Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830696 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
manson5011:
thank God I've finally found a place where to belong.
happy to be here tho.

U are welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by DONIYKE6(m): 9:13am On Jun 30, 2016
Call 08033863100 for directions. 8am-9am for 7 sundays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ajiboye007(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2016
Isang Udo Akagha

IT IS SERIOUS MATTER!

Islam, The Church & The Way Forward.
Christian Apologetics is the branch of theology that deals with the application of reasoning is propagating the word of God and destroying the works of darkness.
The Ministry of Christian Apologetics is practically a young and largely untapped one but it is indeed very powerful and has strong scriptural backing. Reaching out to Muslims have been known to be a very difficult task over the ages but of recent, it has been proven that the employment Christian Apologetics has been a very effective tool in preaching the Gospel of Jesus to Muslims.
Before now, many Christian leaders were known to oppose the Ministry of Christian Apologetics especially when used in exposing the errors of Islam but today, more and more Pastors are beginning to see the need and have expressed the desire to acquire wider knowledge in this regard particularly for the purpose of achieving greater exploits in ministry.
Islam is a global phenomenon of serious concern. It cuts across every sphere of the society and has it's unpleasant impacts everywhere. While governments of nations contend with the political, economic and security problems caused by the Islamic movement, it would be very wrong and most unreasonable for the Christian Church to sit back and do nothing about implication of Islam on the spread of the gospel and salvation of souls. The truth that God loves the Muslim people and Jesus died to save them too, places a serous demand on the evangelical wing of the Christian Church at large and every local Christian assembly.
It is in this light that I am pleased to invite you to this all important seminar One Day Strategic Seminar on Christian Apologetics.
Date: Saturday 9th July 2016
Time: 11am - 1pm (prompt)
Venue: LAM Center, 26 Adegbola Street, Anifowoshe, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Theme: Islam, The Church & The Way Forward.

IT IS SERIOUS MATTER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ajiboye007(m): 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
....THE TRUTH ABOUT ISLAM.......
AND SHIFTING BLAME OF THEIR CRIME ON THE INNOCENT .
BY ........David Anas Al-Suleiman
When Muslims terrorize Israeli citizens, the media blame it on so called Israeli occupation.
Muslim terrorize Americans in US, the US Government blame it on lack of gun control.
Muslim terrorize people in France, the Muslim community blame it on so called Islamophobia.
Muslim terrorize people in Belgium, the media blame it on lack of Muslim integration into Belgium society.
Muslims terrorize people in China, the media blame Chinese Government for oppressing Uighurs Chinese Muslim.
Muslim terrorist kill people in Turkey, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, they blame Isis.
Muslims terrorize people in Pakistan and Afghanistan, they blame Taliban.
Muslims terrorize people in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Niger, Boko Haram got to blame.
Muslims terrorize people in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia, they blame Al-Shabaab.
Muslims terrorize people in Philippine, they blame it on Abu Sayyaf.
Muslims terrorize people in Thailand, they blame Ansar Ul-Sharia.
Muslims terrorize people in C.A.R, they blame it on Balak Jihadist Group.
What all this attacks have in common is Islam and they're Sunni Muslims, with an agenda to kill as many as they could and impose Islamic Sharia law in every community they operates in. These Muslims are very devout Muslims who are willing to commit atrocity and die as Martyrs, They have studied and recite Quran and following the example of Muhammad the Prophet of Islam who himself started these New World Order Movement with Hatred, Violent, Terror and War.
The main problem are the Western leaders who are in denial of the threats from Islamic terrorism and their global ambition.
The victimhood mentality adopted by so called Peaceful Muslims in the West is also exploited by Islamic State to attract followers and the Western liberals themselves actually encouraged Muslims victimhood complaints and grievance contests to flourish.
IT'S A SERIOUS MATTER

1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by teledola(m): 11:50am On Jul 03, 2016
Its well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
I wonder why this chatroom is stagnant..
Thought we will be sharing Bible passages and developing our faith...

It is well cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by DucheSsMerezz(f): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2016
PAINGAIN:
But i always see moslems here saying all sorts of trash about jesus. These mods are very biased.

Extremely biased. But I don't blame _seun. _Seun knows how enormously foolish they are, and as _stupid people are very easy to deceive, he continues stroking their foolishness.

Muslims may not know, but they have shown and continue to show that there is something doubtful about their belief otherwise they would beg _seun to remove the restrictions hovering over the muslim faith on nairaland. A belief unintelligently scripted by a disastrous apprentice containing lots of loose ends.

When realisation hit them, it was far too late to alter the qu'ranic words. Their last resort was/is to employ sheer violence in order to make people governed by reason to keep from thoroughfully analysing their belief.

Their imams, though they are not so bright, did only little to confine them in mental slavery.

A promise of a blissful, eternal afterlife of drinking and eating and merriment and of sexual immorality if they serve their creator (which is _allah) well in this world, was all it took to make them mindless puppets.

As far as I can say, most of them do not hold life in high regard that is why we have the BokoHarams, suicide bombers, e.t.c whose sole aim is to eliminate anything that is good.

Their enormous passion for a tempting offer they couldn't resist have deadened their sense of reasoning so badly that they have become a threat to civilisation.

Sorry, I had to quote you here cause the thread was deleted before I had the chance to click the submit button.

You were right. No sooner had you made your comment than the MODs justified it.

My assertion is also correct seeing that _seun dances merrily on their senselessness for the umpteenth time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by opineflu(m): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
How can these things be compatible: we want to be Christians, disciples of Jesus Christ, who bore the cross for the whole world and chose to do so voluntarily, and yet we reject our own cross? Jesus says, "He who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me" (Matt. 10: 38), and "Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14: 27). One day Jesus will say to those who avoided their crosses, "I do not consider you to be My disciples!" Then the door to His kingdom will be closed. What severe judgment will come upon us, if we refuse to carry the cross that has been laid upon us and complain about it to God and man! Our complaints are usually accusations. If we bear our suffering by saying "Yes, Father" we will come to great glory one day above, and here on earth we will be led into an intimate fellowship of love with Jesus. But if we avoid the cross, we will experience just the opposite. Here on earth we will become unhappy, because we are separated from Jesus. Only those who are His true followers, who go the way of the cross with Him, will be near Him here, and then above for all eternity. If we want to be with Jesus and want our lives to end in the City of God, there is only one way-the way of the cross. Jesus is asking each of us personally "Will you choose My way of the cross?" He is beckoning to us in love, "Come, follow Me; take up your cross!" If we do not follow the call of Him who loves us more than anyone else, if we refuse to take up our cross and even rebel against it, we will have to hear the Lord say to us as He did to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan!" (Matt. 16: 23). For then the tempter has us in his grip. He will bring all those who do not want their crosses into the kingdom of hell. Then they will have to suffer much worse. Satan wants to use every means to deter us from going the way of the cross, because he does not want us to reach the kingdom of eternal joy. There our cross will change to joy, if we carry it for Jesus here. This is a decision which will have far-reaching consequences for all eternity. If we want to enter Jesus' kingdom one day and inherit the crown of life, we have to follow the Apostle Paul's advice, "Take your share of suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus" (2 Tim. 2: 3). We should surrender ourselves to suffering, for instance, if God lays a cross upon us, if we have to suffer unjustly, if people hurt us without reason, scold us and treat us badly, it is then that we must follow in His footsteps. "When He was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten; but he trusted to him who judged justly" (I Pet. 2: 23). If we want to choose the "ways in Christ" (I Cor. 4: 17), we will suffer everything; persecuted and reviled, we will bless; suffering unjustly, we will be "refuse", a doormat for all. Then we are on Jesus' side. Then He will recognize us as His disciples and want to share His glory with us above, giving us thrones and crowns. Those who have suffered with Christ and have patiently borne various types of suffering and afflictions, such as bodily hardships, disappointments, loneliness, the death of dear ones and family troubles, will inherit eternal glory with Jesus (Romans 8: 17). But if we belong to those who complain about every cross and are discouraged and even accuse God with the question, "Why me? Why do I have to suffer?" we could be destroyed by God's verdict. "But as for the cowardly . . . their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone.. ." (Rev. 21: cool. So everything depends upon whether we really bear our crosses. But how can we get free when we are bound by fear of the cross? The first "must" is to recognize the reason for trying to avoid the cross! We need the insight of truth for our unredeemed, sinful nature. We need to repent of this sinful trait, which makes us guilty again and again. Whoever has recognized how contaminated he is with sin, and is really sorry about it and wants to be freed no matter what it costs, will willingly accept discipline and suffering of all sorts from God. For he tells himself soberly, "I need the crosses to purify and transfigure me into the image of Jesus and so reach the goal of heavenly glory." But whoever does not take his sins and the eternal goal seriously will find that every type of suffering is too much for him. He will complain about it and accuse God and man instead of honestly admitting that he needs suffering and chastening, and lamenting about his own weaknesses and sins. So we need to ask for contrition over this blindness. Then our attitude towards the cross will change and we will see His blessing in it. Simply by suffering in the flesh we stop sinning (I Pet. 4: 1). God allows a cross to enter a sinful area of our lives-so that the sin may be put to death, in this way we become transformed more and more into Jesus'image and one day will be able to see Him face to face. Through discipline we share His holiness (Heb. 12: 10) and without holiness, no one will see the Lord (Heb. 12: 14). For instance, the cross of losing earthly goods, if willingly accepted, has often freed people from their bondage to things of this world, making them free to live for Jesus and His kingdom. Or the cross of losing a beloved person, to whom we were bound, freed our soul to give Jesus undivided love and brought the greatest happiness into our hearts. The cross brings glory and deep joy even here on earth, because God the Father in His love cannot wait until eternity; He yearns to reward us here also. The second "must" for becoming free from trying to avoid the cross is to look at the Father, whose heart is full of love for His child and who carefully considers how much we can bear and what will be best for us. He gives us the very cross that can bring us to glory. He hides a wonderful treasure in our cross. We are to discover it: wonderful fruit, transfiguration, victory, eternal joy, oneness with Jesus. And we must tell ourselves again and again, "Because God is love, suffering is never the end of the story. God always has a way out of suffering; He always has comfort and aid, for He is my Father." Faith in the Father's love, which has given us this cross, will make difficult things easy and bitter things sweet. At the same time look at Jesus. He was the Crossbearer. Humbly bending beneath the heavy burden, He carried His cross lovingly to Calvary for us. He has gone on before us and levelled the ground for us so that we will not stumble. Now He is bearing our cross with us. He knows what it means to carry the cross, since He bore the sins and suffering of all mankind. He knows how to help and strengthen us. Should we not trust Jesus that we can bear it? Yes, if we bear our cross with Jesus, we will come closer to Him than ever before and experience His joy. So let us renounce our mistrust and stop thinking that God is not love and that He brings us suffering without comfort and aid. For such thoughts nourish our desire to avoid the cross and turn our cross into an unbearable burden. Then we will really become unhappy. The worst suffering is our own desire to avoid the cross. That is why we want to renounce this sin. In faith we want to praise the power of Jesus' redemption and experience this power in our lives. My Lord Jesus, You are called the Crucified Lord and the Crossbearer. I have chosen You as my Lord, given You my will and my love, desiring to follow You. Hear my plea: May You never have to say to me: "You are not worthy of Me; you cannot be My disciple", because I did not want to carry my cross. Grant me the grace to say "Yes Father" to every cross, trusting that it has been prepared for me personally and comes from the loving hands of the Father. It will bring me an abundance of divine blessing. Grant me grace to rejoice in my sufferings (Rom. 5: 3), because they transform me and prepare me for Your kingdom of joy and glory-and also give me intimate fellowship with You, my Lord Jesus, here on earth, and let me taste eternal joy. I thank you, my Lord Jesus, for showing us: In the cross is great fruit in the cross is glory in the cross is victory, power and resurrection. The cross frees my soul from this earth and draws me to heaven. The cross brings me gain here and above. Teach me to love my cross as a precious gift from Your hand, which I will thank You for in eternity. Out of love for You, my Lord Jesus, I wish to follow You. Make me a true cross-bearer. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Funjosh(m): 6:20am On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by opineflu(m): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
Preached at Portsmouth, at the ordination of the Rev. Mr. Job Strong, June 28, 1749. John 13:15, 16 For I have given you an example, that he should do as I have done to you. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord, neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. WE have in the context an account of one of the many very remarkable things that passed that night wherein Christ was betrayed (which was on many accounts the most remarkable night that ever was), viz. Christ’s washing his disciples’ feet; which action, as it was exceeding wonderful in itself, so it manifestly was symbolical, and represented something else far more important and more wonderful, even that greatest and most wonderful of all things that ever came to pass, which was accomplished the next day in his last sufferings. There were three symbolical representations given of that great event this evening; one in the passover, which Christ now partook of with his disciples; another in this remarkable action of his washing his disciples’ feet. Washing the feet of guests was the office of servants, and one of their meanest offices. And therefore was fitly chosen by our Savior to represent that great abasement which he was to be the subject of in the form of a servant, in becoming obedient unto death, even that ignominious and accursed death of the cross, that he might cleanse the souls of his disciples from their guilt and spiritual pollution.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by katty09(m): 6:15am On Jul 14, 2016
KNOW HIM & ABIDE IN HIM

I John 2:3-11 NKJV

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments: He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him.

By this we know that we are in Him: He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

KNOWING HIM
Knowing Him is associated with keeping His commandments. Jesus simplified this when the pharisees asked Him what is the greatest commandment. Click here to read "the ten commandments simplified"

ABIDING IN HIM
To abide in Him means to walk as He walked. How did He walk? Jesus' life and ministry is a perfect demonstration of a life of Love and Humility. The Only begotten Son of God left His glory above to become one of us (He was not ashamed to associate Himself with the people made in His Image but now corrupted with sins). He healed all our disease and renew our hope of eternal life.

All these are just what we must think about whenever we need motivations to abide in Him.

Knowing Him and Abiding in Him means we are living our lives in light. He who says He's in light (Knows God and Abides in God) and he who hates his brother is in darkness (he is not in God neither is he abiding in God).

But He who loves His brother is in Light (Knows God and Abides in God) therefore there is no cause for stumbling in Him.

CONCLUSION
Love God and Love your neighbors. Live a life of Love and Humility. By these, you know Him and you abide in Him.

Have a great day.

Visit www.daybydaybiblestudy..com

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Topsy0426(m): 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
WHY YOU MUST PRAY
Matthew 6:7-8 "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him." “Since God already knows what is on our minds, and what we need, why then do we need to pray?” You might want to ask. Firstly, prayer is not all about asking God for what you need; rather, and more importantly, prayer is a romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion Of the God-kind. Read more » [url]thejerrys..com/2016/07/why-you-must-pray.html[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Topsy0426(m): 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
pastormustwacc:
The money ones full everywhere nao.
WHY YOU MUST PRAY
Matthew 6:7-8 "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him." “Since God already knows what is on our minds, and what we need, why then do we need to pray?” You might want to ask. Firstly, prayer is not all about asking God for what you need; rather, and more importantly, prayer is a romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion Of the God-kind. Read more » [url]thejerrys..com/2016/07/why-you-must-pray.html[/url]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ShegsDayo(m): 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Please friends.
I am a guy who loves God looking for a group of Christian friends in Lagos, who love God and are committed to seeking God.
Please if you live around Iyana Ipaja to Ayobo area down to its immediate environs please quote me or send a whatsapp message to 08064856725.

Thanks and i await your responses. Shalom
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by olufebal: 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
Negativity attracts fallen angels.
Positivity attracts GODLY angels.

Let's stay POSITIVE+ in our words, thought and action.

#OLUFEBAL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by DaVinci24(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jesus loves you and wants you to surrender. He says come all ye who are heavily laden and I will give you rest. Holy spirit touch these hearts now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by bennysyl(f): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2016
Let put on mind and trust on God, blc he is the everlasting king, when u are trouble run to him, and he will give you rest, let use through this medium to populate heaven, for he that preaches the word of the Lord is wise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
lilyqueen:

U are welcome
thanks sis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.