Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? (34854 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Lands In Maiduguri For A 2-day Working Visit.. See Photos / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Man Beaten ‘blue-black’ For Wearing APC Cap In Nyesom Wike’s Home Town - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2012
nex: Please, has anybody even taken out time to verify this story?! Nigerians are so smart, but when it comes to issues that divide us, we tend not to think deep before jumping to conclusion, and accusing the other party. Nobody wearing any mini skirt was killed in Maiduguri at 1 am.

I have screenmunched the vanguard page where this very malicious story was posted, and since we don't have a Newspaper Licensing Agency as civilized countries do, I will be force to email the National Orientation Agency.
guy report na, tell then that boko haram are being frame up with cooked stories. Justify to the agency that they are doing your pathetic demon a favour for the killing, tell them you're sympathiser like most of you People, tell them the innocent killing are justify by your boko boys. Nonsense
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by BetaThings: 9:20am On Nov 24, 2012
lorddannie: political problems from muslims in the north: killings christians and destroying their properties and bombing churches, adding to other security agents' families that refuse to support their massacre? Who do you want to deceive?
So killing girls in their homes at 2am for dressing in any manner is religious
That invasion of privacy is sanctioned by some religion?

Even France only banned Burqa in public places, not in peoples homes!
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 24, 2012
its hitting page 9?
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by ghettodreamz(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2012
Separation would be the lasting solution to curb, prevent and put a halt to all these menace, mayhem & killings in Nigeria.. Without it, I don't think Nigeria will know any peace if this trend continues without complete wipe out of the inhumane and animals behind all these tragedies. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 24, 2012
TWO WAYS? AM LISTENING.
BetaThings:

Where did Odi get us. History is written in decades and centuries. Taking a precipitate action does not mean you will have long term peace
The persecution of Jews by Christian Europe led to some unintended consequences
The type of deterrence you seek can be abused. Very easily.
Two ways come to my mind as I type this
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 24, 2012
MORE SO YOU NEED ANY SORT OF PEACE TO CRE8 LONGTERM PEACE! undecided
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by drnoel: 9:42am On Nov 24, 2012
U guys need to get the picture here. Its 20 students of UNIMAID that were slaughtered by these mad men. Look to make it clearer 20 students that are not from Borno or Maiduguri. They killed other people's daughters and sisters.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by bola4dprec(m): 9:46am On Nov 24, 2012
Lord Lugard, almagamated the Northern and the
Sourthen protectorates in 1914, but what
necessitated this initiative,but whatever reason
behind Lord Lugards' actions , has that promoted
peace and love among Nigerians or are we
regretting this naive ,selfish action of the British.
Soon after the British had acquired the Northern
region from the French in 1900, they found out
that it was going to be a drain on their finances and
a big liability item in their annual budgets from
the British Crown to the colonies. Therefore they
decided to create this artificial country called
Nigeria by coercion so that the wealth of the South
would be used to support the North. Could this be
the reason why we are still wandering in the
wilderness of endless hope today?

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by pak: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2012
NEW REPORTS COMING IN SUGGEST THAT THE VICTIMS WERE KILLED BECAUSE THEY WERE SUSPECTED JTF INFORMERS
AND THAT THE DEATH TOLL WAS 5 AND NOT 20.

The latter version actually seem more plausible.

I remember an initial poster saying that with time different version of the event will start to emerge from different quarters quoting differing figures
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by shinken(m): 10:17am On Nov 24, 2012
Its a damn lie jor. 20? Where? Which street? Which house? What name? Vanguard get ur act right abeg. Hyperboles and exaggerations. I live in Maiduguri,...nothing like that happenned. Sides,who wears 'miniskirts' in their houses @ 1am? In a town where even a ghost doesn't roam outdoors beyond 8:30pm?
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by shinken(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2012
drnoel: U guys need to get the picture here. Its 20 students of UNIMAID that were slaughtered by these mad men. Look to make it clearer 20 students that are not from Borno or Maiduguri. They killed other people's daughters and sisters.

Guy,read up 'signature comment' and accept ur ignorance. Which UNIMAID are u talking about? Are there only 20 student that wear minis? No be by force to comment,oga so I advise u watch a grasshoper sleep or STFU
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by salt1: 10:35am On Nov 24, 2012
[b]
maclatunji:

I can assure you that this Boko Haram problem will be brought under control the day Christians remove religious sentiments in reacting to it. I can almost say some of them love Boko Haram because it gives them the chance to call Islam and Muslims names.

One day, maybe,one day, I will begin to understand you. I am still waiting for that day.
How will Christians removing religious sentiment affect guerrilla attacks on innocent citizens?
How can any sane person, godly or ungodly, love BH's activities because they derive pleasure from insulting Islam?
We are outraged! We are saddened! If this news is true, then some 20 (or as someone has reduced it to 5 which doesn't make it any less painful)families have just lost wives, daughters, sisters.
How can anybody hear that and not curse whatever mindset or ideology that brought the action?
Were people not outraged about the UniPort students? Did emotions not run high? In fact even higher than the Mubi killings; because violence is now nearly synonymous with the North?

It's insensitive comments like this that worry some of us non-Moslems. Does your religion strip you of humanity? If Moslems don't mind dying, why won't they let others who want to live to live their lives? [/b]

7 Likes

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by muktarmtt(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2012
BlackPikiN: Barely 24 hours after over ten people were slaughtered in Maiduguri, twenty ladies who were prone of wearing mini skirts and trousers were Friday slaughtered in their separate homes in Maiduguri Metropolis by yet to be identified gunmen.

This ugly development is one of its kind, as many believed that most of the daily killing in Borno are only targeted at men and security agencies.

The slaughtering of about twenty different ladies our Correspondent gathered took place in the early hours of Friday precisely at about 1 to 2am when most of residents were still asleep in their houses due to 6am to 9pm Curfew imposed on the state in the past five months.

More details soon. U r big fat liars whare did't hpnd am in maid ryt I'm a repoter 2 but I never gad such news, u dnt have 2 lie 2 get a new bro stop dat pls

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/20-ladies-in-mini-skirts-slaughtered-in-maiduguri/

MORE DETAILS.

By Ndahi Marama, Maiduguri, Adekunle Aliyu, Ishola Balogun with agency report
Barely 24 hours after over ten people were slaughtered in Maiduguri, twenty ladies in mini skirts and trousers were yesterday slaughtered in their separate homes in the metropolis by yet to be identified terrorists.

Also the Joint Task Force, Operation ‘Restore Order’, Friday, placed a bounty on suspected terrorists and members of Boko Haram.

This ugly development in Maiduguri is one of its kind, as many believed that most of the daily killings in Borno are only targeted at men and security agencies.

[size=15pt][b]The slaughtering of about twenty different ladies, our correspondent gathered, took place in the early hours of yesterday precisely at about 1 to 2am when most of residents were still asleep in their houses due to the curfew imposed by state government.

A source told our correspondent that the most hit areas were Mary wards, few meters away from the University of Maiduguri, one of the places accommodating students of the institution living off-Campus due to accommodation shortage.

Also affected according to investigation, were ladies living close to the black spots areas of Gwange, London Chiki, Abbagaram, Kaleri areas where series of killings and bomb blasts had occurred in the past, killing JTF officers.

When contacted on phone, both the JTF spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa and the Police Commissioner, Mr. Yuguda Abdullahi said that they are not in Maiduguri, the state capital to confirm the incident.

But a top JTF Commander said, he had directed his men to the affected areas yesterday morning to evacuate the remains of over twenty girls slaughtered within the Maiduguri metropolis.[/b]

[/size]
N50m bounty placed on Boko Haram leaders

Meanwhile, the Joint Task Force, Operation ‘Restore Order’, Maiduguri, have declared the suspected terrorists wanted and placed a reward on each of them. They are wanted in connection with terrorist activities particularly in the region that led to the killings, bombings and assassinations of some civilians, religious leaders, traditional rulers, businessmen, politicians, civil servants and security personnel amongst others. They are also wanted for arson and destruction of properties worth several millions of Naira.

A statement listed 19 alleged senior members of the extremist group blamed for hundreds of deaths in connection with its insurgency in northern and central Nigeria as suspects.

The rewards ranged from N50million for the suspected leader of the group, Abubakar Shekau, to N10 million for various Boko Haram “commanders”.

Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa, who issued the statement on behalf of the Military Task Force operating in the region did not respond to phone calls. Violence linked to Boko Haram’s insurgency is believed to have left over 3,000 people dead since 2009, including killings of security forces.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/20-mini-skirt-ladies-massacre-in-maiduguri-jtf-place-bounty-on-boko-haram-leaders/
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Leobreezy(m): 10:51am On Nov 24, 2012
take dat: This is barbaric and uncalled for but ladies should also be careful for when you are in Rome, one behaves like a Roman after all our ladies travel to places like Dubai and they conform to their regulation. The North is not a safe place so one needs to be extra cautious. I doubt the story itself but all the same RIP to dem ladies!
gbam! You've said it all
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by muktarmtt(m): 10:52am On Nov 24, 2012
ifyalways: Unbelievable!
dn mind dem is big fat lies
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by drmikeadams(m): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2012
gush! im sick and tired of this country.
. cry
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Mgbadike80: 11:03am On Nov 24, 2012
drnoel: U guys need to get the picture here. Its 20 students of UNIMAID that were slaughtered by these mad men. Look to make it clearer 20 students that are not from Borno or Maiduguri. They killed other people's daughters and sisters.
that should remind u of a similar attack on another student housing in mubi with 40 dead
Leobreezy: gbam! You've said it all
d guy is an idiot. Ppl wear mini skirts in dubai.
shinken:

Guy,read up 'signature comment' and accept ur ignorance. Which UNIMAID are u talking about? Are there only 20 student that wear minis? No be by force to comment,oga so I advise u watch a grasshoper sleep or STFU
ur a slowpoke, read d original post or keep quiet if ur mentally deranged
Leobreezy: gbam! You've said it all
d guy is an idiot. Ppl wear mini skirts in dubai.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by luluosas(m): 11:06am On Nov 24, 2012
Not again! When will this madness end for God sake?
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by bodcash: 11:19am On Nov 24, 2012
dafman10: I sincerely doubt dis story. But if it is true, den *am packing my bags*
hmmm the early the better ooo I wonder wats kipin u!!!!
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Jarus(m): 11:43am On Nov 24, 2012
"First, the Nigerian federation is not a federation of religions, but of states. Whereas states with overwhelming Muslim majorities may legislate for themselves shari’ah laws for their Muslim populations, the non-Muslim indigenes of those states are equal in every respect to the Muslim majority. Their complete freedom of religion, including freedom from harassment for non-conformity to the tenets of Muslim law in their choice of dress or food or drink etc. must be guaranteed and protected. In this regard, the various groups set up under the name of Hisbah corps must be restrained from interfering in any manner with the lifestyle of non-Muslims, particularly where the offence they are accused of is only an offence under shari’ah law. Such incidents as attacks on bars or beer-trucks or hotels arguably represent an attempt to force non-Muslims to live by the dietary or moral laws of the shari’ah."

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, 'Muslim Community in a multi-religious milieu', Accra, Ghana, 2003.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Amee1(m): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2012
People should be mindfull in their expression. Islam is not propagating terrorism. Christain should stop asaulting islam in this forum. Moderator u should take not.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by plendil: 11:55am On Nov 24, 2012
Come O, is this disturbing news true?
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by ParisLove2(f): 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2012
Ezeufi:

I do not condemn killing of women, or any innocent soul.

What I find funny is some nigerians think they will one day become part of NATO.

Why when the norwegian killer Anders Breivik kill masses of people under the name of christianity; its not the faith but the individial is castigated.

When an Hausa man kills in the name of islam, its islam that is crucified and not the person involved.
Hmm here's your average Muslim. God help us and them. SMH
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Mgbadike80: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
Amee1: People should be mindfull in their expression. Islam is not propagating terrorism. Christain should stop asaulting islam in this forum. Moderator u should take not.
a proverb in my place says that if u behave like a rat, u would be chased by d pussy cat. Worldwide terrorism goes hand in hand with islam.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by aryzgreat: 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
After killing, these animals will enter mosque on friday and perform ablution and believe allah has forgiven all the killing they did. Wat a big deception. If una like do ablution with hypo and aeriel mixed together, u must answer for the souls u wasted.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by ChyV(f): 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2012
[quote author=ucforu] op
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Sike(m): 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
mike404: Religion of piss and urine embarassed
Be Careful.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by skyfall: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2012
The story sounds fake. But any woman who still wears mini skirts in Maiduguri has apparently lost her human survival instinct. Everybody knows those people are beasts. Run for your life, Run from that hopeless desert, RUN!
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by stupor(m): 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
ucforu: but come to think of it...................Why must the ladies still wear mini skirt in a state like Maidugiri?

are they foreigners?

Respect is reciprocal...

so the answer is tO reciprocate with murder ! That's total indignity to value of human life.

And I am also sure that these ladies were wearing their shorts in the comfort of their homes with nO intent of disturbance to others.

This totally unfair !

And I owe the fed Govt responsible for their incompetent responsibilities.

They can't even protect helpless students,how much more a visiting foreignerP

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"The Economist" Accuses Buhari Of Worsening Nigeria's Economy / Pregnant Teenage Girls Rescued Along With Other Boko Haram Sex Slaves. Photos / Sit-At-Home: Imo Government Shuts Banks, Customers Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.