusted with the account!!!
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Flygeriansteve: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2012
Emmy9ite: that's a fat fallacy. It is a lackluster assertion. Very ludicrous! Most educated people still remain in the rat race. Being financially educated is what makes one succeed with money. For your information, Bill gates, founder of Microsoft, Michael dell, founder of dell computer corporation, Ted turner, founder of CNN, Henry ford founder of Ford motor company, Thomas Edison, founder of general electricity e.t.c didn't finish school.
They didn't finish school but they went to school nonetheless. They had some sort of formal input. You have to learn about the economy, global financial practices, investment practices, and if you're science-inclined, you still need a degree of formal education to give your eventual practical knowledge a theoretical base. That being said, wanna submit that i hated school. I hated my lecturers(still hate them) and some educated illiterate graduates i meet.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Emmy9ite(m): 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Bill Gates dropped out of college.
that's true. So what's ur point? He didn't finish college, he had a long term goal that couldn't be taught in Harvard.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Emmy9ite(m): 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
Flygeriansteve: They didn't finish school but they went to school nonetheless. They had some sort of formal input. You have to learn about the economy, global financial practices, investment practices, and if you're science-inclined, you still need a degree of formal education to give your eventual practical knowledge a theoretical base. That being said, wanna submit that i hated school. I hated my lecturers(still hate them) and some educated illiterate graduates i meet.
Men, i didn't say you shouldn't go to school! The thing is, when you have a vision, school should not stand in your way. Some people just want to become lawyers but they don't have the talent(not fluent). For me, if i have a million dollar today, ama invest more into real estate, and other businesses before thinking of any formal education like masters and stuffs.
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
So?
Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by muscar: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
To cut the long grammar short.
Knowledge is the power to know as wisdom is the power to be wise.
Knowledge might get ‎​U a job as widom will make ‎​U an inventor (that explains y there r so few firms and many job aspirants).
Knowledge is formal as wisdom is informal.
Knowledge is plentiful as wisdom is rare!
Knowledge is aquired as wisdom is from within.
School will give you knowledge but your God will give you WISDOM!
But blessed is the man that possesses the Two.

1 Like

Re: This Is How An Average Nigerian Guy Thinks **picture** by OCTAVO: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
See how derailers hijacked this thread...
Chei! Idd!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does She Love Me Or Is She Just Using Me? / Who Is Having The Best Sex? / Two Calabar Girls Fighting Over A Guy (VIDEO 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.