Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft (17939 Views)

B’haram Brings Mubi Under Sharia, Amputates 10 / 500 Police College Recruits Expelled For Theft, Forgery / Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by DonCaleb: 5:51am On Nov 22, 2012
kiss[quote author=k2039]
Guy see let me tell you that law there is strikly for the poor and less prevelage, not for the ruling class oh. It don't make sense. Quote me.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Originalsly: 5:52am On Nov 22, 2012
icez: But this is someone who went to pray.
He is a guest in their country.
Don't get it twisted.....he went to pray or to prey? As a muslim he should be familiar with Sharia laws and the consequences for stealing. If it is they don't like Blacks then he should know being Black and being Nigerian make matters worse. I have no problem with the law itself...their country their law..don't like it don't go.... my problem would be if it is applied to certain groups of people and not to others.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by vesto09(m): 6:01am On Nov 22, 2012
For understanding on societal reaction to deviance read:
Curzon (1978)
Tappan (1960)
Sutherland and Cressy (1974: 4 to 8
also read works by
Cessare Lombrosso on "criminoloids"
Beccaria Cesare
*Jeremy Bentham.

I believe scholarly works are more knowledgeable than novels.
By the way, you can also read piece(s) on oriental approach to crime and rate of crime in that region.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by paris10: 6:11am On Nov 22, 2012
icez: Saudi authorities on Wednesday chopped off the hand of a Nigerian man convicted of theft, in compliance with the Islamic sharia law strictly applied in the kingdom, the interior ministry said.

Mohammed Ahmed Ibrahim was convicted of theft and sentenced to having “his right hand amputated” the ministry said in a statement carried by SPA state news agency.

The punishment was executed in Mecca where the theft took place, it said.

The AFP news agency says the kingdom applies the Islamic sharia law, including executions by the sword for people convicted of rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/uncategorized/saudi-amputates-nigerians-hand-over-theft/

They amputated his hand because he was a fcking terrorist and not a Nigerian. His name says it all. I still believe all these mallams should have their hands chopped off so as not to cause any more mishap to our beloveth Nigeria.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by sundaybam(m): 6:13am On Nov 22, 2012
That law should be imposed in nigeria for some time and let's see Τ̲̅ђe different.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Amari(f): 6:18am On Nov 22, 2012
mmmustapha: gud job by Saudi authority, they used islam law. I wish we could hav such punishment in naija
If wishes were horses,................
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Walexz02(m): 6:20am On Nov 22, 2012
For those of ya ranting out there that the law is babaric, u can continue ranting...it has no meaning of what so ever,if it is an American or an European dt commited the same offence(s), the same law will be passed on to him coz d law was nt meant for the blacks only. It is an Islamic law,it is the law of Arab land and Y on earth will u go to a country that frauns at stealing to go and steal? Y?
It is like a terrorist caught in AMERICA performing d act..(wouldn't they deal with him according to there law)
I wonder less bcoz even here in our land,if a law is passed onto some 1 appriopriatle,you will still complaine that it is bcoz d person is poor. *smh*
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by ubong560(m): 6:27am On Nov 22, 2012
If thief = amputation, den terrorism = what? 2ndly, If person steal ordinary biro 4 skul, wat would his/her fate? Our politicians get luck say dis is nt applicable in naija, na me 4 d chop off thier hands.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by ziondaughter: 6:29am On Nov 22, 2012
Saudi authorities plz come to naija n give some pple short sleeve
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by ziccoit: 6:35am On Nov 22, 2012
This is a very simple matter. The rules are clear;
Saudi is a sharia practicing nation that strictly follows its dictates.

Don't go to Saudi and steal, no immunity for you

Don't go to Saudi and start your molestation, there is nothing like godfather or satanfather in that country

Don't go there to go foul of all the rules of the land, no impunity

If your first name is 'crime' and second one is 'sin', stay here in Nigeria where your father knows the president, IG, chief justice, PDP chairman etc.

Don't spoil the holly city of Makkah as you have spoilt your village.

Bewarned.

Signed,
Federal Ministry of Criminally Minded Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by tellwisdom: 6:36am On Nov 22, 2012
All these Muslims eeeh, una own too much..over sabi is killing you"llangryangry
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Dells(m): 6:41am On Nov 22, 2012
I don't blame dem,he knew b4 hand if caught 4 theft or drug trafficking,his right hand will be chopped off,or be executed if it's a matter related to drug trafficking. The law was only made 4 dose who will transgress,dat's my take. grin
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 22, 2012
991: "Muslims are the first victims of islam"

i agree with you! and they are too blind/brainwashed to realize it.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Destindave(m): 6:44am On Nov 22, 2012
Hmmmn..Hand gone forever..Saudi authority,u re brutal
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by nex(m): 6:45am On Nov 22, 2012
You gotta love the Saudis. Have you never wondered why Nigerian politicians who steal money have never stashed such funds in Saudi Arabia?!

The law is the law! Any country can decide in their law that they will burn you at the stake for lying. What do you do? DO NOT BREAK THE LAW!
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by mu2sa2: 6:47am On Nov 22, 2012
This law has been in place for over 1400 years and wherever it is properly applied crime is low. People who see this law as barbaric are hypocrites - is nigerian criminal law humane? The judicial system of saudi arabia is not corrupt and the man was properly tried. Maybe hypocrites here wished that it was in nigeria so that the offender would bribe the police, the prosecuting lawyer and the judge, and all these crooks will ensure the criminal walks away free. In saudi the law is if you are convicted for theft one likely punishment is amputation (depending on a number of factors)-nationality is not a defence. Millions of law-abiding foreigners including hundreds of thousands of nigerians visit saudi arabi every year and dont hav problems with their law. But criminals hav no hiding place their.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by odehaj: 6:47am On Nov 22, 2012
It takes more than a stoneheart to carry out execution with a sword,is it stabbing d chest,liver,head or throat? May be quoran specified.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by lorddannie: 6:47am On Nov 22, 2012
ziondaughter: Saudi authorities plz come to naija n give some pple short sleeve
aboki traveled to mecca with two hands to stone the devil, after carrying out rituals, he will becoming back with just one hand and a short sleeve. Let there raucous ceremony with trumphet to welcome the hero back home. #singing aboki by iceprince#

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 22, 2012
shymexx: I'm pissed! - why do Nigerians travel to these stone age countries, anyway?

Nothing can replace an amputated hand - fvck the ragheads in Saudi Arabia!! sad

well, mr. patriotism, before you fvck the saudis why not first fvck the local muzzies here? the bolded made me think you are not a nigerian. my friend's 7months pregnant wife was stabbed to death in northern nigeria during the sharia nonsense, the killers stabbed her in the stomarch killing both the unborn baby. can't you get it? these muzzies don't give a fvck about life! the said Mohammed Ahmed Ibrahim got what he believes is right! do you get it now? how am i even sure he is not the one who killed my friend's wife and ran to saudi.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Pakavy(m): 7:04am On Nov 22, 2012
GARRI (x7):
I think the punishment is too harsh. Imprisonment, heavy fine etc would have been more appropriate. This is 2012 for Christ's sake!!!
it is appropriate cos it serves as a deterant 2 odaz.blive me if atleast 2 of our dirt minded politicians hav had their limbs chop off d price of garri would hav been favourably affected
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by mu2sa2: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2012
lorddannie: aboki traveled to mecca with two hands to stone the devil, after carrying out rituals, he will becoming back with just one hand and a short sleeve. Let there raucous ceremony with trumphet to welcome the hero back home. #singing aboki by iceprince#
Ignorance is a disease. Nobody goes to mecca to stone the devil. Maybe u are alluding to the act of throwing pebbles at jamarah during hajj. The jamarah are not devils pls, and the act is merely symbolic. Pls stop spreading ignorance. U should know that idolatry has no place in Islam.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by lorddannie: 7:11am On Nov 22, 2012
yes, he went to pray and allah graciously answered him by giving him short sleeve.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2012
Sky2012:

well, mr. patriotism, before you fvck the saudis why not first fvck the local muzzies here? the bolded made me think you are not a nigerian. my friend's 7months pregnant wife was stabbed to death in northern nigeria during the sharia nonsense, the killers stabbed her in the stomarch killing both the unborn baby. can't you get it? these muzzies don't give a fvck about life! the said Mohammed Ahmed Ibrahim got what he believes is right! do you get it now? how am i even sure he is not the one who killed my friend's wife and ran to saudi.

touching! and beleieve me only little number of muslims would feel sad for the pregnant woman and her baby, the rest wouldn't care as long as sharia is concerned and the victim is non-muslim. sometimes i wish we(humans) could start all over again, this time without any religion. just ethics and love!!
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by stagger: 7:16am On Nov 22, 2012
As if it is only Nigerians whose hands have been amputated in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Woleleye(m): 7:18am On Nov 22, 2012
Every country has her own laws. If in your country thieves are being worshiped, that is not excuse to condemn them where stealing is discouraged. If you are a thief, don't go to Arabian countries. If you go there, you may be back with one arm. Be warned!
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by mu2sa2: 7:21am On Nov 22, 2012
Sky2012:

the criminals who killed your wife got away because of nigeria's useless judicial system. If it were in saudi arabia which applies shariah law they would be charged for homicide- criminality under any guise is not condoned.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by salafiyy: 7:28am On Nov 22, 2012
I prefer this to ALUU because it is instructed by GOD...I'm proud to be a muslim
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 22, 2012
k2039:

This is the kind of law we need in this country,by now most of our politicians should be without hands

And what happens to you for all the fornication? Chop off your pe nis I guess
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by JubalTheophilus: 7:31am On Nov 22, 2012
visitor ko ! Passer by ni ! They shld cut off his head. It is pple like this that bring disgrace to Nig.. He know the law very well because his a muslim. So no excuse. I hate Nigerians
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by abohrandy: 7:31am On Nov 22, 2012
k2039:

This is the kind of law we need in this country,by now most of our politicians should be without hands

they can keep it up north!! we wont mind!!!
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 22, 2012
he was a guest also means he shouldn't ve been stealing..... Thieving guest... Mtcheww(SMH)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

40 INEC Staff Held Hostage In Bayelsa As Militants Hijack Materials / We Won’t Address Fayemi As ‘honorable Minister,’ Reps Vow / Rivers State APC Adopts Indirect Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.