Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. (12582 Views)

I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike / How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect / The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 24, 2012

First beams in place! The Rivers Monorail first segment is scheduled to open in 2013

While still attached to the crane, workers bolt the track into place.

The Port Harcourt monorail will be using Intamin P30 Monorails...the same type used in the Moscow monorail transportation system.

This is how Port Harcourt's will look based on the Moscow monorails.

Culled
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by taharqa: 2:39am On Nov 24, 2012
GREAT sights! Beaurifu... Railways constructions and reconstructions/rehabilitations are going-on across parts of the nation in ways neva witnessd in d nation's history: Fashola's inter-Lagos modern rail lines are stridding on; the FG rehabilitation of all existing narrow guages across the nation (the 2 lines Lagos-kano and PH-maiduguri and dier branches, with trains now running on most parts of Lagos-Kano) is also stridding on; Abuja-kaduna Standard guage also on-going and at around 48% completion; inter-Abuja Standard rail lines on-going as well; Standard guage Ajaokuta-Aladja-Warri track already fully laid (and beautiful stuff i might add) and nearing final navigational completion; while Lagos-Ibadan Double track is just barely starting. Dont know right now d state of Calabar monorail construction by d Cross River govt at present.... Bottom-line: gr8t things are in d offing but eternal vigilance needed as usual

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by dBard: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2012
There are virtually no roads in Port Harcourt devoid of pot holes and we're supposed to be happy about that? A project that has gulped hundreds of millions dollars for <5 kilometres. Pardon me if I don't dance Etighi at d news..must b d waist pain from d bad roads I passed last night.. undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by naptu2: 7:34am On Nov 24, 2012
OP, please can I add your pictures to the collection of pictures on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1062509/nigeria-good-bad-beautiful-ugly/27 (Nigeria: The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly)?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2012
lol.. this is the greatest elephant project ever. It will probably be completed in 2050 if the next governor does not abandon it.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by dBard: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2012
FreeGlobe: lol.. this is the greatest elephant project ever. It will probably be completed in 2050 if the next governor does not abandon it.

Which he'll b wise t do..
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by doctokwus: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2012
Simply anoda avenue for fraud.Looking at evn d op's propagandalist's pix,its clear dis is a project not conceived to b completed in Amaechi's tenure.Just like phantom power projects dat av never added any reasonable Kilowatt to d national grid.Let dem tel d pple how much has bn spent so far& d level of progress;den d total budgetted& most likely already disbursed,den compare wt those frm other countries wt transparent accounting/project processes,den all wi see its beta dis project is abandoned now,less it becomes a perpetual drain pipe to d Rivers treasury.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by otokx(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2012
but rossike why have you come to remind us of all our troubles?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by Ak47yang(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2012
doctokwus: Simply anoda avenue for fraud.Looking at evn d op's propagandalist's pix,its clear dis is a project not conceived to b completed in Amaechi's tenure.Just like phantom power projects dat av never added any reasonable Kilowatt to d national grid.Let dem tel d pple how much has bn spent so far& d level of progress;den d total budgetted& most likely already disbursed,den compare wt those frm other countries wt transparent accounting/project processes,den all wi see its beta dis project is abandoned now,less it becomes a perpetual drain pipe to d Rivers treasury.
y cant u people hav faith

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by FrankC3: 9:32am On Nov 24, 2012
We can hear you guys!! When it is done by Fashola or any other SW governor, it is a great project being executed by a visionary who has promised to deliver it on schedule. When it is done by any other governor elsewhere or FG, it is a white elephant project and will never be delivered, even when the project life cycle has not expired. The conspiracy seem to be that ' we are the only guys that can do it right...' Some of us are watching with rapt attention.

14 Likes

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by puskin: 9:37am On Nov 24, 2012
I've always said that this is the biggest phantom project ever executed by any past or present governor in Nigeria.
What a gigantic waste.

So of all the projects deemed fit to execute......one lame governor thought this out........and if I may ask, what happened to rehabilitating the Odili rail. undecided undecided
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by puskin: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2012
Ak47yang: y cant u people hav faith

Faith in what??
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by u3fine(m): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2012
This project is a misplaced priority. What we neeed now in PH is good roads not this white elephant project to syphone money.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by COMPAQ(m): 9:39am On Nov 24, 2012
The monorail in not really necessary for port Harcourt. There is a lot more improvement on the roads that could have been done to improve the traffic situation. For me the only city in Nigeria that really really needs a monorail is Lagos. Lagos has the middle class to sustain it and the benefits as per improved mobility in Lagos will far exceed what it will generate in Port Harcourt.
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by dasparrow: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2012
@Post

Looks nice and promising. My only concern is: can we maintain it? We don't have a maintenance culture in Nigeria. Look at all the beautiful buildings in Abuja back in the day when I was growing up there. Today, they are all green with algae and rottening away. I was shocked. Nonetheless, great project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by naiko: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2012
faith without the rite action ehn ?ameachi should face road projects squarely,inter lands other smaller town should linked to ph,the ring roads should constructed,trans amadi roads should be repaired while a plan to expand it should be put in place.connecting roads within peter odili and trans amadi should be fixed,okporo by artillery should be completed.the ring1st was better but for these 2nd tenure i am yet to see or feel any dividend of his rule
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2012
Rivers State?
The money for this project should have been spent on different mediums of water transportation and bridges across the state not the already congested Port-Harcourt City...

but probably this was the conservation that went on
Sec to Sec of Sec of Ministry of Works: Sir, too many potholes on our road.
Amaechi: Ahhh, what do we do?
Sec to Sec of Sec of Ministry of Works: Build a monorail. No potholes.
Amaechi: Ah, very good, very good..
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by naiko: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2012
faith without the rite action ehn ?It might be a good project but for some of us who have done extensive research on this project and similars around the globe,sorry to inform you the project cannot and will not come on stream in 2013. i will advise the governor to concentrate on roads the same why he did it during its 1st tenure,too much concentration on greater portharcourt and this kind of elephant will not place the state on the map of development.have you being to slaughter-trans amadi road of late?big eyesore,don't 4get how much the same trans amadi genrates monthly in terms of tax?ameachi should focus on roads once again and reduce his many trips outside the state

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by chiwob(m): 9:46am On Nov 24, 2012
We no get road for Ph make amechi fix de road 1st
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2012
this nation has really fawked up our minds. we do not see anything good in monorails again. anyway, its my state and i'm proud of it. the bad roads in our country is not peculiar to Port-Harcourt alone so haters just take a chill pill. my only problem is that it might not be completed in Amaechi's tenure and the next governor might abandon it embarassed
naptu2: OP, please can I add your pictures to the collection of pictures on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1062509/nigeria-good-bad-beautiful-ugly/27 (Nigeria: The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly)?
[size=16pt]NO[/size]
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by basher(m): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2012
Frank-C:
We can hear you guys!! When it is done by Fashola or any other SW governor, it is a great project being executed by a visionary who has promised to deliver it on schedule. When it is done by any other governor elsewhere or FG, it is a white elephant project and will never be delivered, even when the project life cycle has not expired. The conspiracy seem to be that ' we are the only guys that can do it right...' Some of us are watching with rapt attention.

I know rivers state very well & it is much larger than lagis state. Why spend all this money on ph when u still don"t have roads linking the islands to ph? What about the ring road project which would have made a more meaningful and visible impact?
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by Kesmakveli(m): 9:58am On Nov 24, 2012
Who says dey aint road in ph city?? Maybe na for bush d̶̲̥̅̊ɑ̣̣̝̇̇τ̣̣̥ person dey stay!! Nice interim work.. Bravo Governor
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by excondido(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2012
looks good though, but is still nothing more than a conduit for embezzlement.
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by kelvincoll(m): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2012
I assume Amaechi's will to embark on such project is to reduce the trafic congestion and pressure on roads in Ph as d train serves a coonvienient alternative for commuters same as what d BRTand ongoing rail project was to achieve in lagos, this way road constructions as well as maintenance wud be easier and faster. When akpabio was building flyova bridges in Uyo same criticisms followed on d need when ring roads architectures as designed by d ex Gov cud have been embarked upon. Akpabio stated he envisaged a boom of econmic activites and influx of people into Uyo in d not too distant future. I tink PHC wud benefit frm ds in d future if only it can be maintained cool

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 24, 2012
If we must develop a rail system in Rivers State, I 'd suggest a normal Highspeed Metro system...

Port Harcourt to Omoku by rail...
Port Harcourt to Abonnema by rail...
Port Harcourt to Bori by rail...

This would go a long way in decongesting our overcrowded Port Harcourt City and break the One City State jinx...

Our roads go bad because of bad contractors and over dependence on road transport...

What happened to developing other means of transportation?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by kelvincoll(m): 10:13am On Nov 24, 2012
If we must develop a rail system in Rivers State, I 'd suggest a normal Highspeed Metro system...

Port Harcourt to Omoku by rail...
Port Harcourt to Abonnema by rail...
Port Harcourt to Bori by rail...

This would go a long way in decongesting our overcrowded Port Harcourt City and break the One City State jinx...

Our roads go bad because of bad contractors and over dependence on road transport...

What happened to developing other means of transportation?
On point! cool
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by ehispapa(m): 10:13am On Nov 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:
First beams in place! The Rivers Monorail first segment is scheduled to open in 2013

While still attached to the crane, workers bolt the track into place.

okey ooo.Over to my northern governors

The Port Harcourt monorail will be using Intamin P30 Monorails...the same type used in the Moscow monorail transportation system.

This is how Port Harcourt's will look based on the Moscow monorails.

Culled
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by bigx(m): 10:19am On Nov 24, 2012
In this case, I'd have to go with the crowd.
I need a cold beer everyday before going to my house to avoid feeling the heartbreak when I hear my car parts break as it moves over the bad roads. There is hardly any traffic where the monorail covers (close to the government house) so it's obvious its just an ego-pumping white elephant project.
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by Abagworo(m): 10:28am On Nov 24, 2012
After 5 years we've still not completed "Lagos" to "UTC" which is merely half a mile. What this means is that it will take another 10 years to reach "waterlines".

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by dustydee: 10:36am On Nov 24, 2012
What are the safety measures put in place in case there is an accident or fire? What will the emergency response look like?
Re: Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. by naptu2: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2012
brokoto: this nation has really fawked up our minds. we do not see anything good in monorails again. anyway, its my state and i'm proud of it. the bad roads in our country is not peculiar to Port-Harcourt alone so haters just take a chill pill. my only problem is that it might not be completed in Amaechi's tenure and the next governor might abandon it embarassed [size=16pt]NO[/size]

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine / Boko Haram Kills 1,100 Since Being ‘technically Defeated / APC Condemns Attack On Oshiomhole’s Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.