Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,905 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:07 PM

Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign (24380 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / My Wife Is More Sexually Responsive After I Beat Her Up / My Husband Is Sexually Weak: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by GJames(m): 10:29am On Nov 24, 2012
tintingz: Reading post so far in this thread

Boys liked the purnishment

Gals disliked the purnishment

Why do gals disliked this purnishment?. . . grin grin

Jst wat i was abt to say. IMO d punish no harsh at al
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by azpeculiar: 10:30am On Nov 24, 2012
Tough love! smiley
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2012
2sexy: All those America wannabe, the worst you could do to your child is raise them in the US without a trace of their Nigerian heritage. Morally, that country is fvcked.

I would prefer to give my children their primary and secondary education here before sending them to the US.
Wonderful . . . the over 70 million youths currently in and raised in Nigeria, who so far, have that country operating the way it currently does, are, I am guessing, your example for why it is better to raise your child the Nigerian way, right undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Yes, the Nigerian youths, raised the Nigerian way, many of them with no way of telling their left from their right, and with no idea that they are the one's to make the change they need happen, are the excellent reasons for why those Abroad need to raise their kids the "Nigerian" way(heritage, morals and all).
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Koolking(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2012
ogugua88: Imagine people feeling sorry for this girl. Una never jam ogbanje. Some of these Yankee kids were born rotten. I have witnessed it in person. A mother tells her daughter to behave in public. The girl shouted back at her, "shut the f*#% up". The mom was so embarrassed. She actually sobbed and left the room. Kids murdering their parents because their parents seized their playstation. Girls sleeping with boys for potato chips, in hopes of getting pregnant. Koboko no fit cure ogbanje. I'm telling you.

If her parents didn't send her on the streets, she would one-up them next time. She's already sneaking boys to her room and laughing in her parents/grandparents' faces. Discipline is best when it's started from young. At age 15, shame and humiliation may be the answer.

+100
It's unfortunate, the society operates in the opposite now. When kids abuse and disrespect their parents, child right extremists see it as normal, but when parents discipline their kids for untoward behaviours the same people see it as abuse. We yearn for a better society, for change, yet we abhor discipline. Where will the change comes from? Change can only come from our respective families that make up the larger community. At age 15 she is already bigger than the parents and grandparents, probably doing drugs and becoming a nuisance to the society. I am in support of the parents' discipline style. Like you rightly say, "shame and humiliation may be the answer". Thumbs up to the parents.

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 24, 2012
Am surprised at the response of most ladies to this thread. It seems we are heading towards moral bankruptcy.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by ghettodreamz(m): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2012
No intention of derailing but I think Proverb 22:6 says it all.

6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Koolking(m): 10:49am On Nov 24, 2012
I bet this girl will change for good. She will be a model to other girls. She is even in the global spot beam (news) for irreverent behaviour at age 15.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by plendil: 10:52am On Nov 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Wonderful . . . the over 70 million youths currently in and raised in Nigeria, who so far, have that country operating the way it currently does, are, I am guessing, your example for why it is better to raise your child the Nigerian way, right undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Yes, the Nigerian youths, raised the Nigerian way, many of them with no way of telling their left from their right, and with no idea that they are the one's to make the change they need happen, are the excellent reasons for why those Abroad need to raise their kids the "Nigerian" way(heritage, morals and all).

Your point?

Are those youths responsible for the current rot in the country? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by thaira(f): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2012
dont8: Unfortunately for the parents, this experience will spur her to do more.

If this does not work, nothing ever will work on her. As a teenager living in a small neighbourhood, my dad's promises of shaming us children was enough to keep us in line. No one let him try it. This is much better than flogging.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2012
plendil:

Your point?

Are those youths responsible for the current rot in the country? undecided undecided undecided

Oh wait . . . I forgot!! The current stock of youths have to be the exact ones that defecated in the yard, for them to know that the yard needs to be cleaned out the yard so THEY can have the change they want and for their own good. My bad!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes, if you move into a house and the house is dirty, because you didn't dirty it up, it is not your place to clean the house out, abi?? undecided undecided undecided

Like I said . . .
Kobojunkie:
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 24, 2012
obadiah777: TOO SMALL ? YEAH THEIR ECONOMY AINT WHAT IT USED TO BE
too much, this guy should be making my salary at my last job in 2 days.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Thanks bro...you are the type I like...you hit the nail on the head
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 24, 2012
You haven't witness were a person treat ya fuckup b4 in public...u wouldn't want that to happen again...NEVER
Humiliation in dis case is better than flogging
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by plendil: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Oh wait . . . I forgot!! The current stock of youths have to be the exact ones that defecated in the yard, for them to know that the yard needs to be cleaned out the yard so THEY can have the change they want and for their own good. My bad!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes, if you move into a house and the house is dirty, because you didn't dirty it up, it is not your place to clean the house out, abi?? undecided undecided undecided

Like I said . . .

We are not talking about whose duty is to fix the rot which is not the fault of the youths in the first place. Your earlier claim was that the current rot in the country was due to youths raised in a supposedly more morally strict society. I insist that is not true.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 24, 2012
blink182: too much, this guy should be making my salary at my last job in 2 days.
WELL HE IS NOT THE TYPICAL AMERICAN. HE IS MAKING SIX FIGURES. THE AVERAGE WAGE IN AMERICA IS LIKE $40,000.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 11:14am On Nov 24, 2012
plendil:

We are not talking about whose duty is to fix the rot which is not the fault of the youths in the first place. Your earlier claim was that the current rot in the country was due to youths raised in a supposedly more morally strict society. I insist that is not true.

Abeg!! If na ADHD, go find someone else to follow you on that coaster discussion you dey try there. I responded to a post on raising children the "Nigerian way", trying to get the @Poster to see how the example youths raised that way are in the majority unable to move their own lives and country forward still.

You asked me why they should make any attempts to clean up the mess, and I responded. If you are UNABLE to follow your own discussion, please go find someone else to disturb.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by bongila(f): 11:18am On Nov 24, 2012
Beautiful! Imagine what it will be like for her in school,church etc etc.@Age fifteen I was preparing for University but this babe here don tidy her whole neighborhood. Who says being in Nigeria doesn't have it's perks? She for try am for this country. Mumu!
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2012
This is point blank ABUSE!!! Naija! chei! That girl will need series of therapy sessions to get her self esteem back in orde...that's if she ever will...dem don damage her ...just like that! young girls are the most vulnurable being..

1 Like

Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 11:21am On Nov 24, 2012
bongila: Beautiful! Imagine what it will be like for her in school,church etc etc.@Age fifteen I was preparing for University but this babe here don tidy her whole neighborhood. Who says being in Nigeria doesn't have it's perks? She for try am for this country. Mumu!

Gosh . . . you were preparing for university but the million others who already plowed their state, for the same Naija, by that time, we should ignore abi wetin?? undecided undecided undecided undecided See, if you are going to play the NAIJA vs Abroad card, at least do so after CAREFUL THINKING! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by plendil: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Abeg!! If na ADHD, go find someone else to follow you on that coaster discussion you dey try there. I responded to a post on raising children the "Nigerian way", trying to get the @Poster to see how the example youths raised that way are in the majority unable to move their own lives and country forward still.

You asked me why they should make any attempts to clean up the mess, and I responded. If you are UNABLE to follow your own discussion, please go find someone else to disturb.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously, Tracy, you're a piece of work.

You've not been able to support your blind assertion that the current state of things is due to youths' upbringing so I'm not sure what all the yapping is about.

BTW, Just how many ADHD people do find engaging 'coaster discussions'?

Anyway I'm off to BF, we'll continue later. . .
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2012
plendil:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously, Tracy, you're a piece of work.

You've not been able to support your blind assertion that the current state of things is due to youths' upbringing so I'm not sure what all the yapping is about.

BTW, Just how many ADHD people do find engaging 'coaster discussions'?

Anyway I'm off to BF, we'll continue later. . .

look at this goat . . . You misconstrue what was CLEARLY stated and you think I am the piece of work here?

And calling me "tracy" makes you less of an eejiit here?? right?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Like I said, go bother someone else with you ADHD-like discussion strategy.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by toluxa1(m): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2012
Lol, I like the girl popsi die. He said if she doesn't change, he's going to shave off her hair and this time she will be holding the sign right in front of her high school with shaved hair. Trust me, it doesn't get stricter! The girl go change shap shap.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 24, 2012
come and see kids 14 and up...in high school with pregnancies and babies....all high schools here have daycares for the student...breastfeed and go back to class...they never miss their school cos of belle...I am not encouraging that but it is what it is and i SURE DON'T want that for mine too...you think if those high school girls are treated this way...our clinics will have enough nurses? condemn condemn I just don't get it!
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Meddler(f): 11:50am On Nov 24, 2012
jidegirl12: This is point blank ABUSE!!! Naija! chei! That girl will need series of therapy sessions to get her self esteem back in orde...that's if she ever will...dem don damage her ...just like that! young girls are the most vulnurable being..
Really abuse? What do we propose they do to her then? Hold her hands and talk to her gently and pray that she changes her behavior. Her parents have already done that and all she does it laugh in their face and she has the audacity to sneak guys into her room at 3am in d morning. That is in itself is a slap in the parents face and highly disrepectful. I commend the parents for stepping up to the plate. If her behavior goes unchecked chances are she will end up as a drunkie with 10 kids from different men, no prospects or worse dead on some street corner.
So pretty pls tell me who is abusing who? Kids of nowadays I fear o!
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 11:52am On Nov 24, 2012
jidegirl12: come and see kids 14 and up...in high school with pregnancies and babies....all high schools here have daycares for the student...breastfeed and go back to class...they never miss their school cos of belle...I am not encouraging that but it is what it is and i SURE DON'T want that for mine too...you think if those high school girls are treated this way...our clinics will have enough nurses? condemn condemn I just don't get it!

Where is here? What country(with no religious laws) does not have about the same problems with teenage pregnancies? At least the schools there are being PROACTIVE by providing them with the help to help keep them in school.

I don't know that many parents who pray to have pregnant teenagers, but even when pregnant, they remain kids that need to be helped and taken care of. It is sad but it is the truth.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by shadrach77: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2012
The way i see it, it's like killing a fly with a sledge hammer. They have ruined the girl's life angry
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2012
Meddler:
Really abuse? What do we propose they do to her then? Hold her hands and talk to her gently and pray that she changes her behavior. Her parents have already done that and all she does it laugh in their face and she has the audacity to sneak guys into her room at 3am in d morning. That is in itself is a slap in the parents face and highly disrepectful. I commend the parents for stepping up to the plate. If her behavior goes unchecked chances are she will end up as a drunkie with 10 kids from different men, no prospects or worse dead on some street corner.
So pretty pls tell me who is abusing who? Kids of nowadays I fear o!

OMG !! are you for real!! ofcourse you are ..what am I talking about?

Who told you she will not do it again after this humiliation? siddon there...as the matter of fact she will move into that guy's house and live with him...how I wish I can follow the story and see how she ends up...cos it ain't gonna be pretty...confirmed!

A wise person as spoken on this forum before ...Naija approach violence with violence....we just can't help it...it's who we are...Poor children.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Originalsly: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2012
"Bend the tree when it is young".... am not disagreeing with the punishment but most times these parents are too busy chasing the dollars and do not pay close attention to their kids. Then they keep buying all the latest stuff which then spoil the kids rotten. If they can humiliate their daughter like that in public then in that part of the country they had far more other ways of setting her straight when she was much younger.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by violent(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2012
shadrach77: The way i see it, it's like killing a fly with a sledge hammer. They have ruined the girl's life angry

Exactly what I'm thinking.

In a world where events can stay on Google forever, i wonder what future employers will be happy to offer a job to someone who couldn't listen to their parents.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 11:58am On Nov 24, 2012
Originalsly: "Bend the tree when it is young".... am not disagreeing with the punishment but most times these parents are too busy chasing the dollars and do not pay close attention to their kids. Then they keep buying all the latest stuff which then spoil the kids rotten. If they can humiliate their daughter like that in public then in that part of the country they had far more other ways of setting her straight when she was much younger.

Um . . . does not seem this particular girl's parents are busy chasing the dollar. This in fact is a good example of parents who are INVOLVED in their child's life. I mean they even know what time and stuff. and I am certain one of em is watching her from somewhere as she stands in the street with that sign.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by bongila(f): 11:59am On Nov 24, 2012
@Kobojunkie seems this post is really personal to you. Careful thinking you say,now tell me,how many Nigerian girls of that age bracket would do the things the said girl has done? Sneak a guy in to her parents house,talk back and openly insult her parents/grandparents huh Acknowledge it,moral laxity is rife in the states all due to parents with no sense of discipline. I'm sure you've come across the bible verse that talks about sparing the rod and spoiling the child. Abuse and Discipline are two words America should try and define well. I hope you'll enjoy it when your daughter brings in troops of men into your house.
Re: Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign by Kobojunkie: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2012
violent:

Exactly what I'm thinking.

In a world where events can stay on Google forever, i wonder what future employers will be happy to offer a job to someone who couldn't listen to their parents.

Employers are not that daft. How many 15-year-olds(if no be geek with delayed rebellion syndrome) out there listens to their parents for pete's sake? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Checkout Lovely Picture Of Four Generations Of My Family / 72 Years Old Man Seeks Dissolution Of His 44 Years Old Marriage / Woman And Her 4 Children Burnt In Anambra After Fire Outbreak. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.